Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? 08:34 - Mar 3 with 27184 viewschristiand

After reading the tragic story about the young Romford girl’s fatal stabbing followed by another teenager’s death in Manchester, just makes my blood boil. What are the feasible solutions? Something radical needs to be done in my opinion. What I don’t know?! It just appears you sadly read about this type of event most days now in this country. Just so little thought or value for someone else’s life.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 8:38]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:06 - Mar 3 with 4559 viewsPendejo

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:16 - Mar 3 by Guthrum

The problem with simply shoving everyone in jail, is what comes out the other end?

These gangs exist within the prison system, too, so they aren't weaned off them. Indeed, forced association with already hardened offenders is only likely to get them more skilled, connected and involved.

So you put juvenile delinquents in and get serious criminals (with few prospects for an honest future) out.

Much more effective - and, in the long run, cheaper - to deal with the situations and environments which cause these children to turn to crime in the first place.

Whilst driving across Sarf Lahndahn last week I was listening to BBC Radio London there was a Social Worker who called in to suggest that due to austerity there were less SWs with a greater workload and this was a factor in the matter covered by your last paragraph.

Before anyone goes on about airy fairy middle class graduate SWs, this one had been in care from 13 as her mother was in prison and her father was "absent" from her life. For me she was someone to be listened to. She was also honest to enough to say she didn't believe they could prevent all from slipping into this lifestyle, but they could make a difference if properly funded and resourced.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:21 - Mar 3 with 4536 viewsMullet

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:47 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

That's not the be all and end all, to say that it is is barmy. The police have their hands tied, they are underfunded and are being crucified with bizarre politically swayed directives. These are the words of a prominent Ipswich copper. They also now have to deal with a huge mass of Eastern European and African gangs, you can be as pro immigration as you like but this is a fact. There are many many reasons why the problem has escalated and I agree that funds are a massive issue but you cannot ignore lenient sentencing - and as important the lack of resources in prison to turn lives around. Peer pressure, grooming, absent fathers who don't give a monkeys.

You seem to be agreeing with me Lucan.

The issues you highlight are as old as time though, the fact we have no money to deal with them or a culture where they can be ignored is a double bind. Compound that by the fact the funding to combat child poverty, reduce crime, anti-social behaviour etc. is ever decreasing.

If you look at the homeless stats in this country since austerity started for example, the deaths, the crime, the feed into increase in drugs and trafficking of drugs and kids around the country etc. It's so rampant because there are no checks to effectively stop it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:32 - Mar 3 with 4511 viewsWhymarkmariner

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:46 - Mar 3 by Bluefish

Increase stop and search and enforce mandatory custodial sentences for anyone carrying a knife.

Yeah, I'm sure these people who carry knives are going to worry about stop and search and a custodial sentence. Jails are so full that they are cutting out giving sentences to low level crime. I'm not suggesting knife crime is low level but the prisons are full to the brim now. They now, unless your a celebrity, hardly bother with break ins. Certain areas are known as no go areas for the police where gangs are allowed to roam. Time for a few more Major Giuliani's I believe.But cutting of police numbers, where in some places stations are deserted doesn't help. Unless somehow this culture of young people believing that they somehow come from Gangs of New York can be broken knife crime is unfortunately here to stay.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:49 - Mar 3 with 4487 viewsGuthrum

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:34 - Mar 3 by BloomBlue

The cause is many things including lack of parental control and no role models. We now live in a country where people expect the authorises to be responsible for everything.

But are unwilling to pay them the funds to do so.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:51 - Mar 3 with 4486 viewsnoggin

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 08:41 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

Well we could either take a lilly livered approach and worry about upsetting the up-settables or we could crack right down and give instant custodials to people found with a knife on them.

The ineffective Mayor of London could maybe miss a few hob nobbing parties, stop worrying about banning all sorts of advertising on tubes and direct his attention to gang warfare.

But would a custodial sentence really deter these kids? Prisons are already full and it doesn't seem to help rehabilitate many.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:22 - Mar 3 with 4458 viewsnoggin

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:49 - Mar 3 by Guthrum

But are unwilling to pay them the funds to do so.

And nobody wants to pay the taxes to allow that funding.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 11:39 - Mar 3 with 4433 viewsClapham_Junction

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 10:32 - Mar 3 by Whymarkmariner

Yeah, I'm sure these people who carry knives are going to worry about stop and search and a custodial sentence. Jails are so full that they are cutting out giving sentences to low level crime. I'm not suggesting knife crime is low level but the prisons are full to the brim now. They now, unless your a celebrity, hardly bother with break ins. Certain areas are known as no go areas for the police where gangs are allowed to roam. Time for a few more Major Giuliani's I believe.But cutting of police numbers, where in some places stations are deserted doesn't help. Unless somehow this culture of young people believing that they somehow come from Gangs of New York can be broken knife crime is unfortunately here to stay.

