Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. 19:24 - Apr 10 with 5046 viewsArnieM

I do tend to let my emotions run away with me, I know that. I don’t mean to, or to get so reactive on here. I’m just ( like you all), desperate to get promoted out of this God awful division.

So anyway, apologies from me to you…

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 22:33 - Apr 10 with 3693 viewsBigCommon

Don't worry about... Think a lot of stuff can also get taken out of context, when it's in print, rather than straight from the posters gob....
Everyone is guilty of it, sometimes.
Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 07:34 - Apr 11 with 3438 viewsElephantintheRoom

What’s so bad about a division Town are in on lack of merit? There’s an interesting mix of clubs - one of whom might be a Town of the future - ie a ‘small club’ on the up about to overachieve for a while.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 08:25 - Apr 11 with 3367 viewstextbackup

You are a fan, you can react however you want and it means nothing to the team.

On the flip side of a ‘bad’ reaction to a result like yesterday, it’s almost as though people had pre written out their super duper positive tweets slating anyone that dare be frustrated about a poor decision that resulted in us conceding.

Again, as a fan you can react like that.

Do these people honestly think KM will walk in the changing room all smiles saying don’t worry about it? Deluded if they do

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 08:27 - Apr 11 with 3345 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don’t feel you need to apologise. Football without emotion is pointless (as we found out under Mick lol). I’m still fuming at that wasted opportunity.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 08:33 - Apr 11 with 3301 viewsFunge

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 08:25 - Apr 11 by textbackup

On the flip side of a ‘bad’ reaction to a result like yesterday, it’s almost as though people had pre written out their super duper positive tweets slating anyone that dare be frustrated about a poor decision that resulted in us conceding.

Do these people honestly think KM will walk in the changing room all smiles saying don’t worry about it? Deluded if they do

Very good post.

The run recently has been sublime, and has got us back into an automatic promotion race that, early Feb, I thought we were out of... but, like Wendy's 23 game unbeaten run, it will be soon forgotten if we don't go up.

Walton has been very good recently; yesterday he made a very poor decision that cost us points.

I think we will win the next 4, and be going to Barnsley needing a point to go up - still doesn't take away the irritation from failing to win yesterday.
Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 08:55 - Apr 11 with 3203 viewsAsa

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 07:34 - Apr 11 by ElephantintheRoom

What’s so bad about a division Town are in on lack of merit? There’s an interesting mix of clubs - one of whom might be a Town of the future - ie a ‘small club’ on the up about to overachieve for a while.

I don't think anybody will argue we don't deserve to be in League One. We do.

We were ran like a League One club for years in the Championship, were deservedly relegated and haven't been close to deserving to go up since.

That doesn't mean we aren't a famous club with a proud history of dining at the top table, competing in Europe 9 seasons out of 10, being the best club on the planet for a period or have the sort of loyal support base that is a lower Premier League / top Championship side.

We are where we are due to the rot Evans allowed to set in. But when you've beaten Barcelona and Real Madrid in the past and are currently getting 30,000 for home games playing some of the best football outside the top 6 of the Premier League, it's not inappropriate to dream of visiting somewhere that they haven't emergency filled in the goalmouth with a bit of spare turf from the nearby bowls club.
Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 08:58 - Apr 11 with 3133 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I was clearly in the minority, but I didn't think your reaction was that OTT. Autos this season is going to come down to fine margins, and when you take the lead, go top and then concede a goal in the manner we did. That is incredibly frustrating. Of course its not the end of the world, I don't think anyone was suggesting it was, and we are still on a great run. But I was really frustrated to drop points yesterday, I'm sure Mckenna was and I'm sure the players were.

