Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? 08:34 - Mar 3 with 27189 viewschristiand

After reading the tragic story about the young Romford girl’s fatal stabbing followed by another teenager’s death in Manchester, just makes my blood boil. What are the feasible solutions? Something radical needs to be done in my opinion. What I don’t know?! It just appears you sadly read about this type of event most days now in this country. Just so little thought or value for someone else’s life.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 8:38]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:48 - Mar 5 with 5010 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:39 - Mar 5 by itfcjoe

It's surely a moving line, but the State has cut and cut and made things worse and worse and it will take at least a generation to repair

I agree that the cuts are bad and stupid. But what I hear on here and elsewhere seems to imply that cuts are basically irrelevant and that some/most of the people we refer to here would be knifing one another (the vast majority of the time it is one another) regardless.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:49 - Mar 5 with 5022 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:48 - Mar 5 by chicoazul

I agree that the cuts are bad and stupid. But what I hear on here and elsewhere seems to imply that cuts are basically irrelevant and that some/most of the people we refer to here would be knifing one another (the vast majority of the time it is one another) regardless.

Wonder why loads of middle class, university educated young men aren't stabbing each other?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:52 - Mar 5 with 4993 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:49 - Mar 5 by footers

Wonder why loads of middle class, university educated young men aren't stabbing each other?

they go to Sandhurst to do it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:57 - Mar 5 with 4997 viewsitfcjoe

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:48 - Mar 5 by chicoazul

I personally don't think that is the case, I do think there is an element of fashionableness to it but the majority of people doing it are running drugs for big players in the game. The boys are totally expendable and the big guns are untouchable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:39 - Mar 5 with 4961 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is a really interesting watch if you've 5 mins.

https://www.channel4.com/news/rapper-and-author-akala-no-correlation-between-tou

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:00 - Mar 5 with 4933 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:39 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

https://www.channel4.com/news/rapper-and-author-akala-no-correlation-between-tou

Good contribution thanks.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:24 - Mar 5 with 4927 viewsnoggin

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:28 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

So over half don't re offend then.

More needs to be done to rehabilitate but because many re offend it doesn't mean you shouldn't bang people up.

We all know that there aren't enough police, we all know that social services and help groups are cut to the bone, I don't think that this is in question. Who should I blame for occasionally acting like a tit, should I blame Mother? my teachers? The police? "The man"? Or should I have just not acted like a tit?

One thing to steal a chicken if you're hungry, another to kill innocent people as some kind of trophy or a gang initiation. Everyone should have a degree of individual responsibility. There are reasons why people get into these situations but you cannot blame everything on the system. These kids have decided to take their path.

Over half don’t reoffend within the first year. It would be interesting to see stats for the first 10 years.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:12 - Mar 5 with 4900 viewsnoggin

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:39 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

I love listening to Akala. If you haven't read his book, you really should, it's fascinating.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 12:50]

Login to get fewer ads

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:49 - Mar 5 with 4865 viewsZedRodgers

Young people attaching themselves to violent gangs is something that's been around for decades, if not centuries. Treating people carrying a knife now as some kind of new phenomenon is exactly the way of thinking which does nothing to deal with the root causes.

The common denominators are always: Poverty, abuse at home and a lack of education. This is quite widely evidenced. You just need to look at the proportion of people convicted for violent crimes that have experienced poverty growing up, have become detached from education or suffered abuse at a young age.

It's very easy to say we need more police, tougher sentences or they need to stop listening to rap music. Working on those common denominators above as priorities will lead to actual answers.

No, not at the moment

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:51 - Mar 5 with 4860 viewsnoggin

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:49 - Mar 5 by ZedRodgers

Young people attaching themselves to violent gangs is something that's been around for decades, if not centuries. Treating people carrying a knife now as some kind of new phenomenon is exactly the way of thinking which does nothing to deal with the root causes.

The common denominators are always: Poverty, abuse at home and a lack of education. This is quite widely evidenced. You just need to look at the proportion of people convicted for violent crimes that have experienced poverty growing up, have become detached from education or suffered abuse at a young age.

It's very easy to say we need more police, tougher sentences or they need to stop listening to rap music. Working on those common denominators above as priorities will lead to actual answers.

Exactly what Akala said in the above link.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:07 - Mar 5 with 4841 viewsZedRodgers

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:51 - Mar 5 by noggin

Exactly what Akala said in the above link.

Yes, also in his book.

I didn't see that link had already been shared. I only got to page two of the suggestions that needed to be tougher on crime etc. before wading in.

No, not at the moment

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:37 - Mar 5 with 4811 viewsm14_blue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:28 - Mar 5 by Benters2

It does if the sentence is long enough.