I assume the reference to Giuliani is a call for a zero tolerance approach. What few people seem to be aware of is that his programme was a multi-agency approach, that also involved giving the affected areas vastly improved social/public services. Only doing the policing side and not the other may have backfired quite badly according a former member of the problem solving unit at the Met, whose book on holistic solutions to a range of issues I highly recommend reading: https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/111/1116540/one-step-ahead--notes-from-the-probl

Another example of a country successfully dealing with anti-social behaviour by young people is Iceland. This also involved vastly improved services - basically providing kids with something else to do: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/01/teens-drugs-iceland/513668/

And as Guthrum notes, there is serious money to be made in drugs. The solution is legalisation, but as Chico often points out, until that happens, recreational drug user will continue to be the people fuelling this problem.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:26 - Mar 3 with 4401 viewsjeera

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:34 - Mar 3 by BloomBlue

The cause is many things including lack of parental control and no role models. We now live in a country where people expect the authorises to be responsible for everything.

"We now live in a country where people expect the authorities..."

You've got that the wrong way around.

Typical current policy is to take as much responsibility off the state as possible - and it shows in all aspects of daily life.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:07 - Mar 3 with 4347 viewspointofblue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 12:26 - Mar 3 by jeera

"We now live in a country where people expect the authorities..."

You've got that the wrong way around.

Typical current policy is to take as much responsibility off the state as possible - and it shows in all aspects of daily life.

Though my argument is why should the state be there to parent children? Yes, it needs to be there for those who are abused, neglected, lack financial support (to an extent) and have health problems but not those outside of that. Too many times the Government, whether Labour or Conservative, is expected to step in and solve issues which can and should be dealt with by parental guidance and supervision.

Most issues relating to gangs tie in, to begin with, to a lack of knowledge, supervision and guidance from those who should be role models to young people. The generations have certainly change; those from the older genetation who I know always complain about how much young people need to occupy themselves nowadays compared to when they were young and had to live and rely on far less. Part of this is expectation, part of this is keeping-up-with-the-Joneses and not being excluded.

How to change this outlook is more difficult; the belief seems to be more money needs to be plugged into the system in order to help but where is this coming from? There's a reason why Robin Hood economics won't work and that's because the richest in society simply won't allow it do, the morals of this can be argued until the end of time but they won't. As seen by Brexit, businesses will move away, individuals will emigrate or pay others to care for their money in tax heavens. Low taxation is a vote winner; people do not want to pay more and want what they do pay to stretch further and further.

Perhaps known Drug gangs - there are couple constantly mentioned in the press in Ipswich - should be treated in the same way as terrorist groups and banned. More education is needed is schools about the dangers of knife crime and gang involvement, possibly even at Year 6 level before young people reach their teen years, to the extent that some home truths need to be told even at this early level. Could paperwork be cut down for the Police, allowing them more time to walk the beat and actually be the face of the community? And the same for social workers. Unfortunately the amount of paperwork needing to be completed now is down to 'where's the blame there's a claim' culture which has corroded society and means human error is no longer permitted.

For knife crime to be dealt with the attitudes of the country need to change - improved approach in terms of parental supervision, more freedom given to police and social care in relation to paperwork and further education at an earlier age about the risks involved. But I fear this has maybe crept up on everyone, meaning for a generation at the very least it may be too late.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:11 - Mar 3 with 4344 viewschicoazul

Everyone should stop buying drugs. The vast majority of drug buys are for recreational purposes, they are not bought by addicts. I believe this would be a huge help.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:36 - Mar 3 with 4302 viewstcblue

It is 100% a socio-economic problem and solving it solely with blunt instruments like stop and search profiling is a proven way to make the problem worse.

Not my opinion, but fact from every single successful and unsuccessful crime reduction programme.
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:41 - Mar 3 with 4268 viewsHerbivore

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:11 - Mar 3 by chicoazul

Everyone should stop buying drugs. The vast majority of drug buys are for recreational purposes, they are not bought by addicts. I believe this would be a huge help.

