Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We were never going to win every remaining game 16:58 - Apr 10 with 1642 viewsDubtractor

Frustrating today, and really should have seen it out, but two winnable home games now to get going again.

Let's hope that is the last time we play Cheltenham for a long time!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We were never going to win every remaining game on 16:59 - Apr 10 with 1437 viewsGeoffSentence

Not too much damage done, still in our own hands.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We were never going to win every remaining game on 16:59 - Apr 10 with 1419 viewsArnieM

Let’s hope so. I think we missed Broadhead a lot today. Difficult conditions but they spirited to deal with it better than us in my view.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:00 - Apr 10 with 1390 viewsJ2BLUE

That could end up looking a very decent point if we win the two home games.

The Plymouth loss is massive.

It's in our hands with 6 games to go. Could we really have asked for any more?

Celebrate the great run and prepare for Saturday.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:00 - Apr 10 with 1376 viewsgainsboroughblue

We were never going to win every remaining game on 16:59 - Apr 10 by GeoffSentence

Not too much damage done, still in our own hands.

Conditions were a leveller. It was always going to be a scrap. Just never seems to be any space to operate on that Cheltenham pitch and they work bloody hard. Terrible error for the goal but in isolation, it's not a horrendous result, especially as Plymouth capsized at home.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:01 - Apr 10 with 1343 viewsSarge

We are never going to beat Cheltenham. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team with such a consistently low desire to do anything in a game take so many points off us. They’ve probably had what, 5 shots against us in total over two years?
We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:01 - Apr 10 with 1337 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

We were never going to win every remaining game on 16:59 - Apr 10 by ArnieM

Let’s hope so. I think we missed Broadhead a lot today. Difficult conditions but they spirited to deal with it better than us in my view.

We did although Edwards was very promising. One silly mix up cost us. Jackson had one his poorer performances in a long time, did not look confident at all out there although the game changed so not easy.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:03 - Apr 10 with 1266 viewsPowrigan

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:01 - Apr 10 by Sarge

We are never going to beat Cheltenham. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team with such a consistently low desire to do anything in a game take so many points off us. They’ve probably had what, 5 shots against us in total over two years?

“We are never going to beat Cheltenham”

God help this club,
We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:03 - Apr 10 with 1230 viewsclive_baker

On balance it's not the worst point away to Cheltenham, but bloody disappointing that we threw away the win with some comical defending having managed the game really well after going ahead.

We need to regroup and go again now with these back to back home games. I'm pretty confident the title will be in our hands going in to the final 4 if we can take 6 points from these next 2.

On another note that commentator was so annoying. Ironic that we were playing in Cheltenham and he sounded like he was commentating on a horse race for the most part.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:05 - Apr 10 with 1153 viewsCrawfordsboot

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:03 - Apr 10 by clive_baker

On balance it's not the worst point away to Cheltenham, but bloody disappointing that we threw away the win with some comical defending having managed the game really well after going ahead.

We need to regroup and go again now with these back to back home games. I'm pretty confident the title will be in our hands going in to the final 4 if we can take 6 points from these next 2.

On another note that commentator was so annoying. Ironic that we were playing in Cheltenham and he sounded like he was commentating on a horse race for the most part.

Agreed - He talked so much that it was more like a radio commentary
We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:07 - Apr 10 with 1114 viewsclive_baker

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:05 - Apr 10 by Crawfordsboot

I had to put him on mute for some respite. Right motor mouth.

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:08 - Apr 10 with 1095 viewsDJR

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:05 - Apr 10 by Crawfordsboot

I thought he was quite good and had the odd stab at humour, and for those with an audio-pass perhaps they got more of an idea about what was going on.
We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:09 - Apr 10 with 1065 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Well said. Tough game, impossible to win them all especially away from home where the ‘smaller’ teams won’t come at us. Broadhead will be a miss he’s taken us to the next level. As much as I like Jackson for his pace and workrate he’s a clear downgrade on Burns, played it too safe rather than for the ball in the box.

No need for a Weds style meltdown we go again.
We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:15 - Apr 10 with 1019 viewsChurchman

It’s disappointing. Very disappointing.

However, no team is going to win every game to nil for ever. No team is going to put in a brilliant performance every week. It doesn't happen. We took a point away from home. It’s not the worst result in the world, especially with Plymouth surprisingly losing.

Ok, we are out of the top two, but there are games to play. Two home games in just over a week - let’s go again.

Instead of hurling the toys out, we could try saying well done on a brilliant run to get us at least in contention, which we certainly weren’t two months ago.
We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:15 - Apr 10 with 1013 viewsLankHenners

The manner of the goal makes it a kick in the teeth but as you say a very good opportunity to put things right with two games at home whilst Plymouth and Wednesday both have a couple of awkward away fixtures.

Fair play to Cheltenham, kept themselves in the game, used the conditions to make it difficult, stole a point really but can see why they've picked up some good results across the season. Like you I've had enough of them now though!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:20 - Apr 10 with 979 viewsLankHenners

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:07 - Apr 10 by clive_baker

I had to put him on mute for some respite. Right motor mouth.

