Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy enough with that. 17:04 - Feb 16 with 26470 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well done lads.

On to the next.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 17:12]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Happy enough with that. on 12:16 - Feb 18 with 3520 viewsFrimleyBlue

Happy enough with that. on 17:16 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

We were terrible. That was possibly our easiest remaining game and we never looked capable of winning it. We're really sh!te.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 17:40]

Bart opens his mouth, we win 1-0

Not sure why people are suddenly expecting us to control games. we're bottom for a season.

End of day, relegation still seems a certainty so take the positives that are there to take. Last minute goals are something Lambert was able to achieve at previous clubs and something Ipswich lacked. It was good to see that despite a poor first half, the second we were much better and had the resolve to get a point at the end.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Happy enough with that. on 13:36 - Feb 18 with 3491 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 12:16 - Feb 18 by FrimleyBlue

Bart opens his mouth, we win 1-0

Not sure why people are suddenly expecting us to control games. we're bottom for a season.

End of day, relegation still seems a certainty so take the positives that are there to take. Last minute goals are something Lambert was able to achieve at previous clubs and something Ipswich lacked. It was good to see that despite a poor first half, the second we were much better and had the resolve to get a point at the end.

Fair enough if that's your view. Did you watch the game out of interest?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Happy enough with that. on 13:42 - Feb 18 with 3485 viewsFrimleyBlue

Happy enough with that. on 13:36 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Fair enough if that's your view. Did you watch the game out of interest?

Nope. hence my reply is basked on information via the press, lambert and others. Haven't said anything that I shouldn't have as not there

Waka waka eh eh

Happy enough with that. on 13:57 - Feb 18 with 3468 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 13:42 - Feb 18 by FrimleyBlue

Nope. hence my reply is basked on information via the press, lambert and others. Haven't said anything that I shouldn't have as not there

Ah okay, cheers for telling me how I should feel about a game I was at. I'll take it on board.

Happy enough with that. on 13:59 - Feb 18 with 3465 viewsreusersfreekicks

Happy enough with that. on 09:06 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Thanks Glassers.

I acknowledge my response to the performance is partly emotional, I left the game feeling flat and disappointed despite the late equaliser. For me it was a must win game and we never looked like winning it. We didn't play well. Stoke weren't great but should have been out of reach at half time and we then huffed and puffed but failed to create anything meaningful in open play in 90 minutes. It felt like a step backwards and extinguished any faint hope of mounting a great escape for me. It was easily in our top 3 most winnable remaining fixtures.

I appreciate some fans are loving the atmosphere and togetherness and find any 'negativity' unacceptable. Personally I go to the football as a Town fan wanting Town to win or to at least look capable of winning. The atmosphere is far less important to me, I judge by what's on the pitch and what was on the pitch on Saturday was pretty poor.

Think the days of must win games have gone this season
Went on Saturday but not v Derby. As a comparison to the dark days of Hurst I thought we did ok and your analysis strikes me as rather glass half empty. Yes they created a couple of openings via Ince in the first half bit to stop them completely in the second half was a good effort despite their recent form. It's a shame we didn't create more openings but I think we are getting closer. I am disappointed with the number of points Lambert has won but am happier that we are starting to play football again after years of long ball dross.
Happy enough with that. on 14:12 - Feb 18 with 3441 viewsFrimleyBlue

Happy enough with that. on 13:57 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Ah okay, cheers for telling me how I should feel about a game I was at. I'll take it on board.

You're welcome

Waka waka eh eh

Happy enough with that. on 15:06 - Feb 18 with 3422 viewsBluesquid

Happy enough with that. on 07:55 - Feb 18 by MrTown

What are you expecting, bottom of the league, no confidence, no budget, sh!t show of summer transfer dealings. In comparison to over the 30m Stoke have spent this season alone there wasn’t a disparity between the teams.

Add some perspective.

"What are you expecting"

A performance like that which we saw against Derby, i think we were all expecting that weren't we?
Happy enough with that. on 15:50 - Feb 18 with 3395 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 15:06 - Feb 18 by Bluesquid

"What are you expecting"

A performance like that which we saw against Derby, i think we were all expecting that weren't we?

Ah well that's alright then, god only knows why we don't perform like that every single game. How dare the players drop performance level 15%. How dare us not be alongside Derby in 7th. How dare us play against the quality numbered Stoke City and not blow them away.

We are entitled to utter greatness every week as high horse Town fans.

Get a grip, were bottom of the league, no confidence whatsoever, have an awful budget, had a disastrous summer window, and we should now be expecting to outclass a Stoke team with these constant high level performances. If we could perform like Derby every game we'd be mid table, not bottom of the table.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Happy enough with that. on 15:54 - Feb 18 with 3383 viewsBluesquid

Happy enough with that. on 15:50 - Feb 18 by MrTown

Ah well that's alright then, god only knows why we don't perform like that every single game. How dare the players drop performance level 15%. How dare us not be alongside Derby in 7th. How dare us play against the quality numbered Stoke City and not blow them away.

We are entitled to utter greatness every week as high horse Town fans.

Get a grip, were bottom of the league, no confidence whatsoever, have an awful budget, had a disastrous summer window, and we should now be expecting to outclass a Stoke team with these constant high level performances. If we could perform like Derby every game we'd be mid table, not bottom of the table.

Your excuses don't add up.

"were bottom of the league, no confidence whatsoever, have an awful budget, had a disastrous summer window"

So how do you explain the outstanding Derby performance then?
Happy enough with that. on 15:56 - Feb 18 with 3373 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 15:54 - Feb 18 by Bluesquid

Your excuses don't add up.

