Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? 10:54 - Nov 12 with 4376 viewsKeno

please use simple words or MS Paint

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:04 - Nov 12 with 3719 viewsPJH

Because the lino gave a corner for what should have been a goal kick because the ball went behind off Hirst. They probably realised the mistake and a freekick would have been given against us whether we scored or not.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:05 - Nov 12 with 3704 viewsorfordbuoy

The Swansea players protested about something, but the goal looked clean from my view. Not going Clarke's way right now, but, it will.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:06 - Nov 12 with 3701 viewsHerbivore

I know we finally got a penalty, but the ref yesterday was absolutely hopeless. That was a perfectly fine goal, the free kick they scored their first from was a perfectly good tackle from Taylor. The linesmen were terrible as well, one gave absolutely nothing and the other couldn't wait to put his flag up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:10 - Nov 12 with 3684 viewsNthQldITFC

The ref was having a word with Broadhead just before the corner was taken, and I think he took umbrage (word of he day contender?) with Broadhead applying minimal pressure to a couple of their massive defenders, great big bully that Broadhead is.

The fact that he was being pushed away from goal by their number 6 didn't seem to really enter the equation for some reason. I think the ref had decided to penalise Broady before the corner was even taken.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:15 - Nov 12 with 3639 viewsKeno

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:10 - Nov 12 by NthQldITFC

The ref was having a word with Broadhead just before the corner was taken, and I think he took umbrage (word of he day contender?) with Broadhead applying minimal pressure to a couple of their massive defenders, great big bully that Broadhead is.

The fact that he was being pushed away from goal by their number 6 didn't seem to really enter the equation for some reason. I think the ref had decided to penalise Broady before the corner was even taken.

Looking at that clip the ref could have penalised their keeper for pushing his own defender

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:16 - Nov 12 with 3630 viewsRonFearonsHair

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:04 - Nov 12 by PJH

Because the lino gave a corner for what should have been a goal kick because the ball went behind off Hirst. They probably realised the mistake and a freekick would have been given against us whether we scored or not.

Prepared us all for it too but spending an inordate amount of time delaying the corner by talking to the players. Obvious what was going to happen.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:45 - Nov 12 with 3474 viewsnorfsufblue

I think it was because Clarkey had a blue shirt on and cheated by not standing still in the box to enable him to be marked properly... obviously cheating!
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:53 - Nov 12 with 3423 viewsWickets

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:04 - Nov 12 by PJH

Did it go off Hirst it was right in front of me and i did not notice that ?
Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 12:12 - Nov 12 with 3373 viewsPJH

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:53 - Nov 12 by Wickets

Did it go off Hirst it was right in front of me and i did not notice that ?

Yes.
From my Upper Cobbold it clearly went off Hirst.
It was so obvious that it was funny when the lino pointed for a corner.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 12:29]
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 12:35 - Nov 12 with 3240 viewsSteve_M

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 11:16 - Nov 12 by RonFearonsHair

Prepared us all for it too but spending an inordate amount of time delaying the corner by talking to the players. Obvious what was going to happen.

Yes, he was always giving Swansea a free kick there.

There are players holding each other but for both sides and no obvious offence.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 12:40 - Nov 12 with 3197 viewsBuhrer

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 12:44 - Nov 12 with 3167 viewsurbanblue

Yes, I remember the ref seemed unhappy with Broadhead and even thinking at the time, before the corner was even taken, that Broadhead would be penalised if he even touched anyone.

Looking at the clip in the OP it looks like Broadie blocked the player in front of him from moving back. Although there was all sorts of pushing and shoving going on I bet that what he blew for..
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 13:30 - Nov 12 with 3004 viewsWhos_blue

From that view I can see Broady with his arms around their number 6. Nothing in it really, but that's why.

A great run and finish from Clarke though.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 13:37 - Nov 12 with 2977 viewsStewart27

Because the ref was an absolute lunatic who blew up for everything against us.

I thought he gave the penalty for is to avenge this ridiculous decision but it was a clear penalty so he had no choice.

Ref lost control of the game from the second minute. It wasn’t even a difficult game to ref.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 14:42 - Nov 12 with 2798 viewsNthsuffolkblue

From the ref's signal, it is very clear.

"Something over there!"

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 14:58 - Nov 12 with 2767 viewsRadlett_blue

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 13:37 - Nov 12 by Stewart27

Because the ref was an absolute lunatic who blew up for everything against us.

I thought he gave the penalty for is to avenge this ridiculous decision but it was a clear penalty so he had no choice.

Ref lost control of the game from the second minute. It wasn’t even a difficult game to ref.

Indeed, not surprised to discover that the ref was inexperienced - this was only his second ever Championship game and it showed.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 15:11 - Nov 12 with 2696 viewsWickets

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 12:12 - Nov 12 by PJH

Yes.

It might have looked that way from the Cobbold but from the lower Sir Bob myself and my son both could see it was a corner .
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 15:24 - Nov 12 with 2647 viewsUSA

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 12:12 - Nov 12 by PJH

Yes.

I don’t think it did. Player just took the free kick and played it out. Then pretended he was passing it back to the keeper. I thought anyway.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 15:52 - Nov 12 with 2569 viewsHerbivore

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 15:11 - Nov 12 by Wickets

It might have looked that way from the Cobbold but from the lower Sir Bob myself and my son both could see it was a corner .

Yeah I'm also in SBR Lower and at the time I don't remember thinking it had come off Hirst, he looked like he just kicked it out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 16:04 - Nov 12 with 2514 viewsEsseeja

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 15:52 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

Yeah I'm also in SBR Lower and at the time I don't remember thinking it had come off Hirst, he looked like he just kicked it out.

It 100% came off of Hirst. I have no idea why the goal was disallowed though, no consistency at all.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 16:21 - Nov 12 with 2441 viewsDouble_Dutch

Before the corner was taken, Broadhead and their player, were both called over by the ref, for a lecture on holding. If you watch carefully, you will see, that Broadhead, crouched over with his head pushing into the stomach area of the Swansea defender, to prevent him from being held.

Both players returned to their original positions within the area and, Broadhead, continued to crouch over in a similar fashion, when I immediately said, if he continues with this action, a foul will be given and, so it turned out.

Broadhead doesn't persist with this movement in trying to stop the defender from holding him, goal would have been given. It seemed at the time, a strange movement in an attempt to prvent being held, not something, that I have seen a player try before.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 16:39 - Nov 12 with 2388 viewsSwansea_Blue

Broady holding their number 6 is a possible reason. Stopping him getting of the ground. But that's pretty much normal for every corner.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 16:55 - Nov 12 with 2320 viewsKropotkin123

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 16:04 - Nov 12 by Esseeja

It 100% came off of Hirst. I have no idea why the goal was disallowed though, no consistency at all.

Really? On TownTV it looked like the player just played it out. The commentators were basically laughing at their players and saying he can't complain that someone is too close if they play it.

EDIT: Or am I conflating two separate incidents now. I'm gonna have to rewatch
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 16:57]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 18:53 - Nov 12 with 2087 viewsPJH

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 15:11 - Nov 12 by Wickets

So the fact that Hirst kicked it still makes it a corner?
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 19:12 - Nov 12 with 2018 viewstomo

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 18:53 - Nov 12 by PJH

So the fact that Hirst kicked it still makes it a corner?

From A block I was sure their player just misplaced a pass to the keeper. No touch from Hirst for me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024