Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First presser of the season - wow! 09:33 - Aug 2 with 4887 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert not happy, Evans effectively called out.

This is going to be a rocky season if we don't get results early - everything is teetering on a knifes edge.

If you didn't watch it, go back and do so - it is very telling

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:55 - Aug 2 with 736 viewsclive_baker

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:49 - Aug 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Oh FFS.

Why should Man City win the league? Why should you expect your wife to be home when you leave work?

It's a turn of phrase. Not a guarantee.

Last season the bookies thought we should go down. We did. This year they think we should be in the top six. We should.

Based purely on the ability of each squad, if given the same manager and same tactics as every other team in the division we should be up there. Of course there are variables you pedant.

Sexist. What if she's working late?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:56 - Aug 2 with 730 viewsChurchman

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:39 - Aug 2 by portmanking

Why haven't we protested against Evans before? That's what gets me. Sheepshanks got it in the neck when we were struggling to make the top 6 in the Championship and our reclusive successor is getting off Scot-free having overseen our worst decade in history.

The irony of that is that Sheepshanks ‘efforts’ have essentially got us to where we are now and gets off scot free after getting grief when we were struggling to make Championship top 6, While Evans, I believe, gets off lightly given how appalling he has been for the club in every way imaginable. I know some think he saved the club but I believe he has destroyed it. After 11 years, we are a division lower, £millions poorer, identity gone, shrinking year by year.

I’ve no idea if Lambert is any good. With Evans in charge and the club run down / in such a mess, the best manager in history would have no chance.

I’m glad he called Evans out.
First presser of the season - wow! on 10:56 - Aug 2 with 731 viewsBlueySwede

I am most frustrated that it would take so "little" for Evans to make his manager happy. I doubt that any of them have been asking for Ronaldos, Messis, etc..just a few players in key positions that could really make a difference.
First presser of the season - wow! on 10:57 - Aug 2 with 730 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:55 - Aug 2 by clive_baker

Sexist. What if she's working late?

She isn't. It's my hypothetical, imaginary scenario and she'll be wherever I place her.

PS. She's Rachel Riley. Covered in syrup.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:57 - Aug 2 with 730 viewsRegencyBlue

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:44 - Aug 2 by Bluefish

I think he realises how bad it has gone and knows he will never get another job in football. Much like some of his previous clubs he is trying to blame mitigating circumstances and blame the owners to keep his reputation in tact enough for someone else to try him. Personally I'd rather he just tried to rebuild it by winning games with one of the most expensive squads in the division

Hi Marcus!
First presser of the season - wow! on 11:06 - Aug 2 with 698 viewsGunnsAirkick

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:41 - Aug 2 by ElderGrizzly

Gone by October if we aren’t top 6

Then we start all over again, whoo.

Mick was papering over chasms, not just cracks.
First presser of the season - wow! on 11:11 - Aug 2 with 673 viewsSwansea_Blue

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:49 - Aug 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Oh FFS.

Why should Man City win the league? Why should you expect your wife to be home when you leave work?

It's a turn of phrase. Not a guarantee.

Last season the bookies thought we should go down. We did. This year they think we should be in the top six. We should.

Based purely on the ability of each squad, if given the same manager and same tactics as every other team in the division we should be up there. Of course there are variables you pedant.

Al right, keep your hair on Florence

I'm got no idea if our squad is good enough, mostly because I don't know what the competition is like. But also we've a few fairly poor players and no depth with these injuries. I'm not convinced we're naturally top 6 material. We'll see - hopefully I'm well of, we get all our injured players back and storm the league.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

First presser of the season - wow! on 11:19 - Aug 2 with 639 viewsmathiemagic

First presser of the season - wow! on 10:31 - Aug 2 by clive_baker

Good for Lambert I say.

For too long we've had yes men that are all too happy to tow the party line, but someone needs to call Evans out for what he is. I just hope it hasn't compromised PL's position because I really do think he's the safest hands we could realistically have at this moment.

When a relationship is strained like it obviously is with PL and ME then it usually only ends up one way. I can honestly see PL jacking it in (Or being sacked) if he does not get the signings he wants. Reading between the lines I think he may well have been promised funds but they have not subsequently been given. A very sad state of affairs it has to be said. ME may well be to blame but who is out there willing to pump in as much as he does to keep the club afloat each year and extra funds for re-building. No one waiting in the wings to my knowledge?. I am not hopeful of either promotion or that we will have the same manager this side of Xmas. Dreadfully disappointing to start the season with the manager and Chairman at obvious loggerheads about what direction the club needs to be going in. ME doesnt even seem to be able to afford a tin of paint to touch up the ground which is in obvious need so god help PL if he thinks any money for players will be made available !

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

Login to get fewer ads

First presser of the season - wow! on 11:24 - Aug 2 with 621 viewsthatdamgood89

Finally , we have a manager who isn't prepared to sit back and be dumped on. For year's I've wanted the manager of the time to come out and actually cut through the crud. Lambert know's this could be his last management gig but he isn't sitting back being happy with just being employed and I love it.

Lambert has issued the challenge to Marcus. Ball is now in his court. Will Marcus respond?

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024