Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers' interview 12:23 - Aug 17 with 8196 viewsMullet

I don't know if this helps from the media team at all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambers' interview on 12:25 - Aug 17 with 4173 viewsStadiumofdark

I thought the same.

He seems to be hurting (which is fine, after his performance), but some of what he says seems to challenge PH (again, which may be healthy, may not)

Things will get worse, before they get better IMHO.

COYB
Chambers' interview on 12:30 - Aug 17 with 4124 viewsJ2BLUE

He doesn't seem too happy.

For first time i'm slightly concerned. Got to give Hurst this season as a free hit and judge him next season. Still think we'll be comfortably clear of relegation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Chambers' interview on 12:30 - Aug 17 with 4123 viewsITFCBlues

What concerns me is that there already appears to be this "crisis" feeling around things which is completely ludicrous considering we’re only 2 games into a league season.

It just adds pressure on everyone. We’re desperate for that first win to really release that pressure and hopefully allow the players to play with more freedom….

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Chambers' interview on 12:36 - Aug 17 with 4058 viewsbluefunk

Very uncomfortable when asked about Hurst’s comments, clearly choosing his words very very carefully. Gave me the impression that he didn’t agree with PHs approach, and he was very keen to emphasise the team solidarity.

If that’s the case, then we should see a reaction against Villa, which was of course what PH wanted, but he won’t be able to repeat that approach too often if he is to keep the players with him imo.
Chambers' interview on 13:02 - Aug 17 with 3905 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers' interview on 12:30 - Aug 17 by ITFCBlues

What concerns me is that there already appears to be this "crisis" feeling around things which is completely ludicrous considering we’re only 2 games into a league season.

It just adds pressure on everyone. We’re desperate for that first win to really release that pressure and hopefully allow the players to play with more freedom….

I think that 'crisis' feeling is coming from the fans and media, not the players.

Everyone needs to chill out a bit.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Chambers' interview on 13:10 - Aug 17 with 3837 viewsSWGF

As I said to Ipsrich on Twitter, some (perhaps unnecessarily) probing questions that I don't think would have happened under the previous regime.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Chambers' interview on 13:14 - Aug 17 with 3797 viewsslump

Chambers' interview on 12:36 - Aug 17 by bluefunk

Very uncomfortable when asked about Hurst’s comments, clearly choosing his words very very carefully. Gave me the impression that he didn’t agree with PHs approach, and he was very keen to emphasise the team solidarity.

If that’s the case, then we should see a reaction against Villa, which was of course what PH wanted, but he won’t be able to repeat that approach too often if he is to keep the players with him imo.

Definitely a little prickly. Let's face it he could do no wrong under the previous bloke and by all accounts he was poor mid week.

Let's see how he reacts.

UTT

Chambers' interview on 13:16 - Aug 17 with 3783 viewsWD19

Chambers' interview on 13:14 - Aug 17 by slump

Definitely a little prickly. Let's face it he could do no wrong under the previous bloke and by all accounts he was poor mid week.

Let's see how he reacts.

Its almost as if under the previous regime the manager and club captain worked together. Shocking.
Login to get fewer ads

Chambers' interview on 13:18 - Aug 17 with 3768 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers' interview on 13:10 - Aug 17 by SWGF

As I said to Ipsrich on Twitter, some (perhaps unnecessarily) probing questions that I don't think would have happened under the previous regime.

Yeah, I think the line of questioning struck a negative tone and led to a negative interview.

Chambers said they had just had a really good training session... the interviewer could have asked him more about that and what was good about it rather than keep pushing a 'crisis' angle.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

on 13:21 - Aug 17 with 3738 views_

Chambers' interview on 13:24 - Aug 17 with 3712 viewsGuthrum

Chambers' interview on 13:10 - Aug 17 by SWGF

Find it a little odd that the in-house media team are opening up a potential can of worms like that. Especially without having perhaps prepared Chambers for what he wanted to say (so he didn't end up sounding so defensive and searching for the right words).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chambers' interview on 13:25 - Aug 17 with 3701 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers' interview on 13:24 - Aug 17 by Guthrum

Find it a little odd that the in-house media team are opening up a potential can of worms like that. Especially without having perhaps prepared Chambers for what he wanted to say (so he didn't end up sounding so defensive and searching for the right words).

Indeed.

