Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick still being Mick 😂 21:52 - Feb 26 with 7408 viewsBLUEBEAT

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Mick still being Mick 😂 on 22:23 - Feb 26 with 5922 viewsEireannach_gorm

The man who calls a spade ........ a fing shovel.
Mick still being Mick 😂 on 06:33 - Feb 27 with 5557 viewsBrianTablet

Mick still being Mick 😂 on 22:23 - Feb 26 by Eireannach_gorm

The man who calls a spade ........ a fing shovel.

The man who calls a shovel... an implement f'r diggin a trench in front of t'back four so they can 'oof it to Murphs.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 08:35 - Feb 27 with 5233 viewsunstableblue

… and I feel sorry for Mick. After the debacle of the final seasons with us and the horrific state of what football was being served up at Cardiff that meant every fan wanted him out.

He gets given a hospital pass of picking up Blackpool

And sadly the fans have realised after 7 games… that when the good sides of mick don’t work, and you get left with anti-football and bad results

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/mccarthy-out.40985/

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 09:00 - Feb 27 with 5098 viewsChurchman

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 08:35 - Feb 27 by unstableblue

… and I feel sorry for Mick. After the debacle of the final seasons with us and the horrific state of what football was being served up at Cardiff that meant every fan wanted him out.

And sadly the fans have realised after 7 games… that when the good sides of mick don’t work, and you get left with anti-football and bad results

I thought that interview was a classic. Hilarious and Mick at his best responding to a daft question. He’s right too.

However, I don’t feel sorry for him. He knew what he was doing and put himself up for it. He clearly loves the game - he must do to put himself through that. He’s being paid too. Looking at their forum, they’re not entirely happy with him and TC

Talking of other forums, Loftf For Words has another good match report from the excellent Clive Whittingham. Worth a read.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59703/ainsworths-h
Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 10:16 - Feb 27 with 4803 viewsJimmyJazz

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 08:35 - Feb 27 by unstableblue

Mickiosaurus - absolute classic

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 11:03 - Feb 27 with 4596 viewsfarkenhell

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 09:00 - Feb 27 by Churchman

I thought that interview was a classic. Hilarious and Mick at his best responding to a daft question. He’s right too.

However, I don’t feel sorry for him. He knew what he was doing and put himself up for it. He clearly loves the game - he must do to put himself through that. He’s being paid too. Looking at their forum, they’re not entirely happy with him and TC

Talking of other forums, Loftf For Words has another good match report from the excellent Clive Whittingham. Worth a read.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59703/ainsworths-h

That Loft for Words article is very funny. Some self-deprecating classics in there, but this paragraph is an absolute beauty and worth a copy & paste in its entirety:

"They [QPR] trailed at the break thanks to a goal that just sums up this group of players to a tee. Two minutes of time added onto the end of the half, most of that played, Blackburn throw in wide on the left. Get to half time. Get to half time. Just get there. Do what you need to do to get there. Kick it out again if you need to, go down and stop the game if you have to, trip somebody up if it’s required, concentrate like f uck, mark tighter than you’ve ever marked before, track runners, take no risks. Do your job. Do your f ucking job. Do it for one more minute, then we’ll get a brew on and have a chat about what we might like to do with the second half. Game smarts. Game smarts, game smarts, game smarts. Couldn’t do it. Never looked like being able to do it. Unmarked players, unchallenged opponents, untracked runners. A defensive shape the likes of which I’ve never seen. Three Blackburn players involved in the throw, three QPR players for company, and yet two of them unmarked. Rob Dickie, marking nobody, drawn out of position U8s style, everybody running around the football in a big cloud of dust — what the f uck is wrong with that guy at the moment? Jimmy Dunne, ostensibly his centre half partner, all the way across the other side of the penalty box, and just enough yards deeper than everybody else to play every opponent onside. I mean, you talk about gaps between defenders, you could solve the South East’s housing crisis in one fell swoop with a new garden city in the gap those two left between themselves here. Sammie Szmodics walked through it and scored, as anybody with half a brain would have been able to. A minute to go until half time. A goal of such staggering ineptitude I’m genuinely speechless. I can’t think of the words. Well, I can, but they’re not repeatable. Stupid f ucking c unts."
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 11:04]
Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 11:30 - Feb 27 with 4443 viewsSuperblue95

Garbutt and Connolly the two players getting slated the most on there which is funny as neither were that bad for us from memory.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Mick still being Mick 😂 on 11:42 - Feb 27 with 4375 viewsringwoodblue

‘McCarthy out’ thread already on Seasiders fans forum. He’s done well to last this long imho.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Login to get fewer ads

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 11:51 - Feb 27 with 4333 viewsSimonds92

You feel sorry for him for a number of issues that were all within his control?
Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 11:52 - Feb 27 with 4340 viewsclive_baker

They’re right that the issues run deeper. Mentioned before on here but a mate of mine is one of the senior players there. Mick has given him a decent amount of game time to be fair but I was texting him on Sunday and it’s a real sh1t show. The players haven’t taken to him at all, they’re already asking for him to go. Feel a bit for Mick as I can’t help but feel he’s stepped into a circus but it’s getting a bit feisty apparently.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:02 - Feb 27 with 4271 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 11:52 - Feb 27 by clive_baker

They’re right that the issues run deeper. Mentioned before on here but a mate of mine is one of the senior players there. Mick has given him a decent amount of game time to be fair but I was texting him on Sunday and it’s a real sh1t show. The players haven’t taken to him at all, they’re already asking for him to go. Feel a bit for Mick as I can’t help but feel he’s stepped into a circus but it’s getting a bit feisty apparently.

