Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? 08:22 - Apr 16 with 2974 viewsGlasgowBlue

One on one with the keeper for a remarkable hatrick before being brought down.

That would have been just reward for a top bloke who has kept up a fantastic attitude after seeing Hirst take his starting position.

In a side note, I thought Hirst looked a little leggy well before his miss and I wonder if KM will go with Freddie on Tuesday in order to rest Hirst for the Posh game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:27 - Apr 16 with 2601 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

spot on GB. For what was it 30 mins on the pitch, 2 goals would have been 3 but for that foul. He would have loved that hat trick, and yes I think we need to start him on Tuesday.

Edit - 20 minutes!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 8:29]

Poll: would you rather

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:28 - Apr 16 with 2598 viewsDaninthecampo

I was just about to post about Freddie,I was thinking last weekend that with 2 tough away games coming up Freddie would start on Tuesday after his 2 goals and now just 1 goal away from 20 it makes more sense

But do we risk changing the starting 11 or mix it up?
I dont want to see any other changes though,they are by far the best 10 players we have
Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:32 - Apr 16 with 2533 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:28 - Apr 16 by Daninthecampo

I was just about to post about Freddie,I was thinking last weekend that with 2 tough away games coming up Freddie would start on Tuesday after his 2 goals and now just 1 goal away from 20 it makes more sense

But do we risk changing the starting 11 or mix it up?
I dont want to see any other changes though,they are by far the best 10 players we have

bearing in mind the 2 games coming up, inside a week, I think there need to be a few players rested for Tuesday. We need Broady, Burns, Leif to be fully fit for Saturday. I could see Freddie, Edwards, Jackson and Leigh all starting, with the others on the bench in case needed.

Poll: would you rather

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:36 - Apr 16 with 2509 viewsBlueRaider

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:32 - Apr 16 by LegendofthePhoenix

bearing in mind the 2 games coming up, inside a week, I think there need to be a few players rested for Tuesday. We need Broady, Burns, Leif to be fully fit for Saturday. I could see Freddie, Edwards, Jackson and Leigh all starting, with the others on the bench in case needed.

I disagree, I think we go full strength against Vale, I can see both Wednesday and Barnsley drawing on Tuesday, and if we win it means that we could lose both the away games and still be second thanks to our goal difference

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:38 - Apr 16 with 2487 viewsHerbivore

Really can't see us making that many changes. We need to win on Tuesday, our rivals all have tricky away games so 3 points at home to Port Vale is a must. I can see Freddie coming in as that doesn't disrupt us much but I expect that will be the only change, with the bench being used earlier than usual to give the starters a rest if we're a couple of goals up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:38 - Apr 16 with 2484 viewstextbackup

Sometimes Hirst looks like he’s never played football, his touch can be dreadful. However, he then pulls out a goal like at Bolton (plus all his other attributes are key to what we need from a forward man)

I want Ladapo to score THE goal that seals promotion
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 11:57]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:39 - Apr 16 with 2485 viewsWD19

I thought the same, although conversely I also thought Chaplin was generous not to pinch Ladapos first. It is not clear from the replay whether this was because Chaplin was in generous mood or because he was offside.
Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:08 - Apr 16 with 2328 viewsclive_baker

Think Hirst leads the line brilliantly, his movement is so good and he always occupies defenders which creates space for Chaplin. The amount of times Hirst’s front post runs give Chaplin the space to score from, I think he makes quite a selfless contribution that shouldn’t be underestimated. Plus he’s proven he’s got a goal in him.

Not to discredit FL, he’s having a great season himself but I do think the last half and hour when you’re 3/4 - 0 up in games like yesterday where it’s so stretched is a very different prospect to the first half an hour. Ladapo and Edwards are better ‘finishers’ to coin an Eddie Jones term for me, foot to the throttle against tired and stretched defences. Let Hirst beat them up for an hour first.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:15 - Apr 16 with 2266 viewsMullet

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:08 - Apr 16 by clive_baker

Think Hirst leads the line brilliantly, his movement is so good and he always occupies defenders which creates space for Chaplin. The amount of times Hirst’s front post runs give Chaplin the space to score from, I think he makes quite a selfless contribution that shouldn’t be underestimated. Plus he’s proven he’s got a goal in him.

Not to discredit FL, he’s having a great season himself but I do think the last half and hour when you’re 3/4 - 0 up in games like yesterday where it’s so stretched is a very different prospect to the first half an hour. Ladapo and Edwards are better ‘finishers’ to coin an Eddie Jones term for me, foot to the throttle against tired and stretched defences. Let Hirst beat them up for an hour first.

