Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? 08:34 - Mar 3 with 27188 viewschristiand

After reading the tragic story about the young Romford girl’s fatal stabbing followed by another teenager’s death in Manchester, just makes my blood boil. What are the feasible solutions? Something radical needs to be done in my opinion. What I don’t know?! It just appears you sadly read about this type of event most days now in this country. Just so little thought or value for someone else’s life.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 8:38]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:20 - Mar 4 with 3001 viewsEwan_Oozami

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:51 - Mar 4 by Benters2

I know loads of single mothers,their children havent stabbed anybody yet?

Maybe its to do with fresh air?

Escape to the country people its the only way.

All this multicultral bolox isnt working.

You're dead right there, apart fromthe move to the country bit. I'm a South Londoner and I've lived in Suffolk for over 20 years and I'm still viewed with suspicion as a "furriner" when I go into rural pubs and ask for a white wine spritzer - "Yu int from around 'ere are yuh buh?"

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:23 - Mar 4 with 2999 viewsLord_Lucan

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:03 - Mar 4 by noggin

Indeed. It also proves that knife crime is not unique to black men.

I don't think anyone is suggesting it is but if you want to have a proper grown up conversation and look at tackling these stabbings and try to make some inroads then you need to accept that the current problem in England is significantly black men on black men.

I have heard about the Glasgow thing where knife crime was vastly reduced but I don't know hardly anything about it, only snippets I've read. If it worked to such a good extent then we should take a good look at it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:23 - Mar 4 with 2999 viewsEwan_Oozami

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 18:03 - Mar 3 by Griller

I have the immediate solutions which in my younger day were the norm. I fully appreciate that my views will not be acceptable by most but the question was asked. Discipline in relative terms does not exist. In the longer term the reintroduction of conscription would do much to alleviate the problem. In the short-term the reinstatement of the death penalty for premeditated murder would have an overnight effect. Well you did ask!

I know, let's have referendums on capital punishment and the re-introduction of conscription, that worked well last time!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:41 - Mar 4 with 2975 viewseireblue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:56 - Mar 4 by noggin

Gangs and knife crime are nothing new.
https://dangerousminds.net/comments/frankie_vaughan_and_glasgows_gang_culture_of

Peaky Blinders should probably banned, and Juliet Bravo brought back.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:58 - Mar 4 with 2955 viewseireblue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:23 - Mar 4 by Lord_Lucan

I don't think anyone is suggesting it is but if you want to have a proper grown up conversation and look at tackling these stabbings and try to make some inroads then you need to accept that the current problem in England is significantly black men on black men.

I have heard about the Glasgow thing where knife crime was vastly reduced but I don't know hardly anything about it, only snippets I've read. If it worked to such a good extent then we should take a good look at it.

That is of course the sensible approach.

Look at where crime has increased, the sort of things that lead to the rise, and the steps that were taken to reduce it, learn from it and then apply it.

One thing I would add, people don’t seem to be asking an obvious question, is the reason that there are many fatherless families within a defined environment, a common one with why there is so much youth crime.

Cause, effect, correlation, always good to be cognizant of all factors and relationships.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:06 - Mar 4 with 2945 viewseireblue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:51 - Mar 4 by Benters2

I know loads of single mothers,their children havent stabbed anybody yet?

Maybe its to do with fresh air?

Escape to the country people its the only way.

All this multicultral bolox isnt working.

Hmmm, does that last comment mean Great Bentley is going to lose the only Welsh in the Village?
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:12 - Mar 4 with 2930 viewsLord_Lucan

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:58 - Mar 4 by eireblue

That is of course the sensible approach.

Look at where crime has increased, the sort of things that lead to the rise, and the steps that were taken to reduce it, learn from it and then apply it.

One thing I would add, people don’t seem to be asking an obvious question, is the reason that there are many fatherless families within a defined environment, a common one with why there is so much youth crime.

Cause, effect, correlation, always good to be cognizant of all factors and relationships.

It is something I mentioned was key a couple of pages back and GB mentioned it since.

If you side step issues then you have no chance of tackling them. Unfortunately it is convenient to sidestep issues and this has led to many of the problems we face in society.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:21 - Mar 4 with 2921 viewsnoggin

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:23 - Mar 4 by Lord_Lucan

My point is, it seems to be related to inner city poverty and poor living conditions. In London that generally affects black communities. In Glasgow and Liverpool it can also affect large groups of white men.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 15:23 - Mar 4 with 2864 viewsitfcjoe

More money on the education system is absolutely key, helping kids along with associated things to do at youth clubs and the like - things to do and areas to hang about that don't cost money for them.

Plus more bobbies on the beat, you just don't see a police presence anywhere bar a football mach day any more. When you compare that to somewhere like NYC there feels like there is a police officer on every corner. Our frontline policing has been slashed constantly, it wasn't that long ago that everyone knew their local copper, and said copper knew where the issues were as they were always on the same patch and could help easier.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 05:14 - Mar 5 with 2773 viewsBenters2

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:21 - Mar 4 by noggin

My point is, it seems to be related to inner city poverty and poor living conditions. In London that generally affects black communities. In Glasgow and Liverpool it can also affect large groups of white men.

I bet you 5 English pounds that if you increased stop and search, and if anybody caught carrying a knife was banged up for a minimum of 5 years the problem would ease.

Trouble is we have gone too soft.You can’t search him you can’t search her,search all the gangs..

