Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy enough with that. 17:04 - Feb 16 with 26305 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well done lads.

On to the next.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 17:12]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Happy enough with that. on 07:43 - Feb 18 with 2356 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 01:41 - Feb 18 by MrTown

Your’re deluded!

We’re rock bottom of the league, team of zero confidence at all, our key CB’s yet again missing, no budget what so ever, recruiting third to fourth choice signings in January, when you consider all matters we have played incredibly well the last 2 games. Factor in 3 games in 6 days against Norwich/Derby/Stoke.

We’re trying to play much better football, it’s high intensity especially in the middle of the park. This week is a welcome break before Wigan.

Add some perspective that in addition to Butland/Shawcross/Bojan/Adam/Williams and Indi. Stoke’s transfer spend this season (Euros):
Afobe - 13.5m
Ince - 11m
Vokes - 8m
Woods - 7.25m
Etebo - 7m
Clucas - 6.7m
McLean - 5.6m
Batth - 3.5m

Add a bit of perspective.

See what you're doing is making excuses for a crap performance. That's fine, but let's not pretend we played well on Saturday. We didn't. Wednesday against Derby we were decent, absolutely, but against Stoke we were poor.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 7:45]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Happy enough with that. on 07:45 - Feb 18 with 2356 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 07:35 - Feb 18 by MrTown

I’m enjoying match days far much more now that’s for certain.

I suspect you don’t go to too many games.

Ah the other non-response

“You preferred being mid-table to bottom of the league? Obviously don’t go to any games then...”

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Happy enough with that. on 07:47 - Feb 18 with 2344 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 07:45 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“You preferred being mid-table to bottom of the league? Obviously don’t go to any games then...”

I'm a season ticket holder and I find it a bit odd how happy people are to watch us not look capable of winning games. It's not like we're creating loads of chances. We created nothing from open play on Saturday.

Happy enough with that. on 07:48 - Feb 18 with 2343 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 05:41 - Feb 18 by Benters2

It is strange how he and some of the other HCs on here would poke up with all things Mick Mac,but not PL!?

What's really strange is you and others constantly bringing McCarthy up. He has no real bearing on our performance at the weekend.

Happy enough with that. on 07:51 - Feb 18 with 2337 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 07:43 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

See what you're doing is making excuses for a crap performance. That's fine, but let's not pretend we played well on Saturday. We didn't. Wednesday against Derby we were decent, absolutely, but against Stoke we were poor.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 7:45]

They’re not excuses, they’re facts. Wednesday against Derby we were excellent, 3 days later against Stoke we weren’t as good, but not poor, still far better than in prior weeks.

As I’ve said, add a little perspective to it, you’re making a poor assessment of the situation that is all.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Happy enough with that. on 07:52 - Feb 18 with 2328 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 07:45 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That didn’t answer the question, but your avoidance has answered it for me.

Happy enough with that. on 07:55 - Feb 18 with 2323 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 07:51 - Feb 18 by MrTown

They’re not excuses, they’re facts. Wednesday against Derby we were excellent, 3 days later against Stoke we weren’t as good, but not poor, still far better than in prior weeks.

As I’ve said, add a little perspective to it, you’re making a poor assessment of the situation that is all.

Disagree. Creating no chances from open play against a side in utterly terrible form - no away wins since October to add to them generally being awful in 2019 - is a poor showing. For me it was a big backwards step from Wednesday. I honestly don't get why that's seen as a controversial view.

Happy enough with that. on 07:55 - Feb 18 with 2323 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 07:47 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

I'm a season ticket holder and I find it a bit odd how happy people are to watch us not look capable of winning games. It's not like we're creating loads of chances. We created nothing from open play on Saturday.

What are you expecting, bottom of the league, no confidence, no budget, sh!t show of summer transfer dealings. In comparison to over the 30m Stoke have spent this season alone there wasn’t a disparity between the teams.

Add some perspective.

Login to get fewer ads

Happy enough with that. on 07:58 - Feb 18 with 2322 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 07:55 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Disagree. Creating no chances from open play against a side in utterly terrible form - no away wins since October to add to them generally being awful in 2019 - is a poor showing. For me it was a big backwards step from Wednesday. I honestly don't get why that's seen as a controversial view.

