Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy enough with that. 17:04 - Feb 16 with 26303 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well done lads.

On to the next.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 17:12]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Happy enough with that. on 21:02 - Feb 16 with 4948 viewspickles110564

Happy enough with that. on 17:47 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

Don't be a prick. I know it's a big ask but at least try. I generally like Lambert but that was utter dross today and take the positive posts are misplaced armchair fandom at its worst.

You are very rude at times and will not look at both sides of discussion, just a close mind and believe you are right every time, i will let you into a secret that your are wrong.
Happy enough with that. on 21:35 - Feb 16 with 4908 viewsjaykay

Don't be a prick. I know it's a big ask but at least try. I generally like Lambert but that was utter dross today and take the positive posts are misplaced armchair fandom at its worst.

was this you when we scored

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Happy enough with that. on 21:44 - Feb 16 with 4894 viewspickles110564

Happy enough with that. on 21:35 - Feb 16 by jaykay

was this you when we scored

I did not like his attitude about armchair fans, not sure who he thinks he is.
Happy enough with that. on 21:50 - Feb 16 with 4886 viewsBluesquid

Happy enough with that. on 20:46 - Feb 16 by Clapham_Junction

Bizarrely, Mick Mills said it was a better performance than against Derby...

Did he? Imo that is bonkers.

I heard him mention the Derby game but didn't quite catch it all.

Do you think he's right?
Happy enough with that. on 22:03 - Feb 16 with 4871 viewspointofblue

We did look flat in the second half; have to wonder whether the exertions of the week played a part in some of the tiredness from the players, especially if some of them had been affected by the illness in the camp to a degree. Kenlock, Chalobah and Nolan were all awful but did play well against Derby.

But when that goal in? It felt we were a club again once more. The united celebration, all as one, no division and no hurt. Poor decisions have left us in this position, both in and off the pitch, but the club and fanbase - at least at the ground - is pulling in the same direction now and that's what we really need as we head towards an inevitable relegation.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Happy enough with that. on 22:22 - Feb 16 with 4858 viewsunstableblue

Happy enough with that. on 17:16 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

We were terrible. That was possibly our easiest remaining game and we never looked capable of winning it. We're really sh!te.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 17:40]

We were categorically not terrible. It was a positive and at times entertaining performance. But flawed, hopefully a platform. Probably 5 to 7 moves were really exciting to watch. Judges free kick was excellent. Bishops runs were exciting; and Nolan had good flashes. Some of our interplay was really good.

We had more posession, good passing accuracy, lots of corners.

Unfortunately we lacked ideas for the final pass and move. And were toothless. Quaner was poor.
And Chalobah faded. Probably due to an excellent performance Wednesday.

Yes Stoke were weak in part but they have a lot of quality players and their centre backs were strong.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Happy enough with that. on 22:34 - Feb 16 with 4845 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Happy enough with that. on 22:22 - Feb 16 by unstableblue

We were categorically not terrible. It was a positive and at times entertaining performance. But flawed, hopefully a platform. Probably 5 to 7 moves were really exciting to watch. Judges free kick was excellent. Bishops runs were exciting; and Nolan had good flashes. Some of our interplay was really good.

Unfortunately we lacked ideas for the final pass and move. And were toothless. Quaner was poor.

Yes Stoke were weak in part but they have a lot of quality players and their centre backs were strong.

Exactly how i saw todays performance. Thought Nolan was better than previous games, some good interplay & with a bit more composure around the penalty area would have won the match.
The lineups suggested that player for player, it should have been a straight forward win for Stoke, but we more than matched them.
Funny old game, football. As supporters, we see things so differently & today has certainly reinforced that judging by some of the comments on here tonight.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Happy enough with that. on 22:48 - Feb 16 with 4829 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 22:22 - Feb 16 by unstableblue

We didn't create against a poor Stoke side. Terrible is a reasonable assessment of it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Happy enough with that. on 03:39 - Feb 17 with 4752 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 17:34 - Feb 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

Usually agree with you Herbie on football matters, but i thought we did pretty well overall.
Stoke have a team of pretty much Premier league players & we matched them all over the pitch & with more composure with the final pass into the box could well have won today.
Totally deserved the point.