Build more prisons then.

Or ship the foreign prisoners back to where they came from.

'Or ship the foreign prisoners back to where they came from.'

Like Shamima Begum you mean?
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:45 - Mar 5 with 4804 viewsNo9

Being of the older generation this is like being sent back to the 50's when knife crime was only one of the violent offences along with others like the razor & bicycle chain.

When I was at school, in Suffolk, most boys had a knife usually a pen knife given as a present by an uncle etc. some boys who big brothers were in the forces had flick knives or sheath knives. We all believed the 6" blade was allowable anything more not.

This attitude was overcome by a change in most ppeoples circumstances in the 60's better education and a more proactive police force that had a good attiude to young people.

This isn't a new problem just an old one resurfacing
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:55 - Mar 5 with 4785 viewsNo9

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:41 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

Well we could either take a lilly livered approach and worry about upsetting the up-settables or we could crack right down and give instant custodials to people found with a knife on them.

The ineffective Mayor of London could maybe miss a few hob nobbing parties, stop worrying about banning all sorts of advertising on tubes and direct his attention to gang warfare.

An ex prosecutor was on the radio complaining abut the media obsession with London claiming the pproblmes are much worse in places like Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool & other provincial cities.
The media is moving the goalposts - so to speak
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:56 - Mar 5 with 4783 viewsSpruceMoose

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:28 - Mar 5 by Benters2

It does if the sentence is long enough.

Build more prisons then.

Or ship the foreign prisoners back to where they came from.

It's easy to set the world right with populist nonsense when you don't have to worry about reality and facts. Feel free to post something to back up your assertions though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:59 - Mar 5 with 4778 viewsSpruceMoose

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:37 - Mar 5 by m14_blue

I'm sure that is exactly what was meant.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:06 - Mar 5 with 4765 viewsBenters2

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:56 - Mar 5 by SpruceMoose

It's easy to set the world right with populist nonsense when you don't have to worry about reality and facts. Feel free to post something to back up your assertions though.

Hun pm me anytime.

Then you can post it on the forum,it’s very fashionable you know.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:09 - Mar 5 with 4763 viewsSpruceMoose

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:06 - Mar 5 by Benters2

Hun pm me anytime.

Then you can post it on the forum,it’s very fashionable you know.

Why? I'm quite happy to say whatever I feel like saying to you on here. I'm not some coward who won't say publicly what he thinks.

Now, stop swerving. Where's that evidence you were going to provide ?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:13 - Mar 5 with 4756 viewsHerbivore

Beautifully played, clipped away through the covers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:37 - Mar 5 with 4737 viewseireblue

Ooooofffff.

Well that is a big blow.

But I imagine only wimps and cowards would shy away from responding.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:38 - Mar 5 with 4734 viewsSpruceMoose

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:37 - Mar 5 by eireblue

Ooooofffff.

Well that is a big blow.

But I imagine only wimps and cowards would shy away from responding.

He's welcome to PM me for private support. Reach out if you're reading this, hun xx

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:41 - Mar 5 with 4725 viewsfooters

Excellent, simply excellent. Have an internet pint.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 15:00 - Mar 5 with 4701 viewsLord_Lucan

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:45 - Mar 5 by No9

Being of the older generation this is like being sent back to the 50's when knife crime was only one of the violent offences along with others like the razor & bicycle chain.

When I was at school, in Suffolk, most boys had a knife usually a pen knife given as a present by an uncle etc. some boys who big brothers were in the forces had flick knives or sheath knives. We all believed the 6" blade was allowable anything more not.

This attitude was overcome by a change in most ppeoples circumstances in the 60's better education and a more proactive police force that had a good attiude to young people.

This isn't a new problem just an old one resurfacing

Sorry No9 but the situation in Suffolk when you were at school is far removed from the situation now - and I would like to know more about the good attitude of the police back then, have you been watching re runs of Dixon of Dock Green?

If you read some of my other replies rather than just the one you have replied to you will observe that I have acknowledged there are larger issues and that a lack of police numbers and support groups haven't helped but the way this thread is going it will end up in no one but the powers that be taking the blame and the hard done by kids getting a pat on the back and a packet of boiled sweets.

It isn't just a few stabbings, it's wide scale control of estates, terrorising familes along with people older than you, theft, extortion, rape of young girls including other gang members, rape initiations etc, I don't need to go on.

Some people are just c*nts.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 16:00 - Mar 5 with 4665 viewsnoggin

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 18:54 - Mar 5 with 4605 viewsGeoffSentence

make access to guns easier
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 18:54]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024