Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hopefully a game we can draw a line under 08:34 - Jan 29 with 1645 viewsitfcjoe

Because it was utter rubbish.

The league table looks a lot worse than it did pre game too with Pompey, Peterborough and Wycombe winning.

Need a big reaction on Saturday, getting to must win territory in the home games, especially with the fact we haven't beaten a good team this year yet

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:39 - Jan 29 with 1612 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I am seriously concerned. Maybe I am just flouncing but if we don't make top two imo there is no way we are going up via playoffs. At this moment in time do I think we are going up top two.....no.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:40 - Jan 29 with 1615 viewsartsbossbeard

It's difficult to understand how the same group of players can put in such contrasting performances from Saturday to Tuesday.

Some credit goes to Rotherham as their tempo was spot on but even still, it was a shocker.

As you rightly say, it's done.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:40 - Jan 29 with 1605 viewsChrisd

All getting a little congested in that top 10. Apparently, not beating any of our promotion rivals doesn't matter?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:41 - Jan 29 with 1587 viewsReuser_is_God

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:40 - Jan 29 by artsbossbeard

It's difficult to understand how the same group of players can put in such contrasting performances from Saturday to Tuesday.

Some credit goes to Rotherham as their tempo was spot on but even still, it was a shocker.

Yeah, your first para is what is frustrating me.

Saturday was the best we’d been on the ball in some time, last night was the worst.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:45 - Jan 29 with 1555 viewsChrisd

Think you have to give plenty of credit to Rotherham, you might not respect their style of play, but they dictated from the first whistle and didn't allow us to play to our strengths. They've shown the blueprint to other sides in L1 on how to play against us.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:50 - Jan 29 with 1504 viewsDarth_Koont

More than some credit to Rotherham, I think. Their fans thought they were immense - and I must admit I thought they were very good throughout.

This is worth a read:
http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38257377

Of course, when we were squeezed and pressured, we weren't up to the task. So hopefully Lambert and the team can learn where we went wrong and not just treat it as a one-off.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:52 - Jan 29 with 1492 viewsBiGDonnie

Shocking last night. We have one tactic, try to lump it over the top to Jackson and Rotherham dealt with that EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Why not try something different? I don't want Lambert sacked, far from it, however I do think there are plenty of others who would have done seriously better this season.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:56 - Jan 29 with 1460 viewsPinewoodblue

Our next six home games are against teams that currently have ambition of making the play offs. We need to make each and everyone of those games count.

It is in our hands, as it is with the other ten, or so, teams, to push on. Peterborough dropped to 10th and have comeback strongly, a win for them Saturday and we are down to 4th. Tightest league in the EFL.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:56 - Jan 29 with 1452 viewshomer_123

That is football though and, moreover, football at this level.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 09:25 - Jan 29 with 1362 viewsFixed_It

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:52 - Jan 29 by BiGDonnie

Shocking last night. We have one tactic, try to lump it over the top to Jackson and Rotherham dealt with that EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Why not try something different? I don't want Lambert sacked, far from it, however I do think there are plenty of others who would have done seriously better this season.

I don't think it was a tactic. Wwe just had a number of players who were well-below par and that was the only outlet available at times. But you are right - we were woeful throughout.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 09:26 - Jan 29 with 1357 viewsITFC_Forever

Lose both these next two games (P'boro and Sunderland) and we could be virtually out of the top six.....then it'll be a real scrap just to get in the POs, never mind the top two.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 09:29 - Jan 29 with 1334 viewshampstead_blue

We simply got bullied off the park.
Rotherham played their game very well.

I watched it on the iplayer and felt early that we needed another body in central midfield. I would have got Judge off and Bishop on. Teddy can take and run with the ball. If he had got ball to feet I feel we could have opened them up.

FD had a great run, burst through. With Bishop on I do feel we could have taken them. They are not that good and were there to be had.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 09:36 - Jan 29 with 1303 viewsunstableblue

Agree with Joe need to draw a line under that game. And try to get a performance against Peterborough. Perhaps swapping out Judge.

With regard your point, massive difference in how Rotherham got in our faces compare to Lincoln.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 09:48 - Jan 29 with 1249 viewsPinewoodblue

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 08:56 - Jan 29 by homer_123

That is football though and, moreover, football at this level.

The potential financial rewards should be enough to motivate the players.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 09:52 - Jan 29 with 1236 viewschicoazul

Probably the worst thing about last night is Lambo will almost definitely go back to 8 changes and a new system for the weekend. Wilson at left wing or something.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 10:09 - Jan 29 with 1188 viewsRobTheMonk

Hopefully a game we can draw a line under on 09:52 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

Probably the worst thing about last night is Lambo will almost definitely go back to 8 changes and a new system for the weekend. Wilson at left wing or something.

James Skillson.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024