Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday 15:41 - Apr 26 with 5813 viewsDeano69

Suspect the same at Fleetwood.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:05 - Apr 26 with 1586 viewsLankHenners

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:12 - Apr 26 by clive_baker

The bloke's a massive man baby.

I don't know what people's obsession is with wanting to go onto the pitch. If you don't respect the wishes of the players, staff, club etc then you should at least respect the thousands of other long suffering Town fans in the ground who would want to enjoy a lap of honor. Some people aren't physically able to go on the pitch, others wouldn't want to.

I can understand the appeal to a degree (though for me it works better if it's an instinctive, emotional reaction rather than the more procedural feel we're currently getting) but the reactions of people even when they just see others saying they don't like them/aren't bothered is very bizarre. Acting like they're a spoilt child who's just been told they can't have an extra slice of cake.

For me I'd rather see the players and staff celebrate together then come round soaking in the appreciation from the stands than watch a load of drips stumble around the pitch clattering into people.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:18 - Apr 26 with 1554 viewsTractorgirlforever

I hope more than anything that people dont start trying to dig some of the pitch up being as we are getting a new one. Theres peoples ashes been spread there, it would be really disrespectful.
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:20 - Apr 26 with 1540 viewsDJR

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:18 - Apr 26 by Tractorgirlforever

I hope more than anything that people dont start trying to dig some of the pitch up being as we are getting a new one. Theres peoples ashes been spread there, it would be really disrespectful.

That's absolutely right. And I was wrong to make a joke about it, although you will see that the rest of my post disapproves of a pitch invasion.
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:23 - Apr 26 with 1506 viewsSamWhiteUK

I just don't see the appeal of being on the pitch if I'm being totally honest. I'd much rather be celebrating in the stands with the people whom you've been sat there with over the years.
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:24 - Apr 26 with 1500 viewsMaySixth

it will happen if we go up on Saturday
Hundreds of stewards won't stop thousands of fans and nor should they

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:25 - Apr 26 with 1476 viewsbilllm

It's pretty simple,
Stay in the stands if you want to see our heroes
Run on the pitch and spoil the party and you won't see our heroes,
They deserve the adulation,
Being older I hope it dosent go the way I think it will,
[Redacted] on 17:43 - Apr 26 with 1408 viewsvictorywilhappen

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 15:55 - Apr 26 by abracaDOBRA_

Seeing a lot of ‘let the players have their moment, what about fans having theirs?

Also, did nobody see Wrexham at the weekend? The players loved it, were on the backs of fans chanting on the pitch. Being thrown up and down.

Players love the fans, and I’m sure would not care in the slightest if they did invade.

[Redacted]
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:45 - Apr 26 with 1390 viewsNthQldITFC

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:12 - Apr 26 by clive_baker

I don't know what people's obsession is with wanting to go onto the pitch. If you don't respect the wishes of the players, staff, club etc then you should at least respect the thousands of other long suffering Town fans in the ground who would want to enjoy a lap of honor. Some people aren't physically able to go on the pitch, others wouldn't want to.

I don't understand the desire to go on the pitch either. I mean if it was OK by the club, fine, if you want to, but if the club have asked people not to do it, for the reasons outlined, why the fork would someone like that agitate for it? Perhaps it's for a bit of play acting?

Out of interest, how many of us here have played on that pitch?

I'm Played 1 / Won 1 / Scored 1 - at the Sir Alf Ramsey end in a charity game - banged one into the top corner from outside the box and wheeled away doing the Shearer celebration to a near empty stadium, like a tvvat! Cor, it was a lovely pitch to play on though. Are they giving out the turf when they grub it up?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

[Redacted] on 17:55 - Apr 26 with 1354 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:01 - Apr 26 with 1325 viewsSamWhiteUK

I think a lot more people would be willing to refrain from entering if a social media video was put out of McKenna, Ashton, some of the players etc saying please don't
[Redacted] on 18:04 - Apr 26 with 1309 viewsvictorywilhappen

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:01 - Apr 26 by SamWhiteUK

I think a lot more people would be willing to refrain from entering if a social media video was put out of McKenna, Ashton, some of the players etc saying please don't

[Redacted]
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:11 - Apr 26 with 1277 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:08 - Apr 26 by FrimleyBlue

So. They do a podcast and ask Ashton etc for interviews to increase their figures. Yet feel its appropriate to ignore club safety requests.

