Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know this probably isn't a surprise 13:55 - Feb 19 with 25169 viewsclive_baker

and I'm not one for 'def info', but I was having a beer over the weekend with someone who's very much in the know when it comes to ITFC, at a senior level.

He told me that MM is 100% leaving in the summer. Said there's no appetite from ME and co to extend his stay here and even if Mick was open to it. Search is already underway for his successor and the club is hoping to announce something before the end of the season.

Interestingly also mentioned the disconnect between MM and Town fans is a big concern to ME, and this was 24 hours prior to him telling us to fk off.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 10:59 - Mar 19 with 5064 viewssoupytwist

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 09:17 - Mar 19 by J4ck22

Could be Steven Gerrard, who's currently managing Liverpool's U18s?

Although I'm really not sure I fancy a gamble on a big name player with little or no management experience...

Gerrard won't go anywhere more than 30 minutes travel from Merseyside. If he really wants to get some experience at a lower level before taking up his anointed place as Liverpool manager he's got plenty of options closer to home.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 11:07 - Mar 19 with 5048 viewsRyorry

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 08:15 - Mar 19 by Radlett_blue

Appointing anyone with close to zero coaching experience is a huge gamble & hopefully one Evans won't take. As far as Campbell is concerned, it seems he is incredibly arrogant so if he did get the job, at the first sing of trouble he would probably be on his way. That's one of the problems with former top PL players - most of them are so wealthy that I'm not sure they would be really committed.
I'd far rather we appointed a promising manger who had some success in League 1 or 2.

Quite. The 'Burley route' was obviously highly successful. The 'former Prem players' route got us Roy Keane! and he'd at least had some initial success with Sunderland, didn't come to us with zero experience!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 11:07]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 11:11 - Mar 19 with 5030 viewsJ2BLUE

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 09:09 - Mar 19 by clive_baker

He didn’t say it was someone with no managerial experience to be fair. He just said it was a household name from their playing career. I guess Roy Keane would’ve fitted that description, and he had some managerial experience and a promotion under his belt. Shearer came to mind, but I’m guessing completely.

No mention of Steijn. He’s cagey though, I don’t really know him, he’s a friend of a friend and clearly knows he shouldn’t say too much. Similarly I felt uncomfortable pressing, I’m not a journo at the end of the day so I had to make it all feel relaxed and conversational. We spent more time talking about holidays.

Tim Sherwood!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 11:18 - Mar 19 with 5009 viewstextbackup

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 08:48 - Mar 19 by itfcjoe

Sol Campbell would be a disaster. For someone with so much top level experience he seems so clueless.

Has he even done coaching badges, he certainly hasn't done any coaching. He was trying to be a Tory london mayor recently, and is just so aloof.

I don't know if anyone watches the debate on Sky Sports, but he comes across so badly on that.

Out of the ex players trying to get into a managerial ole, Craig Bellamy seems to be the most clued up - but don't think he'd work here!

He’s be best mates with Dyer, there is a connection

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 11:27 - Mar 19 with 4981 viewslongtimefan

The more i read this thread (if true) the more disdain I feel for the owner and employees of our club. Anyone circulating info on the employment status of others without that person being informed is the lowest of the low! Quite possibly a dismissal offence in many companies.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 11:48 - Mar 19 with 4935 viewsRyorry

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 11:27 - Mar 19 by longtimefan

The more i read this thread (if true) the more disdain I feel for the owner and employees of our club. Anyone circulating info on the employment status of others without that person being informed is the lowest of the low! Quite possibly a dismissal offence in many companies.

Only if what was said is true.

Must say I was surprised at one identifier being revealed, that should be edited out imho.

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:16 - Mar 19 with 4877 viewsitfcjoe

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 09:00 - Mar 19 by soupytwist

Interesting article on this subject here, which includes both Campbell and Bellamy content -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/26/sol-campbell-oxford-united-crai

If we decide to go for a slightly bonkers recently retired player with little managerial experience I wouldn't be adverse to Bellamy funnily enough.

I listen to that podcast mentioned and they both speak very highly of Bellamy, he may be a bit combustible but he is very, very interested in being a manager and is preparing himself so well for it from everything I hear/read - someone will get a good manager when he gets a job. It may not last and he may not be able to curb the excesses of his personality but I wouldn't bet against him being a success

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:22 - Mar 19 with 4855 viewsclive_baker

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 11:48 - Mar 19 by Ryorry

Only if what was said is true.

Must say I was surprised at one identifier being revealed, that should be edited out imho.

That was also, I hasten to add, wide of the mark.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:24 - Mar 19 with 4836 viewsBluebell

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 10:59 - Mar 19 by soupytwist

Gerrard won't go anywhere more than 30 minutes travel from Merseyside. If he really wants to get some experience at a lower level before taking up his anointed place as Liverpool manager he's got plenty of options closer to home.

Inside information.

Stephen Gerrard was interviewed for the Oxford United manager's job last week.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:26 - Mar 19 with 4822 viewsLord_Lucan

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:24 - Mar 19 by Bluebell

Inside information.

Really?

Must say I find that unlikely - although I am not ITK

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:27 - Mar 19 with 4812 viewsBluebell

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:26 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

Really?