Hoping for your mate's sake the Blackpool board don't see this comment

Poll: If it were one or the other

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:03 - Feb 27 with 4267 viewsclive_baker

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:02 - Feb 27 by Metal_Hacker

Hoping for your mate's sake the Blackpool board don't see this comment

They're already well aware.

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:04 - Feb 27 with 4239 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:03 - Feb 27 by clive_baker

They're already well aware.

Matter of time then ? Or they simply don't give a sh!t ?

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:13 - Feb 27 with 4146 viewsclive_baker

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:04 - Feb 27 by Metal_Hacker

Matter of time then ? Or they simply don't give a sh!t ?

Think they're in a difficult position really, to sack him now wouldn't reflect well on them at all and would leave a lot of egg on face. You could argue that while they were dire under Appleton, they were making a fist of staying up, but he seemed like the last to be told he was being sacked. Was common knowledge among the team for a couple of weeks which just feels like a ridiculous way to run a football club. They've made a real ar5e of it all, Mick was meant to be the silver bullet to turn them around in the short term and I guess given what he did for us you could see the logic. Simply hasn't worked though, the players hate him.

Time is running out if they want to stay in the Championship, do they stick or admit it was a terrible appointment and twist and see if someone else can have a go? Who would that someone else even be? Personally I would probably be swallowing my pride and getting on the blower to Neil Critchley.

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:19 - Feb 27 with 4061 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 11:52 - Feb 27 by clive_baker

Players want him to go. Blackpool fans want him to go. All numbskulls, aren't they?
Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:22 - Feb 27 with 4046 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:13 - Feb 27 by clive_baker

Think they're in a difficult position really, to sack him now wouldn't reflect well on them at all and would leave a lot of egg on face. You could argue that while they were dire under Appleton, they were making a fist of staying up, but he seemed like the last to be told he was being sacked. Was common knowledge among the team for a couple of weeks which just feels like a ridiculous way to run a football club. They've made a real ar5e of it all, Mick was meant to be the silver bullet to turn them around in the short term and I guess given what he did for us you could see the logic. Simply hasn't worked though, the players hate him.

Time is running out if they want to stay in the Championship, do they stick or admit it was a terrible appointment and twist and see if someone else can have a go? Who would that someone else even be? Personally I would probably be swallowing my pride and getting on the blower to Neil Critchley.

What a sorry state of affair regardless of personnel involved

Player power is greater than it should be IMHO but that said I can kind of understand if you see things going even further back and ultimately match after match if you're on the pitch getting grief from your fans for the manager's tactics then I suppose what do we expect

Is it simply a case of the players not liking him for tactical reasons , is it personality - what is it ?

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:23 - Feb 27 with 4037 viewsclive_baker

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:19 - Feb 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Players want him to go. Blackpool fans want him to go. All numbskulls, aren't they?

Blackpool though it was time for a change with Appleton. To quote the man himself....

'That went well'.

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:30 - Feb 27 with 3935 viewsclive_baker

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:22 - Feb 27 by Metal_Hacker

Player power is greater than it should be IMHO but that said I can kind of understand if you see things going even further back and ultimately match after match if you're on the pitch getting grief from your fans for the manager's tactics then I suppose what do we expect

Is it simply a case of the players not liking him for tactical reasons , is it personality - what is it ?

Agree re. player power. It's all too easy to down tools and divert the blame elsewhere, at some point you have to ask the question of the players. There's similarities with us when we had a nightmare appointment with PH and replaced him with Lambo. Ultimately I think they lack quality, as we did, in what is a very competitive league as well.

It's both, they don't like the style of play, don't like how Mick's gone about it either. There have been a few exchanges apparently that don't sound too encouraging between players and management.

Perhaps he'll go on his 'them and us' crusade against the fans now, that might be his next move to try and cultivate some sort of siege mentality. They need to find a win from somewhere, and fast.

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:35 - Feb 27 with 3867 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:30 - Feb 27 by clive_baker

Agree re. player power. It's all too easy to down tools and divert the blame elsewhere, at some point you have to ask the question of the players. There's similarities with us when we had a nightmare appointment with PH and replaced him with Lambo. Ultimately I think they lack quality, as we did, in what is a very competitive league as well.

It's both, they don't like the style of play, don't like how Mick's gone about it either. There have been a few exchanges apparently that don't sound too encouraging between players and management.

Perhaps he'll go on his 'them and us' crusade against the fans now, that might be his next move to try and cultivate some sort of siege mentality. They need to find a win from somewhere, and fast.

