Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
September 08:36 - Sep 2 with 1229 viewsjayessess

Monthly what do we need/what will we get thread, for our September fixtures, which are as follows:

Accrington (A)
Cambridge United (H)
Bristol Rovers (H)
Sheffield Wednesday (A)
Plymouth (A)

Trickier month than August with 2 of the hardest games of the season and another away trip we tend to struggle with.

Now we're up here, we need to keep above 2 points per game overall, which works out at 8 points from the 5, so that's the minimum for me.

Predictions - I think we'll win one, draw one of the big away games, beat Accy, but somehow stuff up one of the easier two home games. 10 points.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

September on 08:41 - Sep 2 with 1190 viewsJakeITFC

Win
Win
Draw
Draw
Draw
September on 08:55 - Sep 2 with 1158 viewsNthQldITFC

Three wins, a draw and a defeat would be fine for what we need.

Five wins is what we will get, or something close to it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

September on 09:11 - Sep 2 with 1133 viewsDaninthecampo

WWWDW
September on 09:29 - Sep 2 with 1116 viewspeterleeblue

Accrington (A) Win
Cambridge United (H) Win
Bristol Rovers (H) Win
Sheffield Wednesday (A) Lose
Plymouth (A) Draw
September on 09:33 - Sep 2 with 1101 viewsdirtyboy

September on 09:29 - Sep 2 by peterleeblue

Accrington (A) Win
Cambridge United (H) Win
Bristol Rovers (H) Win
Plymouth (A) Draw

Wouldn't be unhappy with that.

Suspect we'll probably lose one of the first three and draw with SW instead.

8 points would be okay, I can live with that.
September on 09:36 - Sep 2 with 1085 viewsMetal_Hacker

So long as we don't lose against Sheff Weds because the Weds fans I play 5 a side with on a Thursday will make my life hell for months

Accrington (A) 3
Cambridge United (H) 3
Bristol Rovers (H) 3
Sheffield Wednesday (A) 1
Plymouth (A) 1

Poll: If it were one or the other

September on 09:47 - Sep 2 with 1045 viewsjayessess

September on 09:33 - Sep 2 by dirtyboy

Wouldn't be unhappy with that.

Suspect we'll probably lose one of the first three and draw with SW instead.

8 points would be okay, I can live with that.

Think winning at least one of those tough away games would really confirm that we're real title contenders, so I'd love us to tick one of those off.

September on 09:47 - Sep 2 with 1045 viewsHighgateBlue

Those first three are very winnable. Accrington don't have a great home record (three draws) and Cambridge and Rovers are both fairly weak on the road. We should be winning all three.

The other two are trickier of course, and potential six pointers. Both Plymouth and Wednesday have very good home records. Three points across those two games would be a good return, but I'd settle for two draws if we've done the business in the first three games.

I think we'll get 10 points or more. I think 10 points would be a good return given that (a) there are two pretty hard games in there, (b) we have a few injuries, and (c) our new signings may take time to have an impact (I'm not gonna say gel! oops...)
Login to get fewer ads

15 points obviously on 09:51 - Sep 2 with 1027 viewsDyland

nfftffs

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

September on 09:59 - Sep 2 with 997 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Win
Win
Win
Loss
Draw
September on 10:14 - Sep 2 with 955 viewsLankHenners

The first two are opportunities to right wrongs from last season (something McKenna clearly uses as a motivation tool) but both fixtures we really struggled to get to grips with. Would be a big confidence boost to get back to back wins from them then follow it up by beating Rovers who have had a mixed start but struggled against a couple of the better sides so far.

In terms of points, winning the first 3 and losing the next 2 would give 9/15 which isn't awful but we need to be aiming for more than that and also need to show we can see off the other promotion chasers. Plymouth the better chance of 3 points as I can't see many away teams winning at Hillsborough.

