Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? 15:02 - Apr 8 with 4257 viewsCopfordBlue

I’m asking because there are plenty of downsides to promotion (losing more than we win, leaving behind the most enjoyable league there is, even less 3pm Saturday kick offs, VAR, some players who have done so much for the club leaving etc).

For me it’s simply that feeling of jubilation if we achieve it. The atmosphere during and after the Exeter game last season was special. A repeat would be incredible.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:05 - Apr 8 with 2847 viewshoppy

The most likely chance of keeping hold of McKenna would be by going up for him to have a go at the Premier League with the side he's built to play his way.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:06 - Apr 8 with 2843 viewsbluelagos

Cos I support Ipswich.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:09 - Apr 8 with 2799 viewsITFC_Forever

So we can win the Prem next year - obvs.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:09 - Apr 8 with 2796 viewsbluesbrothers

Can't decide whether it's:

a) To keep McKenna or
b) As it almost guarantees a number of exciting seasons for the next 5 or 6 (parachute payments if go down etc)
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:10 - Apr 8 with 2779 viewsITFC_Forever

No matter which division we are in, a high % of our kick-offs won't be 3pm on a Saturday.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:10 - Apr 8 with 2771 viewshoppy

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:09 - Apr 8 by ITFC_Forever

So we can win the Prem next year - obvs.

Plus we have to go up before we can gain a Champions League place to win that.

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:11 - Apr 8 with 2753 viewsSamWhiteUK

I don't remember us in the Prem before, and this is likely to be our best chance. If not this season, when?
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:14 - Apr 8 with 2735 viewsCopfordBlue

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:11 - Apr 8 by SamWhiteUK

I don't remember us in the Prem before, and this is likely to be our best chance. If not this season, when?

A very good point! Easy for us older fans to forget that those of you under 30 haven’t ever seen us in the top division.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Login to get fewer ads

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:18 - Apr 8 with 2701 viewsSE1blue

I have a couple of other upsides...

Putting Ipswich players in my fantasy football team.

Living in Canada, I'll be able to say who I support without people saying 'Who?" (though it might take a while for that to trickle down).

But for me, keeping McKenna is everything, so promotion is everything.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:19 - Apr 8 with 2695 viewsSitfcB

ITFC back in the big time, on the top table of English football. Be on MOTD, see the stars at PR and just enjoy all the good things that come with being in the PL, like picking ITFC players in Fantasy Football

The last time we were there I had only just got into ITFC, glory hunter etc, and only remember watching a few games on TV. The Premier League wasn’t as big back then as it is now either.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:19 - Apr 8 with 2690 viewsJ2BLUE

We were a joke for 15 years or so under Evans. Fans now respect us as a club again. I would love us to go up and be seen as the club we are capable of being.

Also, indirectly, it gives you a chance at other success like the cups and qualifying for Europe eventually if you can stay stay up. Or even if you come down, you have money to compete for more glorious seasons.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:19 - Apr 8 with 2690 viewshomer_123

As much as I don't think it's the promised land, in fact it's almost everything wrong with football, it is the pinnacle of our divisional structure.

So, the reason we compete is to do as well as we can, otherwise what is the point?

Also, I'd like to be in the European Super League breakaway to really, really piss off Norwich.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:20 - Apr 8 with 2682 viewsMillsyVOR

To kickstart the Cobbold redevelopment (posture posture )
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:22 - Apr 8 with 2662 viewsBseaBlue

So the younger generation of fans that have been starved of success for 20 plus years get the rewards of premier league football.

Hopefully the finances involved will give them plenty of good years to come as well.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:32 - Apr 8 with 2587 viewswithyblue

So we can compete at the highest level, giving us the chance to to qualify for European competition and a greater likelihood of competing for silverware.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:38 - Apr 8 with 2532 viewsCobboldCrusty

All the above plus the chance to see Ipswich play at Anfield, Emirates, Old Trafford etc (not to mention the excitement of having players like De Bruyne, Son, Saka playing at Portman Road)
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:39 - Apr 8 with 2523 viewshoppy

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:38 - Apr 8 by CobboldCrusty

All the above plus the chance to see Ipswich play at Anfield, Emirates, Old Trafford etc (not to mention the excitement of having players like De Bruyne, Son, Saka playing at Portman Road)

Never knew you were on the staff at Portman Road?

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:43 - Apr 8 with 2498 viewspeterleeblue

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:05 - Apr 8 by hoppy

The most likely chance of keeping hold of McKenna would be by going up for him to have a go at the Premier League with the side he's built to play his way.

I really think McKenna stays regardless. Leif Davis probably not.

Is KMC yet the finished Premiership article? He is learning along with us. I don't think the curve has started to flatten yet. Where is he going.....Brighton?

I would sooner sell Leif Davis and re invest the £15m into the playing squad. I am not sure Luton, Burnley , Sheff Utd are upgrades on Leicester, Leeds and lets say Southampton. We would have a great chance again next season.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:43 - Apr 8 with 2502 viewsSteve_M

No-on much under the age of 60 has seen us promoted more than three times, making that four so soon after the last one is not be sniffed at.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:54 - Apr 8 with 2423 viewsAviator

There's no reason we shouldn't be successful in the Premier League over time. You could argue we would be something like the 12th 'biggest' club in the league based on catchment, brand and heritage. (depending on who is promoted and relegated). The big issues are recruitment and obviously getting promoted in the first place.

Lots of tinpot clubs in there - Fulham, Palace, Bournemouth, Brentford, Luton Burnley. Leicester if they go up are not really bigger than us.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:57 - Apr 8 with 2402 viewsScuzzer

money. No other reason.

Established 1968

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 16:00 - Apr 8 with 2375 viewsbazza

Your last paragraph … and to hopefully establish ourselves there like Brighton or Bournemouth or Brentford or palace.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 16:04 - Apr 8 with 2334 viewsle2blue

To keep our manager and get back into Europe, where we belong.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 16:12 - Apr 8 with 2267 viewsjayessess

I think the achievement in itself would be pretty special, given the context. Our most significant achievement for more than 20 years.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 16:15 - Apr 8 with 2252 viewsYallop2

The chance to see us at some big grounds again before I peg it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024