Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week 04:57 - May 24 with 34900 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

1,000 Animal Rising protesters turning up to ruin the Derby at Epsom. Track has applied for an injunction to ban them or they’ll ruin it but even if they get the injunction (unlikely I’d imagine), it’ll be a nightmare stopping them with Epsom’s course layout. Epsom, unlike Aintree, is an open track and getting on to ruin it will not be that difficult unfortunately. It’s part of a public footpath when racing isn’t on to the side of the course so can be accessed if people want to quite easily. They’ve specifically said today in writing and in a meeting with the course that they plan to turn up and ruin both days by sitting on the track.

So that’ll be another sporting event I’m in attendance that these tw*ts ruin. That’s if I even get there with the now added train strike announced conveniently three days ago. Two days off work, train tickets, race day tickets at £140 a pop per day and it’ll probably end up cancelled anyway because it’s 2023 and nothing I like doing goes without someone sitting in the way trying to ruin it.

I doubt TWTD is the place to moan about this though as, like with the Snooker World Championship last month, the racing isn’t something the majority on here enjoy so it’s ok. They’ll no doubt target a town game soon just to really make me despise them. Protest for protest sake. There’s always something someone somewhere disagrees with and will then protest about and attempt to ruin.

What a depressing time to be a human being.
[Post edited 24 May 2023 5:03]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 06:17 - May 24 with 9979 viewschicoazul

Horse racing is inherently cruel. The point of protest is to annoy upset and discomfort people in order to draw attention to one’s cause. More power to them.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:21 - May 24 with 9868 viewsZx1988

Your final sentence is bang on the money and, thankfully, there are those with the guts and wherewithal to take principled stands against all those things/people that are ruining the planet and serving to make it such a depressing time to be alive

Keep going, Romford, you're this close to finally joining the dots!

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:38 - May 24 with 9821 viewsButterbing

Maybe find hobbies that don’t harm animals for gambling purposes.
Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:40 - May 24 with 9821 viewsStokieBlue

It's not a protest for protests sake, they clearly have a very specific issue with that specific type of event.

It's not the protestors that have the issue here, just like with the snooker post, all the reasons you've given self-centered.

The last sentence is so ironic it's hard to know where to start.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:41 - May 24 with 9803 viewsSwailsey

State of this. Final point is gold.
[Post edited 24 May 2023 7:42]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:50 - May 24 with 9753 viewsNthQldITFC

Me! Me! Me! WAAAAAHHHH!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:52 - May 24 with 9738 viewsDanTheMan

> What a depressing time to be a human being.

First world problems.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:55 - May 24 with 9717 viewsMattinLondon

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:50 - May 24 by NthQldITFC

Me! Me! Me! WAAAAAHHHH!

And everyone else is a selfish c**t….now let’s download another gambling app.
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:55 - May 24 with 9721 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Feeling your pain Rommers as only yesterday I was looking to buy a private jet in Geneva when this happened...
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/climate-activists-disrupt-european-business
...furthermore I hear that somebody missed a hospital appointment due to the wider disruption, the selfish w@nkers.

Starting to look like they really have it in for you tbf.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:59 - May 24 with 9708 viewsHerbivore

Good on them. Perhaps one day you'll step outside your bubble, Rommers, and actually care about something deeper than gambling and ITFC. Then you might start to understand why these people are protesting and why train staff are striking.
[Post edited 24 May 2023 8:02]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 08:02 - May 24 with 9688 viewsMattinLondon

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:55 - May 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Feeling your pain Rommers as only yesterday I was looking to buy a private jet in Geneva when this happened...
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/climate-activists-disrupt-european-business
...furthermore I hear that somebody missed a hospital appointment due to the wider disruption, the selfish w@nkers.

Starting to look like they really have it in for you tbf.

One private jet? You had it lucky. Only last night I was planning on travelling around France by aeroplane. But then this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56716708.amp
Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 08:08 - May 24 with 9618 viewsWacko

Protests that have taken place over the years have on the whole made your life prospects and those of millions of others immeasurably better

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 08:10 - May 24 with 9588 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 07:40 - May 24 by StokieBlue

It's not a protest for protests sake, they clearly have a very specific issue with that specific type of event.

It's not the protestors that have the issue here, just like with the snooker post, all the reasons you've given self-centered.

The last sentence is so ironic it's hard to know where to start.

SB

They have wider aims than horse racing. They want to stop all animal farming and fishing.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 08:11 - May 24 with 9571 viewsHerbivore

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 08:10 - May 24 by WestStanderLaLaLa

They have wider aims than horse racing. They want to stop all animal farming and fishing.

Good on them.

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 08:16 - May 24 with 9545 viewsDarth_Koont

Let them have their pitch invasion!

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 08:18 - May 24 with 9541 viewsStokieBlue

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 08:10 - May 24 by WestStanderLaLaLa

So it's even less "protest for protests sake" then.

It's protest to achieve some clear and defined aims. Whether you agree with them or not you can't say it's protest for protests sake.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 09:07 - May 24 with 9275 viewsPinewoodblue

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 08:18 - May 24 by StokieBlue

So it's even less "protest for protests sake" then.

It's protest to achieve some clear and defined aims. Whether you agree with them or not you can't say it's protest for protests sake.

SB

Hopefully Rommers will spare us his long diatribes encouraging gambling but somehow I doubt it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 09:12 - May 24 with 9259 viewsSitfcB

Good thread, too easy, you knew the hippies on here would froth at the mouth.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 09:13 - May 24 with 9243 viewsGeoffSentence

You will probably be fine Rommy, given that there is advanced notice of the event I imagine that there will be a number of ruddy faced gentlemen with cudgels offering practical reasons to move on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Gone pretty well this Rommers…. on 09:15 - May 24 with 9208 viewsBloots

…just as you planned I expect.

The same people frothing away saying the same things.

TWTD is is nothing if not predictable.

Well played.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 09:16 - May 24 with 9183 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 09:13 - May 24 by GeoffSentence

You will probably be fine Rommy, given that there is advanced notice of the event I imagine that there will be a number of ruddy faced gentlemen with cudgels offering practical reasons to move on.

I understand his hurt though after the National and World snooker got cancelled.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 09:17 - May 24 with 9178 viewsGeoffSentence

Not the first time that protests have disrupted major horse racing event.

How would you have felt about this lot screwing up the derby?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 09:17 - May 24 with 9174 viewsHerbivore

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 09:12 - May 24 by SitfcB

Rommers is the only one looking a bit frothy. Everyone else has been pretty measured in their response.

TWTD Gold innit…. on 09:18 - May 24 with 9174 viewsBloots

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 09:12 - May 24 by SitfcB

….next thing we’ll see is people having a go at each other about what they eat!

Bunch of twerps.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

TWTD Gold innit…. on 09:25 - May 24 with 9092 viewsHerbivore

TWTD Gold innit…. on 09:18 - May 24 by Bloots

….next thing we’ll see is people having a go at each other about what they eat!

Bunch of twerps.

If only there was some magical way to only see football related posts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024