These gangs primarily peddle crack and heroin, these are not recreational drugs they are used by addicts. This was mentioned in an article you posted a link to the other week but evidently you didn't read it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:54 - Mar 3 with 4262 viewsjeera

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:07 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

Though my argument is why should the state be there to parent children? Yes, it needs to be there for those who are abused, neglected, lack financial support (to an extent) and have health problems but not those outside of that. Too many times the Government, whether Labour or Conservative, is expected to step in and solve issues which can and should be dealt with by parental guidance and supervision.

Most issues relating to gangs tie in, to begin with, to a lack of knowledge, supervision and guidance from those who should be role models to young people. The generations have certainly change; those from the older genetation who I know always complain about how much young people need to occupy themselves nowadays compared to when they were young and had to live and rely on far less. Part of this is expectation, part of this is keeping-up-with-the-Joneses and not being excluded.

How to change this outlook is more difficult; the belief seems to be more money needs to be plugged into the system in order to help but where is this coming from? There's a reason why Robin Hood economics won't work and that's because the richest in society simply won't allow it do, the morals of this can be argued until the end of time but they won't. As seen by Brexit, businesses will move away, individuals will emigrate or pay others to care for their money in tax heavens. Low taxation is a vote winner; people do not want to pay more and want what they do pay to stretch further and further.

Perhaps known Drug gangs - there are couple constantly mentioned in the press in Ipswich - should be treated in the same way as terrorist groups and banned. More education is needed is schools about the dangers of knife crime and gang involvement, possibly even at Year 6 level before young people reach their teen years, to the extent that some home truths need to be told even at this early level. Could paperwork be cut down for the Police, allowing them more time to walk the beat and actually be the face of the community? And the same for social workers. Unfortunately the amount of paperwork needing to be completed now is down to 'where's the blame there's a claim' culture which has corroded society and means human error is no longer permitted.

For knife crime to be dealt with the attitudes of the country need to change - improved approach in terms of parental supervision, more freedom given to police and social care in relation to paperwork and further education at an earlier age about the risks involved. But I fear this has maybe crept up on everyone, meaning for a generation at the very least it may be too late.

"Though my argument is why should the state be there to parent children?"

Who's arguing?

Literally no one has said otherwise. Matey came out with the 'nowadays' line, like the nostalgic nonsense that people do, when everything was perfect when they were kids...

Of course things seemed better. They were kids themselves so didn't have to think or notice life's troubles. And the state maybe took its responsibilities more seriously.

There's always an element of "parents should take more responsibility" when this stuff crops up. No fecking sh*t Sherlock. Repeating that doesn't achieve much. How is that put into action?

We have got to get away from this polarised way of thinking that if someone disagrees with an all out tough approach that it somehow means they should all get free holidays and ice-cream. It really doesn't help.

The kind of kids that join gangs don't have the kind of background you describe where parents can be responsible. That's the point. And shoving all kids in prison won't stop them breeding sometime and producing more troubled kids in the same environment. Where do you suggest these role models you speak of should appear from?

Parental classes maybe for offenders' parents? It does happen, but maybe not enough.. Great if parents are capable themselves. Getting kids to stay in school. How can that be achieved? Education in one form or another is almost always the answer. It's one thing Blair was right about. .

Police are under-funded. Social Services are under-funded. Local support in general is under-funded.

That is the government leaving society to itself, and then wondering why it fails to perform.

There is money to buy off votes, there is money to pay off contracts that have never existed. Millions at a time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:00 - Mar 3 with 4249 viewsReuser_is_God

Stop glamourising gang culture via TV/film etc or just stop being utter pr1cks.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:02 - Mar 3 with 4242 viewsReuser_is_God

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:58 - Mar 3 by Radlett_blue

Relative poverty, poor parenting and gang culture. Unfortunately, there are no simple answers to these problems.

There is.

Death penalty.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:04 - Mar 3 with 4238 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:11 - Mar 3 by chicoazul

Conversely, people should take far more drugs, meaning they are unable to stab people.

On a serious note, two of my friends were stabbed at a party last year. These yoofs all got in the door in groups of three or four at a time, ended up being about 30 or so of them. When the party was winding down at about 6am, about an hour after they'd arrived, they started trying to steal things. When they were asked to leave that's when sh1t got heavy.

My mate went over to calm down an argument, guy pulls the blade and stabbed him twice- he ended up outside, collapsed and bleeding everywhere. Huge fight breaks out and several others were cut too. They were organised and knew exactly what they were doing. Most just stood around laughing, filming it. Guy turns up the next day (one of them) and gives us the video that had been shared in their group, apparently he felt bad.