Must say I find that unlikely - although I am not ITK

I can even tell you the hotel he stayed at in Thame!
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:28 - Mar 19 with 4814 viewsPJH

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:22 - Mar 19 by clive_baker

That was also, I hasten to add, wide of the mark.

If we were playing a guess who the source is,which we are not,I have a good idea who it might be-they were certainly at Bristol on Saturday.
Even if it is who I think it is(or even if it isn't) I do not think that they should really be giving out this information to anyone whether the info eventually proves to be correct or not.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:32 - Mar 19 with 4788 viewsRyorry

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:28 - Mar 19 by PJH

If we were playing a guess who the source is,which we are not,I have a good idea who it might be-they were certainly at Bristol on Saturday.
Even if it is who I think it is(or even if it isn't) I do not think that they should really be giving out this information to anyone whether the info eventually proves to be correct or not.

Agree. I didn't mean if the supposed 'info' were true, I meant if the meeting were true (I've no beef with CB, but people post up spoof stuff all the time).

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:37 - Mar 19 with 4770 viewsSuperfrans

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 10:14 - Mar 19 by clive_baker

Arsenal need to get over themselves and appoint Sean Dyche. His Burnley side represents everything Arsenal lack.

If they went for an English manager, Eddie Howe would be the obvious fit.

But they won't, they'll hire someone from France or Italy who will be an absolute disaster.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:45 - Mar 19 with 4738 viewsBluebell

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:28 - Mar 19 by PJH

It wasn't me!

Nobody should be giving out this sort of information.

I do find it hard to believe that this sort of thing would be discussed with all and sundry.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:49 - Mar 19 with 4717 viewsPJH

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:45 - Mar 19 by Bluebell

It wasn't me!

Nobody should be giving out this sort of information.

I do find it hard to believe that this sort of thing would be discussed with all and sundry.

Actually it did cross my mind to put in my post that I did not think the source was Bluebell.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:18 - Mar 19 with 4656 viewssoupytwist

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 12:24 - Mar 19 by Bluebell

Inside information.

Like LL I am surprised to hear that, but if you know it to be true fair enough.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:25 - Mar 19 with 4631 viewsmaccyd9

Would love Bellamy.

My mate worked in his foundation in Sierre Leone and said that he was an incredibly nice guy who just loved football.

Watching him regularly on the debate enforces that. He is so passionate and talks so well.

The ex scum would not phase me at all. Get Bellamy and Dyer together.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:48 - Mar 19 with 4572 viewsKieran_Knows

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:25 - Mar 19 by maccyd9

Would love Bellamy.

My mate worked in his foundation in Sierre Leone and said that he was an incredibly nice guy who just loved football.

Watching him regularly on the debate enforces that. He is so passionate and talks so well.

Bellamy was going to take Dyer to Oxford with him as assistant, IIRC (until the move broke down).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:53 - Mar 19 with 4553 viewsSpruceMoose

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 07:42 - Mar 19 by evansblue

About 6 weeks ago someone told me we were interested In Sol Campbell. I looked him up to see what he was up to these days and he had just been turned down for the Oxford job so gave it no more thought. If you google him there are lots of interviews from him stating his desire to get in to Mgmt and bemoaning his lack of opportunities. Who knows but it links to your story and why not give him a chance.

<a href=" https://imgflip.com/i/1ovjew"> src=" https://i.imgflip.com/1ovjew.jpg" title="made at imgflip.com"/></a>

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:58 - Mar 19 with 4543 viewsSuperfrans

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:25 - Mar 19 by maccyd9

Would love Bellamy.

I'm highly suspicious of Bellamy.

He was a nasty little scrote as a player. He's spent a lot of time on TV in recent weeks, clearly trying to reposition himself as some deep-thinking football man. It is all pretty transparent -
it's all about building a career as a manager.

Anyone who thinks Mick is an arrogant, stubborn SoB, can't surely be serious about Bellamy??

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 14:08 - Mar 19 with 4508 viewsReuser_is_God

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:58 - Mar 19 by Superfrans

He was a nasty little scrote as a player. He's spent a lot of time on TV in recent weeks, clearly trying to reposition himself as some deep-thinking football man. It is all pretty transparent -

Anyone who thinks Mick is an arrogant, stubborn SoB, can't surely be serious about Bellamy??

I’ll pass judgment on that when/if Bellamy fuels this much angst between him & the supoorters of the club he’s managing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 14:09 - Mar 19 with 4494 viewsBurwell_Blue

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:58 - Mar 19 by Superfrans

Would have loved to have him in our team that’s for sure.
I know this probably isn't a surprise on 14:20 - Mar 19 with 4455 viewsTheBlueBarca

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:57 - Feb 19 by WD19

ME going with the ‘I didn’t want to go out with you anymore anyway’ approach to being jilted then.

The only thing ME doesn't go out with is his wallet.

If he genuinely cared he'd have paid out for Mick to leave and brought someone else in. The fans have been secondary to Evans since his arrival, and his next appointment will still have to work within the same tight budget.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 17:44 - Mar 19 with 4328 viewsbluejacko

I know this probably isn't a surprise on 13:53 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

<a href=" https://imgflip.com/i/1ovjew"> src=" https://i.imgflip.com/1ovjew.jpg" title="made at imgflip.com"/></a>

Did anyone else hear Campbell’s car crash rant on Arsenals podcast? Came across rrather deranged actually!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024