Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? 08:34 - Mar 3 with 27185 viewschristiand

After reading the tragic story about the young Romford girl’s fatal stabbing followed by another teenager’s death in Manchester, just makes my blood boil. What are the feasible solutions? Something radical needs to be done in my opinion. What I don’t know?! It just appears you sadly read about this type of event most days now in this country. Just so little thought or value for someone else’s life.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 8:38]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 20:31 - Mar 3 with 2997 viewstcblue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 19:20 - Mar 3 by chicoazul

That may be true, although I do think arguments like this - "theyd just do something else anyway" - are a little bit racist and/or classist. I simply answered OPs question; I believe if people stopped buying illegal drugs there woudl be many fewer knife crimes.

You were the one who attributed race to 'they', not me.

I absolutely attribute class, in terms of economic. And by that I mean not just not having a youth club
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 05:53 - Mar 4 with 2863 viewsBenters2

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 19:02 - Mar 3 by fergalsharkey

Stab everyone caught carrying I knife.

It would solve it. Within weeks.

That would help yes.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:41 - Mar 4 with 2831 viewsGlasgowBlue

Without wading through thevtgread, has the lack of a father in the lives of many of these young gang members been discussed?

This isn’t a criticism of single mothers who do their very best to bring up theirs kids on their own. But studies have shown that the lack of a father in a boy’s life means they are more likely to commit crime, underachieve in both school and work, and and are more likely to suffer with mental health issues.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:51 - Mar 4 with 2805 viewsBenters2

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:41 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

Without wading through thevtgread, has the lack of a father in the lives of many of these young gang members been discussed?

This isn’t a criticism of single mothers who do their very best to bring up theirs kids on their own. But studies have shown that the lack of a father in a boy’s life means they are more likely to commit crime, underachieve in both school and work, and and are more likely to suffer with mental health issues.

I know loads of single mothers,their children havent stabbed anybody yet?

Maybe its to do with fresh air?

Escape to the country people its the only way.

All this multicultral bolox isnt working.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:58 - Mar 4 with 2812 viewsGlasgowBlue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:51 - Mar 4 by Benters2

As do I. And as I said, this isn’t me having a go at single mums who do a brilliant job, nor kids who are products of a single parent household and have gone on to achieve great things in their lives.

But it’s sadly a statistical fact that boys without a father figure are more likely to drift into crime and underachieve at school and work. That needs to be discussed more widely.

But that won’t stop knife crime tomorrow. There are kids being brought up by single parents who themselves haven’t had a father in their life. It’s generational and will take a generation to fix.

But we have a perfect storm of kids without a father figure, under funding of police, a genre of music that glories gangs and violence and drug use.

Iron Lion Zion

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:03 - Mar 4 with 2819 viewsElephantintheRoom

There IS only one solution - and that is to vote Labour. And to do so for the next 50 years in the hope that some long-term social awareness can replace the cruel indifference of extreme right wing toryism - and the catastrophic results of austerity. Ten years of austerity have destroyed youth services and policing and made our judicial system a joke. If you voted tory in the last election - knowing full well how this useless and incompetent, hopelessly divided party, led by a cabal of utter incompetents has ruined and divided the country for decades to come - you are a major part of the problem.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:13 - Mar 4 with 2806 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:03 - Mar 4 by ElephantintheRoom

There IS only one solution - and that is to vote Labour. And to do so for the next 50 years in the hope that some long-term social awareness can replace the cruel indifference of extreme right wing toryism - and the catastrophic results of austerity. Ten years of austerity have destroyed youth services and policing and made our judicial system a joke. If you voted tory in the last election - knowing full well how this useless and incompetent, hopelessly divided party, led by a cabal of utter incompetents has ruined and divided the country for decades to come - you are a major part of the problem.

On the one hand youre right about austerity, on the other hand you are I believe dead wrong about the Trojan Horse that is Corbyn. He will be quietly moved on if they win withing a few years for a Stalinist.

Good blog btw, excellent read.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:24 - Mar 4 with 2796 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:03 - Mar 4 by ElephantintheRoom

I must say, ElephantintheRoom, you are an odd fellow, but you steam a good ham.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:33 - Mar 4 with 2790 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:58 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

As do I. And as I said, this isn’t me having a go at single mums who do a brilliant job, nor kids who are products of a single parent household and have gone on to achieve great things in their lives.

But it’s sadly a statistical fact that boys without a father figure are more likely to drift into crime and underachieve at school and work. That needs to be discussed more widely.

But that won’t stop knife crime tomorrow. There are kids being brought up by single parents who themselves haven’t had a father in their life. It’s generational and will take a generation to fix.

But we have a perfect storm of kids without a father figure, under funding of police, a genre of music that glories gangs and violence and drug use.

