Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible bad news regarding Airbus 07:56 - Jun 22 with 11689 viewsStokieBlue

This is incredibly bad news if it happens, we need companies like this operating within the UK. 14,000 jobs (including highly skilled design jobs) with the knock-on effect for 4,000 suppliers (110,000 jobs in the wider supply chain).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/22/airbus-plans-uk-cuts-amid-fears

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 15:34 - Jun 22 with 2901 viewsBurwell_Blue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 14:47 - Jun 22 by Sarge

If you were willing to put thousands of people's livelihoods at risk to make some point to the government on a matter you don't even support then frankly you shouldn't be allowed to vote. It's a disgrace.

Just me and the rest of the majority huh? Shame on us all.
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 15:42 - Jun 22 with 2889 viewssoupytwist

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 14:42 - Jun 22 by Burwell_Blue

" those who voted out decided to remove us from the institution that made possible some of the immigration to this country?"

That doesn't actually make sense, however one would presume that given the wake up call of voting out, you would hope that the government would drastically reduce immigration?

It does make sense, but hopefully this will make it clearer: immigration to the UK is a result of the free movement of people from other EU countries AND the movement of people to the UK from places outside the EU. The UK makes its own decisions about immigration from those countries in the second part of that equation.

A vote to leave the EU has a possible impact on the free movement of people from other EU countries but has no impact on the people coming in from outside the EU.

Voting out will not 'drastically reduce immigration' we'll just get a load of people from places outside the EU. We need immigrants, we got quite a few of them free with our membership of the EU which brought associated benefits for our economy and other aspects of our lives. Just wait until we're trying to negotiate trade deals with India and other countries. Part of what they'll want is less stringent rules regarding the ability of their citizens to work in this country. And they won't be offering much in return.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 15:43]
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 15:50 - Jun 22 with 2869 viewsnoggin

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 15:34 - Jun 22 by Burwell_Blue

Just me and the rest of the majority huh? Shame on us all.

Do you still believe the people of the UK will be better off?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 16:15 - Jun 22 with 2843 viewsBurwell_Blue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 15:50 - Jun 22 by noggin

Do you still believe the people of the UK will be better off?

Me personally? I have no idea. I also don't really give two hoots. I will do ok, the world will not end tomorrow, so its not really a concern for me personally.

If I look past my personal view and try and see the bigger picture, I expect to see a few years where things may get a little tough but I fully expect to see other countries follow suit.

I do think we took those in power a little by surprise. Do I think the majority of leave voters really care about the wider economic impact of their decision? No. Their choices were made by simple things, such as immigration and the costs imposed by the Euro bureaucracy.
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 16:20 - Jun 22 with 2829 viewssoupytwist

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 16:15 - Jun 22 by Burwell_Blue

Me personally? I have no idea. I also don't really give two hoots. I will do ok, the world will not end tomorrow, so its not really a concern for me personally.

If I look past my personal view and try and see the bigger picture, I expect to see a few years where things may get a little tough but I fully expect to see other countries follow suit.

I do think we took those in power a little by surprise. Do I think the majority of leave voters really care about the wider economic impact of their decision? No. Their choices were made by simple things, such as immigration and the costs imposed by the Euro bureaucracy.

Did my more detailed explanation of the immigration system make sense, after you thought what I originally wrote didn't make sense?
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 16:27 - Jun 22 with 2816 viewsbournemouthblue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 08:04 - Jun 22 by nrb1985

When will you remoaners realise that brexit isn't about economics or so some audience member said on QT a few weeks ago.

Absolutely, who needs jobs any way, it's not as if people have bills to pay or food to by etc

We will have our country back, get behind your country and at that jazz

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 16:28 - Jun 22 with 2816 viewsnoggin

So, "I'm ok Jack. Feck everyone else"?

Leaving the customs union is just ridiculous.... mentalism on 16:30 - Jun 22 with 2814 viewsbournemouthblue

Leaving the customs union is just ridiculous.... mentalism on 09:59 - Jun 22 by unstableblue

..... if we park the high costs of these tariff arrangements... £40billion being mentioned

If you add even a 0.5% difference in a good or service between us and our European 'ex-partners'.. our biggest trading partner.. then it won't just be Airbus leaving....

Leasing of offices in London are hitting a low... the uncertainty is real.

All for what - some jingoistic misty eyed little Englander bollox.

As stated South Asian immigration is now higher than Europe.

