Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 22:01 - May 29 with 4453 viewsFrimleyBlue

who the hell do you pick for bottom 3?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 22:07 - May 29 with 4098 viewsSheffordBlue

Likely to be at least one or two in financial trouble. Will we have a season without a points deduction for someone?

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 22:11 - May 29 with 4074 viewsWD19

Rotherham, QPR and Cardiff won’t be far away.

Birmingham have a chance.

Plymouth could be a wildcard.
As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 22:15 - May 29 with 4051 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwich, Norwich, Norwich.

Next?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 22:22 - May 29 with 4018 viewssouthnorfolkblue

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 22:11 - May 29 by WD19

I’d add Wednesday to that list. They were dreadful today

Poll: Our final position

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 23:11 - May 29 with 3899 viewsArnieM

Sheffield Weds
Sheffield Weds
Sheffield Weds

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 07:12 - May 30 with 3599 viewsPioneerBlue

Not hard to do. Not saying this with any certainly but it was easy to say,

Middlesbrough
Southampton
Leeds

Bottom
Cardiff
QPR
Hull

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 07:24 - May 30 with 3558 viewsITFC_Forever

Birmingham
Cardiff
Sheff Wed

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 07:39 - May 30 with 3511 viewsHerbivore

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 22:11 - May 29 by WD19

Yep. I'd add Wednesday to the mix as well, all they really have is physicality and there will be more sides in the Championship able to stand up to that. They don't have all that much individual quality and they don't have an effective and cohesive system that enables them to be greater than the sum of their parts.

Think the bottom 6 is arguably quite easy to call.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 09:56 - May 30 with 3288 viewsbaxterbasics

I think Weds will survive actually. Mainly because they have a good manager.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 10:15 - May 30 with 3235 viewsketton_itfc

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 07:39 - May 30 by Herbivore

Yep. I'd add Wednesday to the mix as well, all they really have is physicality and there will be more sides in the Championship able to stand up to that. They don't have all that much individual quality and they don't have an effective and cohesive system that enables them to be greater than the sum of their parts.

Think the bottom 6 is arguably quite easy to call.

Think they have quite a few out of contract so could be some churn, interesting if they have any cash or need to rely on frees. Moore has a lot of work ahead.
As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 10:18 - May 30 with 3230 viewsBlueBlood90

Plymouth, Rotherham and Cardiff at this stage.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 10:41 - May 30 with 3171 viewsCityBlue

QPR may totally collapse this season but I would also say that there are several teams who are only just "surviving" in this division and it is clear that without either parachute payments or backing then you can only hope to make the playoffs through a mix of guts and luck (ala Luton).

Ipswich really are set up to equip with this level and I can see another season similar to last year in L1 with several teams pushing away from the rest quickly.

Do not rate Southampton and we will see if Leicester are "too big a club for second tier".

I T I D

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 13:11 - May 30 with 2990 viewswkj

Leicester, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 14:27 - May 30 with 2860 viewsjayessess

Groups for me -

Parachute Teams (should finish 1st to 5th, if they don't f up): Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Watford, Scum

Biggish Teams in a Decent Place (Should make play-offs, assuming they don't f up and at least one parachute teams does): Middlesbrough, Sunderland, West Brom

Currently relatively well-run mid-sized teams (will finish somewhere between 6th to 12th): Coventry, Millwall, PNE, Blackburn

Neither total basket cases, but also not especially well-run mid-sized teams (might sneak into top half, but could still bomb it and end up in trouble): Swansea, Hull, Bristol City, Stoke, Birmingham, Cardiff

Either too small to compete or just a bit of a shambles really (serious relegation candidates): QPR, Huddersfield, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 15:04 - May 30 with 2792 viewsSamWhiteUK

Can't wait until Owlstalk get a hold of this thread
As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 15:13 - May 30 with 2759 viewsjayessess

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 15:04 - May 30 by SamWhiteUK

Can't wait until Owlstalk get a hold of this thread

I don't think it's outlandish to suggest they have the potential to struggle?

- their owners are incompetent and aren't big investors
- their fans don't seem to especially rate the manager
- they had the oldest squad in the league and need a total rebuild
- they played some dreadful stuff at times this season
- they have 6 regular starters out of contract, 2 more returning to their parent club

I didn't list us, because I can't be objective (and the more people gas us up, the less confident I feel), but objectively Wednesday have a tonne of work to do sorting themselves out this Summer and Chansiri/Moore isn't the team I'd want doing it.

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 15:17 - May 30 with 2736 viewsJ2BLUE

Things will look very different on August 5th.

Some teams will sign several decent players. Others will lose key players.

No idea right now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 15:37 - May 30 with 2675 viewsGeoffSentence

Nodge, QPR and Wednesday.

Though that's more of a wishlist really.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 16:35 - May 30 with 2623 viewsBigCommon

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 15:17 - May 30 by J2BLUE

No idea right now.

Exactly this....
Think people are making predictions out of boredom atm..
There's absolutely no way of knowing anyone's line ups, until after the window.
As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 09:11 - May 31 with 2381 viewsGeoffSentence

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 14:27 - May 30 by jayessess

Groups for me -

Parachute Teams (should finish 1st to 5th, if they don't f up): Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Watford, Scum

Biggish Teams in a Decent Place (Should make play-offs, assuming they don't f up and at least one parachute teams does): Middlesbrough, Sunderland, West Brom

Currently relatively well-run mid-sized teams (will finish somewhere between 6th to 12th): Coventry, Millwall, PNE, Blackburn

Neither total basket cases, but also not especially well-run mid-sized teams (might sneak into top half, but could still bomb it and end up in trouble): Swansea, Hull, Bristol City, Stoke, Birmingham, Cardiff

Either too small to compete or just a bit of a shambles really (serious relegation candidates): QPR, Huddersfield, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth

You've missed one.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 12:18 - May 31 with 2230 viewsVaughan8

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 15:17 - May 30 by J2BLUE

No idea right now.

Yeah. I'm sure once the season starts we'll get an idea.

I'll be honest, my knowledge of ghe other teams has dwindled since we've been in league one.

I'd QPR carry on how they were, they'll be near the bottom.
As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 12:23 - May 31 with 2203 viewsjayessess

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 09:11 - May 31 by GeoffSentence

You've missed one.

Deliberately so!

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 12:33 - May 31 with 2169 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 09:56 - May 30 by baxterbasics

I think Weds will survive actually. Mainly because they have a good manager.

All depends on signings. If their ageing squad doesn't get a freshen up, I can see their fans turning on Moore for not having them top half. If they sack him, they could easily struggle. I agree that if they keep him they will stay up, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 12:37 - May 31 with 2159 viewsLower_North

Hull
Rotherham
Huddersfield
As hard as it is to pick a championship top 3 on 13:37 - May 31 with 2064 viewsStewart27

Cardiff
Rotherham
Wednesday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024