Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. 10:57 - Dec 17 with 21026 viewsBloots

….in January.

Who are we thinking?

Any realistic suggestions?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:02 - Dec 17 with 10007 viewsJimmy86

I can personally see us spending big in January, not necessarily on a striker, but maybe a centre back... Scoring goals doesn't seem to be the problem, however I think we could do with tightening up at the back a bit...

If we do sign a striker then they have to be prem ready and better than what we have...

I'll throw Amad Diallo out there, if Manure deem him worthy of going out on loan... Also wouldn't be adverse to trying to sign Hutch on a permanent deal!!
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 11:06]
That’s the budget and target…. on 11:06 - Dec 17 with 9950 viewsBloots

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:02 - Dec 17 by Jimmy86

I can personally see us spending big in January, not necessarily on a striker, but maybe a centre back... Scoring goals doesn't seem to be the problem, however I think we could do with tightening up at the back a bit...

If we do sign a striker then they have to be prem ready and better than what we have...

I'll throw Amad Diallo out there, if Manure deem him worthy of going out on loan... Also wouldn't be adverse to trying to sign Hutch on a permanent deal!!

….being reported today.

Sounds about right to me.

Hirst can’t do it on his own, Ladapo isn’t up to it and Scarlett is a different type of player.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:08 - Dec 17 with 9886 viewstractorboy1978

Chelsea paid £5m for him.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:09 - Dec 17 with 9884 viewsSheffordBlue

While Nixon often gets a bad rap and gets lots of stuff right he doesn't seem to have any decent links within our club. If this has come from anywhere it's an agent who might have been floated a figure.

I personally think we'll go a bit higher than that to get the right player in although good strikers are really difficult to find at the minute.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

That’s the budget and target…. on 11:09 - Dec 17 with 9867 viewsJimmy86

That’s the budget and target…. on 11:06 - Dec 17 by Bloots

….being reported today.

Hirst can’t do it on his own, Ladapo isn’t up to it and Scarlett is a different type of player.

Spose, that is about right regarding FFP, thing is, with the owners, we have the ability to pay bigger fees and wages than that... Apologies I edited my original post before you added your reply...
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:11 - Dec 17 with 9838 viewsJimmy86

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:08 - Dec 17 by tractorboy1978

Chelsea paid £5m for him.

From Arsenal's academy, that's crazy isn't it! They're a basket case of a club, they really are!
That’s the budget and target…. on 11:28 - Dec 17 with 9673 viewsCanadianBlue

That’s the budget and target…. on 11:06 - Dec 17 by Bloots

….being reported today.

Hirst was never supposed to it himself though, his role is to hold up the ball, move the defence and grab on to scraps.

Hirst is being seen as ineffective because Chaplin's form has dropped and we've become more reliant on our wingers (mainly Broady and Burns) to cut in and shoot.

I'd rather we drop 3m on a new AMC, to challenge Chaplin, or a new MC, to free Taylor to be played as an AMC given he's preferred over Evans and Ball.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:30 - Dec 17 with 9617 viewsKeno

How about some big tall strapping tall muscular viking type

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

That’s the budget and target…. on 11:32 - Dec 17 with 9562 viewsHerbivore

That’s the budget and target…. on 11:28 - Dec 17 by CanadianBlue

Hirst was never supposed to it himself though, his role is to hold up the ball, move the defence and grab on to scraps.

Hirst is being seen as ineffective because Chaplin's form has dropped and we've become more reliant on our wingers (mainly Broady and Burns) to cut in and shoot.

I'd rather we drop 3m on a new AMC, to challenge Chaplin, or a new MC, to free Taylor to be played as an AMC given he's preferred over Evans and Ball.

I don't think anyone sees Hirst as ineffective and it's a massive stretch to say Chaplin's form has dropped, he scored and got an assist just last weekend. We clearly need another striker so that Hirst can be rested when needed, he gets through a ton of work for the team but there's nobody really able to replace him when he's tiring or when we might want to mix it up. Ladapo has been good for us but he's a big drop off from Hirst ability wise, hence barely featuring of late.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:33 - Dec 17 with 9546 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone see the Shankland header that opened the scoring for Hearts in their win over Celtic yesterday ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:40 - Dec 17 with 9447 viewsMullet

Chuba Akpom recently moved to Ajax and they're having a torrid time. I suspect we will be at the back of the queue, but I wouldn't put it past us to try our hand.

Lucas Nmecha might want a return to English football and wouldn't be unknown to McKenna or completely out of the profile if he's not getting game time in Germany still.

In all honesty, it's a complete guessing game, because we have no idea what the pull of a promotion under McKenna has. For some players it'll be the perfect place to reinvigorate a career that's not quite happening. For others it might mean a big step up and biding their time.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:41 - Dec 17 with 9425 viewsfranz_tyson

Priority has to be a striker I would have thought. If Hirst gets injured, we would struggle big-time to replace him with what we've got. Someone like-for-like. An up-market Gassan Ahadme, perhaps.