Anyhoo, both stabbers are now locked up (forgot precise charges).

There really is no point to this story, but just to illustrate how prevalent this is at the mo. Mindless fcking cnts and I would wager the oldest to be 18. Who goes to a party to fight or stab people? As you know, I'm a softy bleeding heart liberal type but for people like this I really have fck all sympathy. Hopefully prison will teach them a few lessons, but unfortunately will more likely normalise a life of petty criminality.

If your life is so directionless and sh1t that you think this is fun then there is something very seriously wrong.

Edit: this is a phenomenon called 'feeding time' (something they shout when the stealing/fighting starts). Don't want to popularise or promote indirectly but the info/videos are out there for anyone curious.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 14:07]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:05 - Mar 3 with 4234 viewsbournemouthblue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 09:08 - Mar 3 by Guthrum

Perhaps banning music which glorifies and promotes the gangster lifestyle?

But the primary issue is economic. If you believe you're going to earn more in a week drug dealing than in a year of any legitimate job you're likely to have (if you can get one at all), then it's a no brainer. Especially under the pressures of consumerism, peer status and, effectively, grooming by older gang members.

There's another element here which is inconvenient to the middle class

The better customers often have money, they are the ones fuelling the trade in many cases

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:23 - Mar 3 with 4191 viewspointofblue

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 13:54 - Mar 3 by jeera

"Though my argument is why should the state be there to parent children?"

Who's arguing?

Literally no one has said otherwise. Matey came out with the 'nowadays' line, like the nostalgic nonsense that people do, when everything was perfect when they were kids...

Of course things seemed better. They were kids themselves so didn't have to think or notice life's troubles. And the state maybe took its responsibilities more seriously.

There's always an element of "parents should take more responsibility" when this stuff crops up. No fecking sh*t Sherlock. Repeating that doesn't achieve much. How is that put into action?

We have got to get away from this polarised way of thinking that if someone disagrees with an all out tough approach that it somehow means they should all get free holidays and ice-cream. It really doesn't help.

The kind of kids that join gangs don't have the kind of background you describe where parents can be responsible. That's the point. And shoving all kids in prison won't stop them breeding sometime and producing more troubled kids in the same environment. Where do you suggest these role models you speak of should appear from?

Parental classes maybe for offenders' parents? It does happen, but maybe not enough.. Great if parents are capable themselves. Getting kids to stay in school. How can that be achieved? Education in one form or another is almost always the answer. It's one thing Blair was right about. .

Police are under-funded. Social Services are under-funded. Local support in general is under-funded.

That is the government leaving society to itself, and then wondering why it fails to perform.

There is money to buy off votes, there is money to pay off contracts that have never existed. Millions at a time.

I think there is an expectation of the state, whether national or local, to provide for young people - lay on events, fund youth clubs, build skate ramps, put more money into X, Y, Z with the press quickly leaping on the next thing that was free but is now closing because the money has been withdrawn. I completely agree with you about the amount of waste from the state, though, maybe another starting point would be this. Though, taking into account the fiasco of the Brexit ferry, if there's an investigation into that it'd simply mean more money being spent working out why so much money was lost.

I don't think "seemed better" in the "good olde days" is the right phrase but there was a widespread acceptance that less was enough than now. The rapid improvement of technology leading to the chase of having the latest brands, the latest products, feeling left out and being marginalised by peers if the struggles are there. And sickeningly we have, on the flip side, families who have to go to food banks and can barely afford a pair of shoes. The financial balance of the world - not just this country - is wrong but whilst the rich decide they're happy with it nothing will change.

In terms of more parental responsibility, I agree with you parenting classes are certainly a step forward and teaching the new generation, who are currently school age, the basics though that may alienate some parents - and it slightly ironic considering I'm calling for less state control!

It is the lack of responsibility which is the issue and not easily solved. Obviously teachers are one possibility but they have to attend school for that to happen. There is a drive for those previously involved in gangs who have turned their life around to become mentors; perhaps that's something which needs to be looked into.

Underfunding is certainly an issue for the public sector but time is another one, with police and social worker tied up with paperwork and completing assessments making sure every 'i' is dotted and 't' is crossed. It ties them to desks instead of being out in the community and actually offering the opportunity of they themselves of being role models.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:25 - Mar 3 with 4186 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:04 - Mar 3 by footers

Conversely, people should take far more drugs, meaning they are unable to stab people.

On a serious note, two of my friends were stabbed at a party last year. These yoofs all got in the door in groups of three or four at a time, ended up being about 30 or so of them. When the party was winding down at about 6am, about an hour after they'd arrived, they started trying to steal things. When they were asked to leave that's when sh1t got heavy.

