Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing I felt about last night 09:40 - Dec 30 with 4617 viewsGuthrum

If QPR didn't have Asmir Begovic in goal, we'd have won that. He is a good quality 'keeper and made some excellent saves - diverting Ladapo's shot with his leg, tipping Hutchinson's one over the bar. Plus claiming loose balls you see a lot of goalies at this level punching or missing altogether.

We can't entirely concentrate on the Ipswich side of the equation.

I also think (based on both games) that Sinclair Armstrong could be extremely effective in a better team.

(Two ... two things I felt about last night ...)
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 9:50]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One thing I felt about last night on 09:43 - Dec 30 with 2931 viewsHerbivore

Begovic had a good game, unfortunately. The time wasting from him was League 1 level mind you and the ref was piss weak at dealing with it. QPR looked like they were content with a point for much of the game, understandably so, and you can't help but wonder what might have happened had Freddie scored one of the early one on ones.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One thing I felt about last night on 09:44 - Dec 30 with 2924 viewsDubtractor

Oddly, I wasn't impressed with Armstrong at all.

I didn't see the away game (or the highlights) so was interested to see what the fuss was about, but thought he was all physicality with very limited ability indeed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

One thing I felt about last night on 09:44 - Dec 30 with 2900 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Armstrong is definitely a handful.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

One thing I felt about last night on 09:47 - Dec 30 with 2866 viewsGuthrum

One thing I felt about last night on 09:44 - Dec 30 by Dubtractor

I didn't see the away game (or the highlights) so was interested to see what the fuss was about, but thought he was all physicality with very limited ability indeed.

I'd be interested to see what some McKenna-style coaching and system integration could do for him. Perhaps a beefier version of Kayden Jackson, tho the latter is a better goalscorer.

One thing I felt about last night on 09:55 - Dec 30 with 2808 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ilias Chair was the one causing us problems. I wouldn’t say no to seeing him in our lineup alongside Chappers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One thing I felt about last night on 09:59 - Dec 30 with 2765 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One thing I felt about last night on 09:43 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Begovic had a good game, unfortunately. The time wasting from him was League 1 level mind you and the ref was piss weak at dealing with it. QPR looked like they were content with a point for much of the game, understandably so, and you can't help but wonder what might have happened had Freddie scored one of the early one on ones.

I thought we might finally get a keeper receiving 2 yellows for time wasting. He was sailing very close to the wind by the end.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

One thing I felt about last night on 10:02 - Dec 30 with 2744 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Also, if we'd had a full strength team out we'd have slaughtered them. QPR were rubbish. Humphries had so much space on the left... I just imagine what Leif could've done with that. Also, with Hurst having those early chances rather than Ladapo. And Ball was functional, but again a huge step down from Morsy.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

One thing I felt about last night on 10:06 - Dec 30 with 2719 viewsHerbivore

One thing I felt about last night on 09:59 - Dec 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

I thought we might finally get a keeper receiving 2 yellows for time wasting. He was sailing very close to the wind by the end.

He was, but it rather summed up the ref that after adding on 8 minutes he then blew as soon as that 8 minutes was up when Begovic had successfully wasted about 4 of those 8 minutes without really getting a serious talking to.

Login to get fewer ads

One thing I felt about last night on 10:08 - Dec 30 with 2696 viewsswede

Agreed, it was so frustrating to see the amount of time he wasted every time he got the ball. Is there really any need to adjust your socks twice before every goal/free kick taken?
A few red card would soon stop this nonsense,
One thing I felt about last night on 10:13 - Dec 30 with 2648 viewsJimmy86

He certainly was in our eyes, but not the ref... He would never have given him a 2nd yellow for time wasting.. he was reluctant to give him the first one!

Ref was absolute pants, saying that, we got away with 2 penalty shouts against us!
One thing I felt about last night on 10:18 - Dec 30 with 2604 viewsGuthrum

I'm not convinced it will happen, however justified. There would be a massive storm directed at the Ref (and refs in general) for sending off such a crucial player over something many fans see as fair tactics - on the occasions their team is holding on for a win/draw.

One thing I felt about last night on 10:23 - Dec 30 with 2567 viewsRonFearonsHair

For all the bleating about the handball, if the letter of the law was applied correctly Begovic would have walked.
One thing I felt about last night on 10:25 - Dec 30 with 2559 viewsSteve_M

Begovic had the ball for four minutes of the added eight minutes which resulted in two extra seconds played.

