Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible bad news regarding Airbus 07:56 - Jun 22 with 11642 viewsStokieBlue

This is incredibly bad news if it happens, we need companies like this operating within the UK. 14,000 jobs (including highly skilled design jobs) with the knock-on effect for 4,000 suppliers (110,000 jobs in the wider supply chain).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/22/airbus-plans-uk-cuts-amid-fears

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:04 - Jun 22 with 4423 viewsnrb1985

When will you remoaners realise that brexit isn't about economics or so some audience member said on QT a few weeks ago.
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:06 - Jun 22 with 4410 viewsHerbivore

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:04 - Jun 22 by nrb1985

When will you remoaners realise that brexit isn't about economics or so some audience member said on QT a few weeks ago.

What is it about?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:10 - Jun 22 with 4388 viewstcblue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:06 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

What is it about?

Lightbulbs, blue passports and curly bananas.
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:12 - Jun 22 with 4378 viewsdickie

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:10 - Jun 22 by tcblue

Lightbulbs, blue passports and curly bananas.

And using up all the north sea fish stocks
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:13 - Jun 22 with 4385 viewsSteve_M

To think we're two years on from the referendum and the government still does not have a realistic and achievable plan for a future trading relationship with Europe. It isn't remotely surprising that firms with integrated cross-border supply chains will need serious contingency plans for the loss of single market access.

There seems to be a complete lack of understanding amongst most politicians or media commentators as to just how important the single market is to the UK's economic prosperity. It's all a bloody game to most of them, they won't be going to Broughton or Sunderland if Nissan pull out and tell the people there why they lied to them.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 9:42]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:17 - Jun 22 with 4356 viewsnrb1985

What is it about?

Fish
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:20 - Jun 22 with 4347 viewsnrb1985

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:13 - Jun 22 by Steve_M

To think we're two years on from the referendum and the government still does not have a realistic and achievable plan for a future trading relationship with Europe. It isn't remotely surprising that firms with integrated cross-border supply chains will need serious contingency plans for the loss of single market access.

There seems to be a complete lack of understanding amongst most politicians or media commentators as to just how important the single market is to the UK's economic prosperity. It's all a bloody game to most of them, they won't be going to Broughton or Sunderland if Nissan pull out and tell the people there why they lied to them.

Lack of understanding/willfully misleading to further their own agenda.

Some of the behaviour demonstrated by these people can only be described as sociopathic.
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:22 - Jun 22 with 4331 viewsHerbivore

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:17 - Jun 22 by nrb1985

Fish

Very good.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:24 - Jun 22 with 4337 viewsKeno

Pah!!

Get behind your country!!

You have our border back, all 310 miles of it!!

well .......

we might have just that we might have to give it back

or we could just go back to the 'troubles'

but still it ours!!!

well ........

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 09:02 - Jun 22 with 4238 viewslinhdi

Strange how the right wing press have mostly ignored this story!
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 09:26 - Jun 22 with 4184 viewsGuthrum

If we're no longer involved in the Big Project, we don't get to take part in the fun bits any more.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 09:30 - Jun 22 with 4176 viewsStokieBlue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 09:02 - Jun 22 by linhdi

Strange how the right wing press have mostly ignored this story!

I'm afraid this part of the problem. I've had to venture to the Daily Fail to check this claim and probably the most right-wing media source of them all has it as the 3rd story on their front page:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5872035/Airbus-warns-quit-UK-no-deal-Bre

Should be top I think but it's not true to say it's being ignored. Quite a few Labour based quotes in there moaning at the rubbish Tories as well. Hopefully I won't have to venture to the site again for a few years.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 09:30 - Jun 22 with 4174 viewsBlueinBrum

So obvious and many of us have been warning about this for well over 2 years. So frustrating.
Leaving the customs union is just ridiculous.... mentalism on 09:59 - Jun 22 with 4116 viewsunstableblue

..... if we park the high costs of these tariff arrangements... £40billion being mentioned

If you add even a 0.5% difference in a good or service between us and our European 'ex-partners'.. our biggest trading partner.. then it won't just be Airbus leaving....

Leasing of offices in London are hitting a low... the uncertainty is real.

All for what - some jingoistic misty eyed little Englander bollox.

