Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Hurst resign first?. 10:59 - Sep 17 with 3455 viewsmarcus1642

There has been talk about the possibility of Hurst being sacked. If the situation continues to decline, does anybody think he will resign?
Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:01 - Sep 17 with 3423 viewsTIB

I really don't think its healthy discussing resignations / sackings so early into his tenure. We know how much change the squad has seen and how late some of those signings arrived. That said, if we get to Christmas and are more than six points from safety then such discussions should happen.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:02 - Sep 17 with 3416 viewsstewartm

Some posters are commenting on perhaps PH loss of conviction, so for me the answer to your question would definitely be Yes! I hope PH Ipswich team win the next game and start picking up from there (and I look forward o being ripped to pieces on here) and the start to the season would become just a bad memory.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:04 - Sep 17 with 3391 viewsstewartm

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:01 - Sep 17 by TIB

I really don't think its healthy discussing resignations / sackings so early into his tenure. We know how much change the squad has seen and how late some of those signings arrived. That said, if we get to Christmas and are more than six points from safety then such discussions should happen.

I would have agreed to this comment up until the Hull selection and performance, alarm bells are seriously ringing. Being loyal to a manager who has some signs of promise, fair enough! need I say more?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:09 - Sep 17 with 3355 viewsEdmundo

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:04 - Sep 17 by stewartm

I would have agreed to this comment up until the Hull selection and performance, alarm bells are seriously ringing. Being loyal to a manager who has some signs of promise, fair enough! need I say more?

How long did it take Keane to get going that first season? We gave him all the time in the world (weel, a whole season and a bit anyhow) - if we start rounding on Hurst now it's not only unfair, it will make it seem like we're online going to give "celebrity" managers time. That's not the Ipswich way. I for one will give him till Christmas; we'll pick up a few wins. If by some fluke we are winless after 10 games maybe there's grounds for more panic.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:11 - Sep 17 with 3337 viewsstewartm

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:09 - Sep 17 by Edmundo

How long did it take Keane to get going that first season? We gave him all the time in the world (weel, a whole season and a bit anyhow) - if we start rounding on Hurst now it's not only unfair, it will make it seem like we're online going to give "celebrity" managers time. That's not the Ipswich way. I for one will give him till Christmas; we'll pick up a few wins. If by some fluke we are winless after 10 games maybe there's grounds for more panic.

If we pick up a few wins (regardless of how we win) then I totally agree with you and others about giving him time, my opinion is we will not win nothing as it stands! there is the major problem and the main reason why he has to go very quickly!

ps- even if we do not win a game all season and our club is a laughing stock I would still rate PH higher than Roy (I nearly killed Ipswich) Keane!
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 11:14]

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:23 - Sep 17 with 3285 viewsBiGDonnie

Hopefully.

Still, him doing so will still leave us in the sh*t with all his average players still under contract.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:46 - Sep 17 with 3203 viewsDarth_Koont

Well said.

We're not doing well enough but I bet Hurst and the squad know that more than anyone else. The last thing we need is the fanbase getting too nervy far too quickly or this season could be a car crash that sets us back years.

Here's hoping the positive and supportive atmosphere holds up over the next two games, especially if a player makes a mistake or we're behind at half-time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:49 - Sep 17 with 3188 viewschicoazul

He won't resign. His reputation would be in tatters if he did. He has bought all these players, sold all those players, brought all the staff in, spent good money on the fitness side. If he quit after doing all that good luck finding a Chairman willing to take him on. He would also (I imagine) lose a payout if he resigned and it's not like he is a wealthy ex-pro like Lampard.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:53 - Sep 17 with 3151 viewsJ2BLUE

'talk about the possibility of Hurst being sacked'

Yes from a few selected idiots. This is the danger of social media/forums. A few idiots comment, a few more repeat it and suddenly it seems a genuine possibility to quite a few people.

He's not going to be sacked any time soon. Anyone with any knowledge of the club knows Evans won't be sacking unless we're seriously cut adrift at Christmas. Even Jewell had to quit before we got MM in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:57 - Sep 17 with 3125 viewsITFCBlues

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:46 - Sep 17 by Darth_Koont

Well said.

We're not doing well enough but I bet Hurst and the squad know that more than anyone else. The last thing we need is the fanbase getting too nervy far too quickly or this season could be a car crash that sets us back years.

Here's hoping the positive and supportive atmosphere holds up over the next two games, especially if a player makes a mistake or we're behind at half-time.

Agree. What a joke it is that this stuff is even being talked about after 7 games.

People just don’t have the nerve for change.

We shouldn’t have let Mick go is the brutal reality. You can see where this is going though. People already bed wetting. Just a matter of when the athmosphere changes and becomes toxic again

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 3110 viewsPJH

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:46 - Sep 17 by Darth_Koont

Well said.

But at this moment in time we are very nearly set back 6 years to the point where MM was needed to sort the mess out.

If it goes on for not too much longer there will be the need for someone very much like MM to step in to try to perform the same trick.

Tomorrow nights atmosphere should hold up but more so because of the loss of The Beat than because of what has recently been happening on the pitch.
Not sure what the atmosphere might be like on Saturday if tomorrow's result is not good.
Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 3105 viewspickles110564

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:53 - Sep 17 by J2BLUE

Yes from a few selected idiots. This is the danger of social media/forums. A few idiots comment, a few more repeat it and suddenly it seems a genuine possibility to quite a few people.

He's not going to be sacked any time soon. Anyone with any knowledge of the club knows Evans won't be sacking unless we're seriously cut adrift at Christmas. Even Jewell had to quit before we got MM in.

