Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers' interview 12:23 - Aug 17 with 8210 viewsMullet

I don't know if this helps from the media team at all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambers' interview on 14:11 - Aug 17 with 2175 viewsReuser_is_God

Chambers' interview on 14:08 - Aug 17 by Illinoisblue

this. He really doesn't say a lot - if anything - out of the ordinary.

Agreed, nothing in this at all.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Chambers' interview on 14:14 - Aug 17 with 2173 viewsKieran_Knows

Chambers' interview on 14:11 - Aug 17 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed, nothing in this at all.

Would you honestly say he looks comfortable with it all? I don't necessarily think anything he's saying is wrong, but it certainly looks/feel awkward.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Chambers' interview on 14:19 - Aug 17 with 2161 viewsIllinoisblue

Chambers' interview on 14:14 - Aug 17 by Kieran_Knows

Would you honestly say he looks comfortable with it all? I don't necessarily think anything he's saying is wrong, but it certainly looks/feel awkward.

really? I didn't see that at all. Obviously if we'd just won 3 games he would have been more jovial.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Chambers' interview on 14:21 - Aug 17 with 2153 viewsReuser_is_God

As I said earlier, he’s sticking up for the players (which he would do) & he’s not saying Hurst was in the wrong.

It was bit of an awkward interview which was possibly a bit needless.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Chambers' interview on 14:29 - Aug 17 with 2120 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Chambers' interview on 13:29 - Aug 17 by Guthrum

One wonders who he was glancing over sideways at. Or whether he was just wishing he was over there instead of in front of the camera.

I think he was checking to see if Hursty was coming !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Chambers' interview on 14:33 - Aug 17 with 2100 viewsTractorJack

Footballers never look comfortable in interviews though.
Chambers' interview on 14:33 - Aug 17 with 2103 viewsitfcjoe

Chambers' interview on 14:21 - Aug 17 by Reuser_is_God

As I said earlier, he’s sticking up for the players (which he would do) & he’s not saying Hurst was in the wrong.

It was bit of an awkward interview which was possibly a bit needless.

The bit that jumped out was when he was saying about some players being uncomfortable in speaking up in a group, and he'd never put them on the spot like that because all people are different.

That seems to directly conflict with Hurst saying no one spoke up.

Without looking too far into it, is Chambers strained as the go-between between players and management?

Hopefully we get a win and all these little issues go away, because to succeed we need an in-form Chambers working well as a conduit between management team and squad.

I think this interview would have been better of being binned rather than shown though - realistically Hurst's after the game could have been too. The EADT guys said he'd calmed down after his club one so may have just been a bit emotional.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chambers' interview on 14:34 - Aug 17 with 2088 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Chambers' interview on 13:42 - Aug 17 by buoyant

Personally I've nearly always responded to criticism positively in the work place. If it's deserved then I don't see an issue.

However, as others have said, there's probably nothing in this. We'll see soon enough.

I think there have been issues between them from the get go. There was a comment Hurst made early on about Chambers being the club captain and match captain if selected.......maybe didn't need spelling out so early on or publicly.

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers' interview on 14:37 - Aug 17 with 2080 viewsMullet

Chambers' interview on 14:08 - Aug 17 by Illinoisblue

this. He really doesn't say a lot - if anything - out of the ordinary.

He's constantly looking away and shifting on his feet and mincing his words in a few places while finding the right ones.

That's not the Chambo that swore live on Sky Sports is it? He's usually somewhere much more between those two poles.

Chambers' interview on 14:40 - Aug 17 with 2060 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Chambers' interview on 14:34 - Aug 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think there have been issues between them from the get go. There was a comment Hurst made early on about Chambers being the club captain and match captain if selected.......maybe didn't need spelling out so early on or publicly.

......further to this wasn't Nolan skipper at Shrewsbury so maybe Chambers is thinking there is another voice talking to Hurst! Pretty awkward set up on a psychological level.

Chambers' interview on 14:41 - Aug 17 with 2052 viewsPJH

Chambers' interview on 14:37 - Aug 17 by Mullet

He's constantly looking away and shifting on his feet and mincing his words in a few places while finding the right ones.

That's not the Chambo that swore live on Sky Sports is it? He's usually somewhere much more between those two poles.

I thought we had only got Bart.

Has Hurst signed another Pole, from League One of course?
Chambers' interview on 14:41 - Aug 17 with 2047 viewsKieran_Knows

Chambers' interview on 14:41 - Aug 17 by PJH

Piotr Malarczyk returned during the summer.....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Chambers' interview on 14:43 - Aug 17 with 2040 viewsPJH

Chambers' interview on 14:41 - Aug 17 by Kieran_Knows

Piotr Malarczyk returned during the summer.....

That did cross my mind before posting, that explains Mullet's post then.
Chambers' interview on 14:44 - Aug 17 with 2035 viewsMullet

Chambers' interview on 14:41 - Aug 17 by PJH

That's for pitching your joke somewhere between Hoppy and Godfrey from Dad's Army!