But we’ve had no away wins since October, and only 2 home wins all season. We’re equally as terrible.

If we’re equally as terrible which is what you’re suggesting, Stoke should have walked absolute rings around us on Saturday and battered 5-0.

Happy enough with that. on 08:01 - Feb 18 with 2318 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 07:55 - Feb 18 by MrTown

What are you expecting, bottom of the league, no confidence, no budget, sh!t show of summer transfer dealings. In comparison to over the 30m Stoke have spent this season alone there wasn’t a disparity between the teams.

Add some perspective.

I like how you want me to show some perspective and context whilst you are simultaneously ignoring that Stoke are 17th and in shocking form, especially away from home. It cuts both ways.

Happy enough with that. on 08:03 - Feb 18 with 2316 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 07:58 - Feb 18 by MrTown

But we’ve had no away wins since October, and only 2 home wins all season. We’re equally as terrible.

If we’re equally as terrible which is what you’re suggesting, Stoke should have walked absolute rings around us on Saturday and battered 5-0.

Think about what you've said in that last paragraph for a few seconds and then come back to me.

I think this comes down to you having zero expectations at this point and me actually wanting us to win a few games essentially.

Happy enough with that. on 08:06 - Feb 18 with 2311 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 08:03 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Think about what you've said in that last paragraph for a few seconds and then come back to me.

I think this comes down to you having zero expectations at this point and me actually wanting us to win a few games essentially.

We all want to win games, but like I said, add a bit of perspective, once you can realistically do that you might be able to see we’re not playing as bad. Hence Stoke didn’t run rings around us.

Happy enough with that. on 08:09 - Feb 18 with 2309 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 08:06 - Feb 18 by MrTown

We all want to win games, but like I said, add a bit of perspective, once you can realistically do that you might be able to see we’re not playing as bad. Hence Stoke didn’t run rings around us.

I've added context and perspective, I'd argue it's you that hasn't. We're not going to change each others' minds so not much point continuing with this really.

Happy enough with that. on 08:20 - Feb 18 with 2288 viewspickles110564

Happy enough with that. on 08:09 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

I've added context and perspective, I'd argue it's you that hasn't. We're not going to change each others' minds so not much point continuing with this really.

Nope all you add is negativity, you just bring everybody down when we have a real chance of making something here. I have not heard the fans get together like this for years and you just try to bring them down.
Happy enough with that. on 08:22 - Feb 18 with 2283 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 08:20 - Feb 18 by pickles110564

Nope all you add is negativity, you just bring everybody down when we have a real chance of making something here. I have not heard the fans get together like this for years and you just try to bring them down.

Dry your eyes, petal. I'm generally positive about Lambert and he has my backing. Saturday was poor though. This isn't some sort of cult, it's acceptable to legitimately criticise when we haven't played well. If that brings you down then you need to have a word with yourself.

Happy enough with that. on 08:23 - Feb 18 with 2280 viewsBackToRussia

blub

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Happy enough with that. on 08:26 - Feb 18 with 2273 viewspickles110564

Happy enough with that. on 08:23 - Feb 18 by BackToRussia

blub

Nope stating facts, something you do not like!
Herbie is very rude and someone people are glad is not around them.
Happy enough with that. on 08:27 - Feb 18 with 2272 viewsBackToRussia

Happy enough with that. on 08:26 - Feb 18 by pickles110564

Nope stating facts, something you do not like!
Herbie is very rude and someone people are glad is not around them.

I'm afraid that's another......

blub

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Happy enough with that. on 08:30 - Feb 18 with 2259 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 08:27 - Feb 18 by BackToRussia

I'm afraid that's another......

blub

Pickles doesn't like me as I trigger his innate feelings of inferiority. It's unfortunate really, it seems to genuinely upset him.

