Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong 10:27 - Aug 6 with 9972 viewsle2blue

Though Southampton have decided to keep him.
Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:28 - Aug 6 with 6054 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Seems highly unlikely
Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:33 - Aug 6 with 5941 viewsKeno

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:28 - Aug 6 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

Seems highly unlikely

As likely as me spending the night with Lily James, Jenna Coleman and the English womans netball team

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:34 - Aug 6 with 5925 viewsHerbivore

I can't imagine a world in which we'd pay £8m for Adam Armstrong and cover his PL wages.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:34 - Aug 6 with 5911 viewsJ2BLUE

I doubt it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:36 - Aug 6 with 5881 viewsphillymark

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:33 - Aug 6 by Keno

As likely as me spending the night with Lily James, Jenna Coleman and the English womans netball team

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:41 - Aug 6 with 5794 viewsIP1Blue

Ashton says he’s expecting a transfer domino effect once ‘newly relegated sides start selling players’ yesterday.

Today we’re linked with one of there players.

Either we are interested in them and words match up to action or agents just listening in to what he is saying to try and gear up a move away elsewhere - I think we all know it is most likely the latter
Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:46 - Aug 6 with 5705 viewsKeno

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:36 - Aug 6 by phillymark

obviously that may be a bit unrealistic, the netball team have a big game coming up

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:47 - Aug 6 with 5683 viewsHerbivore

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:46 - Aug 6 by Keno

obviously that may be a bit unrealistic, the netball team have a big game coming up

I'm sure they've got a spare 30 seconds.

Login to get fewer ads

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:48 - Aug 6 with 5671 viewsBlueBadger

Why do people still share Nixon links as if he's an oracle?

Only time he's ever actually ITK is when he's nicked ir from someone genuinely ITK who's broken the story a day or two before.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:52 - Aug 6 with 5622 viewsWacko

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:41 - Aug 6 by IP1Blue

Ashton says he’s expecting a transfer domino effect once ‘newly relegated sides start selling players’ yesterday.

Today we’re linked with one of there players.

Either we are interested in them and words match up to action or agents just listening in to what he is saying to try and gear up a move away elsewhere - I think we all know it is most likely the latter

I don't understand Ashton's comments. Newly relegated clubs have already sold players... one of them to us!

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:52 - Aug 6 with 5610 viewsKeno

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:48 - Aug 6 by BlueBadger

Only time he's ever actually ITK is when he's nicked ir from someone genuinely ITK who's broken the story a day or two before.

you spelt orifice wrong

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:55 - Aug 6 with 5565 viewsKeno

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:47 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

I'm sure they've got a spare 30 seconds.

is that each or as a team?

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:55 - Aug 6 with 5561 viewsHerbivore

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:52 - Aug 6 by Wacko

I don't understand Ashton's comments. Newly relegated clubs have already sold players... one of them to us!

The relegated clubs still have players in their squads that you'd expect to end up in the Prem by the end of the window. That movement will then free up other deals to take place.

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:02 - Aug 6 with 5465 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lol 8 mill

Do these people not understand ffp.

When we begin selling players for 10+ mill then you might see Coventry level spending. Until then. No chance. Thats not a negative. Just obvious isn't it?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:03 - Aug 6 with 5452 viewsHerbivore

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:55 - Aug 6 by Keno

is that each or as a team?

The whole team. Let's not kid ourselves here, Keno.

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:04 - Aug 6 with 5450 viewspointofblue

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:52 - Aug 6 by Wacko

Perhaps we're looking at a Hirst equivalent from a Premier side but they're looking to bring in a player from a relegated side before letting them go. As an example, and not saying we're linked for a moment, West Ham have agreed in principle to sell or loan us Conor Coventry but won't let him go until they sign a replacement, with Moyes reportedly interested in Ward-Prowse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:05 - Aug 6 with 5428 viewsKeno

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:03 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

The whole team. Let's not kid ourselves here, Keno.

I can dream

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:09 - Aug 6 with 5356 viewspointofblue

As an aside, if we’re really planning to spend up to £8m for Armstrong, why didn’t we outbid Coventry for Simms (I think reportedly £7m) and, at the very least, drive the price up.

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:11 - Aug 6 with 5326 viewsghostofescobar

Just can’t see up paying anything like 8mill for a player. Would blow my tiny little mind if we did. Despite the “money bags” tag some throw at us, I think we’ve been relatively frugal on most of our signings so far.

GhostOfEscobar

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:17 - Aug 6 with 5259 viewsportmanking

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:09 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

As an aside, if we’re really planning to spend up to £8m for Armstrong, why didn’t we outbid Coventry for Simms (I think reportedly £7m) and, at the very least, drive the price up.

Ridiculous comparison.

Simms is completely untested in comparison to Armstrong. You'd understand why market value for Armstrong is twice Simms' value given his history at this level. If Simms is really worth 8m, you could argue Armstrong is eight figures comfortably.
Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:17 - Aug 6 with 5255 viewstractorboy1978

Maybe we didn't really want him 'that much'. Ashton said McKenna has said 'no that isn't right for us' a couple of times this summer.

It might not be Armstrong and might not be £8m, but I am pretty sure we are going to see the biggest fee paid by GC by quite a distance before the end of this window.
Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:18 - Aug 6 with 5239 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He’s weeks out of date.
Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:22 - Aug 6 with 5134 viewsKieran_Knows

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 10:48 - Aug 6 by BlueBadger

Oh shut up.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:26 - Aug 6 with 5069 viewsLankHenners

They paid about half that for Simms at most, add-ons will take it towards that figure. We just felt that was too much whereas Coventry could afford to push the boat out a bit more having sold Gyokeres for about £20 million.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:29 - Aug 6 with 5004 viewspointofblue

Nixon still thinks we’re after Adam Armstrong on 11:26 - Aug 6 by LankHenners

They paid about half that for Simms at most, add-ons will take it towards that figure. We just felt that was too much whereas Coventry could afford to push the boat out a bit more having sold Gyokeres for about £20 million.

Thanks. If we thought that was too much for Simms then surely the internal thinking is £8m is approaching ridiculous for Armstrong. Unless it’s £1m upfront and £7m on promotion to the top tier!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024