Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'ayes' have it! 22:12 - Sep 3 with 6435 viewsRyorry

328-strong Rebel Alliance defeated Boris (301)
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 22:13]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:11 - Sep 3 with 1501 viewsGuthrum

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:08 - Sep 3 by Trequartista

They've already lost it.

Marvellous, so they can't even send a straight message now. Leadsome probably got sworn at by Cummings.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:13 - Sep 3 with 1488 viewsGlasgowBlue

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:10 - Sep 3 by SpruceMoose

Just popped in to see if you had the bottle to answer the reasonable question posed earlier.

I can see now that you're still lacking in integrity and still all fart and no poo, so I'll leave this lot to enjoy the 'GB pretends he's not a Tory because it's like totes awkward these days' show! I bid thee goodnight! Mwah x

Cheers. It must be knocking off time in NYC so you’ll no doubt be heading to a bar with work colleagues. Please don’t let us tear you away from your friends.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:16 - Sep 3 with 1483 viewsTrequartista

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:11 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

Great comment from Ken Clarke who has represented the Tories for 49 years in the HOC:"Anyone who says I'm not a Conservative is taking an odd political view. It's the Brexit Party rebadged”
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 23:12]

So their majority, that cost £1bn of taxpayers money to secure, is now minus 43 ?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 23:16]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:17 - Sep 3 with 1474 viewsPinewoodblue

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:01 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

Recent polls show the opposite.

Going to be a very difficult election to predict, unless you can find a way to categorise seats .
Turnout is also going to be a key factor suspect it will be higher than 2017. It will be a loose Alliance between Tory & Brexit parties. If the conservative vote hold up and Brexit attract sufficient Labour voters allowing Conservatives to gain seats there will be enough gains for Boris to cancel out the losses in Scotland and seats swinging back to Lib Dems.

Will there be any remain tactical voting....difficult to say. Guess it is time to have a Political category on TWTD Phil & Gav are going to be busy.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:17 - Sep 3 with 1469 viewsreusersfreekicks

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:11 - Sep 3 by StokieBlue

A sad day if someone so influential and dedicated as Ken Clarke can't vote without having the whip withdrawn.

People will look back and hang their heads in shame.

SB

Precisely
The 'ayes' have it! on 23:22 - Sep 3 with 1451 viewsSwansea_Blue

The 'ayes' have it! on 22:32 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

The 21 Tory rebels. Good to see my tip for future PM Rory Stewart in there.

This is excellent from him. Clearly sets out his reasoning for rebelling with a clarity and openness sorely lacking from many.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:24 - Sep 3 with 1446 viewsActionMan

The 'ayes' have it! on 22:25 - Sep 3 by Dubtractor

I don't know about that.

Lots of usual tory voters won't be keen to vote on a party increasing lining up with the Brexit party and all that that brings.

They are eating it up, if Bojo gets his usual core, along with the Brexit mob UKIP and that he sail home with what Cameron had in 2015. No grey haired old rinse is going to vote for nasty Jeremy.
The 'ayes' have it! on 23:31 - Sep 3 with 1434 viewsGuthrum

The 'ayes' have it! on 22:32 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

The 21 Tory rebels. Good to see my tip for future PM Rory Stewart in there.

From the Guardian just now:

'The Tory MP, Rory Stewart, appeared to confirm he would not stand as an MP at any upcoming general election after rebelling against the government tonight. Speaking at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in London, he said: "Politics is at an all-time low at the moment all over the world and it is great you continue to take an interest in it. We have a lot of work to do to regain anybody’s trust. But I want to finish by saying this is a pretty special evening in many ways because, when I voted against the government this evening, I heard that my whip has been removed. It’s likely tomorrow that there’s going to be an election and I’m not going to be able to stand as the member of Parliament because Boris [Johnson] has decided he doesn’t want me in the party. I am very proud to take the award as politician of the year on the evening which I cease to be a politician."'

Login to get fewer ads

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:36 - Sep 3 with 1412 viewsGuthrum

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:16 - Sep 3 by Trequartista

So their majority, that cost £1bn of taxpayers money to secure, is now minus 43 ?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 23:16]

Indeed. That number may change if there are further defections in the coming days.

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:44 - Sep 3 with 1381 viewsfactual_blue

The 'ayes' have it! on 22:13 - Sep 3 by J2BLUE

Bring the election on.

What makes you think he'd carry the vote for an election?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:48 - Sep 3 with 1371 viewsRyorry

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:11 - Sep 3 by StokieBlue

A sad day if someone so influential and dedicated as Ken Clarke can't vote without having the whip withdrawn.

People will look back and hang their heads in shame.

SB

Shocking. Highlights the depths to which Johnson's sunk.

And did anyone see that shot on the BBC 10pm news of JRM disrespectfully lolling - almost fully reclined - on the green benches with a massive contemptuous smirk all over his rotten immoral face? Sums up his complete arrogance & selfishness.

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:58 - Sep 3 with 1343 viewsreusersfreekicks

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:48 - Sep 3 by Ryorry

And did anyone see that shot on the BBC 10pm news of JRM disrespectfully lolling - almost fully reclined - on the green benches with a massive contemptuous smirk all over his rotten immoral face? Sums up his complete arrogance & selfishness.

