Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do people 10:48 - Jan 20 with 3487 viewsGuthrum

want to put anybody and everybody but Jackson up top Monday*?

A trained and designated striker. Who scored in the last game. Who has the energy and determination for the role.

Why shoehorn somebody else in (especially a slightly out-of-form, finding-it-hard-to-hit-the-target Broadhead), when Jackson is available?

* Edit - thanks Sitters.
[Post edited 20 Jan 11:02]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why do people on 10:51 - Jan 20 with 2221 viewsblueislander

Totally with you on this Guthers. We can look at options later in the game if we need them. Is Buabo fit now?
Why do people on 10:51 - Jan 20 with 2214 viewsHerbivore

There's arguably few games more suited to Jackson's game than this one. He'll press them when they try to play out and he gives us a useful outlet on the break with his pace. He'll start and will play as much of the game as he's able to I imagine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why do people on 10:54 - Jan 20 with 2193 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do you fancy a go Guthers? Take your boots along and you never know.

Agreed. There’s a bizarre mindset on here lately. It’ll be Jackson, as it has been so far and KM wouldn’t be so stupid as to move one of our better performers into a role they’re not suited to. Broady is a the exception as he’s already used him as a backup to the backup option later in games, so that shouldn’t need hundreds of threads either.
[Post edited 20 Jan 10:56]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why do people on 10:57 - Jan 20 with 2175 viewsArnieM

Given our current squad situation I’d say Jackson is the best player for the number 9 role. We know also, he will give 100% and won’t let his team mates down. Love him to get the winner Monday. C’mon Jacko you can do it 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why do people on 10:58 - Jan 20 with 2163 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why do people on 10:51 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

There's arguably few games more suited to Jackson's game than this one. He'll press them when they try to play out and he gives us a useful outlet on the break with his pace. He'll start and will play as much of the game as he's able to I imagine.

You’re not tempted to play Ball up top then?

His is about the only name I haven’t seen suggested. There must be something in the water.
[Post edited 20 Jan 10:58]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why do people on 10:58 - Jan 20 with 2156 viewsMullet

Makes them look stupid every time he plays well/scores innit

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why do people on 10:59 - Jan 20 with 2138 viewsSitfcB

Are we not having Sunday this week?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Why do people on 11:01 - Jan 20 with 2109 viewsGuthrum

Why do people on 10:59 - Jan 20 by SitfcB

Are we not having Sunday this week?

Whoops! Corrected.

Login to get fewer ads

Why do people on 11:02 - Jan 20 with 2109 viewsghostofescobar

Agreed. Don’t quite get the negativity around him. Thought he was excellent against Sunderland. Obviously not quite the same threat in the air as Hirst, but apart from that, filled the Hirst role well I thought. No doubt he is currently our best option up front. Even if we do sign another striker in time (assume we are too late for Monday now?) pretty sure he’ll start up top on Monday, and I’m ok with that.

GhostOfEscobar

Why do people on 11:03 - Jan 20 with 2090 viewsTrequartista

Why do people on 10:58 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

You’re not tempted to play Ball up top then?

His is about the only name I haven’t seen suggested. There must be something in the water.
[Post edited 20 Jan 10:58]

We need Ball at the back to stop Cannon. Wait, he's just going to provide the ammo for him, bad idea.
[Post edited 20 Jan 11:03]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Why do people on 11:04 - Jan 20 with 2067 viewsBlueBadger

Why do people on 11:02 - Jan 20 by ghostofescobar

Agreed. Don’t quite get the negativity around him. Thought he was excellent against Sunderland. Obviously not quite the same threat in the air as Hirst, but apart from that, filled the Hirst role well I thought. No doubt he is currently our best option up front. Even if we do sign another striker in time (assume we are too late for Monday now?) pretty sure he’ll start up top on Monday, and I’m ok with that.

As far as I can work out, people seem to hate him because he fell out with Lambert.

Yes, Paul Lambert. One of our most hated and incompetent managers ever.
[Post edited 20 Jan 11:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why do people on 11:04 - Jan 20 with 2068 viewsMK1

I think we are lacking options, which make some people a little nervous.
Jackson will start, without a doubt, but our options are a little limited if the worst happens. I would start Jackson, obviously, but would give Taylor a go if needed.
Why do people on 11:07 - Jan 20 with 2030 viewsHerbivore

Why do people on 11:04 - Jan 20 by MK1

I think we are lacking options, which make some people a little nervous.
Jackson will start, without a doubt, but our options are a little limited if the worst happens. I would start Jackson, obviously, but would give Taylor a go if needed.

