Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to school early for us 17:07 - Sep 2 with 1673 viewsMullet

What a comeback, right before the international break. Lots of lessons to learn for us there too.

Thought Cardiff's second goal was a tad fortunate given it seemed to ping around and land back at his feet to score, but they played a perfect first half. Targeted Clarke and left him with no support from Burns, packed the midfield and stood off us until they could break (much like Leeds).

But the subs, the comeback, the opener from Broadhead and the b0llocks on Freddie Ladapo to run the line like that and take his goals. Magnfique.

Williams and Hutchinson made that third and it was deserving of the winner but I thought mentally we looked better than last season, as the challenge was higher. Instead of dominating games, we had to pick our moments today and you can take all of our wins and point to riding our luck or whatever but so what? Mixed it with tough, established sides and doing a number on them.

Mad to think we might have looked at selling Freddie or swapping him amongst all the transfer chat yesterday.

McKenna knows what he's doing doesn't he?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Back to school early for us on 17:12 - Sep 2 with 1617 viewsSibelius8

A perceptive analysis. What a game!
Back to school early for us on 17:14 - Sep 2 with 1600 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

That says everything.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Back to school early for us on 17:29 - Sep 2 with 1547 viewscbower

Pleased for Ladapo. His 20 odd goals last season just did not get the recognition and many had dismissed him as no longer good enough for us. Hirst is clearly first choice and McKenna will play Jackson when he sees fit. Scarlett will get game time but really interesting that it was Freddie who replaced Hirst today. A manager who knows his players strengths and is a tactician is so good to see.

bluescouser

Back to school early for us on 17:30 - Sep 2 with 1533 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Good synopsis.

I didn’t think we played bad first half, but we defended bad on one side. I still believe we would win the game.

Also did people boo at half time or were my ears broken. Maniacs.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Back to school early for us on 17:33 - Sep 2 with 1511 viewsvestanpance

Yeah but does he make a good soup?

Blog: Saturday is Non-League Day

Back to school early for us on 17:43 - Sep 2 with 1461 viewsBlueBadger

Break's coming at the right time for KMac to make changes and tweaks, innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Back to school early for us on 17:44 - Sep 2 with 1450 viewsRobTheMonk

Hutch will be crucial to those types of games going forward. He’s got that wildcard element to get through tight spaces.

Said at half time that he could potentially do some good in the game.
Back to school early for us on 17:51 - Sep 2 with 1405 viewsGeoffSentence

Back to school early for us on 17:30 - Sep 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Good synopsis.

I didn’t think we played bad first half, but we defended bad on one side. I still believe we would win the game.

Yes, I heard some boos. No idea what they were booing for, if they were booing the team then they were a bunch of numpties.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Back to school early for us on 18:05 - Sep 2 with 1353 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree, easy to say now but I am very pleased that wasn't a 3-0 walk in the park. McKenna isn't daft and would never think we were as good as we're going to get but it's nice to highlight a few areas to work on during the break.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Back to school early for us on 18:15 - Sep 2 with 1315 viewsthatbdude

Strongly agree. Today showed strengths and weaknesses.

Like I said, our backline does need some minor improvements

Poll: Who going down?

Back to school early for us on 18:25 - Sep 2 with 1279 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Back to school early for us on 17:51 - Sep 2 by GeoffSentence

Yes, I heard some boos. No idea what they were booing for, if they were booing the team then they were a bunch of numpties.

Genuine maniacs.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Back to school early for us on 18:39 - Sep 2 with 1219 viewsBloomBlue

2 seasons ago we would have lost that game when it went 0-2, probably by 3 or 4 nil. That mental strength we have now is brilliant. Plus in those type of games you need individual brilliance, step forward Broadhead with that first goal. Not seen the replay back yet, but it seemed to hit the back of the net before the GK even moved
Back to school early for us on 19:06 - Sep 2 with 1150 viewsMVBlue

Back to school early for us on 18:25 - Sep 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Genuine maniacs.

Freddie reminds me of David Johnson. he gets in the right places. You need players like him in the squad. Hes a good guy.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Back to school early for us on 19:09 - Sep 2 with 1127 viewsHorsham

Your last sentence. That’s the quote and so true.
Back to school early for us on 19:14 - Sep 2 with 1102 viewsMullet

Back to school early for us on 17:33 - Sep 2 by vestanpance

Yeah but does he make a good soup?

Bloody hell I thought your login had been retired like Jude Bellingham's shirt x

Back to school early for us on 19:18 - Sep 2 with 1086 viewsMullet

Back to school early for us on 17:30 - Sep 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Good synopsis.

I think Clarke was exposed, but he and Burns were also hurting them down that flank. Likewise as good as Morsy was he and Broadhead got dispossessed easily after not getting a "man on" and that left Cardiff 3/4 vs 1 in midfield to break etc.

Hladky did really well to save that header but we got away with that goal being chalked off. Likewise you can nitpick more and more in the first half but it was nothing major. They were far better structured than the League One teams who tried to sit off us and sit tight - so when they did break it was a genuine worry each time.

The result meant it's of no consequence but I suspect McKenna will work counter attacks all break now, as that's been our weak spot every game this season against higher calibre teams.

Back to school early for us on 20:27 - Sep 2 with 958 viewsvestanpance

Back to school early for us on 19:14 - Sep 2 by Mullet

Bloody hell I thought your login had been retired like Jude Bellingham's shirt x

Annual visit to prove i’m still alive. Where’s BULBECK?

Blog: Saturday is Non-League Day

Back to school early for us on 20:28 - Sep 2 with 946 viewsMullet

Back to school early for us on 20:27 - Sep 2 by vestanpance

Annual visit to prove i’m still alive. Where’s BULBECK?

Watching non-league?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024