Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy enough with that. 17:04 - Feb 16 with 26291 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well done lads.

On to the next.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 17:12]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Happy enough with that. on 10:01 - Feb 17 with 3341 viewstextbackup

Happy enough with that. on 09:59 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

And if they'd been able to defend a corner in stoppage time we'd have lost 1-0. We were crap, but if people want to dig for positives that's fine.

how on earth did you cope with 0-0's under the ex ex bloke if you are so down on this?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Happy enough with that. on 10:05 - Feb 17 with 3333 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 10:01 - Feb 17 by textbackup

how on earth did you cope with 0-0's under the ex ex bloke if you are so down on this?

We used to occasionally win games back then. It wasn't unheard of for us to score more than once a game too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Happy enough with that. on 10:07 - Feb 17 with 3326 viewstextbackup

Happy enough with that. on 10:05 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

We used to occasionally win games back then. It wasn't unheard of for us to score more than once a game too.

id calm down a bit, because it realllllllly wasn't anything to shout about.
you miss him, don't you

Happy enough with that. on 10:16 - Feb 17 with 3313 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 10:07 - Feb 17 by textbackup

id calm down a bit, because it realllllllly wasn't anything to shout about.
you miss him, don't you

Not at all. I miss Ipswich looking capable of winning games though.

Happy enough with that. on 10:47 - Feb 17 with 3279 viewspointofblue

I also remember us going five home game wins without a goal and being absolutely outplayed by a diabolical Hull side last season, who were lower in the table than Stoke were yesterday. Yes, we were higher but the spirit around the club and the relationship between fans and manager was an all time low.

I freely admit this is an odd thing to say but despite being bottom of the table and being relegated with a whimper I'm actually enjoying going to Portman Road more this season than the last two (bar our min-run in August 2017) - at least we're trying to put a passing play together and get on the front foot even if we seriously lack creatuvity and ideas in the final third. If only Lambert had the likes of Waghorn and McGoldrick at his disposal.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Happy enough with that. on 10:49 - Feb 17 with 3274 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 10:47 - Feb 17 by pointofblue

I also remember us going five home game wins without a goal and being absolutely outplayed by a diabolical Hull side last season, who were lower in the table than Stoke were yesterday. Yes, we were higher but the spirit around the club and the relationship between fans and manager was an all time low.

I freely admit this is an odd thing to say but despite being bottom of the table and being relegated with a whimper I'm actually enjoying going to Portman Road more this season than the last two (bar our min-run in August 2017) - at least we're trying to put a passing play together and get on the front foot even if we seriously lack creatuvity and ideas in the final third. If only Lambert had the likes of Waghorn and McGoldrick at his disposal.

Good for you. I find being bottom of the table and pretty much abject to be wholly depressing.

Happy enough with that. on 10:55 - Feb 17 with 3267 viewspointofblue

Happy enough with that. on 10:49 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Good for you. I find being bottom of the table and pretty much abject to be wholly depressing.

I did as well; I think it's because I've reconciled myself to relegation now and we've been so poor for so long that I'm going to greet signs of hope for next season with both hands and, against Derby and yesterday, for me there were signs. Our midfield in the last two games has probably been the best it's been in a while (Mick was unlucky with Bishop out injured for so much of his time here) and our defence looks relatively solid though my concern is three of the four players probably won't be here next season.

The fact we're suddenly building something again is good as I felt we were meandering under Lambert for a long while, indeed retreading the same path as under Hurst. The change of formation has worked well and we don't look like a team at the foot on the table even though, over the season as a whole, we are where we deserve to be.

Happy enough with that. on 10:59 - Feb 17 with 3261 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 10:55 - Feb 17 by pointofblue

I did as well; I think it's because I've reconciled myself to relegation now and we've been so poor for so long that I'm going to greet signs of hope for next season with both hands and, against Derby and yesterday, for me there were signs. Our midfield in the last two games has probably been the best it's been in a while (Mick was unlucky with Bishop out injured for so much of his time here) and our defence looks relatively solid though my concern is three of the four players probably won't be here next season.

The fact we're suddenly building something again is good as I felt we were meandering under Lambert for a long while, indeed retreading the same path as under Hurst. The change of formation has worked well and we don't look like a team at the foot on the table even though, over the season as a whole, we are where we deserve to be.

Fair enough. For me yesterday we looked every inch a side at the foot of the table. I'm struggling to recall us creating a clear cut chance whilst Stoke could easily have been two or three up at half time. Stoke may look good on paper but their form in 2019 has been awful, that was likely our easiest remaining fixture and for me I never felt we looked like winning it. I'm sure I'll get over it but yesterday left me thoroughly miserable.

Login to get fewer ads

Happy enough with that. on 11:01 - Feb 17 with 3256 viewsBenters2

Happy enough with that. on 10:01 - Feb 17 by textbackup

Ha!
Happy enough with that. on 11:29 - Feb 17 with 3229 viewspointofblue

Happy enough with that. on 10:59 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Fair enough. For me yesterday we looked every inch a side at the foot of the table. I'm struggling to recall us creating a clear cut chance whilst Stoke could easily have been two or three up at half time. Stoke may look good on paper but their form in 2019 has been awful, that was likely our easiest remaining fixture and for me I never felt we looked like winning it. I'm sure I'll get over it but yesterday left me thoroughly miserable.

I think our lack of guile in the final third is admittedly clear to see; we were fine forming chances but couldn't quite get over the line. But, for both Derby and Stoke, I'd say the gap in the table was not seen by the performances from the two sides on the pitch so I'd disagree with the 'every inch a bottom of the table' side.