Ha - I put him on mute as well, not for the first time this season watching on iFollow I might add. Kept wanging on about how brilliantly we did everything, how easy it was for us and how much better we were than them that it did my head in. Don't care or need to know how old everyone who touches the ball is either.

I get it's the style of these in-house things but I'm sorry to say I find him a difficult listen.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:20 - Apr 10 with 966 viewstractorboy1978

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:03 - Apr 10 by clive_baker

It's cemented just how good/more of an upgrade Broadhead is. I thought Harness was guff first half and Jackson was even worse when he came on. The idea at any point that he's a better option than Burns is truly laughable. Decent cameo from Edwards.

Hard to be too critical of Walton. He just misjudged it in awkward conditions. He will be disappointed but he's been excellent in recent weeks.

Like you say, just need to do our job in the next two home games. Charlton having a little revival might actually be a decent thing for us if they come and try to play football with a bit of confidence.
We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:26 - Apr 10 with 909 viewsLord_Lucan

Did I spot you by the corner flag?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:40 - Apr 10 with 864 viewsDubtractor

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:26 - Apr 10 by Lord_Lucan

Did I spot you by the corner flag?

Nope, not me.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We were never going to win every remaining game on 18:05 - Apr 10 with 754 viewscbower

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:01 - Apr 10 by SlippinJimmyJuan

We did although Edwards was very promising. One silly mix up cost us. Jackson had one his poorer performances in a long time, did not look confident at all out there although the game changed so not easy.

Yeah, Jackson had a number of opportunities to get in behind, get a cross in or go at his man and was unable to deliver. Just don’t think the ball was rolling very well on that surface myself. Aluko alluded to it being a bit long just before kick off.

bluescouser

We were never going to win every remaining game on 18:09 - Apr 10 with 740 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

We were never going to win every remaining game on 18:05 - Apr 10 by cbower

Yeah, Jackson had a number of opportunities to get in behind, get a cross in or go at his man and was unable to deliver. Just don’t think the ball was rolling very well on that surface myself. Aluko alluded to it being a bit long just before kick off.

Yeah it just never looked on for him sadly. Agree with that, not a pitch or conditions that suited us but we were good enough for the three points bar a brief headless chicken routine!

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

We were never going to win every remaining game on 18:11 - Apr 10 with 718 viewsRyorry

I was on audio only for the first 70 mins & he was terrible. Didn't even think to actually tell us that we'd scored till about 30 secs after it went in, just said something vague & meaningless in a monotone voice - it was only the distant cheering of our travelling fans that put us in the picture.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We were never going to win every remaining game on 18:11 - Apr 10 with 710 viewstractor_lady

My fav comment was it was tough for us having two games over the weekend and travelling away… isn’t that what every team in the league did?? He was well annoying!!!
We were never going to win every remaining game on 18:16 - Apr 10 with 666 viewsclive_baker

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:20 - Apr 10 by LankHenners

Ha - I put him on mute as well, not for the first time this season watching on iFollow I might add. Kept wanging on about how brilliantly we did everything, how easy it was for us and how much better we were than them that it did my head in. Don't care or need to know how old everyone who touches the ball is either.

I get it's the style of these in-house things but I'm sorry to say I find him a difficult listen.

Yeah, proper nauseating. Found his million mile an hour rabbiting on a bit much personally. I don’t mind a bit of quiet time! But equally probably better for those on audio.

We were never going to win every remaining game on 18:19 - Apr 10 with 616 viewsclive_baker

We were never going to win every remaining game on 17:20 - Apr 10 by tractorboy1978

It's cemented just how good/more of an upgrade Broadhead is. I thought Harness was guff first half and Jackson was even worse when he came on. The idea at any point that he's a better option than Burns is truly laughable. Decent cameo from Edwards.

Hard to be too critical of Walton. He just misjudged it in awkward conditions. He will be disappointed but he's been excellent in recent weeks.

Like you say, just need to do our job in the next two home games. Charlton having a little revival might actually be a decent thing for us if they come and try to play football with a bit of confidence.

Jackson seems too afraid of making a mistake. Fresh legs and pace, run at your man. If it doesn’t come off all of the time then that’s ok, it’s inevitable. Just want to see a little more ambition from him, he took the easy option at every turn. Fair enough at 1-0 but for the last 10 minutes I would’ve liked him to throw some caution to the wind

We were never going to win every remaining game on 18:20 - Apr 10 with 603 viewsRyorry

We were never going to win every remaining game on 18:16 - Apr 10 by clive_baker

Yeah, proper nauseating. Found his million mile an hour rabbiting on a bit much personally. I don’t mind a bit of quiet time! But equally probably better for those on audio.

Really wasn't, esp when he can't even relay the fundamentals to you, like "we scored" in a timely fashion!

When I went on the app at 70 mins for the video, I got, for whatever reason, the away comm, which was pretty good - tho I turned the volume down after they equalised, for superstitious reasons!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024