That being said, 2 home games coming up now. If we can get 6 points we will probably be top come Peterborough away. But don't apologise for being a fan.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 13:03 - Apr 11 with 2846 viewsNeedhamChris

Couldn't agree more with this

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Login to get fewer ads

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 13:21 - Apr 11 with 2760 viewsWickets

Easily done I always stop myself from commenting until I have calmed done after not winning !
Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 14:23 - Apr 11 with 2658 viewsHipsterectomy

People on here saying no reason to apologise, nobody cares enough etc...then you'll get threads from weeks, months, years bumped as an 'i told you i was right' or 'look how terrible you were at predicting this'

there are posters who hate posters here as they preferred strikers or managers from decades ago ffs

most post seconds after a game, some drunk, some angry, some wanting to be controversial or whatever, it's not deep enough to hold this sht against anonymous people online

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 14:25 - Apr 11 with 2638 viewsStokieBlue

You really are a tiresome bore.

Yesterday you even took to lying about stats to support your negative points.

Not really sure what you get out of it but it's sad.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 15:27 - Apr 11 with 2512 viewsVaughan8

Sometimes its just best to leave it a few hours before posting anything. Posting at 5pm its bound to be still sore.

Yes we threw 2 points away, but we aren't going to keep a clean sheet forever. Its a shame it came from an error but hey, Walton's done great over the last few months.
Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 15:29 - Apr 11 with 2507 viewsBigCommon

Does anyone think KM would string up a player, and create negative hysteria on a public forum?
Deluded if they do....
Massive difference between a manager lifting his players, in private, behind a closed door. To fans, highlighting and singling out players faults, in public.
If you're going to use the KM comparison. Then, perhaps think about what KM might post up on here.(Or indeed, what he says and how he says it in his public interviews)

If you're going to use the " behind closed doors in private, comparison." Then perhaps do the neggy stuff in private, yourself. In the same way KM does.
Otherwise, your comparison, makes no sense, Imo.
Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 15:48 - Apr 11 with 2432 viewsbobbyramsey

No worries, I felt your pain and am still fuming…..
Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 16:20 - Apr 11 with 2370 viewsSawtrich

Arnie, I can only agree with what a few people have said and say just don't post on here or look at twitter or any of that stuff immediately after a game, it's too raw emotionally. Yesterday I was sat in a room on my own watching on the laptop. After the full time whistle it took me a good 20-30 minutes to compose myself before I could even think about leaving the room and having a normal conversation with my wife. Even then I'll admit I was moody for a couple of hours. It's getting to us all.
Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 16:42 - Apr 11 with 2308 viewsNthQldITFC

One in, one out. I'd cleared my list, but the b*99er's building up agin.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 16:44 - Apr 11 with 2277 viewsVic

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 13:21 - Apr 11 by Wickets

Easily done I always stop myself from commenting until I have calmed done after not winning !

Indeed! I tend to stay away from here when we don’t get the result we want - I just get so frustrated. in fact I’ve only just dared to log on I was so disappointed. Crazy, who’d be a football fan huh?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 16:54 - Apr 11 with 2229 viewsRyorry

I would have upped that if you'd included us lasses as well as the fellas ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It's all a bit regulatory and sanitised though innit? on 16:56 - Apr 11 with 2217 viewsDyland

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 16:20 - Apr 11 by Sawtrich

Arnie, I can only agree with what a few people have said and say just don't post on here or look at twitter or any of that stuff immediately after a game, it's too raw emotionally. Yesterday I was sat in a room on my own watching on the laptop. After the full time whistle it took me a good 20-30 minutes to compose myself before I could even think about leaving the room and having a normal conversation with my wife. Even then I'll admit I was moody for a couple of hours. It's getting to us all.

