Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“2-0, oh tremendous!” 01:29 - Jun 23 with 3111 viewsIllinoisblue

Brenner’s commentary for Hirst’s goal at Barnsley still sending a shiver down my spine.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 06:43 - Jun 23 with 2941 viewsITFC_Forever

That can’t be right. Brenner hates Ipswich and cries every time we score, while wildly celebrating any opposition goal…

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 07:19 - Jun 23 with 2888 viewsKieran_Knows

I cannot tell you how many times I’ve watched ‘Town in 5’ back from that Barnsley game. Just unreal.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 08:38 - Jun 23 with 2743 viewsSaigonTractor

That goal is my favourite we've scored in about 15 years. For me that's when we clinched promotion.

Edit: Sorry for the accidental downvote! Fat thumbs.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 11:56]
“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 08:39 - Jun 23 with 2734 viewsKieran_Knows

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 08:38 - Jun 23 by SaigonTractor

That goal is my favourite we've scored in about 15 years. For me that's when we clinched promotion.

It's the way Hirst keeps pushing Andersen off with his left hand/arm which makes the goal for me.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 08:43 - Jun 23 with 2719 viewsmonkeymagic

Couldn’t agree more. I rarely jump up and down shouting while listening to Radio Suffolk but I certainly did when that goal went in. Another highlight for me was Mathie’s YES outburst at Derby.
“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:01 - Jun 23 with 2653 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 07:19 - Jun 23 by Kieran_Knows

I cannot tell you how many times I’ve watched ‘Town in 5’ back from that Barnsley game. Just unreal.

Just rewatched it... can't believe I'd forgotten we even had the luxury of missing a pen in what was one of the latter games I was fearing we'd come unstuck in.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:01 - Jun 23 with 2656 viewsGeoffSentence

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 08:43 - Jun 23 by monkeymagic

Couldn’t agree more. I rarely jump up and down shouting while listening to Radio Suffolk but I certainly did when that goal went in. Another highlight for me was Mathie’s YES outburst at Derby.

Mathie does do a good 'YES', I'd go as far as to say he is the master of the 'YES'. His 'YES' when Counago scored the last second winner against Covenry a few years ago should be considered the type specimen for a passionate 'YES'.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:08 - Jun 23 with 2615 viewsSwansea_Blue

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 08:39 - Jun 23 by Kieran_Knows

It's the way Hirst keeps pushing Andersen off with his left hand/arm which makes the goal for me.

I wish we could sign him. I've seen people hon here saying we need better because he's not proven in this league, but he grew with us last season and I'm sure he could push on with us again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:09 - Jun 23 with 2607 viewsSteve_M

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 08:38 - Jun 23 by SaigonTractor

Yes, it's my absolute highlight of the season for the same reason. Chaplin's first against Exeter is just behind.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:10 - Jun 23 with 2596 viewsSteve_M

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:08 - Jun 23 by Swansea_Blue

I wish we could sign him. I've seen people hon here saying we need better because he's not proven in this league, but he grew with us last season and I'm sure he could push on with us again.

Yes. Worked really well here, fitted in as part of the group and was successful.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:14 - Jun 23 with 2581 viewsgainsboroughblue

It was that little pause before the '2-0' that got me. As much as from the commentary, it was clear he was bearing down on goal, it didn't sound clear cut and obviously had work to do, but then boom.

Like someone else said higher up, when I hear we score on the radio, I do a clenched fist to myself but for this one, it was a jump up from my seat and walk round my flat going 'yes. F#### get in there' several times.

Superb night. Can only imagine how amazing it must have been for the 5k.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:21 - Jun 23 with 2555 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Brenner really is a superb commentator.

Streets ahead of that guy on I follow.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:23 - Jun 23 with 2544 viewsSwansea_Blue

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:21 - Jun 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

Brenner really is a superb commentator.

Streets ahead of that guy on I follow.

I'm warming to the guy on iFollow, and they have some cracking co-commentators (well, Westie anyway). But yes, Brenner is at the top of his craft. He's very good.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:32 - Jun 23 with 2509 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:23 - Jun 23 by Swansea_Blue

I'm warming to the guy on iFollow, and they have some cracking co-commentators (well, Westie anyway). But yes, Brenner is at the top of his craft. He's very good.

I don't think he's bad by any means but just slightly cringe. I don't like the pre rehearsed lines he shouts when we score. Doesn't feel genuine.

But as you say they have some brilliant co Comms. Westy is great. Tommy Miller did a few and was really good.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:32 - Jun 23 with 2506 viewsITFC_Forever

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:14 - Jun 23 by gainsboroughblue

It was that little pause before the '2-0' that got me. As much as from the commentary, it was clear he was bearing down on goal, it didn't sound clear cut and obviously had work to do, but then boom.

Like someone else said higher up, when I hear we score on the radio, I do a clenched fist to myself but for this one, it was a jump up from my seat and walk round my flat going 'yes. F#### get in there' several times.

Superb night. Can only imagine how amazing it must have been for the 5k.

It was amazing.

One of those away games that will live long in the memory, as well as Bolton, Derby and Peterborough from last season.

They're up there with Liverpool, Southend and Oxford from 1992, and the best of the Burley years. (edit; and Chaplow at Watford in 2015).

Proper "why we bother" moments - last season had bucket-loads of them.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 10:13]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:37 - Jun 23 with 2484 viewsKeno

you can listen from 58 secs on ... enjoy

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:42 - Jun 23 with 2464 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:37 - Jun 23 by Keno

you can listen from 58 secs on ... enjoy

The voice break on "Sucker Punches" is incredible.

Closest a human has ever come to exploding i Imagine.

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:47 - Jun 23 with 2437 viewsTMWWNGAS

Just watched it again myself..
Just think if Leif had mad contact to chest it back to Walton, Hirst's goal would have never happened... Still I won't lose sleep over it!!
“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:48 - Jun 23 with 2428 viewsBlueBadger

That was Brenner's 'Reuser.....premiership' moment, for me.

And also the moment I KNEW we were on the way.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 10:20 - Jun 23 with 2328 viewsLankHenners

Shame the club don't use his clips for the promotional/mood building stuff they do as his voice and delivery are perfect for it. In comparison, and an unpopular opinion perhaps, the 'Conor Chaplin baby!' commentary line from the iFollow guy really makes my toes curl.

As others have said that goal was a real 'we've done it' moment for me - a piece of individual quality that represented the difference in class between us and the rest behind us. Just knew from then we'd see out the game and have no trouble getting a win against Exeter.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 18:04 - Jun 23 with 2046 viewsWhos_blue

Brenner.

Quality.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 18:06 - Jun 23 with 2037 viewsFrimleyBlue

Personally I'd like to stop with the guest commentators and have Brenner and Wheeler together.

Two very good commentators. One learning the role and one experienced. I think they are both excellent.

I never want to hear Danny Haynes on it ever again, he made it sound like he was being held hostage.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 20:09 - Jun 23 with 1861 viewsDefender110

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 08:39 - Jun 23 by Kieran_Knows

Getting up off the floor following Andersen's push, strong arming Andersen towards goal, and then Andersen pushing the other defender to allow Hirst's superb shot not to get any deflection/block. Brilliant goal and one that I too have watched many many time since.
“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 06:48 - Jun 24 with 1595 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

"What strength.
What persistence.
What belief.
And what a right-footed finish from George Hirst."

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 07:46 - Jun 24 with 1530 viewsChurchman

“2-0, oh tremendous!” on 09:08 - Jun 23 by Swansea_Blue

I think he could push on with us too. Our way of playing suits his game and visa versa. He looked happy here too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024