Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers' interview 12:23 - Aug 17 with 8209 viewsMullet

I don't know if this helps from the media team at all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambers' interview on 15:54 - Aug 17 with 1794 viewsEireannach_gorm

Chambers' interview on 13:42 - Aug 17 by buoyant

Personally I've nearly always responded to criticism positively in the work place. If it's deserved then I don't see an issue.

However, as others have said, there's probably nothing in this. We'll see soon enough.

I think the problem with Hurst's criticism is that it was done in public. I suspect you would nearly always respond badly if your boss criticised you to the whole office/general public.
Chambers' interview on 15:55 - Aug 17 with 1787 viewsDanTheMan

Chambers' interview on 15:42 - Aug 17 by Mullet

I thought those singing the praises of that puff piece were far easier pleased than me to be fair. I wasn't a fan of the whole charade.

Yeah, and Evans was certainly prepared before hand. This does not seem that way.

Don't like the interview, they shouldn't have put that up.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Chambers' interview on 17:09 - Aug 17 with 1694 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers' interview on 15:42 - Aug 17 by Mullet

I thought those singing the praises of that puff piece were far easier pleased than me to be fair. I wasn't a fan of the whole charade.

I don't get why people were irked by the Evans interview.

Of course he was going to be aware of the questions, and of course he would have thought about the answers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Chambers' interview on 17:13 - Aug 17 with 1682 viewsMullet

Chambers' interview on 17:09 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't get why people were irked by the Evans interview.

Of course he was going to be aware of the questions, and of course he would have thought about the answers.

It was more the fawning "ain't it great" he's come out from behind the curtain type nonsense reaction to it. That and people cherry picking quotes which suited them, when he literally said everything and nothing about what he was going to do.

That just caused a dynamo of nonsense getting set off and distracted from the fact we're still budgeting for the bottom quarter and pretending it's enough to succeed. When the only defining factor in that has just been chivvied out of the club.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambers' interview on 18:02 - Aug 17 with 1631 viewspointofblue

I said on Tuesday after Hurst's comments that I'd expect Skuse or, at a stretch, Edwards to come forward and be the player spokesman prior to the Villa game - someone who did not take play in midweek and was therefore not in Hurst's line of fire. Credit for the club on pushing Chambers forward, and for Chambers to be willing to face the questions, but surely they could have at least prepped him or been softer with the questions.

And Steve Pearce also hit a certain word on the head - 'crisis'. What happens when you're told not to think of something? You immediately think of it because the thought has been planted via the instruction. "This isn't a crisis though..." - well who says it is? Why does that question have to be asked? Are some inside the club starting to panic? Hopefully not but why bring it up; why acknowledge there may be some, even just in the fan base, thinking along those lines?

One thing McCarthy always said is he stays level headed no matter the result. Obviously Hurst wears his heart on his sleeve and is far more emotional in his responses but that must be a huge adjustment for the remaning players from last season, coupled with change in style. Furthermore, the Old Guard know exactly what the fanbase is like, how quickly and viciously we can turn - last year McCarthy acted as a lightning rod for the vitirol but Hurst, going by the Exeter interview, doesn't seem quite so willing to paint a target on his back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Chambers' interview on 19:33 - Aug 17 with 1590 viewsWithnail

Last season people were saying that they felt 'disconnected' with the club (I was one of them), and now people are saying an honest interview by the captain shouldn't be broadcast.
Chambers' interview on 21:36 - Aug 17 with 1546 viewschristiand

Chambers spoke very well with his measured responses. Can’t really see there’s much of an issue from this interview. Yes, he was asked some tricky questions, he’s answered them thoughtfully and honestly. Time to move on and see what Saturday brings. It’s going to be extremely tough - we all know that- however, a positive response and this will go a long way to get things back on an even keel.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Chambers' interview on 09:37 - Aug 18 with 1464 viewsNo9

The skipper - nowt else
Login to get fewer ads

Chambers' interview on 12:26 - Aug 18 with 1415 viewsRedX

I think both the Hurst interview and now the Chambers interview both came across poorly on the club.

Hurst is in the door a couple of months and it was only our 3rd competitive game and he is tearing strips off the team in public? If we seen a rival club manager doing this, some would be saying he's lost the plot. He looked agitated and not in control.

Then we have a video of our club captain released the day before a huge game challenging our manager's comments. This is all a bit odd considering it was an official interview from the club.
Chambers' interview on 13:08 - Aug 18 with 1381 viewsCurrie10

Chambers' interview on 12:26 - Aug 18 by RedX

I think both the Hurst interview and now the Chambers interview both came across poorly on the club.

Hurst is in the door a couple of months and it was only our 3rd competitive game and he is tearing strips off the team in public? If we seen a rival club manager doing this, some would be saying he's lost the plot. He looked agitated and not in control.

Then we have a video of our club captain released the day before a huge game challenging our manager's comments. This is all a bit odd considering it was an official interview from the club.

Completely agree with you to both points.
Chambers' interview on 13:35 - Aug 18 with 1361 viewsreusersfreekicks

Feel for Chambo, looks fairly fed up and as if trying not to say anything that will add fuel to the fire. He is our Captain and has a strong feeling for the club which in modern times is rare. He has played at right back and now on the left of central defence but always gives it his all and I fear we would be leaderless on the pitch without him at the moment. Suspect he will be appreciated more when he has gone...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024