Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done TWTD 22:14 - Oct 29 with 11327 viewsDyland

It was written in the stars that Hurst would turn out to be a spectacular failure, be fired, and we could then have a mass debate about who was worse, Keane, Jewell or Hurst.

Arf.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Well done TWTD on 22:17 - Oct 29 with 6377 viewsPJH

Well at least that makes it a three way race.

I don't think there can be a definitive answer until we know exactly how much damage Hurst did and that may not be until next May.
Well done TWTD on 22:18 - Oct 29 with 6366 viewsReuser_is_God

Well done TWTD on 22:17 - Oct 29 by PJH

I don't think there can be a definitive answer until we know exactly how much damage Hurst did and that may not be until next May.

It’s clearly Hurst.

At least Keane & Jewell provided us some good players & decent runs of form.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Well done TWTD on 22:20 - Oct 29 with 6352 viewsDubtractor

Well done TWTD on 22:18 - Oct 29 by Reuser_is_God

It’s clearly Hurst.

Yep, Hurst has at least saved any further debate on the Keane vs Jewell theme by inexplicably being worse than either of them.

Miles worse.

Utter disaster.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well done TWTD on 22:20 - Oct 29 with 6353 viewsJ2BLUE

After the excitement of the summer when we got a young manager who was scouring the lower leagues there's now plenty of people sticking the boot into Evans for getting it wrong. It's a joke. Then they wonder why Evans won't put millions in to satisfy their 'ambition'. Cretins.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well done TWTD on 22:22 - Oct 29 with 6331 viewsPJH

It’s clearly Hurst.

My vote goes to Hurst too but if we do survive this season the damage that he did might not be as long term as that done by Keane and Jewell.
Well done TWTD on 22:26 - Oct 29 with 6289 viewsReuser_is_God

Well done TWTD on 22:22 - Oct 29 by PJH

My vote goes to Hurst too but if we do survive this season the damage that he did might not be as long term as that done by Keane and Jewell.

It that’s only because he was SO bad that he had to be sacked so soon.

Get your point though.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

totes, same old innit (n/t) on 22:27 - Oct 29 with 6282 viewsDyland

Well done TWTD on 22:20 - Oct 29 by J2BLUE

After the excitement of the summer when we got a young manager who was scouring the lower leagues there's now plenty of people sticking the boot into Evans for getting it wrong. It's a joke. Then they wonder why Evans won't put millions in to satisfy their 'ambition'. Cretins.

Well done TWTD on 22:27 - Oct 29 with 6282 viewsGuthrum

It’s clearly Hurst.

Hurst may yet turn out to have hired some decent players. But in overall terms, he probably is still the worst of those three.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Well done TWTD on 23:05 - Oct 29 with 6136 viewsfactual_blue

Well done TWTD on 22:20 - Oct 29 by J2BLUE

'BCWYWF'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Well done TWTD on 23:14 - Oct 29 with 6113 viewsPinewoodblue

Just need Lambert to sign a striker who is better than Counago and Kuqi.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Well done TWTD on 08:00 - Oct 30 with 5835 viewssolemio

No mass debating on here please.
Well done TWTD on 08:05 - Oct 30 with 5813 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Well done TWTD on 22:17 - Oct 29 by PJH

No, it’s Hurst

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Well done TWTD on 08:07 - Oct 30 with 5803 viewswkj

Well done TWTD on 08:05 - Oct 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

No, it’s Hurst

Without a shadow of a doubt, it is Hurst. I have no doubt he can be a great manager, but he learnt (at our expense) To be great, one must learn the changes and adapt their solutions- rather than solve bigger problems with the same solutions.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Well done TWTD on 08:09 - Oct 30 with 5795 viewsCurrie10

Keane x Jewell = Hurst
Well done TWTD on 08:18 - Oct 30 with 5780 viewsOsborneOneNil

Football is a funny ol game though. I’m convinced that if we’d had a timely slice of good fortune at Rotherham, scored during our good start at Exeter, pinched a deserved win with 10 men at home to Villa, scored a second when 1-0 up and on top against Norwich, held on at Brum....we could/would be lookin at a totally different situation with Hurst as our manager.

