Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? 15:02 - Apr 8 with 4742 viewsCopfordBlue

I’m asking because there are plenty of downsides to promotion (losing more than we win, leaving behind the most enjoyable league there is, even less 3pm Saturday kick offs, VAR, some players who have done so much for the club leaving etc).

For me it’s simply that feeling of jubilation if we achieve it. The atmosphere during and after the Exeter game last season was special. A repeat would be incredible.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 22:24 - Apr 8 with 625 viewsCrayonKing

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:10 - Apr 8 by ITFC_Forever

No matter which division we are in, a high % of our kick-offs won't be 3pm on a Saturday.

With the new Championship TV deal we'd probably have more 3pm kick-offs in the Prem!
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 22:35 - Apr 8 with 605 viewsClareBlue

Having had 10 years of consecutive European football as a young fan in 70s and 80s, it would be great for this generation of fans to experience it, which is only really likely as a Prem club.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 22:36 - Apr 8 with 603 viewsCrayonKing

For me it's the chance for my kids to get to see some of the all-time greats in the flesh. In my time I've been lucky enough to have seen Cantona, Beckham, Giggs, Bergkamp, Henry etc at Portman Road. The biggest names my eldest has got to see in his time going to town games would be a few of the Wolves or Fulham players that he vaguely knows from playing FIFA.

I'm too old to get excited by such things, but for him it would be a dream come true to see Haaland, Salah, KDB etc at Portman Road (even if they score against us!)
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 22:52 - Apr 8 with 566 viewsMach_foreignBlue

To be in the elite. Simple.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 22:55 - Apr 8 with 568 viewscressi

Premier league category 1
Find the next Burley Beattie Butcher Osman Wark Brazil Gates
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 22:57 - Apr 8 with 567 viewsNeedhamChris

There's too many to choose from.

The opposite question is much easier - I will miss life without VAR.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 00:09 - Apr 9 with 531 viewsEuropablue

The main answer is to set us up financially for years to come because the way we got relegated at absolutely the worst time was so cruel and meant we were asset stripped by clubs like Charlton and left to rot for about 15 years and indeed facing a slow trudge into oblivion.
What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 00:22 - Apr 9 with 523 viewsVanSaParody

...twofold...
First, we'll not be there just to "participate"

Second, & by no means least...

McKenna stays, improves the squad & we pick up where we left off & attack the Premier League, too, finishing in a European placing

...meaning McKenna stays again, & improves the squad again & we continue unbeaten at home in Europe & win a trophy

(All the while, you know who, are plummeting to obscurity)

COYB's!
[Post edited 9 Apr 0:38]
Login to get fewer ads

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 07:28 - Apr 9 with 475 viewsBondiBlue

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:06 - Apr 8 by bluelagos

Cos I support Ipswich.

And because winning is the point of football

Poll: Which would you accept?

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 08:27 - Apr 9 with 440 viewsElephantintheRoom

So the ´investors’ can capitalise on their ´investment ’

Tripping up in the play offs, particularly if Norwich win them will send the franchise the way of Stoke, Swansea, Cardiff etc and the 15 other clubs who have spent too much trying to ‘get back where they belong’

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 09:19 - Apr 9 with 429 viewsBlueBlood90

For me it's exactly the same reason as your final chapter. However the financial aspect for the club and parachute payments mean that we should be in a very healthy place financially and able to compete at a high level even if the Prem season ended in relegation.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 09:21 - Apr 9 with 427 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Half and half scarves.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 12:05 - Apr 9 with 391 viewsArchiRob

Justice - We deserve to

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 12:09 - Apr 9 with 386 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The biggest reason for me (aside from simply because I support the Town) is so my son can experience the taste of success.

I also trust it will be easier to get tickets to the away European matches that follow than it is to get one for carrot road.

The chance to regularly see us going toe to toe with the best teams in the country too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:19 - Apr 9 with 345 viewsKropotkin123

I've taken some time to think about this one. I think it is a once in a generation chance to have a team as capable as Gamechanger, etc al, to lay down the foundations for continued success and improve the club both on and off the field. The improvements like the pitch, training ground, stadium, surround area, etc. This is going to leave a legacy.

So my reason is that promotion will enable this team to implement projects more quickly and put our long term future on more solid foundations.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

What’s the single biggest reason you want us to go up? on 15:59 - Apr 9 with 327 viewsIPS_wich

Undoubtedly there are some downsides - but if we are actually now run by people who know what they’re doing then it’s the next step in establishing ourselves in the group of clubs who regularly finish 10th-15th and to potentially push for the bottom end of the European spots. Plus a greater chance that we could snag an FA or League Cup (I’d quite like the latter because it would give us the full set).

Worst case scenario is we get relegated straight back with a lot more $$$ behind us. Just as long as we don’t overreach like Leicester, Forest and Everton have done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024