Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First presser of the season - wow! 09:33 - Aug 2 with 4890 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert not happy, Evans effectively called out.

This is going to be a rocky season if we don't get results early - everything is teetering on a knifes edge.

If you didn't watch it, go back and do so - it is very telling

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:44 - Aug 2 with 1130 viewsWD19

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:38 - Aug 2 by Reuser_is_God

Well he's just saying what everyone thinks of Evans & his transfer policy.

ME may not be happy about it but it's the truth.

Most of us didn't accept a job working under those know constraints........
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:44 - Aug 2 with 1128 viewsSamWhiteUK

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:34 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

Lambert must be a rich man who is perfectly happy to get fired, cos he threw Evans under the bus there.

Yeah, he said he's not worried, Evans can fire him when he wants, as what is important is the club
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:44 - Aug 2 with 1119 viewsBluefish

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:34 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

Lambert must be a rich man who is perfectly happy to get fired, cos he threw Evans under the bus there.

I think he realises how bad it has gone and knows he will never get another job in football. Much like some of his previous clubs he is trying to blame mitigating circumstances and blame the owners to keep his reputation in tact enough for someone else to try him. Personally I'd rather he just tried to rebuild it by winning games with one of the most expensive squads in the division

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:45 - Aug 2 with 1130 viewsJammyDodgerrr

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 by skyblue23

I really do think Lambert is what we've needed for years. He's the only manager to show some genuine frustration towards the lack of money/signings and how slow things are moving.

I'm hopeful we can get a little run going to start the season and a big win against Sunderland to keep the fans off his back. This could be the season Marcus Evans ends up with protests if this all goes to pot.

He's kind of doing what Mick did but in a slightly different way.

Mick taught the players it was us against the world.

Lambert is going with It's us & the fans against Evans.

Either way, i don't agree with it. We should be positive, otherwise our promotion bid could fall off the rails.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:55 - Aug 2 with 1068 viewsFreddies_Ears

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:40 - Aug 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What the hell sort of deal did we strike with Bristol Rovers to buy a player for £750,000 and to have only paid 40% of it after a year, as that's what it was if we had the transfer fee to Pompey left to pay!

Why on earth would Rovers have accepted that. Obviously they did if the figures for both deals are correct.

Most transfer fees are paid in instalments, at completion, then at 12 months (and sometimes 24 months too).

Which can get complicated over sell-ons. Spurs once got Jermaine Defoe back on a free from Pompey, as Pompey still had a big instalment to pay, and Spurs had a sell-on clause, which discounted the fee by 20 % of the surplus they'd previously sold him for!
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:58 - Aug 2 with 1050 viewsITFC_Forever

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:44 - Aug 2 by Bluefish

I think he realises how bad it has gone and knows he will never get another job in football. Much like some of his previous clubs he is trying to blame mitigating circumstances and blame the owners to keep his reputation in tact enough for someone else to try him. Personally I'd rather he just tried to rebuild it by winning games with one of the most expensive squads in the division

This was my big concern when we appointed PL - he really does seem to attract some basket case jobs....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:00 - Aug 2 with 1032 viewsBarneycurley

I am glad we have a manager that has balls. Evans has been hiding for years now keep the club afloat on the bare minimum.

Chats with his kids over breakfast don't really cut it any more Marcus time to stand up and be counted.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:06 - Aug 2 with 989 viewsStokieBlue

Everything he said is correct though.

Properly moody but with good reason.

He's going to go at some point and come straight back in with a bid for Downes when he has a club.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:14 - Aug 2 with 933 viewsReuser_is_God

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:06 - Aug 2 by StokieBlue

Everything he said is correct though.

Properly moody but with good reason.

He's going to go at some point and come straight back in with a bid for Downes when he has a club.

SB

That's another few million offset against the Evans loss.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:21 - Aug 2 with 875 viewschristiand

It was an interesting to watch that's for sure, when PL was asked about the players it's like a switch is turned on and he becomes a little more animated, if it's about stuff going on behind the scenes you can see him visibly become more agitated, like a dark cloud begins to hover above his head casting its ominous shadow. Clearly, things aren't happening how he would like regarding ME, it must be so frustrating to work for someone Evans. A new season brings with optimism and hope, I finished watching that and needed to keep myself away from anything with a serrated edge.

So let me get this straight ME wants promotion, but wants to put f*ck all back in to see this materialise? The club is run like an amateur operation, it's second rate. I'm getting to the point where I would love to see ME p*ss off, he might put £5-6m in each season, but that's all he does. Since he's become owner we've just become a Mickey Mouse club, it's becoming embarrassing how far we've fallen under his ownership, but it's like he has no shame! 'IF' PL and ST manage to get us up this season, it won't because they're had sufficient help from the owner.....it'll be theirs and the players hard work while that plonker of an owner sits in his Ivory Tower!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 10:48]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:23 - Aug 2 with 846 viewsWestcountryblue

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:36 - Aug 2 by portmanking

And rightly so? It's pathetic that Evans thinks we can be run like a part-time outfit as part of his corporate empire. As fans, as a town, as a county, the people of Ipswich and Suffolk deserve more. The time for action on the terraces is now.

It's short sighted more than anything.

We are 2 good players of being real promotion favourites. Nobody wants to be in a situation next year with another loss of 9m in television revenue and the sales of our top young assets.
First presser of the season - wow! on 10:25 - Aug 2 with 831 viewsJammyDodgerrr

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:23 - Aug 2 by Westcountryblue

It's short sighted more than anything.

