Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? 20:28 - Mar 1 with 1759 viewsgainsboroughblue

Madness from the Soton centre half but surely if that is a penalty, its also a red card for violent conduct?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:40 - Mar 1 with 1676 viewscbower

Maybe we were a bit hasty with Hurst?

bluescouser

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:42 - Mar 1 with 1670 viewsOldsmoker

Madness from the ref for giving it.
His push in the back on the Soton player had more force than the retaliatory tap on his back.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:43 - Mar 1 with 1656 viewsbournemouthblue

Just discovered it's on ITV4

Looks far better than the other two ties

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:43 - Mar 1 with 1656 viewsOldsmoker

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:40 - Mar 1 by cbower

The wheels will start coming off soon.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:44 - Mar 1 with 1652 viewscbower

2-0 is a dangerous score as it's 2 -1 now!

bluescouser

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:45 - Mar 1 with 1650 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We were ... in the appointment and not the sacking.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:50 - Mar 1 with 1629 viewscbower

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:45 - Mar 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

We were ... in the appointment and not the sacking.

He was universally welcomed by the entire fanbase as exactly what we needed post Mick wasn't he?

bluescouser

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:01 - Mar 1 with 1584 viewsquirkie

Grimsby really should have been 3-1, the Soton score, but var'd off.

Interesting last 10 mins here.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:12 - Mar 1 with 1516 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:50 - Mar 1 by cbower

He was universally welcomed by the entire fanbase as exactly what we needed post Mick wasn't he?

Fairly universally, yes. Several started questioning him very early when they saw the players he was bringing in. I wasn't one of those - I thought he was going to be a breath of fresh air.

That doesn't change the fact we should never have appointed him and never have allowed the complete overhaul of the squad that was done. As I say, far too hasty an appointment by someone who repeatedly took very poor advice.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:14 - Mar 1 with 1502 viewsITFC_Forever

Hopeless Hurst and Deputy Doig about to get into the quarter finals.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:18 - Mar 1 with 1473 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 20:50 - Mar 1 by cbower

I don’t remember it being universal. Some of us on here were happy to wait and reserve judgement after seeing how things went for a while. A lot were positive though. The ones that stood out for me were those few who had seen him at Shrewsbury or who know Shrews fans. They were the most negative of the lot, saying his football was negative and attritional, which in hindsight should have been a warning.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:21 - Mar 1 with 1442 viewsMVBlue

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:14 - Mar 1 by ITFC_Forever

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:21 - Mar 1 with 1445 viewsMVBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:21 - Mar 1 with 1443 viewsMVBlue

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:21 - Mar 1 with 1442 viewsMVBlue

Is Hirst still putting his first team in a whatsapp chat group

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:23 - Mar 1 with 1442 viewsSharkey

That's one hell of a result, a D2 team winning away against a PL team. Sad that the media probably won't make much of it, the FA Cup not being what it once was.

Hats off to Fleetwood too - still 0-0 as I write, and played the whole second half a man down. Scott Brown has certainly given them a mean defence.

oops - I jinxed 'em
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 21:25]
Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:56 - Mar 1 with 1274 viewsGuthrum

I think the mistake was his appointment to Championship Ipswich rather than League Two Grimsby. Too high, too fast and didn't handle the spending power well.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 23:19 - Mar 1 with 1095 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:56 - Mar 1 by Guthrum

I think the mistake was his appointment to Championship Ipswich rather than League Two Grimsby. Too high, too fast and didn't handle the spending power well.

Fatal recruitment turned out to be the biggest Hurst's mistake. But there was a bigger problem for the club than him and that was the players and their stinking attitude. I mean the players whom he inherited, so called proper blokes. They relegated us without a fight. They didn't instigate any effort.

They'd appeal to Evans to sack Hurst. They got their wish. But they never performed afterwards either. What was their new problem? Frauds. They didn't perform for Hurst, for Lambert, for Cook. The latter saw their attitude, losing in an abject way to Fleetwood 0-2, Northampton 0-3, Wimbledon 0-3 hence the Demolition Job. Yet we still some utter clowns in our fanbase saying that Cook should have been more respectful when telling the 'proper blokes' to leave the club.

Hurst had a real misfortune to work with those players. Yes, he was poor and Championship wasn't his level but if it hadn't been him then the players would have sacked somebody else.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 23:24]
Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 23:28 - Mar 1 with 1069 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 23:19 - Mar 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

Fatal recruitment turned out to be the biggest Hurst's mistake. But there was a bigger problem for the club than him and that was the players and their stinking attitude. I mean the players whom he inherited, so called proper blokes. They relegated us without a fight. They didn't instigate any effort.

They'd appeal to Evans to sack Hurst. They got their wish. But they never performed afterwards either. What was their new problem? Frauds. They didn't perform for Hurst, for Lambert, for Cook. The latter saw their attitude, losing in an abject way to Fleetwood 0-2, Northampton 0-3, Wimbledon 0-3 hence the Demolition Job. Yet we still some utter clowns in our fanbase saying that Cook should have been more respectful when telling the 'proper blokes' to leave the club.

Hurst had a real misfortune to work with those players. Yes, he was poor and Championship wasn't his level but if it hadn't been him then the players would have sacked somebody else.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 23:24]

I can't see the right-hand side of my screen at the moment, so it's hard for me to know who has posted this.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 23:36 - Mar 1 with 1055 viewsgainsboroughblue

Hurst will be the second sacked Town boss to take a team in his second spell to the semi finals of the FA Cup if Grimsby get through the next round.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 01:15 - Mar 2 with 959 viewstractordownsouth

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:18 - Mar 1 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t remember it being universal. Some of us on here were happy to wait and reserve judgement after seeing how things went for a while. A lot were positive though. The ones that stood out for me were those few who had seen him at Shrewsbury or who know Shrews fans. They were the most negative of the lot, saying his football was negative and attritional, which in hindsight should have been a warning.

I still maintain that stylistically he was a good appointment at the time. The squad had been built in Mick’s image so we couldn’t start playing attractive football with the players we had. Hurst’s Shrewsbury team was fairly direct but slightly more front foot which was about as far as we could push the compromise.

Shame his man management and recruitment were absolute toilet. Incredible he’s now an FA Cup quarter finalist.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 15:07 - Mar 2 with 627 viewsGarv

Anyone watching Saints vs Grimsby? on 21:23 - Mar 1 by Sharkey

That's one hell of a result, a D2 team winning away against a PL team. Sad that the media probably won't make much of it, the FA Cup not being what it once was.

Hats off to Fleetwood too - still 0-0 as I write, and played the whole second half a man down. Scott Brown has certainly given them a mean defence.

oops - I jinxed 'em
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 21:25]

Harsh sending off for Fleetwood as well.

Rooney being a twot as usual, however.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024