I say post immediately and whatever you like, just don't be surprised to get a load of "abuse" :)

Fair play to Arners for owning it though, as the yanks would say. Yanks with a project. Honk honk!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 17:06 - Apr 11 with 2118 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You realise the people you're mocking are also entitled to their view?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 17:16 - Apr 11 with 2040 viewstextbackup

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 15:29 - Apr 11 by BigCommon

Does anyone think KM would string up a player, and create negative hysteria on a public forum?
Deluded if they do....
Massive difference between a manager lifting his players, in private, behind a closed door. To fans, highlighting and singling out players faults, in public.
If you're going to use the KM comparison. Then, perhaps think about what KM might post up on here.(Or indeed, what he says and how he says it in his public interviews)

If you're going to use the " behind closed doors in private, comparison." Then perhaps do the neggy stuff in private, yourself. In the same way KM does.
Otherwise, your comparison, makes no sense, Imo.

I’m not suggesting he walked in and gave him an ear bashing, but if anyone makes a balls up in their work place the manager (if they are decent) will have a word at some point.

A word could range from ‘how could we improve that going forwards’ to ‘that was terrible’

I’m sure, that given KM is a top manager, that he’d opt for the first one of the above.

–––-

And me saying I think CW cocked that up big time, on here, means absolutely Jack sht to anything.

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 17:19 - Apr 11 with 2023 viewstextbackup

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 17:06 - Apr 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

You realise the people you're mocking are also entitled to their view?

They are deluded if they think KM and his coaching team wont look to improve/help CW after that error.

KN said after Derby away that the team were made to watch a 40 min video of mistakes and how to improve on them.

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 17:23 - Apr 11 with 2015 viewsJ2BLUE

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 17:16 - Apr 11 by textbackup

I’m not suggesting he walked in and gave him an ear bashing, but if anyone makes a balls up in their work place the manager (if they are decent) will have a word at some point.

A word could range from ‘how could we improve that going forwards’ to ‘that was terrible’

I’m sure, that given KM is a top manager, that he’d opt for the first one of the above.

–––-

And me saying I think CW cocked that up big time, on here, means absolutely Jack sht to anything.

Completely right. It was a disappointing result which people are allowed to be disappointed about.

There were a lot of posts at the end of the game which read as if people were trying to prove how supportive they were to the people who had posted pre match about 'flouncing'.

I think most people are balanced enough to know it was a disappointing result after an amazing run and react appropriately. The team are doing great and I have every confidence they will finish the job.

Anyone pretending not to be mildly disappointed at seeing that goal take us from top to third is not being truthful. Two points at this stage is big.

Again though, the players are just next level in this squad and I am sure McKenna will have had a word and moved on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 17:29 - Apr 11 with 1980 viewstextbackup

Sorry for being so OTT again, fellas…. on 17:23 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

Completely right. It was a disappointing result which people are allowed to be disappointed about.

There were a lot of posts at the end of the game which read as if people were trying to prove how supportive they were to the people who had posted pre match about 'flouncing'.

I think most people are balanced enough to know it was a disappointing result after an amazing run and react appropriately. The team are doing great and I have every confidence they will finish the job.

Anyone pretending not to be mildly disappointed at seeing that goal take us from top to third is not being truthful. Two points at this stage is big.

Again though, the players are just next level in this squad and I am sure McKenna will have had a word and moved on.

I’m glad I’m not alone with my thinking 😂

Just pretending to be cool with it, because the flip side of that is a bet wetting situation is just weird.
Two completely different ends of the spectrum. I’d say most have fallen in the middle, exactly as you’ve written above

Can I suggest you watch the highlights on iFollow on 17:44 - Apr 11 with 1939 viewsunstableblue

You’ll hear Aluko say goal on 4 separate occasions because the chances were SOOOOOO good - Harness, Burns, Chaplin and Hirst

You’ll see Chaplin score

And you’ll see Davis putting a cross to Hirst from what seemed an onside position… assume it was Hirst in the first passage of play?!

And you’ll see a long ball get held up in the wind and confuse Walton.. and probably one of two or three striker in the league at the moment who can control, turn and shoot like that in Alfie May.

It hurts, but we must not panic and make out it was a different game

We weren’t at our best, that was going to come, but the conditions and narrow pitch were harsh

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024