Just watching the news a Uni had a attempted attack yesterday by 5 pricks carrying knifes.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:17 - Mar 5 with 2752 viewsfooters

Don't worry, guys and gals, May is doubling down on her bizarre assertion that swingeing ideoligical cuts to the police and youth services have no role to play in this.

Meanwhile, lack of doctors and nurses means people are living longer.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:19 - Mar 5 with 2749 viewsnoggin

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 05:14 - Mar 5 by Benters2

I bet you 5 English pounds that if you increased stop and search, and if anybody caught carrying a knife was banged up for a minimum of 5 years the problem would ease.

Trouble is we have gone too soft.You can’t search him you can’t search her,search all the gangs..

Just watching the news a Uni had a attempted attack yesterday by 5 pricks carrying knifes.

Banging criminals up doesn’t work though, and even if it did, the prisons are full.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:28 - Mar 5 with 2733 viewsBenters2

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:19 - Mar 5 by noggin

Banging criminals up doesn’t work though, and even if it did, the prisons are full.

It does if the sentence is long enough.

Build more prisons then.

Or ship the foreign prisoners back to where they came from.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:31 - Mar 5 with 2732 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:19 - Mar 5 by noggin

Really? I think the best answer is to further ostracise and institutionalise these misguided young people. That would surely stop the problem.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:52 - Mar 5 with 2710 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:28 - Mar 5 by Benters2

Build more prisons then.

So, against pretty much every educated opinion and evidence, you know better? Please post your evidence, Prof Bentley.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:11 - Mar 5 with 2687 viewsHerbivore

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:52 - Mar 5 by footers

So, against pretty much every educated opinion and evidence, you know better? Please post your evidence, Prof Bentley.

He doesn't need evidence, it's common sense. Even though he's utterly wrong.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:14 - Mar 5 with 2687 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 07:28 - Mar 5 by Benters2

Build more prisons then.

The trouble with this is nearly half of prisoners re-offend within a year of being released. So if prison is intended to "rehabilitate" then it doesnt work 46% of the time.

https://fullfact.org/crime/reoffending-short-sentences/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk8aA9s

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:22 - Mar 5 with 2678 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:14 - Mar 5 by chicoazul

The trouble with this is nearly half of prisoners re-offend within a year of being released. So if prison is intended to "rehabilitate" then it doesnt work 46% of the time.

https://fullfact.org/crime/reoffending-short-sentences/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk8aA9s

They wouldn't do that if you hanged them.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:28 - Mar 5 with 2669 viewsLord_Lucan

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:14 - Mar 5 by chicoazul

So over half don't re offend then.

More needs to be done to rehabilitate but because many re offend it doesn't mean you shouldn't bang people up.

We all know that there aren't enough police, we all know that social services and help groups are cut to the bone, I don't think that this is in question. Who should I blame for occasionally acting like a tit, should I blame Mother? my teachers? The police? "The man"? Or should I have just not acted like a tit?

One thing to steal a chicken if you're hungry, another to kill innocent people as some kind of trophy or a gang initiation. Everyone should have a degree of individual responsibility. There are reasons why people get into these situations but you cannot blame everything on the system. These kids have decided to take their path.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:50 - Mar 5 with 2645 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:28 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

More needs to be done to rehabilitate but because many re offend it doesn't mean you shouldn't bang people up.

We all know that there aren't enough police, we all know that social services and help groups are cut to the bone, I don't think that this is in question. Who should I blame for occasionally acting like a tit, should I blame Mother? my teachers? The police? "The man"? Or should I have just not acted like a tit?

One thing to steal a chicken if you're hungry, another to kill innocent people as some kind of trophy or a gang initiation. Everyone should have a degree of individual responsibility. There are reasons why people get into these situations but you cannot blame everything on the system. These kids have decided to take their path.

I'm certainly not saying we shouldn't bang people up. I'm saying if the intention of prison is to rehabilitate and prevent further crimes on release then it doesnt work nearly half the time, and 60% of the time re; prisoners serving shorter sentences. So lock 'em up doesnt work if that is the intention.

And I completely agree about the need for individual responsibility too. The Family is the single greatest form of social security humanity has.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:56 - Mar 5 with 2640 viewsitfcjoe

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:28 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Whilst I agree to an extent, a lot of times there is no other real choice than this path.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:24 - Mar 5 with 2617 viewsLord_Lucan

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:56 - Mar 5 by itfcjoe

Whilst I agree to an extent, a lot of times there is no other real choice than this path.

This isn't Syria or The West Bank Joe.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:26 - Mar 5 with 2613 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:56 - Mar 5 by itfcjoe

So again, where does the responsibility of the state end, and the responsibility of the individual begin?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:31 - Mar 5 with 2610 viewsitfcjoe

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:24 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

This isn't Syria or The West Bank Joe.

Some of these areas are very deprived, gangs are everywhere - young boys are effectively groomed into going into them and there are very few real ways out in the big cities.

Also, it is one of the few ways of making decent money - when my Dad says about them I tell him and he agrees that he'd have likely been running round doing it as a kid in Nacton as was poor and was always trying to scheme to earn a bit of money - these big drug dealers play into this and the weakness and vulnerability of these kids

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:39 - Mar 5 with 2592 viewsitfcjoe

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:26 - Mar 5 by chicoazul

So again, where does the responsibility of the state end, and the responsibility of the individual begin?

It's surely a moving line, but the State has cut and cut and made things worse and worse and it will take at least a generation to repair

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024