Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge... 08:19 - Nov 6 with 9013 viewsBlockJJ

Really hope someone comes in for him in January. Shoehorning him in to every team is a joke.

If he's played wide he drifts in and leaves us open (hence why their RB was having such a great time in the first half, and if we play him in the middle or behind the striker he hasn't reached acceptable levels (imho) this season.

Every time he got the ball yesterday he turned and went back... now I am all for keeping possession and playing along the back four when necessary but it was his first option; turn, and play it back.

Judge... on 09:31 - Nov 6 with 1402 viewsBlockJJ

Judge... on 09:02 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

I see the TWTD swingmeter has gone from massively over-rating everything Judge did last season to massively under-rating everything this season. Standard really.

Not really, I made the thread and was 'okay' about him last season...

For a supposed pivotal player there is a distinct lack of goals, assists or forward thinking.

If only MM was in club football, he would sign him up. Irish love and all that!
Judge... on 09:32 - Nov 6 with 1401 viewsBlockJJ

Judge... on 09:04 - Nov 6 by Kieran_Knows

BuT HE'Z NOt GoT ENE ASITZ Or GOALZ!

Something like that.

Absolutely... he hasn't!
Judge... on 09:33 - Nov 6 with 1399 viewsHerbivore

Something like that.

Pathetic attempt to shut down legitimate criticism.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge... on 09:39 - Nov 6 with 1381 viewsBlueBadger

Judge... on 09:26 - Nov 6 by BlockJJ

Sadly if we sold in August ME would have been crucified.

There would have been a fortnight of tantrums, then the season would have started, he'd have gone to QPr, vanished and we'd have forgotten about him.

As it is, he's now Lambert's Paul Taylor.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Judge... on 09:40 - Nov 6 with 1380 viewsBlueBadger

Something like that.

Given that he's supposed to be an attacking midfielder, isn't the point of him to do that?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Judge... on 09:44 - Nov 6 with 1377 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Judge... on 09:29 - Nov 6 by N2_Blue

Think there is a lot of unfair comment on Judge.
It's clear he's not been at his best, and he has way more ability than we have seen, but he has openly admitted he's struggled for form and it seems there are quite valid reasons for this.

Obviously personal problems and missing pre-season have had an impact but the biggest thing he has mentioned is he has clearly lost a bit of confidence because of the way he has been playing.

I play football regularly, not to any great standard, but after a fairly long absence this year, I just seemingly cannot play to the same level as before....I keep beating myself up about it and it's all completely down to confidence. I'm the same player, same legs but timing has gone when I shoot, crosses over or underhit, constantly feel pressure on the ball even when i have time. Now i'm finally slowly getting confidence back as things i do come off, but what i thought may take a few games has taken me over 3 months. This is the first time I've really appreciated the impact confidence has on a player and the absolute hollow feeling of desperation, and letting team mates down when you seemingly can't play to the standard that you were before.

We really should get behind the guy if the manager seems fit to select him and not knock him as I imagine that is only going to make the situation 10 times worse for AJ. If the manager thinks form and mindset of AJ is not good enough, then he won't select him, but he's obviously seeing enough in training to see him as a starter. Let's support the guy as we are more likely to see the player we want to rather than by criticizing him online. I really hope he doesn't read these threads as it won't help his confidence.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 9:41]

I agree with most of that, and have every sympathy with his personal situation too, however football is a performance business and clubs aren’t a charity

Judge returned from his leg break nearly 2 years ago, played semi regularly for Brentford since coming back and pretty much every week for us since signing in January. At what point does it no longer become confidence/form and just become a case that he’s not a particularly effective player anymore?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Judge... on 09:44 - Nov 6 with 1370 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Judge... on 09:33 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

How dare you criticise his beloved Judgey

Judge... on 09:45 - Nov 6 with 1370 viewsKieran_Knows

Judge... on 09:44 - Nov 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

How dare you criticise his beloved Judgey

Awwwwww, here he is.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Judge... on 09:47 - Nov 6 with 1363 viewsBlueBadger

Not really the soundest takedown is it?

Judge... on 09:49 - Nov 6 with 1358 viewsKieran_Knows

Tongue in cheek of course, and it got the nibbles I was after.

Good mornings work.

Judge... on 09:50 - Nov 6 with 1350 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Judge... on 09:45 - Nov 6 by Kieran_Knows

Awwwwww, here he is.

Easiest bite I’ll get all day

Judge... on 09:51 - Nov 6 with 1347 viewsKieran_Knows

Judge... on 09:50 - Nov 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Easiest bite I’ll get all day

Touche.

Judge... on 09:52 - Nov 6 with 1338 viewsBlueBadger

Judge... on 09:45 - Nov 6 by Kieran_Knows

Awwwwww, here he is.

