Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do people 10:48 - Jan 20 with 3529 viewsGuthrum

want to put anybody and everybody but Jackson up top Monday*?

A trained and designated striker. Who scored in the last game. Who has the energy and determination for the role.

Why shoehorn somebody else in (especially a slightly out-of-form, finding-it-hard-to-hit-the-target Broadhead), when Jackson is available?

* Edit - thanks Sitters.
[Post edited 20 Jan 11:02]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why do people on 12:13 - Jan 20 with 969 viewsBarcaBlue

Why do people on 11:29 - Jan 20 by MK1

I know that, just thinking out load, that's all. Pretty sure one of Gallagher or Moore will be here soon, so need to over think it I guess.

The point of the thread is we have a very capable striker already so no thinking or overthinking is required. Suggesting Taylor is bizarre.
Why do people on 12:38 - Jan 20 with 930 viewsexeterblue10

Why do people on 10:58 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

You’re not tempted to play Ball up top then?

His is about the only name I haven’t seen suggested. There must be something in the water.
[Post edited 20 Jan 10:58]

Reckon Christian Walton could do a job. Big aerial threat and almost scored against Plymouth. Or we could just stick with the natural striker who had a great game against Sunderland…
Why do people on 13:31 - Jan 20 with 892 viewsPioneerBlue

Suggestion only. Me included, hold peace with your views on KJ.

You know what you see and you know what you don’t see. These argument have been replayed time and again in his time with Town. Let’s not sweat this. KMCK and the coaching team obviously value his contribution highly, he was rewarded with a new contract; he’s survived several manager changes; he very clearly brings things to the squad that not all of us see.

In the summer, we will no doubt return to this matter but for now, if only briefly he is our No9. Why would we self harm by continuing to pick at short comings when he is machine made for modern day pressing.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Why do people on 13:47 - Jan 20 with 883 viewsorfordbuoy

Probably because Jackson was never first choice this season so, in theory, our front-line striker is now inferior to what we had before. The need to buy/loan cover for Hirst also suggests our forward line is less than optimal.

Having said that, it is complete numptiness to suggest that any Town fan wishes Jackson any ill will and, hopefully he will prove continue to prove a very good stop-gap 'till the new signing(s) arrive.
Why do people on 14:08 - Jan 20 with 856 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Probably because He's never been a great finisher and has been repositioned as a winger to use his best attribute- pace- and now has to remember how to play in the middle. Still our best current option there by a long way.
Why do people on 14:10 - Jan 20 with 842 viewskesblue

Because he's rubbish
Why do people on 14:10 - Jan 20 with 841 viewscressi

Why do people on 12:08 - Jan 20 by FrimleyBlue

Whilst I do agree with your point.

It's interesting seeing how many people now rate Jackson compared to 3 weeks ago.

Not me had a decent game v Sunderland but 6 reasonable games a season don't get you promoted like going for a meal would you accept 7 meals out off 10 were poor and keep going back.
OK as back up will start Monday as little options.
Why do people on 16:24 - Jan 20 with 748 viewsGuthrum

Why do people on 13:47 - Jan 20 by orfordbuoy

Probably because Jackson was never first choice this season so, in theory, our front-line striker is now inferior to what we had before. The need to buy/loan cover for Hirst also suggests our forward line is less than optimal.

Having said that, it is complete numptiness to suggest that any Town fan wishes Jackson any ill will and, hopefully he will prove continue to prove a very good stop-gap 'till the new signing(s) arrive.

I agree that we should be looking for another striker. Even if Jackson hits a purple patch of form, we're going to need someone else other than just an 18-year-old, returning from injury, Buabo.

However, I was talking specifically about the Leicester game, given we're unlikely to have any new signings in place for that.

Login to get fewer ads

Why do people on 16:25 - Jan 20 with 748 viewsMattinLondon

Why do people on 11:04 - Jan 20 by BlueBadger

As far as I can work out, people seem to hate him because he fell out with Lambert.

Yes, Paul Lambert. One of our most hated and incompetent managers ever.
[Post edited 20 Jan 11:04]

He’s not hated he’s just viewed as a really bad manager.
Why do people on 16:27 - Jan 20 with 742 viewsGuthrum

It's interesting seeing how many people now rate Jackson compared to 3 weeks ago.

He's not as good as Hirst, but he is a proper striker, rather than a converted midfielder (or fullback, or anybody else).

Why do people on 16:28 - Jan 20 with 737 viewsMach_foreignBlue

As far as I can work out, people seem to hate him because he fell out with Lambert.