We are 2 good players of being real promotion favourites. Nobody wants to be in a situation next year with another loss of 9m in television revenue and the sales of our top young assets.

I would say we don't even need 2 more players. This squad should *easily* finish top 6 with a competent manager. No excuses.

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:30 - Aug 2 with 791 viewsSteve_M

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:25 - Aug 2 by JammyDodgerrr

I would say we don't even need 2 more players. This squad should *easily* finish top 6 with a competent manager. No excuses.

It remains massively unbalanced though, that's been the problem since last Summer. At the very least it still lacks a striker and a full back.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:31 - Aug 2 with 789 viewsmonty_radio

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:38 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

We obviously still owed more installments on Harrison so have cashed in on him to pay those rather than find the money ourselves - we really are trying to do this on the total cheap.

Does this not still equate to funds we hadn't budgeted for since we definitely would have been budgeting to pay them back? Notional, I realise as no new pennies appear on the credit side of things.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:31 - Aug 2 with 787 viewsclive_baker

Good for Lambert I say.

For too long we've had yes men that are all too happy to tow the party line, but someone needs to call Evans out for what he is. I just hope it hasn't compromised PL's position because I really do think he's the safest hands we could realistically have at this moment.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:35 - Aug 2 with 740 viewsmonty_radio

Pl seems to me a heart-on-the-sleeve sort of guy. By his own admission it's the adrenalin of the games that gets him going. He appears genuinely aware that he doesn't know how we'll shape up under the current constraints, but rather down in the mouth that he suspects it might not go too well.

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:36 - Aug 2 with 736 viewsKeaneish

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 by wkj

I am almost expecting a story soon about Lambert leaving town with his contract being terminated by mutual consent - Paul isn't happy, I doubt Evans is very happy after that either.

Did we learn anything new though? For all of PL’s frustrations it was pretty obvious he’d have concerns given he wanted three more in by now and we’ve got Wilson on a short term deal, which, as a signing, sums up ME in his entirety. ME’s a joke - he consistently fails to do the right thing at the right time and that goes for MMs reign too.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 10:37]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:41 - Aug 2 with 682 viewsSwansea_Blue

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:36 - Aug 2 by Keaneish

Did we learn anything new though? For all of PL’s frustrations it was pretty obvious he’d have concerns given he wanted three more in by now and we’ve got Wilson on a short term deal, which, as a signing, sums up ME in his entirety. ME’s a joke - he consistently fails to do the right thing at the right time and that goes for MMs reign too.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 10:37]

No we didn't hear anything new around recruitment. Slightly disconcerting to hear that we're not in good shape the day before the season starts, but we knew that too given the number of injuries.

I suspect he'll have the team up for the game though. As he says, we just don't know what will happen. I'm not overly optimistic about this season, but we'll see.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:46 - Aug 2 with 635 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:25 - Aug 2 by JammyDodgerrr

We should finish in the top six.

But doing so gives us a 25% chance of promotion if we end up 3rd or below and we've been involved in 8 play off SF ties and only got to the final once!

We need to be in the top two. A couple of extra quality players would give us a big increase on those odds.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:47 - Aug 2 with 624 viewsSwansea_Blue

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:46 - Aug 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We should finish in the top six.

But doing so gives us a 25% chance of promotion if we end up 3rd or below and we've been involved in 8 play off SF ties and only got to the final once!

We need to be in the top two. A couple of extra quality players would give us a big increase on those odds.

Why *should* we finish in the top 6?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:47 - Aug 2 with 615 viewsCuffy81

Not good signs before the start of the first game, clearly can't hide his frustrations and doesn't feel the current squad has enough.

It doesn't even sound like we are even close to getting further recruits
First presser of the season - wow! on 10:47 - Aug 2 with 615 viewsKieran_Knows

This is going to be a clusterf*ck of a season. What a complete c*ck up by Evans, again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:49 - Aug 2 with 599 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:47 - Aug 2 by Swansea_Blue

Why *should* we finish in the top 6?

Oh FFS.

Why should Man City win the league? Why should you expect your wife to be home when you leave work?

It's a turn of phrase. Not a guarantee.

Last season the bookies thought we should go down. We did. This year they think we should be in the top six. We should.

Based purely on the ability of each squad, if given the same manager and same tactics as every other team in the division we should be up there. Of course there are variables you pedant.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:51 - Aug 2 with 583 viewsJammyDodgerrr

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:30 - Aug 2 by Steve_M

It remains massively unbalanced though, that's been the problem since last Summer. At the very least it still lacks a striker and a full back.

We are only going to play one up top and we have Norwood/Jackson. Plus Roberts can play there and Sears will be back in December/January. That's more than enough.

I would've liked to have seen another left back signed as i don't rate Kenlock but Garbutt can play there and so can JD.

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:53 - Aug 2 with 578 viewsmonty_radio

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:41 - Aug 2 by Swansea_Blue

No we didn't hear anything new around recruitment. Slightly disconcerting to hear that we're not in good shape the day before the season starts, but we knew that too given the number of injuries.

I suspect he'll have the team up for the game though. As he says, we just don't know what will happen. I'm not overly optimistic about this season, but we'll see.

Your summary seems much like PL's own with the proviso that, for him, it's the job to live and die for. From his immediate perspective of putting out a team come Saturday, whatever its shortcomings, it'll have his name on it - I think that's why he keeps on saying it won't i.e. "it's the club" etc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024