Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential CB targets 08:05 - Aug 16 with 4736 viewstractordownsouth

I've done a collaboration with Ben on the Blue Monday channel looking at five CB options that could be on our list.

A couple of suggestions are quite ambitious but tried to stay as realistic as possible.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Potential CB targets on 08:10 - Aug 16 with 3376 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Barnsley fans seem convinced Kitching is on his way out, though not sure where.

Surprised Edwards is still at P’boro (and Clarke Harris and Mason Clark for that matter). Personally I think looking at L1 standouts make sense given the craxy prices being banded about for established Championship players.
Potential CB targets on 08:28 - Aug 16 with 3219 viewsnodge_blue

You know more about footballers than i do. I totally lose track these days of all the multiple hundreds of squad players and couldn’t tell you who most are.

I did know cashin from last year though and he would be my pick.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Potential CB targets on 08:28 - Aug 16 with 3218 viewsITFC_Jenx

Potential CB targets on 08:10 - Aug 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Surprised Edwards is still at P’boro (and Clarke Harris and Mason Clark for that matter). Personally I think looking at L1 standouts make sense given the craxy prices being banded about for established Championship players.

Apparently Barnsley have turned down £2.5m from Coventry for Kitching. I think crazy prices will still be there for some of L1, especially I they're under a long contract like Kitching (June 26).
Potential CB targets on 08:29 - Aug 16 with 3214 viewstractordownsouth

Potential CB targets on 08:10 - Aug 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

The market seems back to its pre-covid levels.

Edwards is excellent but I didn't include him for two reasons. I don't think he'd be gettable for us unless a Premier League side buy him and loan him out for a season and he's not particularly good in the air, so despite having quality he's not the type we need.

[Redacted] on 08:35 - Aug 16 with 3142 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Potential CB targets on 08:37 - Aug 16 with 3094 viewspointofblue

[Redacted] on 08:35 - Aug 16 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

If Burgess goes down we'll presumably bring in Edmundson on the left - he struggled there last season. And then if something happens to him or Woolfenden? We're down to Baggott, who is untested at this level. I think a further centre back is a must, which would then free up a loan opportunity for Baggott as well.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Potential CB targets on 08:42 - Aug 16 with 3052 viewstractordownsouth

[Redacted]

Baggott probably needs another loan, which would leave us with only 3 options, so I reckon we'll bring another one in.

Burgess and Woolfenden have been outstanding so far but there's nothing wrong with trying to strengthen from a position of strength in the left-sided CB role, like we did at RB with Harry Clarke coming in for Donacien.

Agreed on a striker.

Potential CB targets on 08:44 - Aug 16 with 3015 viewsGarv

Potential CB targets on 08:37 - Aug 16 by pointofblue

If Burgess goes down we'll presumably bring in Edmundson on the left - he struggled there last season. And then if something happens to him or Woolfenden? We're down to Baggott, who is untested at this level. I think a further centre back is a must, which would then free up a loan opportunity for Baggott as well.

Arguably Wolfenden is untested at Championship level, and no one has any arguments about his place.

And if Edmundson can get and stay fit, he's a quality player.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Potential CB targets on 08:46 - Aug 16 with 2987 viewsKieran_Knows

Potential CB targets on 08:28 - Aug 16 by ITFC_Jenx

Apparently Barnsley have turned down £2.5m from Coventry for Kitching. I think crazy prices will still be there for some of L1, especially I they're under a long contract like Kitching (June 26).

How many more centre backs do Coventry want to sign? Christ.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Potential CB targets on 08:48 - Aug 16 with 2963 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

[Redacted]

With the L1 clubs, I’d assume they are more likely to need to sell, perhaps the prices will come down as we get closer to the window closing and deals are not done. Look at Taylor, P’boro wanted 3m for him and we ended up getting him for half that by holding out.

I’d still like to see some quality backup for Broadhead in case he gets injured, he’s such an important player in unlocking stubborn defences (not to mention his goals). Someone else that can run at defenders and take them on. Maybe McKenna sees Hutchinson as that player, but perhaps he’s a bit raw at this point. It might be that TJJ is that man…
Potential CB targets on 08:54 - Aug 16 with 2908 viewsrodney76

The biggest threat to our success this season will be injuries and the extent to which our back-up players fill that role.

There are doubts, particularly at central defence, imo, and another competent body won't go amiss.

Neither Sunderland nor Stoke presented the biggest attacking threats in this league, by some way.