Cruncher has pitch invasion tickets for sale.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:13 - Apr 26 with 1276 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:14 - Apr 26 by Zx1988

What an utter berk.

Hopefully that's the last remaining bit of any goodwill from the club towards TT thrown firmly in the bin.

I would imagine any goodwill went when that pipsqueak Matt Phillips was calling for McKenna to be sacked in February.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:14 - Apr 26 with 1271 viewshoppy

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:00 - Apr 26 by DJR

I'm going to be smuggling in a spade!

More seriously, I have been on the pitch in the past, including Oxford. Indeed, I am sure it was a tradition at the last game of the season in the 70s, whether or not we had won something.

But I would prefer that we heed what the club says. To my mind nothing could better the interaction between the players and the fans last night, which just won't happen with a pitch invasion. And we would miss the Harry Clarke fist pump which he could give to all stands in the stadium.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 17:09]

When you mention being on the pitch at Oxford - do you mean this season? From what I understand, that could've just been trying to find your way back to your seat after going to the loo or the bar in the fog?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:17 - Apr 26 with 1255 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm sure every w@nker who spends 90 minutes with their phone out for their v log will go on and others will follow.

IF we win of course.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:26 - Apr 26 with 1223 viewsMaySixth

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 17:25 - Apr 26 by billlm

It's pretty simple,
Stay in the stands if you want to see our heroes
Run on the pitch and spoil the party and you won't see our heroes,
They deserve the adulation,
Being older I hope it dosent go the way I think it will,

If there is a pitch invasion, lap of honour afterwards?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Sitters has got massive knockers. (n/t) on 18:30 - Apr 26 with 1205 viewsBloots

[Redacted] on 17:55 - Apr 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:33 - Apr 26 with 1199 viewsDJR

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:14 - Apr 26 by hoppy

When you mention being on the pitch at Oxford - do you mean this season? From what I understand, that could've just been trying to find your way back to your seat after going to the loo or the bar in the fog?

I meant 1992 but I was also there this season and am convinced that we drew 1-1 as I didn't see any Oxford winner.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 19:15]
[Redacted] on 18:57 - Apr 26 with 1170 viewsvictorywilhappen

Sitters has got massive knockers. (n/t) on 18:30 - Apr 26 by Bloots

[Redacted]
Sitters has got massive knockers. (n/t) on 19:56 - Apr 26 with 1111 viewsRyorry

[Redacted] on 18:57 - Apr 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Gav The Enforcer ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 19:58 - Apr 26 with 1109 viewsRyorry

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 16:14 - Apr 26 by Zx1988

What an utter berk.

Hopefully that's the last remaining bit of any goodwill from the club towards TT thrown firmly in the bin.

He's deleted the tweet, perhaps for the reason you hinted at.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 20:02 - Apr 26 with 1101 viewsSkip_Intro

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:11 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

Cruncher has pitch invasion tickets for sale.

but it's all for charidee mate...not arf!
Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 20:06 - Apr 26 with 1096 viewsMJallday

[Redacted] on 18:04 - Apr 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

My boobs are bigger than hers

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 20:17 - Apr 26 with 1055 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 15:52 - Apr 26 by hatch

Please for the love of God don't pitch invade.

We're a good size club and yes this season has been special and taken years of misery to come, but it's very tinpoint to celebrate pitch invading a league we previously hadn't experienced for about 53 years or whatever it was.

So, SHOULD we gain promotion, please please let the players enjoy the applauds from the stands.

Please for the love of God loosen up a bit.
We used to invade the pitch at every last home game of the season during the 70's & 80's even if we hadn't had any success.
What's the problem?
The pitch is going to be changed shortly anyway.
What awful twonks on 20:18 - Apr 26 with 1057 viewsDyland

Sounds like theres a plea to not go on the pitch Saturday on 18:13 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

I would imagine any goodwill went when that pipsqueak Matt Phillips was calling for McKenna to be sacked in February.

The worst/best example of cult of the amateur. They are awful, and not that it needs saying but totally unrepresentative of the wider fan base.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024