Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge... 08:19 - Nov 6 with 9010 viewsBlockJJ

Really hope someone comes in for him in January. Shoehorning him in to every team is a joke.

If he's played wide he drifts in and leaves us open (hence why their RB was having such a great time in the first half, and if we play him in the middle or behind the striker he hasn't reached acceptable levels (imho) this season.

Every time he got the ball yesterday he turned and went back... now I am all for keeping possession and playing along the back four when necessary but it was his first option; turn, and play it back.

Judge... on 09:10 - Nov 7 with 571 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 07:53 - Nov 7 by portmanking

The vicious dipping shot he had tipped away that was destined for the top right corner?

That was the one shot I originally referred to. And it was a regulation save for the goalie. Attacking player has shot comfortably saved is not much of a defence of his contribution to be honest. I see you don't take issue with the rest of my summary of his performance. He was underwhelming again. I'm pleased he at least recognises that he's been poor this season and let's hope he comes good, but 30+ games into his Town career I'm not putting my house on it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge... on 09:13 - Nov 7 with 563 viewsportmanking

Judge... on 09:10 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

That was the one shot I originally referred to. And it was a regulation save for the goalie. Attacking player has shot comfortably saved is not much of a defence of his contribution to be honest. I see you don't take issue with the rest of my summary of his performance. He was underwhelming again. I'm pleased he at least recognises that he's been poor this season and let's hope he comes good, but 30+ games into his Town career I'm not putting my house on it.

I don't think anyone is denying he's been poor this season? But there are a number of green shoots that have appeared in recent games to suggest he is starting to find his feet again. To simply suggest he is no longer a good player would be foolhardy - form is temporary, class is permanent.
Judge... on 09:17 - Nov 7 with 553 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 09:13 - Nov 7 by portmanking

I don't think anyone is denying he's been poor this season? But there are a number of green shoots that have appeared in recent games to suggest he is starting to find his feet again. To simply suggest he is no longer a good player would be foolhardy - form is temporary, class is permanent.

Class that he's rarely shown since his leg break 3 years ago. My take is that I think he's done, I hope I'm wrong but he looks like a player that used to be good rather than one simply trying to find some form. For me he was the least effective of our midfield quartet the other night so I'm not sure I'm seeing the same green shoots that you are. Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong and starts tearing the league up but it'd be foolish to pin much hope on that.

Judge... on 09:37 - Nov 7 with 539 viewsportmanking

Judge... on 09:17 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

Class that he's rarely shown since his leg break 3 years ago. My take is that I think he's done, I hope I'm wrong but he looks like a player that used to be good rather than one simply trying to find some form. For me he was the least effective of our midfield quartet the other night so I'm not sure I'm seeing the same green shoots that you are. Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong and starts tearing the league up but it'd be foolish to pin much hope on that.

I would totally disagree that he was the least effective and industrious of our midfielders. Nolan was anonymous for vast chunks of Tuesday night and only really came into it in the last 20 mins when we were finally trying to retain possession and run the clock down.

It would be totally remiss not to factor in the fact that he's missed an entire pre-season and the fact that his daughter has been undergoing major life-extending surgery. In any walk of life, that weight on your shoulders would affect your output. He's only human. Yes, he's been trying too hard and attempting to force issues than act on instinct, but he's starting to play off the cuff a little better now. A game in his favoured number ten role also wouldn't go amiss.
Judge... on 09:44 - Nov 7 with 528 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 09:37 - Nov 7 by portmanking

I would totally disagree that he was the least effective and industrious of our midfielders. Nolan was anonymous for vast chunks of Tuesday night and only really came into it in the last 20 mins when we were finally trying to retain possession and run the clock down.

It would be totally remiss not to factor in the fact that he's missed an entire pre-season and the fact that his daughter has been undergoing major life-extending surgery. In any walk of life, that weight on your shoulders would affect your output. He's only human. Yes, he's been trying too hard and attempting to force issues than act on instinct, but he's starting to play off the cuff a little better now. A game in his favoured number ten role also wouldn't go amiss.

He's had games as a number 10 and done nothing. I hope the excuses you are making for him turn out to be legit and he finds some form. In the meantime I'll reserve the right to comment on his performances, which continue to be underwhelming.

Judge... on 09:48 - Nov 7 with 526 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Judge... on 09:37 - Nov 7 by portmanking

Thing is, in 2017 Judge was underwhelming for Brentford as he was just coming back from his leg break. In the first half of 2018 it was because he wasn’t playing regularly (despite making 24 appearances) and then after signing for us it was because he needed match fitness and we were terrible. Now it’s because he missed some of pre season and his daughter

At what point do the excuses end?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Judge... on 09:50 - Nov 7 with 523 viewsportmanking

Judge... on 09:44 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

He's had games as a number 10 and done nothing. I hope the excuses you are making for him turn out to be legit and he finds some form. In the meantime I'll reserve the right to comment on his performances, which continue to be underwhelming.