Self entitled t0sser
The 'ayes' have it! on 00:00 - Sep 4 with 1341 viewsfactual_blue

The 'ayes' have it! on 22:33 - Sep 3 by The_Major

I suspect Prime Ministerial history is going to record Boris Johnson in the same way as Ipswich Town history has recorded Paul Hurst.

boris has the cabinet send him pictures of them wearing only their pants?

The 'ayes' have it! on 00:03 - Sep 4 with 1338 viewsfactual_blue

The 'ayes' have it! on 22:27 - Sep 3 by Ryorry

Overt blackmail's probably left a sour taste in the mouths of many too, both inside Westminster and across the UK.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 22:28]

He's just a bully who likes to pretend he's Winston Churchill.

Pathetic.

The 'ayes' have it! on 00:06 - Sep 4 with 1332 viewsSwansea_Blue

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:58 - Sep 3 by reusersfreekicks

Self entitled t0sser

Nah, Ryorry’s ok. I can vouch for her

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The 'ayes' have it! on 00:09 - Sep 4 with 1325 viewsRyorry

The 'ayes' have it! on 00:06 - Sep 4 by Swansea_Blue

Nah, Ryorry’s ok. I can vouch for her

I knew my brown envelope bunging campaign would pay off at some point!

The 'ayes' have it! on 00:15 - Sep 4 with 1320 viewspointofblue

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:31 - Sep 3 by Guthrum

From the Guardian just now:

'The Tory MP, Rory Stewart, appeared to confirm he would not stand as an MP at any upcoming general election after rebelling against the government tonight. Speaking at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in London, he said: "Politics is at an all-time low at the moment all over the world and it is great you continue to take an interest in it. We have a lot of work to do to regain anybody’s trust. But I want to finish by saying this is a pretty special evening in many ways because, when I voted against the government this evening, I heard that my whip has been removed. It’s likely tomorrow that there’s going to be an election and I’m not going to be able to stand as the member of Parliament because Boris [Johnson] has decided he doesn’t want me in the party. I am very proud to take the award as politician of the year on the evening which I cease to be a politician."'

The Conservatives have lost Ruth Davison and Rory Stewart in two days.

The future is bleak but I'm not sure of it's colour.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The 'ayes' have it! on 07:36 - Sep 4 with 1206 viewssolemio

The 'ayes' have it! on 23:48 - Sep 3 by Ryorry

Rees Mogg ensures that Johnson is only my second least favourite politician.
The 'ayes' have it! on 08:08 - Sep 4 with 1175 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

The 'ayes' have it! on 22:13 - Sep 3 by J2BLUE

Bring the election on.

I look forward to the long awaited return of Gromheart and Zed Rogers to the forum.
Bring it on.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The 'ayes' have it! on 08:24 - Sep 4 with 1132 viewsBlueBadger

The 'ayes' have it! on 00:15 - Sep 4 by pointofblue

The Conservatives have lost Ruth Davison and Rory Stewart in two days.

The future is bleak but I'm not sure of it's colour.

The Tories are following the Labour lead of purging anyone disgreeing with a Dear Leader. With any hope this might mean the rise of a new Competent Party.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The 'ayes' have it! on 08:40 - Sep 4 with 1112 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

The 'ayes' have it! on 08:24 - Sep 4 by BlueBadger

The Tories are following the Labour lead of purging anyone disgreeing with a Dear Leader. With any hope this might mean the rise of a new Competent Party.

Exactly. Won’t hold my breath though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The 'ayes' have it! on 08:46 - Sep 4 with 1098 viewsHerbivore

The 'ayes' have it! on 00:03 - Sep 4 by factual_blue

He's just a bully who likes to pretend he's Winston Churchill.

Pathetic.

Whilst, ironically, sacking a real life heir of Churchill. He's an utter fraud. Alarmingly he's managed to do more damage to British politics in 6 weeks than the majority of PMs have managed in their entire careers. The worry is that he somehow still wins a majority at a GE despite his ineptitude and moral bankruptcy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The 'ayes' have it! on 09:06 - Sep 4 with 1073 viewsBloomBlue

The 'ayes' have it! on 08:24 - Sep 4 by BlueBadger

And now Corbyn is taking advice from Blair, ffs cannot think of anything worse than taking advice from that lying, cheating murderer
The 'ayes' have it! on 09:17 - Sep 4 with 1045 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The 'ayes' have it! on 22:25 - Sep 3 by Dubtractor

I don't know about that.

Lots of usual tory voters won't be keen to vote on a party increasing lining up with the Brexit party and all that that brings.

Tend to agree with this. I think Boris will try and paint Corbyn as anti-Brexit if he goes through with his demand for a delay before an election is called. Whilst that will play to staunch Brexiteers, more moderates will see straight through

Of course, the fact it’s even possible let alone likely that the Tories will win an election anytime soon with this shower in charge remains a damning indictment of the state of the Labour Party under Corbyn

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The 'ayes' have it! on 09:23 - Sep 4 with 1035 viewsblueislander

The 'ayes' have it! on 09:06 - Sep 4 by BloomBlue

And now Corbyn is taking advice from Blair, ffs cannot think of anything worse than taking advice from that lying, cheating murderer

Blair is offering advice to Corbyn which does not mean Corbyn is taking advice from him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024