At this point, how well do you think you're doing?

Judge... on 09:52 - Nov 6 with 1342 viewsN2_Blue

Judge... on 09:44 - Nov 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I agree with most of that, and have every sympathy with his personal situation too, however football is a performance business and clubs aren’t a charity

Judge returned from his leg break nearly 2 years ago, played semi regularly for Brentford since coming back and pretty much every week for us since signing in January. At what point does it no longer become confidence/form and just become a case that he’s not a particularly effective player anymore?

I agree with your points also, and of course we can't just put him in the side because of the player he has been previously. But i assume that Lambert sees him in training and sees that his ability is still there. Also by the fact that i think Judges performances are improving. Admittedly they are improving much slower than i would have hoped, but there is definite improvement and i think that should give optimism to everyone that if this continues we'll have a good player nearer the Judge of previous seasons.

Should his performances tail off or stop progressing then I would agree that AJ shouldn't be starting and that perhaps the problems may be more long-term

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Judge... on 09:53 - Nov 6 with 1335 viewsBlueBadger

Judge... on 09:49 - Nov 6 by Kieran_Knows

Tongue in cheek of course, and it got the nibbles I was after.

Good mornings work.

Ah, the Cruncher school of trolling in which the 'troll' succeeds in making someone look angry and/or stupid, but forgets that it's not supposed to be themself.

Judge... on 09:53 - Nov 6 with 1335 viewsKieran_Knows

Judge... on 09:52 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

At this point, how well do you think you're doing?

I'll let you know once you stop posting pathetic comments about Beattie. Deal?

Judge... on 09:54 - Nov 6 with 1326 viewsBlueBadger

Judge... on 09:53 - Nov 6 by Kieran_Knows

I'll let you know once you stop posting pathetic comments about Beattie. Deal?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Judge... on 09:55 - Nov 6 with 1323 viewsKieran_Knows

Judge... on 09:54 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Judge... on 09:55 - Nov 6 with 1323 viewsGarv

Judge... on 09:02 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

I see the TWTD swingmeter has gone from massively over-rating everything Judge did last season to massively under-rating everything this season. Standard really.

I make you right. He's contributed all season, it's just been a lot more subtle than everyone expected. His first few weeks was a bit of a write off due to pre season and QPR etc.

He'll come good.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Judge... on 09:56 - Nov 6 with 1314 viewsGarv

Judge... on 09:40 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

Given that he's supposed to be an attacking midfielder, isn't the point of him to do that?

Good that he actually has got assists then isn't it.

Judge... on 09:57 - Nov 6 with 1310 viewsBlueBadger

Judge... on 09:55 - Nov 6 by Garv

I make you right. He's contributed all season, it's just been a lot more subtle than everyone expected. His first few weeks was a bit of a write off due to pre season and QPR etc.

He'll come good.

'..a lot more subtle than everyone expected' is the most elegant way of saying 'mostly ineffective' I think I've ever seen.

Judge... on 10:03 - Nov 6 with 1288 viewsBlueBadger

Judge... on 09:56 - Nov 6 by Garv

Good that he actually has got assists then isn't it.

He's got one more than Emyr Huws, despite having more than three times as much game time.

Judge... on 10:07 - Nov 6 with 1283 viewsLankHenners

In fairness, it's not really his fault for being shoehorned into LM in a 442 - you'd like to think the manager would see that as an issue.

That's not to say that's the only thing holding him back, he has underwhelmed and a lot of the criticism is frustration that there was a higher expectation of him. He's clearly been affected by off the pitch issues so there has to be sympathy but at the same time it can't be an excuse for every below-par performance. The biggest difference in him for me is that when he first joined he was excellent at getting in the ref's ear, cajoling his teammates and being the cliched 'manager on the pitch' which he seems to have lost this season.

The 'lack of assists' tag people love to thrash out is a bit harsh - in his better games he's been heavily involved in attacks that have created goals, and could have had a handful of assists had Norwood shown any signs of composure in his finishing. I'd wager the people making that point know this though and are choosing to ignore it.

As Steve mentioned above Judge seems to be the subject of the absolute worst types of football related discussions on here: people taking up a position and refusing to add any nuance to their thoughts, replying to any disagreements with pompous sarcasm and patronisation.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Judge... on 10:08 - Nov 6 with 1277 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 09:55 - Nov 6 by Garv

He'll come good.

It's been very subtle, so subtle that even Judge himself doesn't know what he's contributed so far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge... on 10:14 - Nov 6 with 1271 viewsGarv

Judge... on 09:57 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

'..a lot more subtle than everyone expected' is the most elegant way of saying 'mostly ineffective' I think I've ever seen.

I'm not sure even I thought I was going to get away with that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024