Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock loves the town! 09:48 - Dec 31 with 3016 viewsLB27

He is interested!

A loss tomorrow and we NEED to act, Warnock would be our best chance of promotion. Get him in until the end of the season.

Then we can look for a long term replacement.

[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 9:49]
Warnock loves the town! on 09:51 - Dec 31 with 2439 viewsBigManBlue

Warnock as manager would be, as the kids say, total banter, and probably worth it just to see my dad have an absolute coronary.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Warnock loves the town! on 09:53 - Dec 31 with 2411 viewsBlueBadger

Warnock loves the town! on 09:51 - Dec 31 by BigManBlue

Warnock as manager would be, as the kids say, total banter, and probably worth it just to see my dad have an absolute coronary.

It'd certainly be interested to see all the people who hated Mick justify the employment of someone who is basically Mick without the interpersonal charm.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Warnock loves the town! on 09:55 - Dec 31 with 2394 viewsLB27

Warnock loves the town! on 09:51 - Dec 31 by BigManBlue

In that case let’s get him in before 12 o clock tonight.

The perfect way to end the decade and Ipswich Towns “banter era”
Warnock loves the town! on 09:56 - Dec 31 with 2367 viewsPJH

Warnock loves the town! on 09:53 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

It'd certainly be interested to see all the people who hated Mick justify the employment of someone who is basically Mick without the interpersonal charm.

and both of them very good managers.
Warnock loves the town! on 09:57 - Dec 31 with 2361 viewsr2d2

Warnock would get us promoted. And he does love Ipswich Town. Has always been his dream job.
Warnock loves the town! on 09:57 - Dec 31 with 2360 viewsLB27

It’s a needs must situation.

We have one goal for this season and that is to get out of this dire league...
Warnock loves the town! on 10:02 - Dec 31 with 2329 viewsITFC_Forever

That's not strictly true - some of Warnock's sides have played very good stuff .... certainly at QPR when they had Taraabt et al, they were superb.

I think he's a manager who makes the best of what he has at his disposal.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Warnock loves the town! on 10:04 - Dec 31 with 2293 viewshoppy

Warnock loves the town! on 09:57 - Dec 31 by LB27

It’s a needs must situation.

We have one goal for this season and that is to get out of this dire league...

We’ve not often managed more than one goal this season...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Warnock loves the town! on 10:04 - Dec 31 with 2293 viewsr2d2

Warnock loves the town! on 10:02 - Dec 31 by ITFC_Forever

That's not strictly true - some of Warnock's sides have played very good stuff .... certainly at QPR when they had Taraabt et al, they were superb.

Certainly very true. He plays to the teams strengths. God knows what he would do with our pussies though.
Warnock loves the town! on 10:10 - Dec 31 with 2241 viewsGuthrum

Warnock loves the town! on 09:57 - Dec 31 by r2d2

Warnock would get us promoted. And he does love Ipswich Town. Has always been his dream job.

It won't be his dream job once the fans get fed up again. Warnock is as known for his plain speaking as McCarthy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Warnock loves the town! on 10:12 - Dec 31 with 2224 viewsHerbivore

I can't stand Colin. It'd be a tough ask for me to stomach him even for 6 months.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Same here on 10:15 - Dec 31 with 2195 viewsDyland

Warnock loves the town! on 10:12 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

I can't stand Colin. It'd be a tough ask for me to stomach him even for 6 months.

Can't deny a touch of schadenfreude should it happen though. And I'm going back further than the Mick vs supporters farcical nonsense, all the way to Bedsheet Richard and gang. Magic out, we're on our way... to League One being managed by Colin...

You have to laugh really :)

This fooking club. Ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Warnock loves the town! on 10:29 - Dec 31 with 2083 viewsGarv

'Bring on VAR' I believe he said when sulking about that Chelsea goal.