[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 9:05]
Potential CB targets on 09:00 - Aug 16 with 2840 viewstractordownsouth

Potential CB targets on 08:46 - Aug 16 by Kieran_Knows

They had three on loan last year (Panzo, McNally and Doyle) and they've all left.

Potential CB targets on 09:01 - Aug 16 with 2823 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dom Ball can play CB or RB don’t forget.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Potential CB targets on 09:02 - Aug 16 with 2820 viewsKieran_Knows

Potential CB targets on 09:00 - Aug 16 by tractordownsouth

They had three on loan last year (Panzo, McNally and Doyle) and they've all left.

They signed 4 players who have all played at centre back to replace them (Binks, Thomas, Latibeaudiere & van Ewijk).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

[Redacted] on 09:11 - Aug 16 with 2737 viewsvictorywilhappen

Potential CB targets on 08:48 - Aug 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

With the L1 clubs, I’d assume they are more likely to need to sell, perhaps the prices will come down as we get closer to the window closing and deals are not done. Look at Taylor, P’boro wanted 3m for him and we ended up getting him for half that by holding out.

I’d still like to see some quality backup for Broadhead in case he gets injured, he’s such an important player in unlocking stubborn defences (not to mention his goals). Someone else that can run at defenders and take them on. Maybe McKenna sees Hutchinson as that player, but perhaps he’s a bit raw at this point. It might be that TJJ is that man…

[Redacted]
Potential CB targets on 09:12 - Aug 16 with 2729 viewstractordownsouth

Potential CB targets on 09:02 - Aug 16 by Kieran_Knows

They signed 4 players who have all played at centre back to replace them (Binks, Thomas, Latibeaudiere & van Ewijk).

Van Ewijk is a wing-back. I can still see why they would want Kitching as well as the other three though, as Latibeaudiere was average at Swansea, so I'd be surprised if they brought him in as the starting left centre-back.

[Redacted] on 09:14 - Aug 16 with 2715 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Potential CB targets on 09:17 - Aug 16 with 2660 viewsMatt_Netherlands

A good watch. Of those five I think my preference order woukd be:

Davies
Cashin
Kitching
Kongolo
Kalas

Out of interest, why didn’t you include Cathcart?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 9:18]
Potential CB targets on 09:29 - Aug 16 with 2589 viewssolemio

Potential CB targets on 08:46 - Aug 16 by Kieran_Knows

Christ was a particularly good CB for Nazareth FC, so I can understand Coventry wanting to sign him.
Potential CB targets on 09:36 - Aug 16 with 2529 viewsthe_toff

Potential CB targets on 09:29 - Aug 16 by solemio

Christ was a particularly good CB for Nazareth FC, so I can understand Coventry wanting to sign him.

Good on crosses
Potential CB targets on 09:39 - Aug 16 with 2506 viewsyorkshireblue

[Redacted] on 09:11 - Aug 16 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

In what way is he "entilted"?
Potential CB targets on 09:47 - Aug 16 with 2433 viewsMatt_Netherlands

[Redacted] on 09:11 - Aug 16 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Agree. Hutch should have scored at least two hat tricks from the 30 minutes he’s played for us so far. Bloody kids.
Potential CB targets on 10:07 - Aug 16 with 2310 viewsITFC_Jenx

Potential CB targets on 09:36 - Aug 16 by the_toff

Good on crosses

The Saviour for his team.
Potential CB targets on 10:07 - Aug 16 with 2306 viewstractordownsouth

Potential CB targets on 09:17 - Aug 16 by Matt_Netherlands

A good watch. Of those five I think my preference order woukd be:

Davies
Cashin
Kitching
Kongolo
Kalas

Out of interest, why didn’t you include Cathcart?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 9:18]

Cheers. Yeah that would be my order as well, except I’d swap the bottom two around.

Cathcart could easily have been in there but he’s another right footer and I wanted to focus more on those stronger on the left.

Potential CB targets on 10:14 - Aug 16 with 2240 viewsITFC_Jenx

Potential CB targets on 10:07 - Aug 16 by tractordownsouth

Cheers. Yeah that would be my order as well, except I’d swap the bottom two around.

Cathcart could easily have been in there but he’s another right footer and I wanted to focus more on those stronger on the left.

I really want Kongolo to be a classy, pacy Dutch LCB who looks great in the orange away kit but that's too much risk with his injury record.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024