They’re not a team of Premier League players, they’re a team of players that are 17th in the Championship

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Happy enough with that. on 03:39 - Feb 17 with 4752 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 19:35 - Feb 16 by Keaneish

We got in behind them far more than we have any other side this season and nullified their threat very effectively. We weren't great, agreed but we were far from dross. I'd say we looked a bit sluggish as epiotimsed by chalobah. That equaliser is going to feel like a winner to them and with a week between now and the 6 pointer at Wigan, I'm quietly confident we'll be looking at a 4 point gap after the Reading game.

6 pointer at Wigan? They’re 14 points ahead of us!

Happy enough with that. on 03:41 - Feb 17 with 4751 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 22:48 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

We didn't create against a poor Stoke side. Terrible is a reasonable assessment of it.

I think the problem here is people seem to be blinded by some of the names Stoke have that were excellent players in 2015, but not in 2019 where they’re the 17th best side in the Championship

3 points were needed today, 1 definitely not enough. For all the promise of Wednesday today was a step back, and we’re continuing to go out of the division with a whimper, unfortunately

Happy enough with that. on 06:29 - Feb 17 with 4720 viewsBenters2

How very rude!👮‍♀️
Happy enough with that. on 06:31 - Feb 17 with 4720 viewsBenters2

Happy enough with that. on 18:45 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

Do one.

You seemed very angry did you have a shandy or something?
Happy enough with that. on 06:32 - Feb 17 with 4720 viewsBenters2

A point is a point.

Better than zero points innit.
Happy enough with that. on 06:47 - Feb 17 with 4709 viewsbrogansnose

' Utter dross' ? You might want to have a rethink on that turn of phrase Herbie because it wasn't , it really wasn't. There were some below standard performances from our third game in a week but overall it was a typical Championship game from both sides. Quite frankly, I'd be more pi$$ed off if I was a Stoke fan, and with a couple of exceptions, have got a bunch of overpaid players who didn't really look that bothered and who's finishing was atrocious.
Happy enough with that. on 07:02 - Feb 17 with 4703 viewsKeaneish

Happy enough with that. on 06:47 - Feb 17 by brogansnose

' Utter dross' ? You might want to have a rethink on that turn of phrase Herbie because it wasn't , it really wasn't. There were some below standard performances from our third game in a week but overall it was a typical Championship game from both sides. Quite frankly, I'd be more pi$$ed off if I was a Stoke fan, and with a couple of exceptions, have got a bunch of overpaid players who didn't really look that bothered and who's finishing was atrocious.

Agreed however I don't agree with PL's statement that we were "relentless". I'd say we were persistent although it's not quite as sexy an adjective. At times it reminded me of Bolton at home where we struggled to break them down.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Happy enough with that. on 07:18 - Feb 17 with 4685 viewsBenters2

Happy enough with that. on 21:02 - Feb 16 by pickles110564

You are very rude at times and will not look at both sides of discussion, just a close mind and believe you are right every time, i will let you into a secret that your are wrong.

I think he was pissed tbh.
Happy enough with that. on 08:07 - Feb 17 with 4644 viewsKeaneish

Happy enough with that. on 03:39 - Feb 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

6 pointer at Wigan? They’re 14 points ahead of us!

A 6 pointer is defined by league position and anyone in the bottom six is in the mix for relegation. It's a must win for both clubs.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Happy enough with that. on 08:17 - Feb 17 with 4633 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 08:07 - Feb 17 by Keaneish

A 6 pointer is defined by league position and anyone in the bottom six is in the mix for relegation. It's a must win for both clubs.