And will only get higher as we replace the poles with people from the Commonwealth

I'm sure the Brexiteers will welcome that one with open arms

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 16:41 - Jun 22 with 2807 viewsPinewoodblue

Strange isn't it how Airbus think they will be affected by custom tariffs but Boeing can assemble planes from parts manufactured all around the globe.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/boeing-787-dreamliner-structure-suppliers-2013-10

Didn't Boeing open a factory in Sheffield last year to supply parts for 777 & 737 families of aircraft?

Don't Rolls Royce use components manufactured outside the EU in their engines?

It is a scaremongering story orchestrated to put pressure on the British government.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 16:50 - Jun 22 with 2800 viewsSteve_M

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 16:41 - Jun 22 by Pinewoodblue

Strange isn't it how Airbus think they will be affected by custom tariffs but Boeing can assemble planes from parts manufactured all around the globe.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/boeing-787-dreamliner-structure-suppliers-2013-10

Didn't Boeing open a factory in Sheffield last year to supply parts for 777 & 737 families of aircraft?

Don't Rolls Royce use components manufactured outside the EU in their engines?

It is a scaremongering story orchestrated to put pressure on the British government.

But it's not.. Airbus has a business model which works on just-in-time deliveries where parts cross EU borders several times (the same applies for pretty much all car manufacturing that takes place partly in the UK these days). Customs delays and incompatibility with certification stops that working.

Leaving the single market and/or the customs union imposes real costs and makes the current model unworkable. This isn't an idle threat, it's the result of the government repeatedly failing to pay any attention to how UK manufacturing works now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 17:00 - Jun 22 with 2793 viewsBurwell_Blue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 16:28 - Jun 22 by noggin

Yes.

its a dog eat dog world out there. You don't put food on my families table.
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 17:09 - Jun 22 with 2788 viewsHerbivore

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 17:00 - Jun 22 by Burwell_Blue

Yes.

When did you last see a dog eat a dog? The world is whatever we want it to be, fam.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 18:03 - Jun 22 with 2754 viewsm14_blue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 17:00 - Jun 22 by Burwell_Blue

Yes.

You seem nice
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 18:50 - Jun 22 with 2717 viewsBrixtonBlue

What a selfish attitude.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 18:52 - Jun 22 with 2711 viewsBrixtonBlue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 14:45 - Jun 22 by Sarge

Where's pickles66666 when you need him, to reassure us all that it's ok and we didn't need Airbus anyway? It's not like him to go quiet when his completely nonsensical opinions are challenged.

Also, reading through the thread, I was surprised to not see Glassers' giving a view.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 19:32 - Jun 22 with 2685 viewsBenters2

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 16:28 - Jun 22 by noggin

You don’t live here so why worry?
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 19:33 - Jun 22 with 2678 viewsm14_blue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 19:32 - Jun 22 by Benters2

Maybe he cares about his country and the people who live in it?
Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 19:35 - Jun 22 with 2676 viewsnoggin

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 19:32 - Jun 22 by Benters2

My family does.

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 19:56 - Jun 22 with 2659 viewsHerbivore

You're a knob.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 20:32 - Jun 22 with 2637 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

That'll be our carbon footprint obligations sorted then!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 20:44 - Jun 22 with 2627 viewsStokieBlue

BMW next up:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44582831

SB

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 20:47 - Jun 22 with 2619 viewsStokieBlue

And now UK ministers are threatening Airbus with the loss of defence contracts:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/06/22/airbus-accused-reigniting-projec

It's all getting a bit my dad is bigger than your dad.

SB

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 20:50 - Jun 22 with 2613 viewsSteve_M

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 20:47 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

And now UK ministers are threatening Airbus with the loss of defence contracts:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/06/22/airbus-accused-reigniting-projec

It's all getting a bit my dad is bigger than your dad.

SB

This is why business has been reluctant to speak out, government threats about not awarding contracts for not toeing the party line.

What an utter mess this all is.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 20:51 - Jun 22 with 2612 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 20:44 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

BMW next up:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44582831

SB

We're smashing this carbon business.......and/or occupy the factories, kick out the fat cat global corporatists, it could catch on in Europe and beyond and then we'll have our Europe back!

Edit....I'm sure the French will be up for it, 50 year anniversary and all that.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 20:53]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 20:53 - Jun 22 with 2607 viewsStokieBlue

Possible bad news regarding Airbus on 20:51 - Jun 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

We're smashing this carbon business.......and/or occupy the factories, kick out the fat cat global corporatists, it could catch on in Europe and beyond and then we'll have our Europe back!

Edit....I'm sure the French will be up for it, 50 year anniversary and all that.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 20:53]

How do you plan on getting about?

Horse?

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024