No thanks.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Warnock loves the town! on 10:46 - Dec 31 with 2021 viewsskyblue23

He said he would take an opportunity until the end of the season at any level if that opportunity is right for him when specifically asked about the Ipswich job being linked to him. I doubt Evans will replace Lambert, think it's only down to if Lambert walks.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Warnock loves the town! on 10:46 - Dec 31 with 2018 viewsmidastouch

I was never a Warnock fan and then I read his book and I have to say he certainly grew on me as a result. Given his age though he'd only ever be a short-term stop gap obviously.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Warnock loves the town! on 11:23 - Dec 31 with 1851 viewsIpswichKnight

Exactly, he’s a realist and will use what he’s got. He would be perfect for season and a half for 3 reasons

1) get us promoted

2) clear out the dross

3) would be damn good fun to hear his comments on some of the refs in this league!
Warnock loves the town! on 11:28 - Dec 31 with 1818 viewsBigManBlue

Warnock loves the town! on 10:46 - Dec 31 by skyblue23

He said he would take an opportunity until the end of the season at any level if that opportunity is right for him when specifically asked about the Ipswich job being linked to him. I doubt Evans will replace Lambert, think it's only down to if Lambert walks.

Fair play to him, can't imagine many managers going directly from the Prem to League 1 without something catastrophic happening in their last role. Whatever else you might think of the bloke, it's clear that he loves the game.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Warnock loves the town! on 11:30 - Dec 31 with 1808 viewsDubtractor

Plus, isn't Warnock renowned for being a lovely bloke?

I'm sure Phil has commented on this before?

I can see him getting us promoted no problem, but he's not a manager that would be top of my list by any means!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 11:31]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Warnock loves the town! on 11:37 - Dec 31 with 1758 viewsSwansea_Blue

Warnock loves the town! on 10:12 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

Me neither. But given ME seems incapable of unearthing someone decent who can move us forward, Colin’s probably as good as we could get.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Warnock loves the town! on 11:39 - Dec 31 with 1737 viewsHerbivore

Warnock loves the town! on 11:37 - Dec 31 by Swansea_Blue

Me neither. But given ME seems incapable of unearthing someone decent who can move us forward, Colin’s probably as good as we could get.

I wonder whether O'Neil might be more involved in future appointments given the broader scope of his role now? Part of me would like to go down the route of getting an up and coming coach if we do replace Lambert. We've become a managerial graveyard.

Warnock loves the town! on 11:43 - Dec 31 with 1708 viewsLB27

Warnock loves the town! on 11:39 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

I wonder whether O'Neil might be more involved in future appointments given the broader scope of his role now? Part of me would like to go down the route of getting an up and coming coach if we do replace Lambert. We've become a managerial graveyard.

This is why I think Warnock would be good until the end of the season.

He’ll get us up and then we can look for an up and coming manager to take us forward in the future.

Must be careful not to accidentally unearth the next Paul Hurst mind.
Warnock loves the town! on 11:45 - Dec 31 with 1686 viewsSwansea_Blue

Somebody needs to be. I’m not sure what O’Neil does and how much clout he really has, and if he’s got the expertise needed, but we desperately need someone to steer us. It seems we still leave everything to the manager, and that’s killing us each time we change them.

Warnock loves the town! on 11:46 - Dec 31 with 1680 viewsOsborneOneNil

Up and coming....like Hurst?
Warnock loves the town! on 11:48 - Dec 31 with 1660 viewsSwansea_Blue

Warnock loves the town! on 11:46 - Dec 31 by OsborneOneNil

Up and coming....like Hurst?

Good versions are available!

Warnock loves the town! on 11:49 - Dec 31 with 1651 viewsHerbivore

Warnock loves the town! on 11:43 - Dec 31 by LB27

This is why I think Warnock would be good until the end of the season.

He’ll get us up and then we can look for an up and coming manager to take us forward in the future.

Must be careful not to accidentally unearth the next Paul Hurst mind.

Hurst had about 500 games under his belt as a manager so although we were a step up he wasn't really a genuine up and comer. I'd be tempted to go for a progressive coach, possibly one currently overseeing a Prem youth side and looking to make the transition to management. They'll be well schooled and will have good contacts as well as an ability to develop young talent. Lots of managers have done well from such a background.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024