Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the budgies skint? 17:27 - Nov 3 with 4177 viewsgtsb1966

I'm sure one of you money people can pick the bones out of this and enlighten me. Please tell me they are f*****.
https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/norwich-city-release-annual-report
Are the budgies skint? on 17:32 - Nov 3 with 3709 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well ffp is a loss of 35 mill over 3 years.
So If they've lost 27 mill in 1.. then you'd imagine with no more parachute payments to come.. no promotion this season and having a 45 mill loan to payback soon.. they're not in a healthy place.

Sara is gonna be their maddison.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Are the budgies skint? on 17:41 - Nov 3 with 3647 viewsFreddy

They are now 27m in debt and no more parachute payments, so it'll be sell sell sell
Are the budgies skint? on 17:48 - Nov 3 with 3628 viewsmidastouch

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23901034.norwich-city-canaries-2022-23

"What’s even more fearsome than the losses made is the debt the club has, as detailed in the ‘current assets’ section of the report. Their debt has jumped from £66million this time last year to £76million in the current accounts, an increase caused mainly by interest. "

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Are the budgies skint? on 17:48 - Nov 3 with 3626 viewsDennyx4

Did they not sell Aaron’s and Ombadele (sic) after this date, So those player sales will be in this years figures?

Think that is somewhere between £20 & £30 million.

Think they will still need to sell as there wage bill is too high for the Championship, but don’t think it is as bad as it first looked.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 17:49]
Are the budgies skint? on 17:54 - Nov 3 with 3563 viewsle2blue

Are the budgies skint? on 17:48 - Nov 3 by Dennyx4

Did they not sell Aaron’s and Ombadele (sic) after this date, So those player sales will be in this years figures?

Think they will still need to sell as there wage bill is too high for the Championship, but don’t think it is as bad as it first looked.

Its future liabilities they need to worry about, £76m as things stand. Expensive game-getting and staying in the premier league is even more expensive if you don't crack staying up.
Are the budgies skint? on 18:01 - Nov 3 with 3504 viewsIllinoisblue

Are the budgies skint? on 17:54 - Nov 3 by le2blue

Its future liabilities they need to worry about, £76m as things stand. Expensive game-getting and staying in the premier league is even more expensive if you don't crack staying up.

I wonder if the American baseball guy is going to put more money in and gradually ease out Delia

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are the budgies skint? on 18:02 - Nov 3 with 3493 viewswkj

Are the budgies skint? on 18:01 - Nov 3 by Illinoisblue

I wonder if the American baseball guy is going to put more money in and gradually ease out Delia

Ruin a post with just one word

"of"

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Are the budgies skint? on 18:05 - Nov 3 with 3467 viewsLaManga

Can anyone smell smoke?
Login to get fewer ads

Are the budgies skint? on 18:07 - Nov 3 with 3462 views_clive_baker_

Aside from the growing pile of debt that will need servicing, the operational health is something they'll need to take some pretty drastic action on given the near term reductions in parachute payments.

If they're breaking even operationally on £76m of revenue, then they must've had a big cost base last season (circa £76m, unsurprisingly). Parachute payments work on a basis of 55% in Y1 (last season), 45% in Y2 (this season), and 20% in Y3, so unless they go back up this year they're looking at revenues dropping to the tune of £50m over this season and next. That's a hell of a hole to plug.

It wont be long until they have to cut some serious cost and sell off a bit of the family silver. I'm not sure how much silver they've got though really. Rowe, Sargent and Sara will be top of that list I guess. They're definitely in a sticky spot if they don't get promoted this season.
Are the budgies skint? on 18:12 - Nov 3 with 3414 viewsDennyx4

Are the budgies skint? on 18:07 - Nov 3 by _clive_baker_

Aside from the growing pile of debt that will need servicing, the operational health is something they'll need to take some pretty drastic action on given the near term reductions in parachute payments.

If they're breaking even operationally on £76m of revenue, then they must've had a big cost base last season (circa £76m, unsurprisingly). Parachute payments work on a basis of 55% in Y1 (last season), 45% in Y2 (this season), and 20% in Y3, so unless they go back up this year they're looking at revenues dropping to the tune of £50m over this season and next. That's a hell of a hole to plug.

It wont be long until they have to cut some serious cost and sell off a bit of the family silver. I'm not sure how much silver they've got though really. Rowe, Sargent and Sara will be top of that list I guess. They're definitely in a sticky spot if they don't get promoted this season.

From what I understand this is the last year of parachute payments for Norwich, as the payments are based on how many years you were in the Premier League before relegation.

1 season = 2 years payments
2 seasons = 3 years payments
3 seasons or more = 4 years payments.

