Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week 04:57 - May 24 with 35278 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

1,000 Animal Rising protesters turning up to ruin the Derby at Epsom. Track has applied for an injunction to ban them or they’ll ruin it but even if they get the injunction (unlikely I’d imagine), it’ll be a nightmare stopping them with Epsom’s course layout. Epsom, unlike Aintree, is an open track and getting on to ruin it will not be that difficult unfortunately. It’s part of a public footpath when racing isn’t on to the side of the course so can be accessed if people want to quite easily. They’ve specifically said today in writing and in a meeting with the course that they plan to turn up and ruin both days by sitting on the track.

So that’ll be another sporting event I’m in attendance that these tw*ts ruin. That’s if I even get there with the now added train strike announced conveniently three days ago. Two days off work, train tickets, race day tickets at £140 a pop per day and it’ll probably end up cancelled anyway because it’s 2023 and nothing I like doing goes without someone sitting in the way trying to ruin it.

I doubt TWTD is the place to moan about this though as, like with the Snooker World Championship last month, the racing isn’t something the majority on here enjoy so it’s ok. They’ll no doubt target a town game soon just to really make me despise them. Protest for protest sake. There’s always something someone somewhere disagrees with and will then protest about and attempt to ruin.

What a depressing time to be a human being.
[Post edited 24 May 2023 5:03]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 12:48 - Jun 1 with 940 viewsHerbivore

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 12:19 - Jun 1 by itfcjoe

No one does anything now, in that sphere, without the thought of how does this look to a potential audience as everything is content now.

Everyone does what they do for a variety of reasons

Do you have anything beyond a stack of assumptions to back up that view?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 12:52 - Jun 1 with 931 viewseireblue

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 12:14 - Jun 1 by Ryorry

I've certainly never seen animal rights campaigners protesting against millions of mice & rats being killed annually by people putting down poison.

Maybe you haven’t been looking?

You may not be aware, there are not central areas where mice are killed, that activity very much happens in individual homes or areas.

You can get humane traps for such purposes, and they are promoted on various websites.

But there does exist a central authority that can control stuff like this, it is called Parliament.

And yes there are regular petitions and campaigns to petition the government to ban certain practises like glue traps for instance.

No word of a lie, on Tuesday I had a response from my MP on one of these topics. It was of course a template style response, but every little helps, hopefully.

Where there are central areas of abuse, of say mice, that can be targeted, e.g. animal testing laboratories, you will indeed see animals rights protests. I believe the government even put them on a registered for terrorists once.

Absence of you seeing evidence isn’t proof of absence of action. That is a generic logical thing that I think you are aware of.
Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 12:55 - Jun 1 with 918 viewseireblue

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 12:11 - Jun 1 by itfcjoe

Yes, that is also true though so what's your point?

That you aren’t making a point.
Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 13:59 - Jun 1 with 856 viewsRyorry

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 12:52 - Jun 1 by eireblue

Maybe you haven’t been looking?

You may not be aware, there are not central areas where mice are killed, that activity very much happens in individual homes or areas.

You can get humane traps for such purposes, and they are promoted on various websites.

But there does exist a central authority that can control stuff like this, it is called Parliament.

And yes there are regular petitions and campaigns to petition the government to ban certain practises like glue traps for instance.

No word of a lie, on Tuesday I had a response from my MP on one of these topics. It was of course a template style response, but every little helps, hopefully.

Where there are central areas of abuse, of say mice, that can be targeted, e.g. animal testing laboratories, you will indeed see animals rights protests. I believe the government even put them on a registered for terrorists once.

Absence of you seeing evidence isn’t proof of absence of action. That is a generic logical thing that I think you are aware of.

"There does exist a central authority that can control stuff like this, it is called Parliament."

Yes, and it could also control sports like horseracing ...

My point was in response to yours that the public choose which creatures to support & protect, so the more 'cuddly' ones get the love. I'm afraid that's true of campaigners too - or please provide here links to media reports of campaigners gluing themselves to roads or throwing orange powder at public events in the cause humane treatment of rats & mice, thanks.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 15:46 - Jun 1 with 801 viewseireblue

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 13:59 - Jun 1 by Ryorry

"There does exist a central authority that can control stuff like this, it is called Parliament."

Yes, and it could also control sports like horseracing ...

My point was in response to yours that the public choose which creatures to support & protect, so the more 'cuddly' ones get the love. I'm afraid that's true of campaigners too - or please provide here links to media reports of campaigners gluing themselves to roads or throwing orange powder at public events in the cause humane treatment of rats & mice, thanks.

The people throwing orange powder are the Just Stop Oil, and the people gluing themselves to roads are Insulate Britain. That’s eco stuff.

Top three links from DuckDuckGoing animal rights mice

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-64772067

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/animal-rights-activists-make-off-with-

https://www.peta.org.uk/blog/forced-swim-test-home-office-demo/

Although, I think the gluing thing is starting to become popular with animal campaigners as well.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/animal-rights-protester-nba-game/

So thanks for the idea, I am glad you are in support of even more disruptive protests for mice.
Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 13:55 - Jun 2 with 661 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well I’ve made it! That’s half the battle. Train strikes made it harder but I’ve made it. Good luck anyone who plays

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 13:58 - Jun 2 with 642 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 13:55 - Jun 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Well I’ve made it! That’s half the battle. Train strikes made it harder but I’ve made it. Good luck anyone who plays

Enjoy mate!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 14:41 - Jun 2 with 602 viewsunbelievablue

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 13:55 - Jun 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Enjoy.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like another great sporting event is getting ruined next week on 18:16 - Jun 2 with 541 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

4 each way placers, 2 winners (11/2 & 16/1) and my NAP was a non runner so money back.

Delighted with that.

No protestors either. Think they’re saving themselves for tomorrow’s shenanigans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024