Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw 14:41 - Sep 28 with 6311 viewsChurchman

Idea shamelessly plundered from Sunderland’s forum. This doesn’t include those seen on tv. My five seen ‘live’ are:

George Best
Ossie Ardiles
Jurgen Klinsmann
Kenny Dalglish
Thierry Henry
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 09:59 - Sep 29 with 1742 viewsKingsCrossBlue

Best player I’ve ever seen in the flesh, is probably Georgi Kinkladze. In the pre-match warm up, he did keepy ups with two footballs at once and I’m sure wasn’t even trying.

Dennis Bergkamp - he’s definitely part X-Men in that he seemed to make time and people freeze, whilst he worked out in his head what was happening about 10 seconds ahead of play. Just football in a parallel dimension

Ronaldo (Brazil) - weapon grade footballer

Hristo Stoichkov - a top of the pyramid predator of a footballer. Never ever switched off and constantly looked like he wanted to shot gun someone’s knees out.

My Brother - for scoring a 30 yard free kick against me, that pinged off the crossbar and broke it.
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 10:21 - Sep 29 with 1721 viewsTractorCam

Messi
C. Ronaldo
Iniesta
Kane
Salah/ Neymar

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 10:40 - Sep 29 with 1713 viewsthecheek

Zenedine Zidane
Thierry Henry
Paul Gascoigne
Dejan Savicevic
Dragan Stojkovic
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 10:40 - Sep 29 with 1713 viewsFBI

All at PR: Cruyff, Best, Keegan, Pat Jennings and a young lad playing for Chester in the 78-79 FA cup by the name of Ian Rush. "He'll do alright", I thought.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 10:52 - Sep 29 with 1704 viewsnoggin

Gascoigne
Henry
Bergkamp
Best
Dalglish

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 10:58 - Sep 29 with 1695 viewsSE1blue

Iniesta
Figo
Hoddle
Ibrahimovic
Scholes

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 11:12 - Sep 29 with 1688 viewsHipsterectomy

I saw QPR a few times at uni and Taarabt really was one of the best players I've ever seen. Shame he would only do it for 20 mins, though be world class in those 20 mins and likely have won them the game in that time, sulk if the ball wasn't given to him, refuse to attend training, go on holiday when he wanted in the season and enjoy late night kebabs

To be so talented and know you're world class, but to lack any work ethic or desire to achieve is maddening

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 11:25 - Sep 29 with 1670 viewsChurchman

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 08:50 - Sep 29 by monty_radio

Appreciate that he didn't pass the longevity or great international tests, but anyone who saw him play often think that the Beat was right up there?

Sorry, disallowed. He played for us. But yes, what a player
Login to get fewer ads

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 13:28 - Sep 29 with 1629 viewsReus30

Beckham
Scholes
Drogba
Bergkamp
Viera
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 13:35 - Sep 29 with 1616 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 09:41 - Sep 29 by soupytwist

Did you see Andrea Pirlo make his European competition debut for Brescia in the Anglo European Cup against, checks notes, Ipswich Town?

This would be a great stat if it was actually true

EDIT; misread that as debut not European debut, as you were!
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 13:44]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 13:36 - Sep 29 with 1615 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Haven’t got time to think this through but a shout out for Marcel Desailly, who I remember unsurprisingly looking an absolute rock when he played against us for Chelsea

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 13:40 - Sep 29 with 1616 viewsgainsboroughblue

Glenn Hoddle
Gianfranco Zola
Kenny Dalglish
Frank Worthington
Ruud Gullitt

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 14:03 - Sep 29 with 1594 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Charles
Terry Payne
Johan Cruyff
Michel Platini
Franz Beckenbauer

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 15:41 - Sep 29 with 1559 viewsjontysnut

Gazza
Best
Cruyff
Maradona
Bergkamp
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 15:52 - Sep 29 with 1540 viewstractordownsouth

I've never attended a Premier League game but have watched both England and Wales lives so I'd probably have to go with this.

Jude Bellingham
Harry Kane
Bukayo Saka
Gareth Bale
Aaron Ramsey

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 16:50 - Sep 29 with 1509 viewssolemio

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 14:03 - Sep 29 by GlasgowBlue

John Charles
Terry Payne
Johan Cruyff
Michel Platini
Franz Beckenbauer

Nice to see John Charles mentioned. A very great player.
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 16:56 - Sep 29 with 1504 viewsChurchman

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 14:03 - Sep 29 by GlasgowBlue

John Charles
Terry Payne
Johan Cruyff
Michel Platini
Franz Beckenbauer

Now that’s a cracking five. I must have seen Terry Payne in my yoof, but I don’t remember it. Certainly missed out on Cruyff and Platini. Didn’t see the great John Charles either.
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 17:26 - Sep 29 with 1474 viewsGlasgowBlue

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 16:50 - Sep 29 by solemio

Nice to see John Charles mentioned. A very great player.

He was player/manager of Hereford United when I saw him in the early 70's at Weymouth in the Southern League.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 17:40 - Sep 29 with 1464 viewsDJR

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 16:56 - Sep 29 by Churchman

Now that’s a cracking five. I must have seen Terry Payne in my yoof, but I don’t remember it. Certainly missed out on Cruyff and Platini. Didn’t see the great John Charles either.

Here's a nice story about Cruyff.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/21605056.roger-osborne-recalls-day-marked-barcelona
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 17:54 - Sep 29 with 1449 viewsFather_Jack

Jimmy Greaves
Rodney Marsh
Bobby Moore
Pat Jennings
Martin Peters

Less is more.

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 18:03 - Sep 29 with 1433 viewsnoggin

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 17:54 - Sep 29 by Father_Jack

Jimmy Greaves
Rodney Marsh
Bobby Moore
Pat Jennings
Martin Peters

You haven't watched any football for the last 45 years?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 18:24 - Sep 29 with 1406 viewsmonty_radio

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 11:25 - Sep 29 by Churchman

Sorry, disallowed. He played for us. But yes, what a player

Just really asking if he might have been there if he could have been there. We've had some mighty fine players, but none of that calibre. Unless Batistuta........

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 18:48 - Sep 29 with 1393 views66notout

Pele
Maradona
Johan Cruyff
George Best
Bobby Moore
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 19:00 - Sep 29 with 1386 viewsjacobnikons

Zico
Kevin Keegan
Alan Shearer
Glenn Hoddle
Paul Gascoigne
Five best non-Ipswich players you personally ever saw on 19:08 - Sep 29 with 1373 viewsVic

Cruyff (even though Roger O marked him out of the game I saw at PR)
Maradona
Heddle
Platini
And pretty please, can I have Beattie? I know it bends the rules, but I do put him up there with those other players.

Good thread btw!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024