I thought we'd make more of a meal out of the first month than we did so will say an optimistic 12 points from 4 wins and a loss.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

September on 10:15 - Sep 2 with 940 viewsunbelievablue

WIN Accrington (A)
WIN Cambridge United (H)
DRAW Bristol Rovers (H)
DRAW Sheffield Wednesday (A)
DRAW Plymouth (A)

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

September on 10:15 - Sep 2 with 935 viewsDinDjarin

WIN 2 - 1 Accrington (A)
WIN 2 - 0 Cambridge United (H)
WIN 3 - 0 Bristol Rovers (H)
DRAW 1 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday (A)
WIN 1- 0 Plymouth (A)
September on 10:18 - Sep 2 with 901 viewsusm

D
W
W
L
W

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Season defining September.... on 10:31 - Sep 2 with 872 viewsunstableblue

Unbelievably I predicted all the right results in August! and 14 points is strong, with 2.3 ppg across the season being automatic form. But it's a shame we only drew with Bolton (who were good on the day) and couldn't go up a gear against Barnsley.

We seem to now be able to beat the lower teams, even if they sit deep, and I think Accrington away is going to be the ultimate test of this. I still have a niggle about how we're going to fair against the top teams - Sheff Weds and Plymouth away are going to test us. I also think Cambridge and Bristol Rovers are HUGE banana skins... Cambridge will travel in numbers, and its a derby, and they are W3D1L2.

So in summary if we made 2PPG through September, I think it would set up quite an automatic push, BUT there's a real chance of a set-back.

My predictions below:

Accrington (A) - W
Cambridge United (H) - D
Bristol Rovers (H) - W
Sheffield Wednesday (A) - L
Plymouth (A) - W

10 points - 2PPG secured... and we'd be up and around the top...

It all starts with a tough tough test at Accrington!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Season defining September.... on 10:40 - Sep 2 with 851 viewsjayessess

Season defining September.... on 10:31 - Sep 2 by unstableblue

Unbelievably I predicted all the right results in August! and 14 points is strong, with 2.3 ppg across the season being automatic form. But it's a shame we only drew with Bolton (who were good on the day) and couldn't go up a gear against Barnsley.

We seem to now be able to beat the lower teams, even if they sit deep, and I think Accrington away is going to be the ultimate test of this. I still have a niggle about how we're going to fair against the top teams - Sheff Weds and Plymouth away are going to test us. I also think Cambridge and Bristol Rovers are HUGE banana skins... Cambridge will travel in numbers, and its a derby, and they are W3D1L2.

So in summary if we made 2PPG through September, I think it would set up quite an automatic push, BUT there's a real chance of a set-back.

My predictions below:

Accrington (A) - W
Cambridge United (H) - D
Bristol Rovers (H) - W
Plymouth (A) - W

Don't think Accrington will sit deep, they'll go long and look to press high (rather like Burton). Shame really, because we swatted aside the only low block team we've played quite easily (Shrewsbury).

Season defining September.... on 10:50 - Sep 2 with 819 viewsDinDjarin

My predictions below:

Accrington (A) - W
Cambridge United (H) - D
Bristol Rovers (H) - W
Plymouth (A) - W

Plymouth and Wednesday will play football rather than hoofball and I think if we are at it then no one can live with how we are setup / phases of play and also our high press.
Season defining September.... on 10:53 - Sep 2 with 805 viewsjayessess

My predictions below:

Accrington (A) - W
Cambridge United (H) - D
Bristol Rovers (H) - W
Plymouth (A) - W

On Accrington's press:

One of those where if we're on our game we'll play through the press and find a lot of space in behind and if we're off it they'll put us under a lot of pressure.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 10:54]

September on 11:03 - Sep 2 with 762 viewsGeoffSentence

September on 09:29 - Sep 2 by peterleeblue

Accrington (A) Win
Cambridge United (H) Win
Bristol Rovers (H) Win
Plymouth (A) Draw

The Accrington game is the one I am most concerned about. We always seem to struggle up there.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

September on 11:10 - Sep 2 with 743 viewsBig_Jase

Accrington (A) - Loss
Cambridge United (H) - Win
Bristol Rovers (H) - Win
Sheffield (A) - Win
Plymouth (A) - Draw

10 points, carrying on at 2 a game.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

September on 09:57 - Sep 26 with 457 viewsjayessess

7 from 12 in the end, rather than 10 from 15 ...
Shame more of those points didn't come in the hard aways really.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024