No it isn’t, actually

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-pointer

We’re not going to finish above Wigan
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 8:18]

Happy enough with that. on 08:23 - Feb 17 with 4618 viewstextbackup

Happy enough with that. on 17:16 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

We were terrible. That was possibly our easiest remaining game and we never looked capable of winning it. We're really sh!te.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 17:40]

i'm sorry?!

terrible? has the universe switched and i'm seeing positives and you've gone the other way.

it was a sluggish game, we looked tired on the pitch, the atmosphere was flat..... basically I think we shot our bolt Wednesday night and were running on empty yesterday.

positives...
apart from the goal we defended well again.
midfield were up against it as stoke were in the game more than derby.
up top keane looks lively, really like what I've seen of him so far.
teddy made a few darting runs which was a joy to see.
judge showing his class.
bree, what a refreshing change to have a right back playing for us for the first time in about 30 years.

negatives....
kenlock - some really poor final balls from him, the one that stands out is the second half, ball cut back to him, had the most pathetic side foot pass/shot/whatever that he taped to the first man.
bart/knudsen mess up (both should be better than that) bart should have wiped everyone out and claimed it, my biggest thing with him is I don't think he's brave enough. Knudsen, should have just hooked it away, wacked it in the air, anything but what he done.
quaner is a pointless player, touch is so bad and barely gets near the goal.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Happy enough with that. on 08:39 - Feb 17 with 4590 viewsTownly

Happy enough with that. on 08:07 - Feb 17 by Keaneish

The only six-pointer we have left is Reading.

Our only chance of survival is to gain points against them and Rotherham.

Anybody else has just too many points for us to realistically catch them (realistically, not statistically.) Millwall have eleven points and two games advantage over us.

Bolton do not show any signs of picking up.

I fear that one of either Reading or Rotherham will continue to pick up points, but like others will not give up hope until the figures suggest otherwise
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 8:41]
Happy enough with that. on 08:42 - Feb 17 with 4575 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 08:39 - Feb 17 by Townly

The only six-pointer we have left is Reading.

Our only chance of survival is to gain points against them and Rotherham.

Anybody else has just too many points for us to realistically catch them (realistically, not statistically.) Millwall have eleven points and two games advantage over us.

Bolton do not show any signs of picking up.

I fear that one of either Reading or Rotherham will continue to pick up points, but like others will not give up hope until the figures suggest otherwise
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 8:41]

Yep, this

Happy enough with that. on 09:56 - Feb 17 with 4519 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 08:23 - Feb 17 by textbackup

i'm sorry?!

terrible? has the universe switched and i'm seeing positives and you've gone the other way.

it was a sluggish game, we looked tired on the pitch, the atmosphere was flat..... basically I think we shot our bolt Wednesday night and were running on empty yesterday.

positives...
apart from the goal we defended well again.
midfield were up against it as stoke were in the game more than derby.
up top keane looks lively, really like what I've seen of him so far.
teddy made a few darting runs which was a joy to see.
judge showing his class.
bree, what a refreshing change to have a right back playing for us for the first time in about 30 years.

negatives....
kenlock - some really poor final balls from him, the one that stands out is the second half, ball cut back to him, had the most pathetic side foot pass/shot/whatever that he taped to the first man.
bart/knudsen mess up (both should be better than that) bart should have wiped everyone out and claimed it, my biggest thing with him is I don't think he's brave enough. Knudsen, should have just hooked it away, wacked it in the air, anything but what he done.
quaner is a pointless player, touch is so bad and barely gets near the goal.

Yes, terrible. We were playing more or less the worst side in the league on current form and we were poor. It was a game we needed to win and we never looked capable of doing so.

Happy enough with that. on 09:57 - Feb 17 with 4517 viewstextbackup

Happy enough with that. on 09:56 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Yes, terrible. We were playing more or less the worst side in the league on current form and we were poor. It was a game we needed to win and we never looked capable of doing so.

had our two world cup stars not fcked up we'd have won that game 1-0.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Happy enough with that. on 09:59 - Feb 17 with 4509 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 09:57 - Feb 17 by textbackup

had our two world cup stars not fcked up we'd have won that game 1-0.

And if they'd been able to defend a corner in stoppage time we'd have lost 1-0. We were crap, but if people want to dig for positives that's fine.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024