"were bottom of the league, no confidence whatsoever, have an awful budget, had a disastrous summer window"

So how do you explain the outstanding Derby performance then?

Inconsistency, hence we are bottom of the league.

Happy enough with that. on 16:05 - Feb 18 with 3354 viewsBluesquid

Happy enough with that. on 15:56 - Feb 18 by MrTown

Inconsistency, hence we are bottom of the league.

So it's not all about budgets and awful summer windows is it?

We showed that we can play and really mix it up when we played Derby.

Perhaps fatigue was a factor, hopefully the players should be properly rested before the Wigan match.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 16:07]
Happy enough with that. on 16:35 - Feb 18 with 3330 viewspickles110564

Happy enough with that. on 13:57 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Do you think you should take a break from the board m8, everything seems to be getting on top of you.
Happy enough with that. on 16:42 - Feb 18 with 3321 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 16:05 - Feb 18 by Bluesquid

So it's not all about budgets and awful summer windows is it?

We showed that we can play and really mix it up when we played Derby.

Perhaps fatigue was a factor, hopefully the players should be properly rested before the Wigan match.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 16:07]

If we had had the financial power of Stoke in the summer and vice versa, Saturday would have been a different story. So of they play a part throughout a season, there is no doubt there is ability in the squad, a lot young so inconsistency is even more prominent in their game.

To be slating the performance against Stoke given what and where we are is nearly laughable.

Happy enough with that. on 16:44 - Feb 18 with 3317 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 16:42 - Feb 18 by MrTown

If we had had the financial power of Stoke in the summer and vice versa, Saturday would have been a different story. So of they play a part throughout a season, there is no doubt there is ability in the squad, a lot young so inconsistency is even more prominent in their game.

To be slating the performance against Stoke given what and where we are is nearly laughable.

What were your views when Mick used to talk about disparity in finances out of interest?

Happy enough with that. on 16:48 - Feb 18 with 3307 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 16:44 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

What were your views when Mick used to talk about disparity in finances out of interest?

Factual, unarguably factual.

Important to keep in mind disparity in the 2017-18 squad and the 2018-19 squad.

Happy enough with that. on 16:52 - Feb 18 with 3298 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 16:48 - Feb 18 by MrTown

Factual, unarguably factual.

Important to keep in mind disparity in the 2017-18 squad and the 2018-19 squad.

Disparity as in the 2018/19 squad cost more, you mean?

It’s almost like the transfer cost of a Championship side isn’t the best barometer
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 16:52]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Happy enough with that. on 16:56 - Feb 18 with 3284 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 16:52 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Disparity as in the 2018/19 squad cost more, you mean?

It’s almost like the transfer cost of a Championship side isn’t the best barometer
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 16:52]

It's a false naive argument, it's more logical to assess what we see from the players that left, and the performances the new players produce.

The cost of the squad is not the be all and all of success. But having a few extra pounds certainly helps more than clubs who don't. But it's not the only barometer.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 16:57]

Happy enough with that. on 17:04 - Feb 18 with 3268 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 16:56 - Feb 18 by MrTown

It's a false naive argument, it's more logical to assess what we see from the players that left, and the performances the new players produce.

The cost of the squad is not the be all and all of success. But having a few extra pounds certainly helps more than clubs who don't. But it's not the only barometer.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 16:57]

Any chance of that in English?

Happy enough with that. on 17:11 - Feb 18 with 3262 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 17:04 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Any chance of that in English?

For an uneducated person like you, I can put it simpler:

- the players we had 17/18 very very good, players we have 2018-19 are sh*tter. Cost is irrelevant.

Better?

Happy enough with that. on 17:12 - Feb 18 with 3258 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 17:11 - Feb 18 by MrTown

For an uneducated person like you, I can put it simpler:

- the players we had 17/18 very very good, players we have 2018-19 are sh*tter. Cost is irrelevant.

Better?

Great, so why do you keep banging on about the cost of the Stoke squad then?

Happy enough with that. on 17:18 - Feb 18 with 3246 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 17:12 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Great, so why do you keep banging on about the cost of the Stoke squad then?

Because their squad is better on the field than ours, their players are better quality than ours.

Happy enough with that. on 17:21 - Feb 18 with 3238 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 17:18 - Feb 18 by MrTown

Because their squad is better on the field than ours, their players are better quality than ours.

And yet over the last 12 matches they’ve only been 1 point better than us. Not unreasonable to have expected us to beat them at home

Even if Sam Clucas did cost loads

Happy enough with that. on 17:23 - Feb 18 with 3229 viewsMrTown

Happy enough with that. on 17:21 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And yet over the last 12 matches they’ve only been 1 point better than us. Not unreasonable to have expected us to beat them at home

Even if Sam Clucas did cost loads

Hence why you're deluded, and more evidence that you have been to very few if any games this season.

Sense of entitlement to beat a team like Stoke home or away is comical. Let alone to be proud of what we actually showed on Saturday.

Happy enough with that. on 17:24 - Feb 18 with 3226 viewsHerbivore

Happy enough with that. on 17:18 - Feb 18 by MrTown

They haven't looked it by and large. It's almost like your argument is all over the place.

Happy enough with that. on 17:27 - Feb 18 with 3213 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy enough with that. on 17:23 - Feb 18 by MrTown

Hence why you're deluded, and more evidence that you have been to very few if any games this season.

Sense of entitlement to beat a team like Stoke home or away is comical. Let alone to be proud of what we actually showed on Saturday.

‘A team like Stoke’ - what do you mean by that exactly?

I already answered the attending games point, try again on that one

Quite amused by how angry you get when someone disagrees with you btw, keep it up champ

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024