Not sure we'd dive into CB territory without seeing how good Tuanzebe really is. If McKenna had doubts about the CB's - wouldn't he have given Tuanzebe game after game in the team by now. He's been dipped in and out. Could happen with Edmundson on his way out.

As for Hutch. He was only bought a year or so ago for 5million ( im sure ive read somewhere). He's an investment for Chelsea and I can't see them getting rid for less than 10 million or more. If we spend big - I think its got to be a ready-made player Marcus Stewart type - not a developing talent.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 11:52]
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:41 - Dec 17 with 9425 viewsNthQldITFC

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:30 - Dec 17 by Keno

This is the football section, Ken.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:44 - Dec 17 with 9382 viewsJimmy86

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:33 - Dec 17 by WeWereZombies

Anyone see the Shankland header that opened the scoring for Hearts in their win over Celtic yesterday ?

He's decent to be fair, Shankland! I know we got Hirst for 1.5 mil, but on the face of it 3 mil doesn't get you an awful lot in today's market...

People were banging the Simms drum again the other week, don't think we should be looking at him again..
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 14:39]
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:45 - Dec 17 with 9365 viewsronnyd

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:30 - Dec 17 by Keno

Is that as a actual footballer ,or just one of your sexual fantasies?
That’s the budget and target…. on 11:46 - Dec 17 with 9340 viewsbluefunk

Anyone who thinks Hirst is ineffective knows sod all about football. I’m paraphrasing Connor Chaplin there. It’s ironic to hear this nonsense when in the last 5 games, he scored against Coventry and Watford and set up Chaplin for our first against Millwall,
That’s the budget and target…. on 11:52 - Dec 17 with 9225 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

6 assists (1 of which was yesterday) and 8 goals - it’s nonsense to suggest Chaplin’s form has dropped. There cannot be many players with more goal involvements than him in the Championship. He’s not going to get almost a goal per game as he did in L1, the Champ is much less forgiving. I would however note that if we lost him to a long term injury we’d struggle to replace him, but you can’t sign a player of his quality to sit around waiting for that eventually.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:54 - Dec 17 with 9202 viewsWeWereZombies

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:45 - Dec 17 by ronnyd

Is that as a actual footballer ,or just one of your sexual fantasies?

You'll be back pedalling furiously when McKenna signs Ulrika Jonsson...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:58 - Dec 17 with 9135 viewscressi

Firstly who ever said we need a Premiership striker we Don't we need a top championship striker deal with the Premiership thing when we get there we have players who if the Premiership comes calling McKenna will no are top championship players but not Premiership players are he will make the call according. In January McKenna and Ashton will have to decide who comes and who leaves no room for sentiment I remember Brian Clough signing Trevor Francis when Forest were top of the tree always look to improve never stand still.
That’s the budget and target…. on 12:01 - Dec 17 with 9054 viewsGarv

Chaplin created two of our best moments yesterday, the corner that led to our first goal and the Burns cross shot early on. He also laid on Burns for the second. He was our best outlet in the first half.

Not sure why people have suggested he didn't have his best game or is off from.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:04 - Dec 17 with 9018 viewsmikeybloo88

I don’t follow other teams enough to have any suggestions, but what I would say is that I think Gamechanger will spend. We are in a great position to get promoted and if we think of ourselves as an investment piece in their fund then for a relatively small outlay of at least say £10-£15m they could see a 20 fold return if we go up. It’s got to be worth the risk to them surely?
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:27 - Dec 17 with 8839 viewsNthQldITFC

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:04 - Dec 17 by mikeybloo88

I don’t follow other teams enough to have any suggestions, but what I would say is that I think Gamechanger will spend. We are in a great position to get promoted and if we think of ourselves as an investment piece in their fund then for a relatively small outlay of at least say £10-£15m they could see a 20 fold return if we go up. It’s got to be worth the risk to them surely?

Yes it has, but...

...don't call me Shirley.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:29 - Dec 17 with 8812 viewsPippin1970

Be someone from United or Spurs. Failing that the best strikers in league 1.
So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:29 - Dec 17 with 8808 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 11:09 - Dec 17 by SheffordBlue

While Nixon often gets a bad rap and gets lots of stuff right he doesn't seem to have any decent links within our club. If this has come from anywhere it's an agent who might have been floated a figure.

I personally think we'll go a bit higher than that to get the right player in although good strikers are really difficult to find at the minute.

Whats Nixon said?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:36 - Dec 17 with 8762 viewsfranz_tyson

So, £3m and £15k pw for a striker…. on 12:29 - Dec 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Whats Nixon said?

“Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.”
― Richard M Nixon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024