Chambers' interview on 14:48 - Aug 17 with 2017 viewsIllinoisblue

Chambers' interview on 14:37 - Aug 17 by Mullet

next, we'll hear from our body language expert and what this means for Ipswich's relegation battle in the middle of August.

62 - 78 - 81

Chambers' interview on 14:48 - Aug 17 with 2008 viewsPJH

Chambers' interview on 14:44 - Aug 17 by Mullet

That's for pitching your joke somewhere between Hoppy and Godfrey from Dad's Army!

If Hoppy had not been so busy at work (or lunch) he would have posted it first.
Chambers' interview on 14:50 - Aug 17 with 1997 viewsLeagueOne

Chambers' interview on 12:25 - Aug 17 by Stadiumofdark

I thought the same.

He seems to be hurting (which is fine, after his performance), but some of what he says seems to challenge PH (again, which may be healthy, may not)

Things will get worse, before they get better IMHO.

COYB

I have liked Hurst's honesty so far but get a feeling of dejection and despair from Chambers that seems very alien. Maybe Hurst should cool it, because that sounds like a man on a sinking ship rather than someone positive and ready for a new challenge.

Let's hope something good is on the horizon, I am starting to get that sinking feeling myself seeing all this unfold.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Chambers' interview on 14:51 - Aug 17 with 1996 viewsMullet

Chambers' interview on 14:48 - Aug 17 by Illinoisblue

next, we'll hear from our body language expert and what this means for Ipswich's relegation battle in the middle of August.

But we're not really talking about relegation battles, more the thinking behind putting this out there. Let alone the bloke thought that was appropriate in terms of lines of questioning after the week just gone.

Anyone saying this is normal Luke Chambers is kidding themselves. The club would be better off not doing these things right now.

Chambers' interview on 14:56 - Aug 17 with 1974 viewsIP33

Definitely not himself. Must of been a hard week after the public criticism. Let's hope we get a positive reaction and he has a blinder tomorrow. Really important we get behind them tomorrow.
Chambers' interview on 14:57 - Aug 17 with 1977 viewsIllinoisblue

Chambers' interview on 14:51 - Aug 17 by Mullet

But we're not really talking about relegation battles, more the thinking behind putting this out there. Let alone the bloke thought that was appropriate in terms of lines of questioning after the week just gone.

Anyone saying this is normal Luke Chambers is kidding themselves. The club would be better off not doing these things right now.

I just think there's an awful lot of bedwetting going on about this. Surely after a crap start to the season (and let's be honest, that's exactly what it is - awful defending in 3 games against supposedly lesser opposition) Chambo should look a bit down and pissed off.

It maybe would have lightened the mood if a Bish or a Skuse had engaged in some off-camera bantz near the end of the interview.

62 - 78 - 81

Chambers' interview on 14:57 - Aug 17 with 1970 viewsLeagueOne

Chambers' interview on 14:51 - Aug 17 by Mullet

Agreed.

We can mock the whole "relegation" in August thing at the moment, but he looks like a beaten man - if he's feeling that way it's probably a reflection of the squad overall which even in August is pretty damning.

We have some tough games coming up, if we lose those also some of the support is going to turn much quicker than usual given by the noises being made already. Maybe there was just too much hype and expectation this summer? I don't know.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Chambers' interview on 15:02 - Aug 17 with 1925 viewshoppy

Chambers' interview on 13:31 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

I'm not really seeing too much in that to be honest. Think everything is getting overanalyzed.

Why do you think that is?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Chambers' interview on 15:17 - Aug 17 with 1886 viewsDarth_Koont

There's definitely an exchange of opinions here. That's not at all bad for Hurst and the team if that's the culture he wants and ultimately the players have bought into or need to buy into.

But I think this airing is very dangerous for some of our more fragile fans. It's been two draws and a loss so far where we should have done better admittedly. But that already seems to have scratched through the thin veneer of positivity. If we don't get that back relatively quickly then these frank exchanges become ammunition for the next wave of numbskullery amidst the more legitimate concern about another potential false dawn.

Pronouns: He/Him

Chambers' interview on 15:39 - Aug 17 with 1841 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

I find it slightly odd that everyone in this thread is talking about 'the interviewer'. It's not some novice - it's Steve Pearce. He's been working the club's media operation as long as I can remember. People were singing his praises after the Marcus Evans interview, largely because he did ask the tough questions.

We can argue about whether it is 'necessary' at this stage but I really don't think this interview is as awkward or inflammatory as some of the replies here suggest.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 15:39]
Chambers' interview on 15:42 - Aug 17 with 1825 viewsMullet

Chambers' interview on 15:39 - Aug 17 by NoCanariesAllowed

I find it slightly odd that everyone in this thread is talking about 'the interviewer'. It's not some novice - it's Steve Pearce. He's been working the club's media operation as long as I can remember. People were singing his praises after the Marcus Evans interview, largely because he did ask the tough questions.

We can argue about whether it is 'necessary' at this stage but I really don't think this interview is as awkward or inflammatory as some of the replies here suggest.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 15:39]

I thought those singing the praises of that puff piece were far easier pleased than me to be fair. I wasn't a fan of the whole charade.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024