The idea of sticking a midfielder up top is bizarre. If Jackson takes a knock, one of the other attacking players - Broadhead, Chaplin, Harness, Sarmiento - will fill in. They are all much more used to playing that high up the pitch than Taylor, who would be utterly lost being asked to play as a number 9.

Why do people on 11:07 - Jan 20 with 2033 viewsurbanblue

Because there are a number on here who don't rate Jackson, never have and never will.

The ones who get me are the ones who believe he has no footballing ability at all and just think it's speed and running. Absolute nonsense, of course as many a time he has shown he has skill as well. I sometimes think those who make these type of comments have never actually played the game themselves.
Why do people on 11:08 - Jan 20 with 2012 viewsVegtablue

You should name and shame anyone who thinks we should start a different player up top Guthrum. Who plays there from 70-95 may be more fruitful discussion, as Broadhead hasn't sparkled in his two previous outings and will also be tired by then if he starts the game. Jackson's an incredibly fit bloke, so perhaps we just ask longer of him. I haven't seen enough of Buabo to think he's ready honestly.
Why do people on 11:17 - Jan 20 with 1966 viewsGuthrum

Why do people on 10:54 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

Do you fancy a go Guthers? Take your boots along and you never know.

Agreed. There’s a bizarre mindset on here lately. It’ll be Jackson, as it has been so far and KM wouldn’t be so stupid as to move one of our better performers into a role they’re not suited to. Broady is a the exception as he’s already used him as a backup to the backup option later in games, so that shouldn’t need hundreds of threads either.
[Post edited 20 Jan 10:56]

I've played football about twice since I was eleven. Also have to go and fix the leaking tiles on a shower in Gloucester on Monday afternoon. Should be entirely ready!

Why do people on 11:22 - Jan 20 with 1917 viewsMK1

Why do people on 11:07 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

The idea of sticking a midfielder up top is bizarre. If Jackson takes a knock, one of the other attacking players - Broadhead, Chaplin, Harness, Sarmiento - will fill in. They are all much more used to playing that high up the pitch than Taylor, who would be utterly lost being asked to play as a number 9.

Agree with that, but Taylor would be a handful and a good foil for those you mention. Training this week would have been looking at options should we not get anyone else in. We don't need our main striker to score every game, just be the pain in the arse that Hirst is.
Thinking out load, that's all. Sure McKenna has it covered.
Why do people on 11:23 - Jan 20 with 1912 viewsibbleobble

He scored last week so he starts, simple.
Why do people on 11:24 - Jan 20 with 1892 viewsHerbivore

Why do people on 11:22 - Jan 20 by MK1

Agree with that, but Taylor would be a handful and a good foil for those you mention. Training this week would have been looking at options should we not get anyone else in. We don't need our main striker to score every game, just be the pain in the arse that Hirst is.
Thinking out load, that's all. Sure McKenna has it covered.

You can't train to be a striker in a week, mate. No idea why you think Taylor would be a handful if he played up front.

Why do people on 11:29 - Jan 20 with 1870 viewsMK1

Why do people on 11:24 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

You can't train to be a striker in a week, mate. No idea why you think Taylor would be a handful if he played up front.

I know that, just thinking out load, that's all. Pretty sure one of Gallagher or Moore will be here soon, so need to over think it I guess.
Why do people on 11:53 - Jan 20 with 1761 viewsmutters

Why do people on 11:03 - Jan 20 by Trequartista

We need Ball at the back to stop Cannon. Wait, he's just going to provide the ammo for him, bad idea.
[Post edited 20 Jan 11:03]

Rock on Tommy!

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Why do people on 11:54 - Jan 20 with 1746 viewsbilllm

He's the only one who can start there end of,
Why do people on 12:04 - Jan 20 with 1700 viewsGlasgowBlue

100%. This game will suit Jackson. Fantastic workrate to chase down defenders who like to play out from the back and blistering pace to catch them on the counter attack.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why do people on 12:08 - Jan 20 with 1675 viewsFrimleyBlue

Whilst I do agree with your point.

It's interesting seeing how many people now rate Jackson compared to 3 weeks ago.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Because he's had his one good game for a while on 12:11 - Jan 20 with 1676 viewsDyland

(runs away)

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024