He took a massive punt on wholesale changes, and the squad needed some early wins to get the belief. We didn’t, and it went south due to that.
Well done TWTD on 08:39 - Oct 30 with 5720 viewsBackToRussia

Well done TWTD on 08:18 - Oct 30 by OsborneOneNil

Football is a funny ol game though. I’m convinced that if we’d had a timely slice of good fortune at Rotherham, scored during our good start at Exeter, pinched a deserved win with 10 men at home to Villa, scored a second when 1-0 up and on top against Norwich, held on at Brum....we could/would be lookin at a totally different situation with Hurst as our manager.

He took a massive punt on wholesale changes, and the squad needed some early wins to get the belief. We didn’t, and it went south due to that.

That's what Klug said, and apparently Hurst completely ignored Klug, so if anyone had an axe to grind it'd be him

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Well done TWTD on 08:45 - Oct 30 with 5700 viewsOsborneOneNil

Well done TWTD on 08:39 - Oct 30 by BackToRussia

That's what Klug said, and apparently Hurst completely ignored Klug, so if anyone had an axe to grind it'd be him

True, isn’t it.

Hurst ignored Klug, on what?
Well done TWTD on 08:53 - Oct 30 with 5650 viewsBackToRussia

Well done TWTD on 08:45 - Oct 30 by OsborneOneNil

True, isn’t it.

Hurst ignored Klug, on what?

I'd say so. The players needed something early on to inspire them behind Hurst - a manager coming in from a level below, especially. As it was they probably lost all confidence in him after about 6 weeks. I don't think it was that crazy to let Waghorn go, but it was always going to be a defining decision for his reign.

Re Klug - rumour mill is that a la Keane, Hurst didn't take any advice given to him by Klug on the younger players. Probably just one of those things that comes out of the woodwork when things are going badly though.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Well done TWTD on 08:55 - Oct 30 with 5643 viewsjayceee

----- M ----- W ----- L ----- D ----- %W
PH: 15 ----- 1 ----- 7 ----- 7 ----- 6.7
RK: 81 ---- 28 --- 25 ---- 28 --- 34.6
PJ : 86 ---- 30 --- 18 ---- 38 --- 34.9

PH was a disaster, but the sort order would be different if it was about likeability.
Well done TWTD on 10:26 - Oct 30 with 5551 viewschicoazul

Well done TWTD on 22:20 - Oct 29 by Dubtractor

Yep, Hurst has at least saved any further debate on the Keane vs Jewell theme by inexplicably being worse than either of them.

Miles worse.

Utter disaster.

This is the correct opinion.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well done TWTD on 11:23 - Oct 30 with 5459 viewsSamWhiteUK

The BCWYWF clan are most certainly having a mass debate
I totally agree on 13:48 - Oct 30 with 5330 viewsDyland

Well done TWTD on 08:18 - Oct 30 by OsborneOneNil

Nonetheless, football is littered with the what ifs across every club and manager. Though some are obviously crap and simply not cut out for management, e.g. Tony Adams. Goes without saying that Hurst is not in that group, and I reckon he'll have some success still. Whether that can be consistently in the second or even top division will depend on what he takes from the ITFC experience.

Without knowing the bloke, he deserves the benefit of the doubt that inside he knows precisely what he needs to do different in the future. He should be under no illusions however as to the extent of the failure of him and Doig at ITFC, and that it's his failure when all is said and done, whatever mitigating factors can be pointed at.

Well done TWTD on 13:49 - Oct 30 with 5321 viewsjjblue84

We’ll never know!
On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 13:51 - Oct 30 with 5313 viewsDyland

Well done TWTD on 13:49 - Oct 30 by jjblue84

We’ll never know!

I'm still voting for Keane, as ridiculous as that sounds on 13:59 - Oct 30 with 5291 viewsDyland

Well done TWTD on 10:26 - Oct 30 by chicoazul

This is the correct opinion.

what with all the other factors.

It's actually very, very hard to separate any of the three.

Dear oh dear!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024