Edit: Ah, I see you made the same point on the 4 minutes earlier on in the thread.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 10:26]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One thing I felt about last night on 10:33 - Dec 30 with 2487 viewsMatt_Netherlands

He knew exactly what he was doing. Been around the block long enough to know exactly where the line is. Been a while since I’ve seen a team pump that many goal kicks long over the half way line too.
One thing I felt about last night on 10:40 - Dec 30 with 2449 viewscbower

His saves from Ladapo, Hutchinson and Harness were good, his handling solid, his timewasting what we have come to expect in the modern game. Let's not forget though, Vaz kept us in it at least twice. We didn’t do enough and QPR deserved a point. Armstrong would be one for the future, we need someone to deliver now though. A premier loan is what I expect at least one of the incoming strikers to be.

bluescouser

One thing I felt about last night on 10:40 - Dec 30 with 2433 viewsWickets

Not sure why his time wasting was league 1 level as it worked really well .
One thing I felt about last night on 10:53 - Dec 30 with 2392 viewsGuthrum

One thing I felt about last night on 10:40 - Dec 30 by cbower

His saves from Ladapo, Hutchinson and Harness were good, his handling solid, his timewasting what we have come to expect in the modern game. Let's not forget though, Vaz kept us in it at least twice. We didn’t do enough and QPR deserved a point. Armstrong would be one for the future, we need someone to deliver now though. A premier loan is what I expect at least one of the incoming strikers to be.

Hladky is, for me, also one of the best 'keepers in this division, his last line of defence key to our success and allowing us to commit so wholeheartedly to attacking football. My point being that had QPR not had someone so good in goal, what we did - while decidedly below par - would likely have been enough to score at least once and win the game.

I wonder if there was an element of "returning ex-player" to Begovic's performance? Thought Andre Dozzell had a good game last night, too. Much more effective than he was in the period before we sold him. Mind you, he's that much older and more experienced, his nasty injury long in the past now.

One thing I felt about last night on 10:55 - Dec 30 with 2373 viewsHerbivore

One thing I felt about last night on 10:40 - Dec 30 by Wickets

Not sure why his time wasting was league 1 level as it worked really well .

As in it was reminiscent of being in League 1.

One thing I felt about last night on 10:56 - Dec 30 with 2360 viewsHerbivore

Not sure Hladky really had to do anything beyond routine last night?

One thing I felt about last night on 11:02 - Dec 30 with 2306 viewsWickets

One thing I felt about last night on 10:55 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

As in it was reminiscent of being in League 1.

And Premier league from what i see on the box .
Ball was like late era Skuse on 11:07 - Dec 30 with 2287 viewsDyland

One thing I felt about last night on 10:02 - Dec 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Also, if we'd had a full strength team out we'd have slaughtered them. QPR were rubbish. Humphries had so much space on the left... I just imagine what Leif could've done with that. Also, with Hurst having those early chances rather than Ladapo. And Ball was functional, but again a huge step down from Morsy.

Perfectly functional, as you say, but a cavernous step down from Morsy who would have got us on the attack every time he got the ball instead of, ahem, passing it back. Surprised we didn't start with Taylor.

I actually thought it was quite an entertaining game, albeit low on quality, and interesting to see how we did with all those key players out.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

One thing I felt about last night on 11:17 - Dec 30 with 2223 viewscressi

Don't agree if we had real strikers we would have won comfortably .
One thing I felt about last night on 11:27 - Dec 30 with 2149 viewsGeoffSentence

I saw nothing from him either.

The only thing of note I saw from him was strange movement at a corner, not exactly a dance, but he was weaving about in a very tight space, with his head down, as if he was trying to lose his marker but actually not. Anyway, it got him nowhere, he did nothing and finished it off by tucking his head in his shirt in frustration.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

One thing I felt about last night on 11:28 - Dec 30 with 2130 viewsblueislander

One thing I felt about last night on 09:47 - Dec 30 by Guthrum

I'd be interested to see what some McKenna-style coaching and system integration could do for him. Perhaps a beefier version of Kayden Jackson, tho the latter is a better goalscorer.

Armstrong looked very limited last night. His biggest asset is his strength, but that seemed too fade very quickly. His goalscoring record is abysmal, albeit in a struggling team. I would have liked to have seen Taylor start. Ball did OK, but his attacking contribution was minimal. If Broadhead is unfit for Monday would McKenna start him as one of the front three?
One thing I felt about last night on 11:37 - Dec 30 with 2077 viewsExiled2Surrey

Midway through the second half, Hutch won a free kick (I think it was Hutch - it was his side). The ball rolls directly towards Begovic, he instinctively goes to pass it back to where the free kick is given but then the s***house on his left shoulder whispers in his ear and he gets out of the way and leaves it to roll away - another 30 seconds wasted - masterful....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024