Ouch all sounds very painful

Good luck to all concerned - seems such a shame for any football fan of a club going through this sort of situation though , they've had a tough time of it over the years

Anyway onwards and upwards -cheers for the insight

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:37 - Feb 27 with 3851 viewsLankHenners

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 12:22 - Feb 27 by Metal_Hacker

To speak generally as well, part of it is it's very easy to be unhappy when results are bad and on the flip side easy to be happy when they're going well. Doesn't always follow such a strict pattern of course but in a situation where results are poor, morale is low and the club is chaotic off the pitch then it's tough for everyone involved to find a solution and if there isn't significant buy-in from the players to the manager's ideas (whoever's 'fault' it is for that) and/or confidence/mentality is gone then, regardless of quality, there's really only one outcome.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 15:05 - Feb 27 with 3452 viewsle2blue

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 11:03 - Feb 27 by farkenhell

That Loft for Words article is very funny. Some self-deprecating classics in there, but this paragraph is an absolute beauty and worth a copy & paste in its entirety:

"They [QPR] trailed at the break thanks to a goal that just sums up this group of players to a tee. Two minutes of time added onto the end of the half, most of that played, Blackburn throw in wide on the left. Get to half time. Get to half time. Just get there. Do what you need to do to get there. Kick it out again if you need to, go down and stop the game if you have to, trip somebody up if it’s required, concentrate like f uck, mark tighter than you’ve ever marked before, track runners, take no risks. Do your job. Do your f ucking job. Do it for one more minute, then we’ll get a brew on and have a chat about what we might like to do with the second half. Game smarts. Game smarts, game smarts, game smarts. Couldn’t do it. Never looked like being able to do it. Unmarked players, unchallenged opponents, untracked runners. A defensive shape the likes of which I’ve never seen. Three Blackburn players involved in the throw, three QPR players for company, and yet two of them unmarked. Rob Dickie, marking nobody, drawn out of position U8s style, everybody running around the football in a big cloud of dust — what the f uck is wrong with that guy at the moment? Jimmy Dunne, ostensibly his centre half partner, all the way across the other side of the penalty box, and just enough yards deeper than everybody else to play every opponent onside. I mean, you talk about gaps between defenders, you could solve the South East’s housing crisis in one fell swoop with a new garden city in the gap those two left between themselves here. Sammie Szmodics walked through it and scored, as anybody with half a brain would have been able to. A minute to go until half time. A goal of such staggering ineptitude I’m genuinely speechless. I can’t think of the words. Well, I can, but they’re not repeatable. Stupid f ucking c unts."
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 11:04]

This one made me chuckle..."Honestly, I’d fancy Dame Thora Hird in a fight against Andre Dozzell, and she’s been dead since 2003."

This after he'd been completely done when attempting to stop a sole Rovers player from getting into the area from a throw-in. Andre is defo not a fan's favourite down at the R's.
Mick still being Mick 😂 on 15:13 - Feb 27 with 3401 viewsDubtractor

On the subject of ex managers, what has happened at Chesterfield?

Not long ago they were keeping pace with the top 2, but now 28 points behind!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Mick still being Mick 😂 on 15:29 - Feb 27 with 3315 viewsLankHenners

Mick still being Mick 😂 on 15:13 - Feb 27 by Dubtractor

On the subject of ex managers, what has happened at Chesterfield?

Not long ago they were keeping pace with the top 2, but now 28 points behind!

Was aware that Notts County and Wrexham have been going like trains in that league but just looked at Chesterfield's results and they've not won any of the last 8 games and have lost 5 of those! Lost Tshimanga to Peterborough of course but it's not like he was their only goalscorer with loads more goals than anyone else (Dobra's their top scorer as it goes).

Looks like they lost 4 in a row to teams in or just outside the playoff places at the end of Jan/start of Feb so maybe that rocked them a bit.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Mick still being Mick 😂 on 15:54 - Feb 27 with 3192 viewsclive_baker

Mick still being Mick 😂 on 15:29 - Feb 27 by LankHenners

Was aware that Notts County and Wrexham have been going like trains in that league but just looked at Chesterfield's results and they've not won any of the last 8 games and have lost 5 of those! Lost Tshimanga to Peterborough of course but it's not like he was their only goalscorer with loads more goals than anyone else (Dobra's their top scorer as it goes).

Looks like they lost 4 in a row to teams in or just outside the playoff places at the end of Jan/start of Feb so maybe that rocked them a bit.

Sounds like they need a demolition man

Sadly the Blackpool fans are realising the reality of the appointment… on 19:43 - Feb 27 with 2811 viewsibbleobble

Feel sorry for him? Why? He’s hardly hard up and forced to work. He chose Blackpool because he loves the game and his own ego told him he could do the job. Reality is he can’t anymore. Not sure what it takes for the penny to drop but he’s been a spent force for a long time now. He left ROI in a mess, failed at Apoael, ultimately failed at Cardiff after a bright start as he did with us. He’s now taking Blackpool down.

His halcyon days are over. He’s achieved one play-off semi-final in a decade of club management.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024