Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aluko 13:43 - Oct 26 with 2761 viewsGeoffSentence

What now for him? I love seeing him turn with the ball and run with it, but since his injury we haven't really missed him. Edwards has slotted in nicely, Humphreys is coming through and Camara is not too far away from fitness. Unless we pick up more injuries in midfield I cannot see him getting too much game time when he returns.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Aluko on 13:45 - Oct 26 with 2707 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Except Aluko's hold up play is crucial to us comfortably seeing out games and I would argue that is something we very much have missed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Aluko on 13:46 - Oct 26 with 2696 viewsSheffordBlue

He's got the ability to hold the ball up in tight areas that I don't think our other 10s can do as well. We'll also be lucky to go the full season without Chappers, Harness, TJJ or Edwards picking up an injury. Given McKenna's preference for swapping out the starting 3 during the final 30 minutes of the a match I think Aluko will still have a role to play in the second half of the season (assuming he can return to full fitness)

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Aluko on 13:48 - Oct 26 with 2674 viewsGlasgowBlue

I disagree. If we had him to come on against Sheffield Wednesday at 2-0 up on 75 minutes, we'd have kept the ball far better and would be two points better off.

Likewise, Plymouth. We may well have salvaged a point.

Those early games in which Aluko came in in the 70th minute were the best for game management and possession we've had all season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Aluko on 13:51 - Oct 26 with 2642 viewsbluefunk

We’ve seen this before though haven’t we? Player A gets injured, fans say we will miss him but we manage without them as Player B/C/D steps up, so it seems they won’t get game time when they’re fit. We still have 30 games, plus at least 2 more cup games to play, we will need Aluko when he’s fit, and he will get time in the same way he did before his injury, some starts and some subs but not every game - and we will get injuries and suspensions,
Aluko on 13:51 - Oct 26 with 2636 viewsLankHenners

Not sure about that, there have been games were we could have done with his calmness and ability to retain possession. Wednesday and Plymouth stand out as examples where a cool head to stop the opposition gaining momentum would have been handy.

Will be interesting to see what the 18 looks like mind when we have the likes of Aluko, Leigh, Camara and Ahadme all fit.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Aluko on 13:57 - Oct 26 with 2534 viewsFrimleyBlue

We actually do really miss him.

As said last night. We made 3 attacking subs. Not one of them is actually that good at holding the ball up. Getting Aluko back will be a big plus.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Aluko on 13:57 - Oct 26 with 2536 viewsDubtractor

Aluko on 13:51 - Oct 26 by LankHenners

Not sure about that, there have been games were we could have done with his calmness and ability to retain possession. Wednesday and Plymouth stand out as examples where a cool head to stop the opposition gaining momentum would have been handy.

Will be interesting to see what the 18 looks like mind when we have the likes of Aluko, Leigh, Camara and Ahadme all fit.

We're going to need some cup runs to keep everyone happy!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Aluko on 14:03 - Oct 26 with 2477 viewsKieran_Knows

Think him and Keogh are being primed for coaching roles.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Aluko on 14:08 - Oct 26 with 2437 viewshomer_123

Quality player that adds a huge amount to the team overall. I see him playing an important part, even if just from the bench, once he's back from injury.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Aluko on 14:47 - Oct 26 with 2296 viewsCotty

There will be other injuries to other members of the squad, and Aluko will play his part.
Aluko on 14:49 - Oct 26 with 2275 viewsN2_Blue

If and when he is fit, he'll get plenty of minutes as will all our first teamers. They are all needed. We have a good squad but we are already pretty much on the limit with a handful of injuries.

Even with everyone fit and in form I think Aluko gets minutes. He's a bit different to anything we have and that is a big plus. Really hope the injury doesn't set him back so he has at least another good 1 and a bit sit seasons in him.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Aluko on 14:54 - Oct 26 with 2238 viewsStewart27

As long as McKenna keeps changing the front 3 every single game, he will be crucial.
Aluko on 14:57 - Oct 26 with 2213 viewsFrimleyBlue

Aluko on 14:54 - Oct 26 by Stewart27

As long as McKenna keeps changing the front 3 every single game, he will be crucial.

I quite like the idea of Edwards and Aluko....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Aluko on 15:19 - Oct 26 with 2164 viewsdirtyboy

Pretty much dissagree entirely, Aluko's hold up play would have made a fair few games feel a lot more comfortable late on, something i'm almost certain of.

We really do miss him.
Aluko on 15:19 - Oct 26 with 2156 viewsSwansea_Blue

He'd have been a nice option to bring on yesterday.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Aluko on 20:58 - Oct 26 with 1816 viewsBluespeed225

He’ll be like a new signing when he comes back, will add hold up and link play, you’ll love him!
Aluko on 08:28 - Oct 30 with 1376 viewsGlasgowBlue

Aluko on the pitch in injury time yesterday. An Ipswich win.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Aluko on 14:05 - Oct 30 with 1189 viewstextbackup

If he comes in yesterday instead of harness, we win that. No doubt about it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Aluko on 14:09 - Oct 30 with 1171 viewsGeoffSentence

OK, after sounding opinion from the members of the board, the majority, and by some way, think Aluko still has an important part to play.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Aluko on 14:19 - Oct 30 with 1147 viewsJ2BLUE

He will definitely play a part.

Until then I would like him back on ifollow.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Aluko on 14:23 - Oct 30 with 1132 viewsjas0999

Aluko on 13:45 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Except Aluko's hold up play is crucial to us comfortably seeing out games and I would argue that is something we very much have missed.

I agree. Experienced forward player who keeps calm under pressure. Bring him on with twenty minutes left if in front or need a goal. He can provide multiple functions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024