Happy enough with that. on 08:40 - Feb 18 with 2239 viewsGlasgowBlue

I disagree with Herbie on many subjects but he is one of the most sound posters on here when it comes to football. It sounded like we played ok listening on the radio and I still cling to the hope that we will escape the drop but if Herbie, who is usually very considered and fair in his football posts, is showing concern then we should listen.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Happy enough with that. on 08:40 - Feb 18 with 2241 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 07:52 - Feb 18 by MrTown

That didn’t answer the question, but your avoidance has answered it for me.

I go to plenty - the fact that you assume the only reason anyone could have a different view to you is because they don’t go to games says it all though really

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Happy enough with that. on 09:06 - Feb 18 with 2230 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 08:40 - Feb 18 by GlasgowBlue

I disagree with Herbie on many subjects but he is one of the most sound posters on here when it comes to football. It sounded like we played ok listening on the radio and I still cling to the hope that we will escape the drop but if Herbie, who is usually very considered and fair in his football posts, is showing concern then we should listen.

Thanks Glassers.

I acknowledge my response to the performance is partly emotional, I left the game feeling flat and disappointed despite the late equaliser. For me it was a must win game and we never looked like winning it. We didn't play well. Stoke weren't great but should have been out of reach at half time and we then huffed and puffed but failed to create anything meaningful in open play in 90 minutes. It felt like a step backwards and extinguished any faint hope of mounting a great escape for me. It was easily in our top 3 most winnable remaining fixtures.

I appreciate some fans are loving the atmosphere and togetherness and find any 'negativity' unacceptable. Personally I go to the football as a Town fan wanting Town to win or to at least look capable of winning. The atmosphere is far less important to me, I judge by what's on the pitch and what was on the pitch on Saturday was pretty poor.

Happy enough with that. on 09:11 - Feb 18 with 2220 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy enough with that. on 09:06 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Thanks Glassers.

I acknowledge my response to the performance is partly emotional, I left the game feeling flat and disappointed despite the late equaliser. For me it was a must win game and we never looked like winning it. We didn't play well. Stoke weren't great but should have been out of reach at half time and we then huffed and puffed but failed to create anything meaningful in open play in 90 minutes. It felt like a step backwards and extinguished any faint hope of mounting a great escape for me. It was easily in our top 3 most winnable remaining fixtures.

I appreciate some fans are loving the atmosphere and togetherness and find any 'negativity' unacceptable. Personally I go to the football as a Town fan wanting Town to win or to at least look capable of winning. The atmosphere is far less important to me, I judge by what's on the pitch and what was on the pitch on Saturday was pretty poor.

There were high expectations after the Derby performance but we’ve rarely managed to play two consistent halves of games all season so it was always going to be a tough ask to play well fir two consecutive games.

Not having a midweek game should see us fresh for Wigan where we really do need three points.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Happy enough with that. on 09:14 - Feb 18 with 2214 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 08:09 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Please explain to me how I haven’t add context.

Stoke are in poor form, but it’s us that has only won 3 games all season?

It’s stoke that we should be passing off the park but have spent of 30m this season alone. They spent the same amount of Sam Clucas as we’ve spent all season.

Stoke were the team with 1 shot on target all game and we all know how that came about.

We edged possession, more passes and more passes in the final third, 30% higher than Stoke had in our half.

We weren’t as sharp as our performance against Derby, but I’m not surprised considering the high energy used only 3 days before. We lacked the final ball on Saturday that was all.
But Lambert is working hard with everything he has at his disposal, let’s not be quite as over dramatic as you are being.

Happy enough with that. on 09:20 - Feb 18 with 2203 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 09:14 - Feb 18 by MrTown

Please explain to me how I haven’t add context.

Stoke are in poor form, but it’s us that has only won 3 games all season?

It’s stoke that we should be passing off the park but have spent of 30m this season alone. They spent the same amount of Sam Clucas as we’ve spent all season.

Stoke were the team with 1 shot on target all game and we all know how that came about.

We edged possession, more passes and more passes in the final third, 30% higher than Stoke had in our half.

We weren’t as sharp as our performance against Derby, but I’m not surprised considering the high energy used only 3 days before. We lacked the final ball on Saturday that was all.
But Lambert is working hard with everything he has at his disposal, let’s not be quite as over dramatic as you are being.

Agree to disagree. I've stated my case, you don't agree. No point in this continuing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024