"Done nothing" is just a 'nothing' statement, but it fits your pompous, condescending narrative I suppose.
Judge... on 09:53 - Nov 7 with 514 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 09:50 - Nov 7 by portmanking

"Done nothing" is just a 'nothing' statement, but it fits your pompous, condescending narrative I suppose.

He's not scored, he's not got assists, he's not created very many chances. Is that specific enough for you? I see you're doing your usual of playing the man when you're all out of arguments. Nice.

Login to get fewer ads

Judge... on 09:54 - Nov 7 with 513 viewsportmanking

Judge... on 09:48 - Nov 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Thing is, in 2017 Judge was underwhelming for Brentford as he was just coming back from his leg break. In the first half of 2018 it was because he wasn’t playing regularly (despite making 24 appearances) and then after signing for us it was because he needed match fitness and we were terrible. Now it’s because he missed some of pre season and his daughter

At what point do the excuses end?

Hopefully between now and the end of this season he stays fit, gets a chance to play in a more central role where he can get on the ball more and dictate the action - just like he did at Burton in the last 30 mins.

Lack of match fitness and us being utterly sh1te and doomed last season is a fair comment, no?

The real talking point with Judge for me is why Lambert continues to play him wide left, when it's clear he has always done his best work centrally throughout his career.
Judge... on 09:59 - Nov 7 with 500 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Judge... on 09:54 - Nov 7 by portmanking

Hopefully between now and the end of this season he stays fit, gets a chance to play in a more central role where he can get on the ball more and dictate the action - just like he did at Burton in the last 30 mins.

Lack of match fitness and us being utterly sh1te and doomed last season is a fair comment, no?

The real talking point with Judge for me is why Lambert continues to play him wide left, when it's clear he has always done his best work centrally throughout his career.

Hopefully yes but if he doesn’t, what is the excuse then?

Also highlighting Burton (can’t comment myself as was on a ferry from the IOM at the time) is hardly the soundest argument that he was lacking sharpness from pre season

I don’t think it’s fair comment really, he’d played in 26 games for Brentford before joining us and played 90 minutes for us pretty much every week - if he was lacking any sharpness initially that rust should have been gone within the first month. And yes we were cr*p but that didn’t stop other players contributing more

I suspect the reason he’s rarely in a number 10 role as he’s not good enough to shuffle our formation to accommodate, and has hugely underwhelmed on the occasions we’ve done so

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Judge... on 10:00 - Nov 7 with 499 viewsportmanking

Judge... on 09:53 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

He's not scored, he's not got assists, he's not created very many chances. Is that specific enough for you? I see you're doing your usual of playing the man when you're all out of arguments. Nice.

I know you like to live a very black-and-white life like most lefties, but sometimes things just aren't that straightforward and clear cut... there's no point me reinforcing my argument when you're too blind to accept any mitigating circumstances.
Judge... on 10:02 - Nov 7 with 492 viewsportmanking

Judge... on 09:59 - Nov 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Hopefully yes but if he doesn’t, what is the excuse then?

Also highlighting Burton (can’t comment myself as was on a ferry from the IOM at the time) is hardly the soundest argument that he was lacking sharpness from pre season

I don’t think it’s fair comment really, he’d played in 26 games for Brentford before joining us and played 90 minutes for us pretty much every week - if he was lacking any sharpness initially that rust should have been gone within the first month. And yes we were cr*p but that didn’t stop other players contributing more

I suspect the reason he’s rarely in a number 10 role as he’s not good enough to shuffle our formation to accommodate, and has hugely underwhelmed on the occasions we’ve done so

The Burton comment is more linked with the Lambert's puzzling use of him. Anyone can see he's more effective in behind the front men where he can slide balls in and helps us keep possession higher up the pitch. Him in that advanced midfield role would allow us to win far more second balls than we're currently doing.
Judge... on 10:07 - Nov 7 with 480 viewsHerbivore

Judge... on 10:00 - Nov 7 by portmanking

I know you like to live a very black-and-white life like most lefties, but sometimes things just aren't that straightforward and clear cut... there's no point me reinforcing my argument when you're too blind to accept any mitigating circumstances.

Like most righties you have no argument so resort to playing the man. It's a shame but you do you, hun.

Judge... on 10:08 - Nov 7 with 475 viewsportmanking

Judge... on 10:07 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

Like most righties you have no argument so resort to playing the man. It's a shame but you do you, hun.

But I do have an argument and you're not prepared to listen to it. Keep ya blinkers on, hun.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024