I think Ladapo is quite capable of it, he has the record at this level etc. but Hirst is probably a better option. You can see how defenders don't quite know what to do with him in those first few engagements.

He isn't bullied, quick and intelligent. Freddie has done a sterling job this season, and I'm a huge fan, but if we sign Hirst I'd expect him to be the main man in the Championship and McK to polish him up nicely.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:19 - Apr 16 with 2207 viewsStewart27

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:38 - Apr 16 by textbackup

Sometimes Hirst looks like he’s never played football, his touch can be dreadful. However, he then pulls out a goal like at Bolton (plus all his other attributes are key to what we need from a forward man)

Disagree here.

Hirst put in a first class number 9 display yesterday. Resulting in him getting singled out for praise by the opposition manager. He must have been knackered when he came off.

I actually feel sorry for him over Ladapo, as he did so much of the dirty work to tire their defenders prior to Freddie’s introduction.
Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:26 - Apr 16 with 2147 viewsclive_baker

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:15 - Apr 16 by Mullet

I think Ladapo is quite capable of it, he has the record at this level etc. but Hirst is probably a better option. You can see how defenders don't quite know what to do with him in those first few engagements.

He isn't bullied, quick and intelligent. Freddie has done a sterling job this season, and I'm a huge fan, but if we sign Hirst I'd expect him to be the main man in the Championship and McK to polish him up nicely.

I don’t mind Ladapo by any means, and I really like the bloke, he plays with a smile on his face like Edwards and Chaplin and there’s something I love about that. He’s improved as the season has gone on too, I just think Hirst is in a slightly different league. He’s such a natural forward, seems to have an instinct (perhaps he’s inherited it, his dad wasn’t half bad), love his movement and as you say he’s intelligent. Buys free kicks when we need them, holds the ball up, works incredibly hard, technically very good, good in the air. All he’s missing is a 20 goal season under his belt. Freddie’s obviously had a different path, I admire his resilience and his attitude having lost his place in the starting XI is clearly first class. No sulking, keep working hard and take your chance when it comes. I’ve got a lot of respect for that, and think he’s a handful at this level and has a role to play over the next month. Not sure what the future holds beyond that, perhaps his age is valuable at the next level, plus he did have a season there. Can see us strengthening up front though.

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:31 - Apr 16 with 2116 viewsBloomBlue

I agree I didn't think Hirst looked as good as he has been recently but then the Charlton manager mentioned Hirst was causing them lots of problems with his movement. Plus, my Charlton supporting neighbour who sat with the Charlton fans yesterday thought Hirst was Town's best player in that first half, funny how people see things differently in football.
Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:31 - Apr 16 with 2101 viewsArnieM

I’ve just said in another thread I can’t see McKenna changing the starting line except gif injuries . But I take your point re Hirst appearing leggy. Easter is a tough period at the end of a long season, so perhaps there is that potential for Freddie to come in .

Personally, I think the team plays with slightly more fluidity amongst that front three when Hirst is the striker, than when Freddie is. They have different attributes that they bring to the team. But like many on here, I’d love Freddie to hit that 20goal mark, and I think he will, Tuesday night!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:35 - Apr 16 with 2076 viewsArnieM

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:08 - Apr 16 by clive_baker

Absolutely 100% this ^^^^^ and I think that’s exactly why McKenna goes for Hirst above Ladapo.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:37 - Apr 16 with 2077 viewsclive_baker

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:19 - Apr 16 by Stewart27

Disagree here.

Hirst put in a first class number 9 display yesterday. Resulting in him getting singled out for praise by the opposition manager. He must have been knackered when he came off.

I actually feel sorry for him over Ladapo, as he did so much of the dirty work to tire their defenders prior to Freddie’s introduction.

First goal he drops in, gets the ball under and used it well to Davis who assists Chaplin.

2nd goal he makes a characteristic run which occupies 2 defenders and allows Chaplin to run into the space and finish.

Was on hand to score the 3rd had Chaplin not beat him to it too.

Excellent centre forward display, executed his role brilliantly. I don’t feel sorry for him particularly, he’ll be judged by more than just his goals. Of course you want them too, but that was a very impactful hour of football from Hirst yesterday.