Yeah tell us about him. You have never done so.
Because he's had his one good game for a while on 16:31 - Jan 20 with 722 viewsGuthrum

Because he's had his one good game for a while on 12:11 - Jan 20 by Dyland

(runs away)

:)

The majority of his appearances this season have been 30 minutes or less and mostly not in the No9 position.

Why do people on 16:40 - Jan 20 with 700 viewsorfordbuoy

this post says more about the poster than Jackson (or Lambert).

Frequency and inappropriate use of the word 'hate', with the post even needing an edit.
Because he's had his one good game for a while on 17:41 - Jan 20 with 663 viewsMullet

Because he's had his one good game for a while on 12:11 - Jan 20 by Dyland

(runs away)

:)

It's obvious you're joking. Run indeed.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why do people on 20:56 - Jan 20 with 595 viewsEly_Blue

Or like those who suddenly rate McKenna but didn’t before he’d even taken charge of a game huh!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Why do people on 21:28 - Jan 20 with 568 viewsMK1

Why do people on 20:56 - Jan 20 by Ely_Blue

Or like those who suddenly rate McKenna but didn’t before he’d even taken charge of a game huh!

Who did that?
Why do people on 21:31 - Jan 20 with 558 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why do people on 20:56 - Jan 20 by Ely_Blue

Well you'd be silly not to after he's won us promotion and has us sitting in 3rd.

You haven't thought your post through have you.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why do people on 21:33 - Jan 20 with 551 viewsMK1

Why do people on 21:31 - Jan 20 by FrimleyBlue

Well you'd be silly not to after he's won us promotion and has us sitting in 3rd.

You haven't thought your post through have you.

Oh. Should have guessed.
Why do people on 21:37 - Jan 20 with 536 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why do people on 21:33 - Jan 20 by MK1

Oh. Should have guessed.

Guessed what? That not everyone liked the thought of a manager coming in for his first management gig.

Obviously it's been amazing.. but at the time there was quite a split about how he was going to do.

I went a bit quick during his first interview however but oh well what's life if you don't make mistakes.

Here's stokie with his regular down vote. Probably sends another message to you know who afterwards.

What do disagree with stokie. That not everyone was liking the thought of a manager coming in for his first job. Or what's life if you don't make mistakes.

Bet neither you disagree with.. but can't go a day without down arrowing can ya. Bless.
[Post edited 20 Jan 21:44]

Waka waka eh eh

Why do people on 21:45 - Jan 20 with 519 viewsMK1

Why do people on 21:37 - Jan 20 by FrimleyBlue

Guessed what? That not everyone liked the thought of a manager coming in for his first management gig.

Obviously it's been amazing.. but at the time there was quite a split about how he was going to do.

I went a bit quick during his first interview however but oh well what's life if you don't make mistakes.

Here's stokie with his regular down vote. Probably sends another message to you know who afterwards.

What do disagree with stokie. That not everyone was liking the thought of a manager coming in for his first job. Or what's life if you don't make mistakes.

Bet neither you disagree with.. but can't go a day without down arrowing can ya. Bless.
[Post edited 20 Jan 21:44]

Yeah, but we are meant to learn from our mistakes. I made a mistake about a week ago. Won't be making that mistake again.
Why do people on 21:46 - Jan 20 with 510 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why do people on 21:45 - Jan 20 by MK1

Yeah, but we are meant to learn from our mistakes. I made a mistake about a week ago. Won't be making that mistake again.

And on that specific mistake. I've not done that again either. Woop woop.

Well kinda.
[Post edited 20 Jan 21:49]

Waka waka eh eh

Why do people on 21:52 - Jan 20 with 493 viewsMK1

Why do people on 21:46 - Jan 20 by FrimleyBlue

And on that specific mistake. I've not done that again either. Woop woop.

Well kinda.
[Post edited 20 Jan 21:49]

Do you just enjoy being argumentative?
Why do people on 21:54 - Jan 20 with 485 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why do people on 21:52 - Jan 20 by MK1

Do you just enjoy being argumentative?

I'm not. I'm being lighthearted about it all. Tbh thought you were too. Misread that clearly lol.

Waka waka eh eh

Why do people on 21:58 - Jan 20 with 458 viewsMK1

Why do people on 21:54 - Jan 20 by FrimleyBlue

I'm not. I'm being lighthearted about it all. Tbh thought you were too. Misread that clearly lol.

Fair enough. Just meant that if you make mistakes by judging to early, maybe stop judging things to early.
Why do people on 12:07 - Jan 21 with 345 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Why do people on 21:58 - Jan 20 by MK1

Fair enough. Just meant that if you make mistakes by judging to early, maybe stop judging things to early.

I'm not judging you but both times that you put "to" it should have been "too".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024