As stated South Asian immigration is now higher than Europe.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:03 - Jun 22 with 4108 viewsBrianTablet

This is fake news.
Jacob won't let this happen.
He stands shoulder to shoulder with the factory workers of this country. He tours the north-east regularly, holding vast rallies with the man/woman-on-the-street. He feels their pain. He shares their loaf of soggy white bread with them.
Jacob nutures hope in the downtrodden, resilience in the forlorn and holds the weak in his comforting grip. Every job loss is a stabbing pain to his empathic heart. Jacob is one of us. Jacob IS us.

#everybodyknewbrexitwouldbelikethis

#jesuisjacob
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 10:14]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:16 - Jun 22 with 4078 viewsgordon

More nonsense from Project Lear.
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:21 - Jun 22 with 4071 viewsOldsmoker

The thing that irks me the most about Brexit is the time the Brexiteers have spent trying to come up with a way to get access to the single market with no customs borders and no tariffs.
We already have all of this as a member of the EU but that's not an option apparently.
When it became clear that the EU was to press ahead with money laundering and tax evasion rules regarding off-shore funds the Tories have been desperate to leave the EU.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:22 - Jun 22 with 4068 viewssoupytwist

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:16 - Jun 22 by gordon

More nonsense from Project Lear.

While Lear are part of the Bombardier Aircraft group (who have a factory in Belfast) I doubt that they will be able to take up all the slack from Airbus leaving the UK.
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:23 - Jun 22 with 4064 viewsBurwell_Blue

Sigh. If only the government had heeded the warnings that were given, then I and many others would have voted remain instead of using our vote as a chance to sulk and show our displeasure.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 10:24]
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:24 - Jun 22 with 4056 viewsBOjK

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:23 - Jun 22 by Burwell_Blue

Sigh. If only the government had heeded the warnings that were given, then I and many others would have voted remain instead of using our vote as a chance to sulk and show our displeasure.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 10:24]

??

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Two world wars and one world cup.... innit (n/t) on 10:26 - Jun 22 with 4039 viewsunstableblue

What is it about?

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:27 - Jun 22 with 4032 viewsNo9

We shouldn't be too surprised. Airbus started considerations after Mr camerons annoucement of the Referanda in 2013 and some key staff have already moved to Tolouse, one of my aquaintences is living the carefree life of a house husband after hif wife took up the offer & moved from Bristol.

Others are doing much the same e.g. Mini have taken over the old Vlvo factory in Born S. NL

None of the news media has the balls to make a full assessment of who has started to move and who is making addditional preparations.
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:30 - Jun 22 with 4018 viewssoupytwist

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:24 - Jun 22 by BOjK

??

I think he/she means that if the government had taken notice of those who felt disenfrachised by UK politics at an earlier stage then they wouldn't have used their vote in the referendum to express that frustration with the government.

Or if they'd been offered a different way of expressing that frustration, instead of the referendum. Like a general election perhaps, clearly the one in 2010 wasn't a good enough opportunity. Or the chance to change the voting system in this country so that minority parties like UKIP (who were unlikely to win a parliamentary seat under first past the post) could potentially stand a better chance.

Oh, but there were those chances and other people chose to vote differently.
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:31 - Jun 22 with 4011 viewsOldsmoker

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:27 - Jun 22 by No9

We shouldn't be too surprised. Airbus started considerations after Mr camerons annoucement of the Referanda in 2013 and some key staff have already moved to Tolouse, one of my aquaintences is living the carefree life of a house husband after hif wife took up the offer & moved from Bristol.

Others are doing much the same e.g. Mini have taken over the old Vlvo factory in Born S. NL

None of the news media has the balls to make a full assessment of who has started to move and who is making addditional preparations.

They have highlighted that Jacob Rees-Moggs Investment fund has moved its headquarters to the Irish Republic.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Jacob has 15 children.... on 10:36 - Jun 22 with 3996 viewsunstableblue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 10:03 - Jun 22 by BrianTablet

This is fake news.
Jacob won't let this happen.
He stands shoulder to shoulder with the factory workers of this country. He tours the north-east regularly, holding vast rallies with the man/woman-on-the-street. He feels their pain. He shares their loaf of soggy white bread with them.
Jacob nutures hope in the downtrodden, resilience in the forlorn and holds the weak in his comforting grip. Every job loss is a stabbing pain to his empathic heart. Jacob is one of us. Jacob IS us.

#everybodyknewbrexitwouldbelikethis

#jesuisjacob
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 10:14]

... all being brought up as Victorians

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024