I do like you and the sense you post.
Will Hurst resign first?. on 12:16 - Sep 17 with 2997 viewsSwansea_Blue

Aye, idiotic talk about Hurst being sacked. We know how ME operates, he gives his managers time. We know we've just overhauled the whole squad on a shoestring; sacking Hurst makes no sense whatsoever as anyone else coming in wouldn't be able to stamp their mark until January, and then around we go again. Hurst will be given time to rebuild, and (maybe) ME will also realise he needs to spend a bit in January to replace the quality players we've lost in the last year or two.

And of course he isn't going to walk.

What's happened to people's patience these days?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 12:17 - Sep 17 with 2981 viewschicoazul

Again this is entirely rhetorical but for me, if he lost the next 4 games in a row he would get sacked.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 12:17 - Sep 17 with 2980 viewsCurrie10

Very few managers in their right mind would resign - as soon as you do that, any compensation owed to you is no longer owed - so no, he clearly won't be resigning.
Will Hurst resign first?. on 12:45 - Sep 17 with 2878 viewsMoriarty

I was reading through Popeye’s thread and noted the comment by itfcjoe. It’s an observation I agree with. He’s certainly not calling for Hurst’s head but acknowledges anyone suggesting Evans will afford Hurst an indefinite period of time may be in for a rude awakening. I would certainly never suggest joe is an idiot.

There is a difference between expressing concerns and calling for his head.

I’d be surprised if Evans isn’t concerned. We know he’s no Trump when it comes to button pressing but there will be a limit to his forebearance, as joe mentioned.

Hurst wasn’t my number one choice, but any fair minded person can see why he was chosen. I really hope he turns it around and becomes a great success.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 12:50]

fka omuircheartaigh

Will Hurst resign first?. on 12:47 - Sep 17 with 2852 viewsDarth_Koont

Will Hurst resign first?. on 12:45 - Sep 17 by Moriarty

I was reading through Popeye’s thread and noted the comment by itfcjoe. It’s an observation I agree with. He’s certainly not calling for Hurst’s head but acknowledges anyone suggesting Evans will afford Hurst an indefinite period of time may be in for a rude awakening. I would certainly never suggest joe is an idiot.

There is a difference between expressing concerns and calling for his head.

I’d be surprised if Evans isn’t concerned. We know he’s no Trump when it comes to button pressing but there will be a limit to his forebearance, as joe mentioned.

Hurst wasn’t my number one choice, but any fair minded person can see why he was chosen. I really hope he turns it around and becomes a great success.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 12:50]

Hear hear.

Pronouns: He/Him

Will Hurst resign first?. on 12:50 - Sep 17 with 2828 viewsFrimleyBlue

Was interesting though that the majority of that press conference was how was Hurst feeling, could he be worried about future etc.

It's not just some of us on here thinking the same.........

For what a 20 minute press conference, about 15 of it was about his future or how it's not worked etc

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Will Hurst resign first?. on 13:22 - Sep 17 with 2678 viewsSwansea_Blue

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:59 - Sep 17 by pickles110564

I do like you and the sense you post.

This could be the start of something beautiful....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 13:42 - Sep 17 with 2577 viewsJimmyJazz

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:09 - Sep 17 by Edmundo

10 games? You do realise that's only 3 games away. Don't see us beating Brentford so that puts a lot of emphasis on us beating Bolton on Saturday. Birmingham away will probably be just like Hull

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 13:47 - Sep 17 with 2554 viewsTIB

Will Hurst resign first?. on 12:50 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

Was interesting though that the majority of that press conference was how was Hurst feeling, could he be worried about future etc.

It's not just some of us on here thinking the same.........

For what a 20 minute press conference, about 15 of it was about his future or how it's not worked etc

Hurst shouldn't be worried as he knows ME will give him time, unlike most owners these days. Remember, Hurst gets asked questions which he has to answer (to an extent) and after a poor start like we've had, questions about his future are the obvious choice for journo's to create a bit of drama.

Some big games coming up and I think Chambo will have fired the lads up after Hull and we'll go and get a point at least tomorrow and wins against Bolton and Birmingham.

Will Hurst resign first?. on 13:50 - Sep 17 with 2541 viewsFrimleyBlue

Will Hurst resign first?. on 13:47 - Sep 17 by TIB

Hurst shouldn't be worried as he knows ME will give him time, unlike most owners these days. Remember, Hurst gets asked questions which he has to answer (to an extent) and after a poor start like we've had, questions about his future are the obvious choice for journo's to create a bit of drama.

Some big games coming up and I think Chambo will have fired the lads up after Hull and we'll go and get a point at least tomorrow and wins against Bolton and Birmingham.

"I think Chambo will have fired the lads up after Hull"

Don't you think
1 - Hurst should be doing that
2 - Why weren't we fired up for the Hull Match!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Will Hurst resign first?. on 13:59 - Sep 17 with 2504 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Will Hurst resign first?. on 11:57 - Sep 17 by ITFCBlues

Agree. What a joke it is that this stuff is even being talked about after 7 games.

People just don’t have the nerve for change.

We shouldn’t have let Mick go is the brutal reality. You can see where this is going though. People already bed wetting. Just a matter of when the athmosphere changes and becomes toxic again

2 points from 7 games bed wetting? MM had to go, the football was awful. If we haven't won after 12 games then even 'patient' Ipswich are likely to give him the boot. Let's hope he can jump start things starting tomorrow.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Will Hurst resign first?. on 14:06 - Sep 17 with 2477 viewsTIB

Will Hurst resign first?. on 13:50 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

"I think Chambo will have fired the lads up after Hull"

Don't you think
1 - Hurst should be doing that
2 - Why weren't we fired up for the Hull Match!

I'm sure they were but an early goal is always deflating. Hurst will be doing his best but sometimes the captain can have just a big affect on the squad as the manager.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024