Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? 15:02 - Apr 8 with 4697 viewsCopfordBlue

I’m asking because there are plenty of downsides to promotion (losing more than we win, leaving behind the most enjoyable league there is, even less 3pm Saturday kick offs, VAR, some players who have done so much for the club leaving etc).

For me it’s simply that feeling of jubilation if we achieve it. The atmosphere during and after the Exeter game last season was special. A repeat would be incredible.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 16:21 - Apr 8 with 999 viewsLeathersblueblood

Just for the younger generation to actually see world class players at Portman Rd.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 16:21 - Apr 8 with 996 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Nostalgia.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 16:43 - Apr 8 with 961 viewsMK1

To challenge ourselves against the best. The more successful we are, the more the owners will back us and hopefully enable us to keep McKenna for a while longer.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 16:56 - Apr 8 with 936 viewsNedPlimpton

Because if we make it, that means we've won a lot more games than we've lost, and that's surely what everyone wants?

Can't say the lure of the prem excites me that much. VAR is horrendous for the fan experience and I couldn't care less about seeing big teams/players at PR. But I want us to win every game we ever play, and a by-product of that is that we'll happen to be playing Premier League football (for a season at least)
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 17:23 - Apr 8 with 910 viewsMatt_Netherlands

To have more fans wind Chris Sutton up on 606 every week by reminding him what division we are in compared to his precious little yellow feathered friends.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 17:27 - Apr 8 with 899 viewsFrimleyBlue

1 reason only

To stick 2 fingers up to Don Goodman. Good enough reason imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 17:32 - Apr 8 with 896 viewsDJR

Many more away games which are easily accessible from west Kent.
[Post edited 8 Apr 18:21]
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 17:48 - Apr 8 with 858 viewsKeno

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 16:21 - Apr 8 by Leathersblueblood

Just for the younger generation to actually see world class players at Portman Rd.

are you saying Chappers, Morsy, Burns, Wolfie, Davis, Clarke, Burgess, Vlad, Mass, Broady, Hutch, Hirst and all arent world class?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 18:28 - Apr 8 with 828 viewscarlo88

I can get a Panini Premier League sticker album with Ipswich in it at last. And they really are pretty good these days.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 18:35 - Apr 8 with 821 viewsDubtractor

Let's worry about the reality of the Premier league when we get there, football is all about celebrating the good times, and 2 successive promotions would be incredible.

So for me, the single biggest reason is to be able to celebrate the moment, imagine the atmosphere at PR against Huddersfield if we do make it up automatically!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 18:36 - Apr 8 with 821 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

By a chalk it’s because my 9 year old will get to see all the best teams and players up close….those he loves collecting in his sticker book etc. He’ll want to beat them more than ever but just seeing those players will be nice for him at least.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 18:38 - Apr 8 with 816 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:43 - Apr 8 by peterleeblue

I really think McKenna stays regardless. Leif Davis probably not.

Is KMC yet the finished Premiership article? He is learning along with us. I don't think the curve has started to flatten yet. Where is he going.....Brighton?

I would sooner sell Leif Davis and re invest the £15m into the playing squad. I am not sure Luton, Burnley , Sheff Utd are upgrades on Leicester, Leeds and lets say Southampton. We would have a great chance again next season.

Personally I think it should and would be nearer 25M
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 18:43 - Apr 8 with 807 viewsChurchman

I want the team and the club to be the best that it can be. Simple as that really. It broke my heart to see the club to rot away through neglect. It was heading for oblivion. Whatever happens this season, we are moving the right way. No relegation scrapping like Plymouth and Wednesday - something much more fun.

There is no reason, now the club has a 21c professional structure and a decent support base why it can’t compete with the second rank clubs like Brighton, West Ham and co.

There’s a lot of downside, not least the risk of a kick in the gonads most weeks. However if the money side can be managed properly, the boost to the growth of the club would be enormous.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 19:08 - Apr 8 with 788 viewsAce_High1

Success is a great feeling, working towards a goal unifies people and the atmosphere at the Southampton game for example tells you all you need to know.

You have to ride the wave of success, there is nothing saying if we don't go up we will build on this next year. If we go up we keep KM, if we don't I suspect it is 80% chance he goes. You only need a bad start with a new manager and all of the momentum of the last 2 years is gone.

So if we are 2nd with 5 to go, we have to cash in and go for it.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 19:11 - Apr 8 with 787 viewsBuhrer

Because we deserve it. Jumped up from the division below, and more worthy than all the cheaty parachuty monied big boys.

For myself I'm not bothered. I just enjoy watching us play well, so win, and if you keep doing that you're going up.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 19:18 - Apr 8 with 771 viewsSwansea_Blue

To show my adoration of big club stars by buying half and half scarves of course. What other reason is there?

Er, no. To challenge ourselves at the top level, with all that brings - better players, a chance of better football, big games, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 20:11 - Apr 8 with 736 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Because I know some p*ss taking Norwich fans and the fact that, after the season that we’ve had, they could be the ones that end up in the Premier league (perhaps even beating us again on the way) is absolutely killing me!
Cheaper away tickets.... on 20:18 - Apr 8 with 722 viewsBloots

....although this will mainly help Sheila from accounts and her hubby "West Ham Trev".

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 20:28 - Apr 8 with 692 viewsChurchman

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 20:11 - Apr 8 by OsmansCleanSheet

Because I know some p*ss taking Norwich fans and the fact that, after the season that we’ve had, they could be the ones that end up in the Premier league (perhaps even beating us again on the way) is absolutely killing me!

Yes they could. Quite easily. But even if Sod’s Law prevails and they do, despite the hurt we will overtake them in the next few years, if we hold our nerve and carry on doing what we are doing.

This is not 2014/15 where the club was in decline and we were inferior to them in most ways. And they know it. Times are changing and a rotten performance at Carrow Rd doesn’t change that.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 20:38 - Apr 8 with 682 viewsPendejo

Promotion = Glory

Your 2nd paragraph sums it up really.

But hey, as I said on a WhatsApp group, if we finish 2nd again this season, a bit of consistency sees us 2nd next season , if so last Saturday becomes meaningless for us and a greater triumph for them. I can live with that.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 20:42 - Apr 8 with 671 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 20:28 - Apr 8 by Churchman

Yes they could. Quite easily. But even if Sod’s Law prevails and they do, despite the hurt we will overtake them in the next few years, if we hold our nerve and carry on doing what we are doing.

This is not 2014/15 where the club was in decline and we were inferior to them in most ways. And they know it. Times are changing and a rotten performance at Carrow Rd doesn’t change that.

Oh I get that, but it’s just been such a long time coming and I want them consigned to oblivion (with no parachute payments) and the smirks wiped off their faces as soon as possible.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 20:46 - Apr 8 with 663 viewsibbleobble

….to compete with the best to be the best, that’s the pinnacle of sport.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 20:50 - Apr 8 with 659 viewsHighgateBlue

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:09 - Apr 8 by ITFC_Forever

So we can win the Prem next year - obvs.

Or finish second, surely? lol
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 21:10 - Apr 8 with 616 viewslazyblue

Success
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 22:10 - Apr 8 with 565 viewsreusersfreekicks

The joy of the achievement
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024