Norwich were only up for one season, so should only get 2 payments. Does mean their revenue next season will drop significantly.
Are the budgies skint? on 18:13 - Nov 3 with 3399 viewsDennyx4

Is most of that owed to the new American chap, similar to us in the past owing Evans?
Are the budgies skint? on 18:20 - Nov 3 with 3325 views_clive_baker_

Are the budgies skint? on 18:12 - Nov 3 by Dennyx4

From what I understand this is the last year of parachute payments for Norwich, as the payments are based on how many years you were in the Premier League before relegation.

1 season = 2 years payments
2 seasons = 3 years payments
3 seasons or more = 4 years payments.

Norwich were only up for one season, so should only get 2 payments. Does mean their revenue next season will drop significantly.

You're right, it's 55% in Y1, then 45% in Y2. But only 20% for Y3 is only if they were there more than 1 season, which they weren't.

It doesn't change the picture for this year, but does mean their revenues will drop drastically after this season. If nothing changed there they would be looking at revenues next season of probably maximum £25m, with £75m of operational costs. That's a £50m operating loss, and then the amortisation of players.

They're properly in the sh1t.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:42 - Nov 3 with 3202 viewscatch74

Are the budgies skint? on 18:20 - Nov 3 by _clive_baker_

You're right, it's 55% in Y1, then 45% in Y2. But only 20% for Y3 is only if they were there more than 1 season, which they weren't.

It doesn't change the picture for this year, but does mean their revenues will drop drastically after this season. If nothing changed there they would be looking at revenues next season of probably maximum £25m, with £75m of operational costs. That's a £50m operating loss, and then the amortisation of players.

Sadly their one half decent CB is injured, feels like lady luck has sadly left them for a bit.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 18:44]

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Are the budgies skint? on 18:57 - Nov 3 with 3087 viewsHighgateBlue

Are the budgies skint? on 17:32 - Nov 3 by FrimleyBlue

So If they've lost 27 mill in 1.. then you'd imagine with no more parachute payments to come.. no promotion this season and having a 45 mill loan to payback soon.. they're not in a healthy place.

Maddison was their Maddison!

Sara is a terrific player, but surely his fee would be closer to what Leicester bought Maddison for that what Leicester sold Maddison for.
Are the budgies skint? on 19:31 - Nov 3 with 2944 viewsIllinoisblue

Are the budgies skint? on 18:02 - Nov 3 by wkj

Ruin a post with just one word

"of"

Looks for puke emoji

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are the budgies skint? on 19:44 - Nov 3 with 2881 viewsNthQldITFC

Are the budgies skint? on 18:20 - Nov 3 by _clive_baker_

Surely not. The ChampionsofRochdale must still have some prize money tucked away somewhere.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Are the budgies skint? on 20:24 - Nov 3 with 2699 viewsFreddy

Are the budgies skint? on 17:48 - Nov 3 by Dennyx4

How does it compare with us, we were 12:5m in debt ending June 2022, when do this years figures come out ?
Are the budgies skint? on 20:32 - Nov 3 with 2652 viewsMK1

They have 2 or 3 decent players to sell for a reasonable price. So probably not in financial trouble of sorts, but playing squad wise, not so good. I must admit, I have never really been bothered about them. (except for when we play them obviously)
Are the budgies skint? on 20:51 - Nov 3 with 2549 viewsArnieM

I hope they go to the bloody wall …

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Are the budgies skint? on 20:54 - Nov 3 with 2530 viewsWicklowBlue

Are the budgies skint? on 19:31 - Nov 3 by Illinoisblue

Looks for puke emoji

🤮🤮🤮🤮
Are the budgies skint? on 20:54 - Nov 3 with 2530 viewsChrisd

Are the budgies skint? on 17:32 - Nov 3 by FrimleyBlue

This is the thing that really worries me about promotion to the EPL, where teams over stretch themselves financially simply trying to compete. When the Canaries got promoted the last couple of times they didn’t really over spend and they still find themselves in a mess.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are the budgies skint? on 20:57 - Nov 3 with 2500 viewsArnieM

Are the budgies skint? on 20:32 - Nov 3 by MK1

They have 2 or 3 decent players to sell for a reasonable price. So probably not in financial trouble of sorts, but playing squad wise, not so good. I must admit, I have never really been bothered about them. (except for when we play them obviously)

Hopefully it’ll be a buyers market and the price they can get will drop as they’ll be desperate and clubs will know that. That’s what happened to us … eg Holland values at £3-4m went for £400k !

Are the budgies skint? on 21:21 - Nov 3 with 2401 viewsElderGrizzly

I’m sure I read Sunderland lost £200m from their time in the Premier League.

It’s definitely not a licence to print money up there
Are the budgies skint? on 21:26 - Nov 3 with 2363 viewsArnieM

Are the budgies skint? on 21:21 - Nov 3 by ElderGrizzly

I’m sure I read Sunderland lost £200m from their time in the Premier League.

It’s definitely not a licence to print money up there

PL is vastly overrated ….

Are the budgies skint? on 21:47 - Nov 3 with 2261 viewsBLUEBEAT

Sh!t on the Naaaaridge 🐥

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024