I do think tiredness played a part too, with three high octane games in six days taking their toll, especially on Chalobah who visibily whilted in the second half.

Happy enough with that. on 11:36 - Feb 17 with 3215 viewsblueislander

Happy enough with that. on 11:29 - Feb 17 by pointofblue

I think our lack of guile in the final third is admittedly clear to see; we were fine forming chances but couldn't quite get over the line. But, for both Derby and Stoke, I'd say the gap in the table was not seen by the performances from the two sides on the pitch so I'd disagree with the 'every inch a bottom of the table' side.

I do think tiredness played a part too, with three high octane games in six days taking their toll, especially on Chalobah who visibily whilted in the second half.

Of the strikers that have played recently only Keene is worth his place, and then only just about. Is it not worth trying another of the hoofs.?
Happy enough with that. on 11:42 - Feb 17 with 3205 viewspointofblue

Happy enough with that. on 11:36 - Feb 17 by blueislander

Of the strikers that have played recently only Keene is worth his place, and then only just about. Is it not worth trying another of the hoofs.?

I prefer Lambert to try and implement a style which sees the ball being played on the ground; this season has clearly gone so there's no reason to try something else in that regard. We lived through the hoof for season after season and it's one of the reasons why fans turned on Mick in the first place.

Happy enough with that. on 11:44 - Feb 17 with 3200 viewsbluewein

Blimey. If we’d put that sort of display in under MM, you’d have condescendingly told everyone who would listen that that was a tactical masterclass and people don’t understand football.

Such a weird switch in thought there...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Happy enough with that. on 12:22 - Feb 17 with 3171 viewsKeaneish

Happy enough with that. on 08:17 - Feb 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No it isn’t, actually

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-pointer

We’re not going to finish above Wigan
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 8:18]

You don't think if we beat Wigan it won't have a bearing on them being only 5 points out of the relegation zone and Rotherham and Reading playing each other the same day? They're in the more and candidates for relegation as are we, therefore, it's a 6 pointer.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Happy enough with that. on 12:30 - Feb 17 with 3162 viewsbluejacko

Happy enough with that. on 10:49 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Go and lay in a darkened room and you might just about get over it!
But there again judging from your posts there’s no certainty of that.
Happy enough with that. on 13:20 - Feb 17 with 3138 viewspickles110564

Happy enough with that. on 18:15 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

Take the positives, mate. We grabbed an undeserved leveller in stoppage time. I'm beside myself.

I have met many people like you throughout my career.
Undoubtably clever but because of their outlook on life they always see the negatives in everything so their talents are wasted and when they finally realise they should have taken a chance now and again it's too late.
Are you one of those types Herbie?
Happy enough with that. on 13:33 - Feb 17 with 3134 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 11:44 - Feb 17 by bluewein

Blimey. If we’d put that sort of display in under MM, you’d have condescendingly told everyone who would listen that that was a tactical masterclass and people don’t understand football.

Such a weird switch in thought there...

Nonsense.

Happy enough with that. on 14:18 - Feb 17 with 3097 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 13:20 - Feb 17 by pickles110564

I have met many people like you throughout my career.
Undoubtably clever but because of their outlook on life they always see the negatives in everything so their talents are wasted and when they finally realise they should have taken a chance now and again it's too late.
Are you one of those types Herbie?

No.

Happy enough with that. on 15:58 - Feb 17 with 3049 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 12:22 - Feb 17 by Keaneish

You don't think if we beat Wigan it won't have a bearing on them being only 5 points out of the relegation zone and Rotherham and Reading playing each other the same day? They're in the more and candidates for relegation as are we, therefore, it's a 6 pointer.

It does have a bearing on their position in the relegation race, but that’s not what a six pointer is...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Happy enough with that. on 16:04 - Feb 17 with 3036 viewsCuffy81

Happy enough with that. on 10:59 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Name me a Stoke player from their starting 11 that wouldn't go straight into ours? Perhaps Bree over Edwards

They may be underperforming but they still have better players than us all over the pitch
Happy enough with that. on 18:09 - Feb 17 with 2971 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 16:04 - Feb 17 by Cuffy81

Name me a Stoke player from their starting 11 that wouldn't go straight into ours? Perhaps Bree over Edwards

They may be underperforming but they still have better players than us all over the pitch

Okay, if you want to be overjoyed at scraping a point against a woefully out of form Stoke then that's your right. It's my right to feel otherwise.

Happy enough with that. on 18:15 - Feb 17 with 2964 viewsnoggin

Happy enough with that. on 10:55 - Feb 17 by pointofblue

We looked every inch a team at the foot of the table. No confidence and no creativity.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Happy enough with that. on 18:18 - Feb 17 with 2958 viewsPJH

Happy enough with that. on 18:15 - Feb 17 by noggin

We looked every inch a team at the foot of the table. No confidence and no creativity.

Perhaps you got stuck in a time warp and actually watched one of Hurst's games here.
Compared with the game against Derby(and the derby come to that) I did not think that we looked all that good yesterday but I don't think it was anything like as bad as you seem to think-opinions.
Happy enough with that. on 18:18 - Feb 17 with 2956 viewswarkthisway

Not much to do in Whitton

bentnkuqi

Happy enough with that. on 18:20 - Feb 17 with 2956 viewstextbackup

Happy enough with that. on 18:09 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Okay, if you want to be overjoyed at scraping a point against a woefully out of form Stoke then that's your right. It's my right to feel otherwise.

"It's my right to feel otherwise"

rich isn't it? I mean many a time I've seen you talk down to those that disagree with you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024