Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? 10:54 - Nov 12 with 4418 viewsKeno

please use simple words or MS Paint

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 19:42 - Nov 12 with 578 viewsWickets

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 19:12 - Nov 12 by tomo

From A block I was sure their player just misplaced a pass to the keeper. No touch from Hirst for me

Yup misplaced a pass back to the keeper felt a prat so tried to claim it had come off Hirst , lino a couple of yards away pointed straight for a corner and from the best view in the ground was in no doubt !
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 19:59 - Nov 12 with 547 viewsPJH

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 19:42 - Nov 12 by Wickets

Yup misplaced a pass back to the keeper felt a prat so tried to claim it had come off Hirst , lino a couple of yards away pointed straight for a corner and from the best view in the ground was in no doubt !

Certainly the lino who was a couple of yards away pointed straight for a corner but in my mind I am certain he got it wrong.
Unless Hirst says whether he touched it or not we will never know but my son, who was next to me, and I were sure it should have been a goal kick.
I am assuming that the mistake was realised and whatever happened from the corner there was going to be a free kick awarded against us.
Maybe that was not why the goal was disallowed, but either way, I am convinced Hirst touched it.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 20:31 - Nov 12 with 514 viewsBarcaBlue

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 19:59 - Nov 12 by PJH

Certainly the lino who was a couple of yards away pointed straight for a corner but in my mind I am certain he got it wrong.
Unless Hirst says whether he touched it or not we will never know but my son, who was next to me, and I were sure it should have been a goal kick.
I am assuming that the mistake was realised and whatever happened from the corner there was going to be a free kick awarded against us.
Maybe that was not why the goal was disallowed, but either way, I am convinced Hirst touched it.

On the commentary they were clear that Hirst got a touch. It started a chain of events that probably resulted in disallowing the goal and soon after giving the penalty. Shocking refereeing.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 21:23 - Nov 12 with 468 viewsPhilTWTD

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 20:31 - Nov 12 by BarcaBlue

On the commentary they were clear that Hirst got a touch. It started a chain of events that probably resulted in disallowing the goal and soon after giving the penalty. Shocking refereeing.

Just watched it on TownTV and although not obvious Hirst does get his toe to it, I think, and the keeper leaves it. The defender's reaction makes it even clearer that it Hirst got a touch.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 22:09 - Nov 12 with 406 viewsbuckleshamblue60

Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 21:23 - Nov 12 by PhilTWTD

Just watched it on TownTV and although not obvious Hirst does get his toe to it, I think, and the keeper leaves it. The defender's reaction makes it even clearer that it Hirst got a touch.

From SBR1, it was obvious that Hirst did touch it, but not much else wrong with it IMO. As people have said, the ref probably blew for Broady doing a bit of holding. Unfortunately, the ref seemed completely out of his depth.
Can anyone explain why this was disallowed? on 23:12 - Nov 12 with 380 viewsVegtablue

Maybe just me but it it looked every bit another one of our sexy training ground moves. All were attempting to 'occupy" their man in the front half of the penalty area and Broadhead had two to marshal. Clarke then charges into the massive open area behind and Leif's delivery is inch-perfect. The ref had warned Broadhead and one of his partners about getting too frisky beforehand, laying his groundwork, and then blew for obstruction when the ball awkwardly went in. Normal refereeing would have seen him mind his own business but they had no confidence it was a corner - understandably given George kicked it out. It was worth going through this farce because I think it softened there ref up for the penalty decision that came afterwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024