My mate went over to calm down an argument, guy pulls the blade and stabbed him twice- he ended up outside, collapsed and bleeding everywhere. Huge fight breaks out and several others were cut too. They were organised and knew exactly what they were doing. Most just stood around laughing, filming it. Guy turns up the next day (one of them) and gives us the video that had been shared in their group, apparently he felt bad.

Anyhoo, both stabbers are now locked up (forgot precise charges).

There really is no point to this story, but just to illustrate how prevalent this is at the mo. Mindless fcking cnts and I would wager the oldest to be 18. Who goes to a party to fight or stab people? As you know, I'm a softy bleeding heart liberal type but for people like this I really have fck all sympathy. Hopefully prison will teach them a few lessons, but unfortunately will more likely normalise a life of petty criminality.

If your life is so directionless and sh1t that you think this is fun then there is something very seriously wrong.

Edit: this is a phenomenon called 'feeding time' (something they shout when the stealing/fighting starts). Don't want to popularise or promote indirectly but the info/videos are out there for anyone curious.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 14:07]

I think I'll just move me and my family to north Norfolk or the middle of Wales or somewhere else un-urbanised.

**CAUTION** - urbanised does not mean what some of you bell-ends may think it means (not you footers luv)
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 14:25]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:28 - Mar 3 with 4178 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:05 - Mar 3 by bournemouthblue

There's another element here which is inconvenient to the middle class

The better customers often have money, they are the ones fuelling the trade in many cases

It's almost as if extremely relatively well off people funding an 11bn illegal drug industry is a bad thing.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:39 - Mar 3 with 4156 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:25 - Mar 3 by chicoazul

I think I'll just move me and my family to north Norfolk or the middle of Wales or somewhere else un-urbanised.

**CAUTION** - urbanised does not mean what some of you bell-ends may think it means (not you footers luv)
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 14:25]

If you move to North Norfolk you can do one, you fcking melt. Tbh if and when that happens in my life I'd much prefer to raise sprogs in the country. City kids don't know they're born.

And what did you say, un-urbanised? Fcking fascist. Can't believe you of all people would be supportive of the invidious racialist neoliberal agenda that [continues for 1,000 words]
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 15:12]

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:45 - Mar 3 with 4138 viewschicoazul

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:39 - Mar 3 by footers

If you move to North Norfolk you can do one, you fcking melt. Tbh if and when that happens in my life I'd much prefer to raise sprogs in the country. City kids don't know they're born.

And what did you say, un-urbanised? Fcking fascist. Can't believe you of all people would be supportive of the invidious racialist neoliberal agenda that [continues for 1,000 words]
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 15:12]

Country kids tend to grow up very very Tory though. It's a tough balance. Living a life of relative peace and tranquillity but also growing up thinking Ben Gummer is alright and makes a few good points actually?

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:50 - Mar 3 with 4127 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:45 - Mar 3 by chicoazul

Country kids tend to grow up very very Tory though. It's a tough balance. Living a life of relative peace and tranquillity but also growing up thinking Ben Gummer is alright and makes a few good points actually?

Here's the plan:

Kids always rebel against their parents. Up until 18 or so I'd pretend to be a potless right-winger. That way they'd be used to having fck all and hopefully think I'm a right barsteward, converting them to leftist views as a result. May even leave copies of Foucault and Chomsky under their pillows, secretly.

Later on I shall reveal all and we can all live in perfect harmony. Aside from the fact I'd lied to them for years, but hey, Father Christmas doesn't exist and I don't hold it against my mum.

That'll work, right?

Would love a sprog just to teach them how to play cards, swear, drink and shave. Aside from that there's little appeal.

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:52 - Mar 3 with 4124 viewsstrikalite

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:00 - Mar 3 by Reuser_is_God

Stop glamourising gang culture via TV/film etc or just stop being utter pr1cks.

Without a doubt the glamour surrounding gang culture through films/songs has a lot to do with it, impressionable kids see their role models right there....even with decent parents it has to be said..
What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 15:03 - Mar 3 with 4105 viewsfooters

What are the ‘genuine’ solutions to knife crime? on 14:52 - Mar 3 by strikalite

Without a doubt the glamour surrounding gang culture through films/songs has a lot to do with it, impressionable kids see their role models right there....even with decent parents it has to be said..

At raves there's often a funny quote on the screens about videogames and their influence on da yoof. It goes something like this:

“If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024