Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mckenna Forest Rumour 12:37 - Apr 19 with 8924 viewsGaryBirtles

Good Afternoon. Please don't shoot the messenger but there's a rumour flying around Nottingham that Forest want KM to replace Cooper. Forest have apparently made tentative enquires and Mark Ashton is not happy about it. Personally i hope not as Copper has done a great job for us. Has any Blues fans heard anything similar?

All the best for the rest of the season i have no doubt we'll be playing you again next season.
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:39 - Apr 19 with 5735 viewsHipsterectomy

I heard that Derby wanted him and they’re the bigger club

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:39 - Apr 19 with 5718 viewsJ2BLUE

lol

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:48 - Apr 19 with 5539 viewsIllinoisblue

The state of this

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:49 - Apr 19 with 5516 viewsITFC_Forever

He’s rubbish, you wouldn’t want him….nothing to see here.

(We need to get used to this).

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:51 - Apr 19 with 5465 viewsNthQldITFC

I've got this one:

Gary Birtles = Cockney rhyming slang for Turtles
=> Turtles swim in the Ocean
=> Billy Ocean's greatest hit = "Go and get stuffed (subtitled: You budgie t***pot)"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:52 - Apr 19 with 5438 viewsDeano69

Lolllers

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:53 - Apr 19 with 5371 viewsGeoffSentence

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:49 - Apr 19 by ITFC_Forever

He’s rubbish, you wouldn’t want him….nothing to see here.

(We need to get used to this).

Schmumaker is a much better manager, good driver too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:54 - Apr 19 with 5370 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors. It wouldn't surprise me if there is interest higher up the pyramid. I'm not too worried about KM going anywhere though.

Has been given everything he asks for here, not just in terms of players but with changes to the stadium and training ground. A chance to learn on the job, somewhat out of the limelight. Backed not only by his bosses, but by legions of fans that for years have only been notable by their absence. When he speaks, he seems intelligent and considered.

Why would someone like that throw it all away so soon for a job at a club that showed last summer it has no sense of loyalty? One day he will leave, but not just as he is starting to be able to enjoy the fruits of his labour.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Login to get fewer ads

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:57 - Apr 19 with 5277 viewsHerbivore

Not sure he'd be lured away by a sideways step.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:58 - Apr 19 with 5291 viewsTractorCam

McKenna is a smart man, if we go up I wouldn't see why he'd want to leave. If we stay down, who knows.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:59 - Apr 19 with 5266 viewsSharkey

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:54 - Apr 19 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors. It wouldn't surprise me if there is interest higher up the pyramid. I'm not too worried about KM going anywhere though.

Has been given everything he asks for here, not just in terms of players but with changes to the stadium and training ground. A chance to learn on the job, somewhat out of the limelight. Backed not only by his bosses, but by legions of fans that for years have only been notable by their absence. When he speaks, he seems intelligent and considered.

Why would someone like that throw it all away so soon for a job at a club that showed last summer it has no sense of loyalty? One day he will leave, but not just as he is starting to be able to enjoy the fruits of his labour.

I don't understand the 'showed no loyalty last summer' comment, What did they do?
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:59 - Apr 19 with 5265 viewsketton_itfc

What I love about this is this rumour circulating around all the pubs and working men’s clubs of Nottingham. What were the conversations like? “Have you heard Forest are after the Ipswich manager duck?” “Really!””Yes and their CEO Mark Ashton is fuming”. And this has been passed on amongst all the fans in Nottingham. Until, judging by your username, a guy in his late 40’s/50s decides to break rank and post on an Ipswich forum. Not on a Forest forum, as I assume everyone knows this news.
Thanks, you’ve got me worried now.
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:04 - Apr 19 with 5111 viewsChurchman

Not the best of wind ups but never mind. You tried.

McKenna will leave for bigger things one day. So a sideways move to Nottingham Forest, who will probably be relegated, is as likely as Therese Coffey laying off the pork pies, turnips and cream buns.
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:06 - Apr 19 with 5076 viewschicoazul

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:48 - Apr 19 by Illinoisblue

The state of this

Have heard similar to be fair. Southampton too. Loads of interest in him and it’s going to be a very long summer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:09 - Apr 19 with 5034 viewsSwansea_Blue

I heard he was going to take a couple of weeks off at the end of the season to go camping in the New Forest. Maybe you’ve got confused?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 13:09]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:09 - Apr 19 with 5025 viewsNthQldITFC

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:59 - Apr 19 by ketton_itfc

What I love about this is this rumour circulating around all the pubs and working men’s clubs of Nottingham. What were the conversations like? “Have you heard Forest are after the Ipswich manager duck?” “Really!””Yes and their CEO Mark Ashton is fuming”. And this has been passed on amongst all the fans in Nottingham. Until, judging by your username, a guy in his late 40’s/50s decides to break rank and post on an Ipswich forum. Not on a Forest forum, as I assume everyone knows this news.
Thanks, you’ve got me worried now.

Strangely this rumour doesn't seem to be mentioned on any Forest forum, or on Twitter, as far as I can see. It's an odd one, that's for sure.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:11 - Apr 19 with 4947 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:06 - Apr 19 by chicoazul

Have heard similar to be fair. Southampton too. Loads of interest in him and it’s going to be a very long summer.

Going nowhere.
There was also a rumour we were going to sign Batistuta. It was Paz.

Why would he go to Forest - A basket case of a club, or Southampton, who have been slowly declining in the last few years, rather than stay here with the progressive ownership we have? Our ownership will be looking for a tilt at the play-offs next season. I'd have good money on that.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:12 - Apr 19 with 4946 viewsSwansea_Blue

For sure. There’s bound to be interest, and that’ll go into overdrive if we don’t go up. I don’t think we’d be safe from the sharks circling however high we climb under him. If he keeps going like this he’ll end up at a top PL club.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:13 - Apr 19 with 4915 viewsIllinoisblue

Heard similar. Lol

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:13 - Apr 19 with 4907 viewschicoazul

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:11 - Apr 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

Going nowhere.
There was also a rumour we were going to sign Batistuta. It was Paz.

Why would he go to Forest - A basket case of a club, or Southampton, who have been slowly declining in the last few years, rather than stay here with the progressive ownership we have? Our ownership will be looking for a tilt at the play-offs next season. I'd have good money on that.

Treble his money?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:13 - Apr 19 with 4906 viewsStewart27

I don’t see this.

KM is all about having a competitive squad and improving players in this squad to suit his style of play - he’s literally improved every town player.

Can’t see him going to a club who throw a load of cash at the situation and hoping something sticks.
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:13 - Apr 19 with 4911 viewsRyorry

Looks like it might be a rumour started by yourself.

You know where you can go with it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:17 - Apr 19 with 4841 viewsbobwya

Im sure that because of the ìmpression he has made other clubs will be sniffing around but I'm also sure that at the end of the season- if not already- discussìons will be taking place to improve and extend ĶMs contract
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:19 - Apr 19 with 4811 viewsITFC_Forever

There were clubs interested in KMc last summer, that’s only going to intensify over the next few months.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:19 - Apr 19 with 4810 viewsnodge_blue

Well it would only happen after the season ended. At which time we will possibly be in the same league and therefore wouldn't happen as he would see us as a better club to be at.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024