Hmm. Not so sure about that, GB.

There are likely to be more single-parent families in working class communities than middle or upper so think that might be the more obvious answer.

While it's always good to have a positive male role model in your life, that doesn't necessarily have to be a father. My grandad was mine :)

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:44 - Mar 4 with 2770 viewsGlasgowBlue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:33 - Mar 4 by footers

Hmm. Not so sure about that, GB.

There are likely to be more single-parent families in working class communities than middle or upper so think that might be the more obvious answer.

While it's always good to have a positive male role model in your life, that doesn't necessarily have to be a father. My grandad was mine :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19815831

Former gang member Sheldon Thomas, now a government advisor on youth violence, said he agreed with Mr Lammy "100%". He said his and others' warnings had fallen on deaf ears for at least 20 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2001/apr/05/crime.penal

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1554595/Broken-families-fuelling-black-c

“The absence of a male role model is seen as a key factor in the "over-representation" of young black men in the criminal justice system. A report from the Commons home affairs committee says they are far more likely to be stopped by police, arrested and convicted than their white counterparts. The committee took evidence from black community leaders who regarded the lack of ''traditional'' family influences as a serious problem

There are plenty of studies out there that come to the same conclusion. And I think it was Vapertail, who did charity work in this sector, who has also posted similar studies.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 9:45]

Iron Lion Zion

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:46 - Mar 4 with 2777 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:44 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19815831

Former gang member Sheldon Thomas, now a government advisor on youth violence, said he agreed with Mr Lammy "100%". He said his and others' warnings had fallen on deaf ears for at least 20 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2001/apr/05/crime.penal

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1554595/Broken-families-fuelling-black-c

“The absence of a male role model is seen as a key factor in the "over-representation" of young black men in the criminal justice system. A report from the Commons home affairs committee says they are far more likely to be stopped by police, arrested and convicted than their white counterparts. The committee took evidence from black community leaders who regarded the lack of ''traditional'' family influences as a serious problem

There are plenty of studies out there that come to the same conclusion. And I think it was Vapertail, who did charity work in this sector, who has also posted similar studies.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 9:45]

OK, so we agree that the absence of a male role model may be a factor in this, with a father being just the most obvious and likely example. Cheers :)

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:50 - Mar 4 with 2762 viewsHerbivore

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:51 - Mar 4 by Benters2

You're an idiot.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:54 - Mar 4 with 2753 viewsSwansea_Blue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:41 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

Depends who the father is. I can think of a few on here who won't be helping their kids' sanity!!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:56 - Mar 4 with 2752 viewsnoggin

Gangs and knife crime are nothing new.
https://dangerousminds.net/comments/frankie_vaughan_and_glasgows_gang_culture_of

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:56 - Mar 4 with 2734 viewsBenters2

I will never vote labour while that drip is head of the party.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:59 - Mar 4 with 2743 viewsnoggin

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:56 - Mar 4 by Benters2

I will never vote labour while that drip is head of the party.

Be honest buh, you wouldn't vote labour regardless of who was leader.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:01 - Mar 4 with 2734 viewsSwansea_Blue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:56 - Mar 4 by noggin

Gangs and knife crime are nothing new.
https://dangerousminds.net/comments/frankie_vaughan_and_glasgows_gang_culture_of

Glasgow is actually a very good example of how this can be tackled. It's cropped up on here before - not the example you've linked to there, but stuff that was happening 10-15 years ago. I'm sure there's been stories posted on here about it.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:02 - Mar 4 with 2716 viewsBenters2

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:50 - Mar 4 by Herbivore

You're an idiot.

That makes a change hot lips x
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:03 - Mar 4 with 2728 viewsnoggin

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:01 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

Glasgow is actually a very good example of how this can be tackled. It's cropped up on here before - not the example you've linked to there, but stuff that was happening 10-15 years ago. I'm sure there's been stories posted on here about it.

Indeed. It also proves that knife crime is not unique to black men.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:22 - Mar 4 with 2704 viewsSwansea_Blue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:03 - Mar 4 by noggin

Indeed. It also proves that knife crime is not unique to black men.

True, although I imagine that fact will be lost on some people.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:24 - Mar 4 with 2696 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:01 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

Can you give us examples of how it was tackled?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:25 - Mar 4 with 2692 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:24 - Mar 4 by chicoazul

Both feet, studs up but ref wasn't looking.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:43 - Mar 4 with 2677 viewsSwansea_Blue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:24 - Mar 4 by chicoazul

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=solving+knife+crime+in+Glasgow%2C+just+for+Chico

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:53 - Mar 4 with 2662 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:43 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

Does anyone have some cream for this burn?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:11 - Mar 4 with 2649 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:43 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

It's just you seemed to know what you were talking about and I am interested.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024