I wonder if the PR manager is more concerned about the number re-tweets it will get rather than getting the right message across?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 13:26]

Chambers' interview on 13:25 - Aug 17 with 3691 viewsJimmyJazz

Chambers' interview on 12:36 - Aug 17 by bluefunk

I always thought these official interviews were fluffy, comfortable affairs that were never too probing. This clearly wasn't, the interviewer is asking some difficult questions and Chambers wasn't prepared for them

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Chambers' interview on 13:29 - Aug 17 with 3634 viewsGuthrum

Chambers' interview on 13:25 - Aug 17 by JimmyJazz

I always thought these official interviews were fluffy, comfortable affairs that were never too probing. This clearly wasn't, the interviewer is asking some difficult questions and Chambers wasn't prepared for them

One wonders who he was glancing over sideways at. Or whether he was just wishing he was over there instead of in front of the camera.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chambers' interview on 13:31 - Aug 17 with 3609 viewsHerbivore

I'm not really seeing too much in that to be honest. Think everything is getting overanalyzed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chambers' interview on 13:36 - Aug 17 with 3566 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers' interview on 13:31 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

I'm not really seeing too much in that to be honest. Think everything is getting overanalyzed.

'overanalyzed'? Its interesting that you chose the US spelling, is that because you're feeling a little detached from the UK at the moment? Its an odd word really, when typing, I wonder did you consider using a hyphen? Why is that not adopted I wonder, could it be?

This certainly says a lot about you, I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Chambers' interview on 13:36 - Aug 17 with 3563 viewsMullet

I agree, but I think that's because of the climate under Mick and the transition not going very well so far. This hasn't been handled very well by the club, going off this video.

To me he seems to be taking his cues from the fanbase (whether here, twitter, EADt or whatever) because that feels like he's poking Chambo there. I know a few revelled in this with Mick, but all that did was give them something to blub about and blame others for.

We're not in crisis. Situations and opinions should still be fluid, but you get the impression Hurst, certain fans have already set in stone certain aspects and ideas they've picked up on. To me that interview should have been a chance to change the narrative not dwell on it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambers' interview on 13:37 - Aug 17 with 3548 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers' interview on 13:36 - Aug 17 by Mullet

I agree, but I think that's because of the climate under Mick and the transition not going very well so far. This hasn't been handled very well by the club, going off this video.

To me he seems to be taking his cues from the fanbase (whether here, twitter, EADt or whatever) because that feels like he's poking Chambo there. I know a few revelled in this with Mick, but all that did was give them something to blub about and blame others for.

We're not in crisis. Situations and opinions should still be fluid, but you get the impression Hurst, certain fans have already set in stone certain aspects and ideas they've picked up on. To me that interview should have been a chance to change the narrative not dwell on it.

I think the interviewer spends too much time on TWTD from that line of questioning!! ;-)

Chambers' interview on 13:38 - Aug 17 with 3518 viewsKieran_Knows

As others have said, just seems a tad 'awkward' and probably could've been handled a little better.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Chambers' interview on 13:42 - Aug 17 with 3472 viewsslump

Chambers' interview on 13:16 - Aug 17 by WD19

Its almost as if under the previous regime the manager and club captain worked together. Shocking.

Personally I've nearly always responded to criticism positively in the work place. If it's deserved then I don't see an issue.

However, as others have said, there's probably nothing in this. We'll see soon enough.

UTT

Chambers' interview on 14:01 - Aug 17 with 3333 viewsBlue_Dwarf

He comes across very well in my opinion and well done the media team for asking the questions.

It shows the hurt, determination and passion that Chambers has for our club.

Despite blame being apportioned by some on the “old guard” players from the previous regime we are lucky to have him as our captain at our club.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 14:04]
Chambers' interview on 14:03 - Aug 17 with 3318 viewscobbler

Maybe he knows he is on thin ice,I trust in Hurst before chambers any day the old guard still don’t like the fact Mick has gone.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 14:11]
Chambers' interview on 14:08 - Aug 17 with 3273 viewsIllinoisblue

this. He really doesn't say a lot - if anything - out of the ordinary.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Chambers' interview on 14:09 - Aug 17 with 3263 viewsParisBlue

Chambers' interview on 14:01 - Aug 17 by Blue_Dwarf

He comes across very well in my opinion and well done the media team for asking the questions.

It shows the hurt, determination and passion that Chambers has for our club.

Despite blame being apportioned by some on the “old guard” players from the previous regime we are lucky to have him as our captain at our club.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 14:04]

Agreed. For all the comments about being a MM man it’s worth remembering that he was a Jewell signing and not MM.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Chambers' interview on 14:11 - Aug 17 with 3254 viewsPinewoodblue

Chambers looked very uncomfortable and found it difficult to be upbeat. Mistake to put this on public view. Should have been binned.Poor show all-round.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024