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:42 - Apr 16 with 2027 viewsTractorCam

Absolutely not, our next game is always most important at this stage.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:50 - Apr 16 with 1942 viewsBluesky

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:36 - Apr 16 by BlueRaider

I disagree, I think we go full strength against Vale, I can see both Wednesday and Barnsley drawing on Tuesday, and if we win it means that we could lose both the away games and still be second thanks to our goal difference

I think Freddie in the Port Vale game WOULD be full strength. They are physical and he is more resilient than Hirst is currently. Love Freddie's smile - it was all part of a near perfect day yesterday.
Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:56 - Apr 16 with 1908 viewsclive_baker

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:42 - Apr 16 by TractorCam

At this stage of the season especially it has to be eyes on the next game surely. Go again with the same starting XI and make changes in match within the forward areas. If we can make changes on 60 minutes as we’ve had the luxury of lately then I don’t see any issue with starting the same XI on Tuesday. It’s highly likely that we’re promoted in 13 days if we win 3 of the next 4, Port Vale has to be one of those wins. We’ve got to go full strength and not get too cute about managing fatigue. It’s a fit bunch, they’ve got enough in the tank. Our opponents are in exactly the same boat, in fact I dare say their forward players have probably played more minutes than ours over recent weeks.

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 10:44 - Apr 16 with 1733 viewsLankHenners

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:42 - Apr 16 by TractorCam

Yep, stage of the season now where you put your best XI available out there every game.

Some people threw their toys out the pram about it but McKenna's played a blinder with the first half of the season squad rotation to give ourselves a fit bunch of players capable of giving it both barrels from here on out.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

That's a pretty hyperbolic assessment on 10:55 - Apr 16 with 1687 viewsDyland

He was rusty in the first few games but even then his quality movement and football brain was evident. Since he's been up and running he's generally had an excellent touch. He created so much space for the 10s too. Ladders is, for me, an understudy. A good one, and one I like a lot, but understudy nonetheless. But meh, what do I know innit.

The miss yesterday was awful and it made me think of his namesake-with-a-different-spelling comment about two nil being a dangerous scoreline. And meh, what did I know! Absolutely bossed the Addicks. I still thought Bonne's weak header was a subconscious miss though.... :)

Hugging strangers outside the ground. Sun out. Owls losing. Arftastic.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 11:26 - Apr 16 with 1573 viewsGarv

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:31 - Apr 16 by BloomBlue

I agree I didn't think Hirst looked as good as he has been recently but then the Charlton manager mentioned Hirst was causing them lots of problems with his movement. Plus, my Charlton supporting neighbour who sat with the Charlton fans yesterday thought Hirst was Town's best player in that first half, funny how people see things differently in football.

I thought Hirst was brilliant first half. He's a perfect mix of hustle and bustle and clever movement and link play.

He seemed happy to play on the shoulder but come short whenever someone (usually Davis) wanted him to.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 11:37 - Apr 16 with 1530 viewsNutkins_Return

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 08:36 - Apr 16 by BlueRaider

Full strength can be a freshen up though. Full strength against Port Vale doesn't have to be same side for me. I would make minimal changes but Hirst and Broadhead would be ones I would look (losing Broadhead to his ankle issue is a risk in itself). Edwards has look really really good recently and with Vale having 4 suspended they will be men behind ball and he is good in that scenario.
Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 11:55 - Apr 16 with 1485 viewstextbackup

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 09:19 - Apr 16 by Stewart27

Disagree here.

I mean, I didn’t say the whole game!
There are a few occasions where it looks easier to control it and it bounces away… I also added his attributes are key for us

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

That's a pretty hyperbolic assessment on 12:13 - Apr 16 with 1392 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

That's a pretty hyperbolic assessment on 10:55 - Apr 16 by Dyland

He was rusty in the first few games but even then his quality movement and football brain was evident. Since he's been up and running he's generally had an excellent touch. He created so much space for the 10s too. Ladders is, for me, an understudy. A good one, and one I like a lot, but understudy nonetheless. But meh, what do I know innit.

The miss yesterday was awful and it made me think of his namesake-with-a-different-spelling comment about two nil being a dangerous scoreline. And meh, what did I know! Absolutely bossed the Addicks. I still thought Bonne's weak header was a subconscious miss though.... :)

Hugging strangers outside the ground. Sun out. Owls losing. Arftastic.

COYFB

Think Bonne must have known he was offside and thought better of it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Does anyone feel gutted for Ladapo? on 14:08 - Apr 16 with 1187 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

You have some downvotes here but I sort of get what you mean.

I really rate HIrst btw, think he is a real handful for any defender. But he does look out of control of his body at times, very awkward.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024